zummerzet66

Are we there yet?!
Wednesday 16th April 2008

The Cast:

Me (Matt) 42, though young at heart!
DW (Claire) 41, and ditto
DS11 (Samuel), already a teenager!
DS9 (Tommy), daredevil coaster rider!

After yesterday's eat-in DIY breakfast, I insist that this morning we go out, so we head up Old Lake Wilson to the 192, and into Bob Evans, which we've passed every single day since we've been here and thought "one day", so today it is. Sandra is our server and she brings us:

Me: Farmers Country Breakfast (eggs over easy)
DW: Farmers Country Breakfast (eggs scrambled)
DS11: Li'l Farmers Breakfast
DS9: Pancakes

It's $35 with drinks and tip, which isn't too bad, though it's by no means the best breakfast we've had out here.

We make it to DHS in time for the opening, and have to endure various people pushing in front of the children before we can actually head off for our favourite big two. I grab us FPs for R&RC whilst the others queue for ToT (must be mad riding these two straight after a Bob Evans breakfast, but hey!). DS11 seems to develop a slight fear of ToT whilst we queue, but we get him on there, and he loves it as much as the rest of us. At R&RC, DS9 and I get to ride front row, with DW and DS11 behind us. An American chap and his young son are directly behind them and, at the end of the ride he sings out "Dude looks like a lady". I can't help telling him "you scream like one, too!" which, thankfully, he finds hilarious (It's true, he did holler pretty much all the way round!).

Florida2008084.jpg

Having ridden these two, we decide to hop over to Epcot to ride our favourites over there but, on arrival, the queue at Test Track is HUGE! Fortunately, Mission:Space is not such a big queue, so we go there instead, opting for the daredevil ride instead of the girlie one ;)

As the queues around the park are all pretty big, we decide to head out and try out another place we've read about on the Dibb. What a result! Coldstone Creamery, near Celebration, is awesome, and the Peanut Butter Cup Perfections we have are amongst the best ice creams we have ever had. I think we'll be back here again before the end of the trip.

Having finished our ice creams, we head back to DHS, where we find one of my favourite characters out for a photo shoot, so we have to grab a couple of snaps.

Florida2008087.jpg

Florida2008086.jpg

We're in the mood for a more relaxing time now, so One Man's Dream is next (good for brushing up on your Disney history!) followed by the Magic of Disney Animation. The kids are well impressed, not least because, as we come out, Sorcerer Mickey is there waiting for them. The camera is called into action again.

Florida2008089.jpg

It's now fast approaching time for Lights, Motors, Action, so we head over, and manage to get pretty good seats, more or less dead centre of the grandstand.

Florida2008093.jpg

Florida2008094.jpg

Florida2008095.jpg

After the show, we all agree that it's time to eat, so we head off for yet another place we've read about and not yet got round to trying. Parking up on the side of the road in Celebration, we are seated straight away in the Market Street Cafe. On our first trip to Orlando, two years ago, one of my favourite meals was the Philly Melt at Denny's, though the one I had earlier this trip was nowhere near as good. Here at the Market Street Cafe, they do a Cheese Steak Sandwich, which sounds the same on the menu, so I give that a go. The others order as follows:

DW: Market Street Burger
DS11: Hamburger
DS9: Cheeseburger

As I start my meal, I soon realise that what I have here is absolutely nothing like the Philly Melt at Denny's. It is WAY better, and DW is eyeing me enviously as I tuck in to the most amazing thin strips of steak, mushroom and cheese on a hoagie bun. I'm not sure it's supposed to have the mushrooms in, but I'd asked Jon, our server, to hold the peppers and onions, and he offered the mushrooms as an alternative. Gorgeous! And it $40 with drinks and tip, it seems like one of the best value for money meals we've had all trip.

Back to the villa, and another relaxing evening before more of the same tomorrow!

Sounds like another fab day. :)

Why have I never been to the Coldstone Creamery before? I will make a mental note. ;)

I've never seen Sorceror Mickey before - other than Fantasmic of course. Must watch out for him next time.

Another great day...I'm impressed with how many times you guys are eating out when you have a Villa. I always think that having a Villa would force me into cooking rather than eating out.

we were going to go in the market street cafe 2 weeks ago but the kids decided to go back to our hotel (the staybridge suites) and walk over to the orlando ale house insted , i wish we went in there now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter