Everything You Do, CELEBRATE YOU! - Polynesian - Club Level - TPV

Oh my goodness! I haven't been to Universal in ages!!

I remember riding the ride as a kid, before The Simpsons took over.

This makes me very sad because I LOVED the Back to the Future Ride! Taking a DeLorean back in time...super fun!

This is an unappreciated ride for sure!
There never seems to be a line.
And it’s a scary coaster, which is always good.

The Mummy is amazing! In a way it has the elements of Everest, with going backwards and really feeling the G-Forces!

I was happy, because they were taking names and giving out the adventure passports today!
That means E.T. can say goodbye to you personally at the end!
I told Jamie to tell them his name was Hymie, but sadly he didn’t.

I enjoyed this ride a lot when I had first went on it! Loved that E.T. said "goodbye to me!

Oh my goodness! The Animal Actors looks like so much fun!

My DH was sitting on the couch beside me while I was giggling away at your TR! He gently patted me on the head and sighed.

You snuck not one but three updates on me! :faint:

It was another beautiful day here at the Polynesian, but those dark clouds were back over the Magic Kingdom!

24271714364_6f0fe3a7b3_b.jpg

It is so pretty! :cloud9:

I know I probably sound like I’m taking happy pills or something, but I do honestly enjoy some good storm clouds.
Especially when I’m not underneath them :thumbsup2

Or in England...or in a hurricane :rolleyes1

tumblr_lx6d14oxop1qbdq9so1_r1_500.gif

:rotfl:

We also talked about the 8-foot king cobra that had escaped and was on the loose in the Orlando area (!!!)

Was there now ;)
Sorry. :laughing:

And I should also mention, we arrived BAGLESS.

Woohoo!! Forward planning! :woohoo:

They really did a great job with the London façade.
Everything is dead on, from King’s Cross, to the tube station, and even down to the font on the English parking signs.

24781838522_37639f21f4_c.jpg

But with much less graffiti! :rotfl:

We made our way up to Escape from Gringotts, but it was closed due to technical difficulties!
At 9am :laughing:
Of course it was.

:sad2:

You can hear us start laughing at 00:45 because the line "something from the trolley dear" reminds us of a certain internet meme...
(Which I can't possibly link to a Disney forum :laughing:)

Boooo! :(

But I actually think I know what you mean and that would be a one way trip off the DIS! :rotfl:

While we were in line we discussed which subjects we would take at Hogwarts.
I said that I’d probably be good at Potions because I’ve worked in a couple of cocktail bars, but Jamie reminded me that a few weeks ago I burnt our spaghetti to the bottom of the pan, and he told me I couldn’t be trusted with a cauldron.
Dreams = shattered.

Poor Katie! Everyone's a critic! :sad2:

635838106393987863629839681_Cookinggif.gif

Jamie wants to take flying lessons so that he can become captain of the quidditch team.
Who’d have thought he’d want to compete at something…? :rolleyes2

latest

After the ride we bought a bottle of “Gillywater” (ie. regular water)... for $4!!!!!!

tumblr_lwmfyfKciM1qdq5u6.gif

$4?!??! :scared1:

I like that they have a lot of healthy snacks at the outdoor carts though. They sell fruit cups and bags of grapes, and even entire melons.

24532073509_0915e33112_b.jpg

Those healthy snacks are great and everything but who they heck is going to buy a WHOLE melon???
"Gosh I'm rather peckish I wonder if Universal stocks any whole melons!" Who would do that? And what would you do with it if you didn't eat it all?? Put it in your locker? :laughing:

giphy.gif

Due to my Disney obsession, I can boast the fact that I know all of the Disney parks like the back of my hand, and I never need to use a map.
But unfortunately that arrogance followed me to Universal, and when I marched us to Jurassic Park, we actually ended up here.

24899657555_bf3f5e4132_b.jpg

Aren't they basically the same place?? :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

giphy.gif

Jamie had a look in a clothes store.
He loves Marvel but he likes his clothes to be minimalist.

9e7ecacf-e6a5-456f-bd8a-33ec589ac600-680x1020.jpeg

2015-10-10-11_51_04-1444492284.gif

Was he thinking of joining the crotch show? :banana: :rotfl:

No not like that. :laughing:

Darn! :headache: :rotfl:

Fun fact that demonstrates just how boring we really are:
We ate here at Blondie’s last year.
And we ordered the exact same sandwiches.
And we sat at the exact same table.

GIF-adventure.gif

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

I always have to stop for this photo opportunity!

24806185021_9d7426a319_b.jpg

Such a cool shot! :thumbsup2

As we moved on to the next area we came across something that I’m looking forward to...

24899529405_c21d6b0aee_b.jpg

King Kong construction!!

I'm so excited for this!! It should be open by Septemeber!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Gringotts boasts being one of the safest places in the wizarding world…
But they leave their gold out in a little shopping basket in the middle of the room. :rolleyes1

24271317674_c04f248be2_b.jpg

Well in their defence there is a little cage over the top of it so....:laughing:

As we walked down Diagon Alley I caught this on camera.

24603967530_803a5e8eff_b.jpg

Super cool! :thumbsup2

For now, we said goodbye to Diagon Alley.

24271289664_51e747ca16_b.jpg

See this would be so much more like London if they had more pigeons! :laughing:

tumblr_msx71fWJKP1rr883co1_250.gif

Men in Black: Alien Attack!

Oh, and when I say “a favourite”, I really mean it was the main source of tension in our relationship for several months following this trip.

What!? :eek: You guys? Be competitive over something??

iago-burn.gif

:rotfl2:

This was Jamie’s face as we were exiting.

24806030191_4e4c4203a4_b.jpg

Poor Jamie! :rotfl:

635704429842959743492557883_sore-loser.gif

Salazar Slytherin!!!!!
And the quiz we took last year had told him he’d be in Slytherin!!!

Did you see those Valentines day cards of Harry Potter? Even though I don't undertand most of HP they were funny! Such as:

tumblr_lpzuw4rbxx1qmxi74o1_500.gif

f0f6a2b1667674c038ab5c1574b08fa0.jpg

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

(How does he smell?
Terrible!!!!

I loathe myself for writing that.)

It's the Hufflepuff in you! ::yes::

Y4Cj_P8YjSIl.gif

(I don't know what any of that means! :rotfl:)

Then we went next door to ride The Simpsons!
I love this ride.

24271196484_ddb69d5206_b.jpg

Oh no! Not the Simpsons ride!! :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2:

i-could-vomit-just-looking-at-you.gif

We were NOT riding Rip Ride Rockit, if that’s what you thought.
Like I’ve said many times, I love proper coasters, but I cannot handle that vertical incline at the beginning, it feels so unsafe and it makes me really anxious and shaky for the rest of the ride and I just can’t enjoy it :sad2:

But it's the best!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

We always enjoy the quote,
“I would’ve enjoyed this interview a lot more if I had gotten my CUP OF COFFEE!!”
The Mummy returns was on TV the other day and Jamie just went,
“………CUP OF COFFEE!”
Anyone else would think he was insane, but we understand each other so it’s fine :hug:

tumblr_mpjy7iOToY1szsg8fo1_500.gif

This little ball of fluff is absolutely LOVING life!!

24272218583_90e76c381e_b.jpg

large.gif

I told Jamie to tell them his name was Hymie, but sadly he didn’t

:sad2: Not cool Hymie. Not cool.

tumblr_mkhrndcjVC1rqzk0mo1_500.gif

I found this funny looking guy in the gift shop.
He looks like E.T. and Quasimodo had a love child.

24272199053_a98a46baf8_b.jpg

He is adorable! :goodvibes

Oops I missed this message when I posted last!

Got it set to record :thumbsup2 February is turning into a good month! ;)

Yes I miss that advert too! Let's just watch it again now! ::yes::

Let's watch it again, and again, and again.. :lovestruc

To be honest I would do the same thing as the writers. Expect I would take Matt Bomer with me on that holiday! I'm sure his husband won't mind! :laughing: "Ooops! Sorry Matt I seem to have forgotten to pack any of your clothes! Oh well!" :banana::rotfl:

:banana::rotfl: Him and his husband and his little family are so precious. He posted an adorable picture of them all at Christmas on twitter :sad:

But Gaga was P-E-R-F-E-C-T! ::yes::

6358858252161360201980963456_=aaaaaa.gif

Ugh she really was. I even loved her with her bleached eyebrows, and that's saying something :laughing: :lovestruc

And Dandy got all man..dy! :rotfl:

tumblr_nyi7qmov6b1u5q3xuo1_500.gif

What a transformation!!! :scared1:

I just watched the episodes where they go to WDW and I think I know where my love of the GF first started! Judging by the trailers it should be just as cheesy as ever!! :rotfl:

I'm pretty sure the theme song is the same but I think it's now sung by Carly Rae Jepson!

I seriously cannot wait! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Omggg I didn't know it would be on UK netflix!!! I thought I was going to have to watch it somewhere dodgy, but it was advertised on my homepage the other day! Eeee!

WOW DJ looks great!! How have they all aged so well?!? And Kimmy is back! :laughing: AND STEVE. Omg my heart is so happy right now. And I like the sound of the new theme song, I was worried it would be changed completely but I like it! 4 days!!! :hyper:

I love the WDW episodes, they were the first ones I watched and what got me into it :lovestruc I wish the new castle show was Jesse and the Rippers :laughing:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I love Gaga but I still wish I was Michelle instead! :rotfl:

giphy.gif

I hope they do a second season of Fuller House and get Michelle back!! Pleeeease Mary Kate or Ashley, ONE of you has to be available for one tiny episode :teeth:

I still say this all the time! :rotfl2:

62e.png

Rahn Stap!! :rotfl:

I still say this too!!!!! If Jamie's getting right on my wick I'll tell him to stop, which usually ends up being "STAAHHP RAHHN!!" :rotfl:

Now THAT is what they should have as the new castle show! Magic Naveen and Friends! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Technically the Princess and the Frog is part of the new castle show... We just don't know in what capacity yet.. Keep your fingers crossed! #CrotchParty

Look!! Naveen was made for it! :worship:

hqdefault-jpg.152088

Oh my Jesus, WHO made this and why?! :laughing: This leaves very little to the imagination :rotfl:

Oh and Eric too! :faint:

princeericlittlemermaid-vi-jpg.152089

Eric IS Uncle Jesse!

Okay maybe they should call the show this:

tumblr_lhc9g9mB0l1qevf2o.jpg

Hey Disney you need help casting this Katie and I are free :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

You are outrageous :rotfl:

Great, I'm happy that you like it!
Since I came up with the winning name, will my first week's stay there be free? ;)

Well I don't know if I can offer the entire week free, considering you'd probably be my only customer :laughing: But how about a free fastpass or two?! :thumbsup2 :laughing:

So, you're saying you enjoyed being a breadhead!

Who wouldn't want Kona bread for a head?! :rotfl:

What a brilliant idea!! Funny because it is so smart and I don't think I'd have ever thought of that...

We didn't really know about it at first, but it's a really good option to keep in mind for your next trip! We've continued to use it back home since it's cheaper than taxis AND the service is much better. I don't know about in the US, but cabs here are notorious for driving ridiculously slow, and even taking you the longest route possible just to increase the cost, and they're rarely friendly either... We've had nothing but good experiences with Uber :goodvibes

I loved that ride...but then...Peoplemover is my fave lol...but yeah could do without the music.

We should take earplugs next time and it will be a much better experience :thumbsup2

What a great day so far...you had pretty good luck with the lineups too!

We did! This is why we visit in September/October, I couldn't imagine having to wait an hour for every attraction :sad2:
Thanks for reading!

Hey there! Im following over from @BibbitybobityLu's PTR! Im not all the way up to date yet but Im loving your TR. You and your boyfriend are so cute together! I just booked a trip for myself and my boyfriend at the end of September (its his first time!) and I know he will be just as in love with Buzz as your boyfriend! :rotfl2:

Cant wait to read more!

Hey Taylor! I see you're fairly new! :welcome: to the Dis! I'm glad you've stopped by :hug: And thank you! I've just seen in your signature you're staying at the Royal Pacific and Grand Floridian?! Amazing!!! Have you stayed before? We did the GF in 2014 and looooved it. And the Royal Pacific looks great too, I'd like to stay at Universal some time. So your boyfriend has a competitive streak too?! I just posted about the Men in Black Alien Attack game at Universal, which has a bit of a spoiler about how to beat him, if you like to annoy him like I do :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for reading!

This is seriously gorgeous! I can't wait to be there.

I'm excited for you! :hyper: Do you know which longhouse you're going to request?

That story seriously would have freaked me out. I would have been on the look out the entire trip.

Do you remember this thread?!

http://www.disboards.com/threads/snake-in-resort-room.2116495/

That fourth post down...

:scared: :scared: :scared:

Entire melons? Do they come with knives and scoops?

No idea!!! I'd have thought they'd cut it into slices for you when you buy it :confused3

Your report seriously has me considering a quick day trip to Universal in August. I think the boys would love this since they like Marvel. But isn't Marvel - like the Avengers- owned by Disney? :confused3

As your boys are getting older I'm sure they'd love it! Lots of big kid rides and entertainment :goodvibes I really didn't know much about the whole Marvel Disney/Universal thing, but I just read a pretty good article about it here, which makes it a bit easier to understand :goodvibes

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...-and-universals-messy-joint-custody-of-marvel

I love this photo. :goodvibes

Thank you!

So for some reason all my quotes didn't get copied over and I'm too lazy to go back. I know, I suck. :blush:

Oh that is fine, happened to me before and I did the same thing :thumbsup2

And all of the videos and pictures of the Animal actors stuff has me wishing my dog was smarter. :laughing: She's actually plenty smart, just not at all obedient.

Haha me too! Sounds like our dogs could be siblings :laughing:

Great pictures and stories as always, Katie. :goodvibes

Thanks for reading! :hug:

I love your trip report. I really need to take a day for Universal on my next trip. Thank you for posting pics of Disneyland Paris for all of us who may never see it in person.

Hey, thank you! Universal is definitely worth seeing, and depending on what time of year you go you can get a lot done in a day :goodvibes And no problem! I'm glad people seemed to enjoy the Disneyland Paris pictures. I hope you get to see it some day :goodvibes

Hey Katie! Yay more updates!:goodvibes

Hey girl!

That is great to hear that you and jamie were happy with the Uber car service to US! I would love to go see the Harry Potter stuff one day - it all looks so cool! When I do get to go, I will remember this tip to take Uber!

Uber is definitely one to remember! The shuttle you can book takes aaaaaages because it stops to pick up and drop off all over the place, and the regular taxis that took us straight there were really expensive :sad2: still, I'm glad it only took us two trips to find uber!

Great shot! That came out perfectly!:thumbsup2

Thank you!

This sounds like such a fun part of the ride! Love the concept.

Now you know how to win :rolleyes:

This show sounds cute. I've probably asked you this before, but have you and Jamie gone to Seaworld? They have a show that is just like "Animal Acotrs" and it is so cute! I love those types of shows. And I'm also a HUGE dog lover!!!:lovestruc

We haven't! I used to go when I came with my family but I don't think I've been since I was like 11. But if go we will definitely have to see that show! Thanks for the tip :goodvibes

Aw great ride! This is one of the only attractions I actually remember going on when I went to US when I was like 8:rotfl:

Me too! It's so nostalgic! I love the ET theme music that's playing through the ride :lovestruc

Thanks for reading friend! :hug:

Uber is definitely the best way to travel between WDW and Universal - glad you've jumped on the Uber bandwagon. I love it in Orlando particularly because I've found a lot of the drivers are actually WDW employees so you can have some really interesting chats in the cars!

It was perfect! So easy to book and pay and everything. I didn't know that a lot of CMs drive for uber! That's cool, I'd probably enjoy chatting with them. We didn't get any CMs, but our drivers were all really friendly and knowledgable about the area :goodvibes we loved it!

You need to be faster than that Dee Dee!! :laughing:

Oh my goodness! I haven't been to Universal in ages!!

Girrrrrl it's so good nowadays you need to get back there :thumbsup2

This makes me very sad because I LOVED the Back to the Future Ride! Taking a DeLorean back in time...super fun!

Me too, although I don't remember much of it. Thankfully they did a really good job when they changed it to The Simpsons, it's one of my favourites :goodvibes

The Mummy is amazing! In a way it has the elements of Everest, with going backwards and really feeling the G-Forces!

Yes! And those brakes that wind you :laughing: it's a lot of fun :goodvibes

Thanks for reading! :hug:

Oh my goodness! The Animal Actors looks like so much fun!

My DH was sitting on the couch beside me while I was giggling away at your TR! He gently patted me on the head and sighed.

:rotfl: I'm so glad I can make you look like a lunatic who needs to be patted patronisingly :laughing: But I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Or in England...or in a hurricane :rolleyes1

tumblr_lx6d14oxop1qbdq9so1_r1_500.gif

Meryl Streep is me in a Disney storm :laughing: It'll probably clear up in a few minutes... Let's GO GO GO! :thumbsup2

Was there now ;)
Sorry. :laughing:

Stahhhp Rahhn !!!

Boooo! :(

But I actually think I know what you mean and that would be a one way trip off the DIS! :rotfl:

Yes it drops a C-bomb so it is definitely not appropriate :laughing:

Poor Katie! Everyone's a critic! :sad2:

635838106393987863629839681_Cookinggif.gif

This is Jamie leering over me as I cook :laughing:

Those healthy snacks are great and everything but who they heck is going to buy a WHOLE melon???
"Gosh I'm rather peckish I wonder if Universal stocks any whole melons!" Who would do that? And what would you do with it if you didn't eat it all?? Put it in your locker? :laughing:

giphy.gif

Yeah, slices of melons are nice, but an entire melon to carry around with me?! :confused: Errrm no thanks. How do you open it?! Just smash it on the ground?! :laughing: I hope they offer to open it for you when you buy it ::yes::

The Seuss Trolley Train Ride needs to be at least.. three times bigger than this!!!

2015-10-10-11_51_04-1444492284.gif

Was he thinking of joining the crotch show? :banana: :rotfl:

Yes, now we have Prince Naveen and Borat lined up. :banana::banana:

I'm so excited for this!! It should be open by Septemeber!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

DID YOU JUST GIVE AWAY YOUR NEW SECRET PLAN?!?! ...Or are you just excited for me..?! :confused3

What!? :eek: You guys? Be competitive over something??

iago-burn.gif

Did you see those Valentines day cards of Harry Potter? Even though I don't undertand most of HP they were funny! Such as:

tumblr_lpzuw4rbxx1qmxi74o1_500.gif

f0f6a2b1667674c038ab5c1574b08fa0.jpg

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I didn't?! But I can imagine there were a few "wand" jokes?!

It's the Hufflepuff in you! ::yes::

Y4Cj_P8YjSIl.gif

(I don't know what any of that means! :rotfl:)

You are correct, it's a very Hufflepuff thing to write :rotfl:

I just read your entire report in one sitting. Awesome everything!!!!

Yay thank you!! I'm so glad you're enjoying it :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Five more days until Fuller House! :thumbsup2

Wooooo! Is the entire season coming out at once? I'll probably watch it all in one weekend :laughing: :hyper:

Day 3
Thursday 24th September 2015
Part 4 – Stormy Kingdom

We arrived back at the Poly a little before 5pm, and we had a couple of hours to spare before heading to Magic Kingdom!

24781145412_4a9f28f234_c.jpg

New view from the Poly lobby:

24270917214_cf28830720_b.jpg

We dropped our stuff at the room, and went straight to the lounge to get some food!
Omg, the offerings were so tasty today.
I had three chicken quesadillas that were SO good, I could’ve eaten way more.
I also had a spring roll, a bit of cheese, and a PB&J uncrustable.

24899054945_d1e93d9935_b.jpg

We took our nibbles back to the room and ate on the balcony.

24603564440_4fa6aae663_b.jpg

While I was obsessing over my mini quesadillas, I was completely oblivious to the deliciousness that was still to come…
THE UNCRUSTABLE.

24272149213_d42ecaf513_b.jpg

Oh my life, this was so amazing.
I make PB&J now and again at home, so I don’t know why this was so special.
BUT IT WAS.
One might call it “magical”.
And I am that one.
In fact, it was so magical, I had to go back for one more.
Just one. :rolleyes:

24872723596_0c39049bf9_b.jpg

:laughing:

I had no shame walking out of the lounge with these.
To be fair, I didn’t eat them all, I wrapped them up and hoarded them in the fridge :thumbsup2

Out on the balcony, Jamie put his legs up like this and asked,
“Is this too Br’er Bear-ish?”

24899017865_d006f9f3c6_b.jpg

latest

I told him “Of course not, I’ll join you!”
And we enjoyed another hour or so on the balcony.

24805637241_a7c73cbc2e_b.jpg

24603525520_4e98a0613b_b.jpg

24603521950_d505fe4fda_b.jpg

24898995675_eb9eefb905_b.jpg

24781064332_a3607f7af7_b.jpg

At 7pm we headed out to catch the monorail to spend the evening at the Magic Kingdom.
Of course, as soon as we left the shelter of our room, the grey skies came rolling back in!

24898981065_82c1416f0c_b.jpg

24781055102_b4957061b5_b.jpg

When we arrived, the combination of the storm and the sunset cast a weird orange glow on the Magic Kingdom.
You can kinda see it in this picture:

24805598041_3b0a3fc119_b.jpg

But you can really see it here!

24872664676_8aa345f102_b.jpg

Weird!

We were heading straight to our first fastpass at Splash Mountain, where else?!

24872659766_55d393d346_b.jpg

24805574081_6c6fa1d726_b.jpg

We were seated in the back which was good, I didn’t feel like getting soaked in the evening!

24531336969_287428064a_b.jpg

I don’t know what the heck this was supposed to be.

24603252740_2419c2a6b8_c.jpg

24805347951_3fd1be1ace.jpg

After the drop we realised it was raining! Nooo!
Oh well, we were stuck in a log so we had to embrace it.

We left Splash and as soon as I stepped outside I slipped so bad and ALMOST fell on my face…!!!
Luckily I didn’t actually fall down, but I must’ve looked like a cartoon.
My legs just shot out from underneath me :laughing:
I realised that flip-flops were a big mistake.

Now we had a fastpass to use at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!
However, Jamie sometimes likes to play tour guide, and he said, “I’ll take you there, follow me! It’s this way!”
Well, I let him guide me...
And we ended up doing a huge loop of New Fantasyland :headache: :laughing:
As you enter New Fantasyland 7DMT is literally right in front of you, you just veer slightly right.
Jamie went straight forward past it, and walked us all the way around the perimeter of 7DMT, 340 degrees clockwise, rather than 20 degrees anticlockwise :laughing:
We went up past Be Our Guest, past Journey of the Little Mermaid, past Storybook Circus, past the Mad Tea Party
, and past Winnie the Pooh in a full circle, before landing back at the entrance to 7DMT :rotfl:
Of course, I knew exactly how to get there, but I just humoured him :laughing:

The gloomy sky was making for some interesting pictures on the journey though!

24270794144_0f2a86aebe_b.jpg

24781009222_9084c6fda4_b.jpg

I like how this one came out.

24898929635_707c04a554_b.jpg

And this next shot is blurry but you can see how thick the clouds were compared to the sky underneath!

24272041493_938d03ecf4_b.jpg

Anyway, after our expedition through the rain to 7DMT, we went through the fastpass line...
And the ride broke down when we got to the front.

tumblr_inline_ng4x8k3ooh1t2q5c3.gif

We were given anytime return fastpasses, so we pocketed them for later on.

24781000392_a51fb43d12_b.jpg

Click for Day 3, Part 5!

Last edited:
Day 3
Thursday 24th September 2015
Part 5 – An evening of nighttime spectaculars.

We realised we were hungry, so I asked Jamie where we should eat, and he said,
“BroccoliVille!!!”

Aka, Columbia Harbour House :thumbsup2

Jamie loves broccoli, and I looove the chicken pot pie, so this place is always a hit with us.

We got our food and took it to the nice seating area upstairs.
But as we arrived we realised there was a child going absolutely NUCLEAR up there right in front of us, so we awkwardly made eye contact with the parents, and just turned around back down the stairs.

e3efae389bb7abb960c71267dd2de7a8.gif

I understand that kids cry, but oh boy! I’d rather not eat my dinner with that in my ear if I can help it!

We found a nice little nook and tucked in.
Here’s what we ate :lovestruc
I had the chicken pot pie (obv) and Jamie had chicken and fish.

24898919225_59ab327890_b.jpg

My meal was just $9.99, and Jamie’s was $10.59.
I think this is good value for money, and fairly healthy!

Jamie wolfed his meal down, he made such a mess of the table.

giphy.gif

He denied it was him, and tried to blame it on the people before us.
I examined the evidence, and concluded that the defendant was guilty.
Exhibit A: Broccoli.

24603432530_574405262b_b.jpg

We finished eating at 8:30pm, so we made our way to the hub.
We had a fastpass for Wishes!

As we set foot out into Liberty Square, we realised that the parade was just staring to pass!
Gahhhh!
We had to power-walk to Frontierland along the waterside walkway, and we just managed to cross in front of it at Splash Mountain.
Phew. What a detour.

We eventually made it to the hub grass, which is the new fastpass area.

24780984732_424f808432_b.jpg

It was lovely!
I'm only 5'5" so I really benefit from this fastpass, it's nice to not have anyone stood right in front of me.
And it was so empty and spacious.
No one was really on the grass because it had been raining, so most people were just stood or sat around the edge.

24872602476_235ba0467a_b.jpg

It was a busy evening on Main Street, so I was very thankful to be in our little garden!

24270756884_3dd074c74c_b.jpg

We had a very clear view of the castle.

24603415710_c465befb69_c.jpg

Soon, Celebrate the Magic started at about 8:45pm!

24805512401_7447de5e06_c.jpg

24603401300_0ef9e2f49e_b.jpg

“I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing, that it was all started by a mouse!”

24898869575_d9918cdc9f_b.jpg

“Let your dreams come truuuuue toniiiiight!

CELEBRATE THE MAAAGIIIIC!”

24271976463_61e174ba99_b.jpg

Yay!
The ending gives me goose bumps.
Although it was ruined momentarily by a man nearby who did the LOUDEST SNEEZE EVER.
Way to ruin the atmosphere buddy! :rotfl:
You can hear it at the 30 second mark in this clip:

"That scared me!"
It was still magical.

Soon after, Wishes began :lovestruc
Hello my old friend, how I have missed you.

24898854105_881315aaea_b.jpg

24271964893_262f5973bb_b.jpg

24780924182_4f4305cb9d_c.jpg

24270700554_abfaed33df_b.jpg

24780916412_10ab031c70_b.jpg

I love Wishes :lovestruc:sad::lovestruc
And I loved watching it from the hub grass!

The show ended at around 9:20pm, and Main Street and the surrounding area was crowded with people moving towards the exit.
Maybe they didn’t know…
The park was open until 10pm!
WOO.

We fought against the sea of people and made our way back to 7DMT to use our anytime return fastpass from earlier :thumbsup2

Off to work we went.

24872530746_513bf6f6da_b.jpg

Memory Maker now gives you these fun little videos at a couple of rides!

24872467646_8705bd1496_c.jpg

24531172779_accde568d4_b.jpg

The first time I ever rode 7DMT was during the day last year, and I thought it was cute, but nothing life changing.
But riding at night is a totally different experience!
It seems faster and more thrilling and exciting.
Mucho gusto.

We left the Mine Train at 9:30pm and the park was basically empty!
Jamie wanted a game of Buzz before we left…
AND I WON.

24872522376_f5beb676a0_b.jpg

24780897892_20ce9b01a1_b.jpg

But obviously, Jamie cannot sleep peacefully unless he wins, so we rode again, just so he could prove a point.

24872426696_c4d8279306_b.jpg

24872514856_94323c37b6_b.jpg

Ding dang!

We headed home after Buzz.

24531140659_741aa8ab24_c.jpg

But as we got to Town Square, the Electrical Parade was starting!
I swear it was following us.
We watched the first few floats come by.

24805439731_a6e05499f6_b.jpg

24531200449_e535593665_b.jpg

24271915253_ee78fc02c6_b.jpg

But ultimately we were exhausted and we wanted to beat the monorail rush, so we left singing the tune to the parade.

On the monorail Jamie said he needed some extra sleep after 3 very busy days.
I agreed with him, but unfortunately I had a 9-10am fastpass at Kilimanjaro Safari!

But fear not!!!
I was able to swap it to a 1:50-2:50pm fastpass on my phone right there and then!
Apparently even the monorails have wifi?!

Now we could sleep in, as our first fastpass didn’t expire until 12pm :worship:
We arrived back at the Polynesian and had some of our Mickey treats with milk.

24271908793_c5f8f47317_b.jpg

Like I said before, they may not look as impressive only half covered, but we both preferred them like this.
The rice crispy stands out a lot more, whereas it used to get lost in all of the chocolate.
Still, I think you should have the option to pay a little more for full coverage maybe.
But if you’re a Mickey treat fan, don’t be disheartened!
They’re still really good :thumbsup2

24805414251_c23d4093db_b.jpg

I ate about an ears-worth then had to call it a day.
I was practically falling asleep mid-mouthful.
Thank goodness we could sleep in tomorrow!
Goodnight Disney!

tumblr_m5fkcheBEy1qe6y6y.gif

Click for Day 4, Part 1!

Last edited:
Haha- glad to hear someone else is as obsessed with the uncrustables at the Poly lounge as we are!! Ever since our stay there, years ago, we MUST order some from Garden Grocer wherever we are staying!!

Well I don't know if I can offer the entire week free, considering you'd probably be my only customer :laughing: But how about a free fastpass or two?! :thumbsup2 :laughing:

LOL, what types of attractions will you have in the United Kingdom Lodge, that will require a fastpass?

Is the entire season coming out at once? I'll probably watch it all in one weekend :laughing: :hyper:
13 episodes will be out on Feb. 26 (or in British, that would be 26 Feb.) I'm going to try not to watch it all at once. But maybe two episodes at a time.

You got some great evening photos! I've only been on Mine Train once and it was at night. I loved it! I will have to get a fast pass for Wishes during my next trip - it looks very nice and relaxing compared to being smooshed in with the crowds!

Loving your TR and photos!! I have to say...uncrustables are the BEST!!! I also love the PB&J from Starbucks...:) Just BTW :) You had the best spot for Wishes...obviously worth using a FP+ for...but I guess only if you had lots of other chances to use them on rides as well..

We dropped our stuff at the room, and went straight to the lounge to get some food!
Omg, the offerings were so tasty today.
I had three chicken quesadillas that were SO good, I could’ve eaten way more.
I also had a spring roll, a bit of cheese, and a PB&J uncrustable.

24899054945_d1e93d9935_b.jpg
YUM! That sounds good!! Sounds like you and Jamie were getting some good luck with the offerings at CL!
I make PB&J now and again at home, so I don’t know why this was so special.
BUT IT WAS.
You know, I have heard good things about the Uncrustables before, but have never tried one! They look very good for a PB&J.
In fact, it was so magical, I had to go back for one more.
Just one. :rolleyes:

24872723596_0c39049bf9_b.jpg
:rotfl2:Good for you for stealing all the uncrustables! :rotfl2::thumbsup2
And we enjoyed another hour or so on the balcony.

24805637241_a7c73cbc2e_b.jpg
Katie Disney should pay you for this picture, they could so use it as an advertisement! It looks so cool!

Thats a keeper!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

However, Jamie sometimes likes to play tour guide, and he said, “I’ll take you there, follow me! It’s this way!”
:rotfl2:That's cute he wanted to be a tour guide! At least you got some nice shots!!
I like how this one came out.

24898929635_707c04a554_b.jpg
So cool! Can we imagine it's Ursula coming to haunt Prince Eric's castle?!:rotfl::scared1:
The first time I ever rode 7DMT was during the day last year, and I thought it was cute, but nothing life changing.
But riding at night is a totally different experience!
It seems faster and more thrilling and exciting.
Mucho gusto.
You know what, I heave heard this from a lot of people. I will have to ride SDMT at night this summer! :thumbsup2
We headed home after Buzz.

24531140659_741aa8ab24_c.jpg
Great picture after a great night! Also I love the shorts - so cute!:goodvibes

Oh! And your pictures from wishes look great - always a magical sight to see!:lovestruc

Be still my heart-----David Tennant!!!

I think the Mickey rice krispie treats look better without it all covered. Before there was just too much chocolate!

Love the kitty meme at the end.

Ok, wow. A bachelorette party at Disney sounds GREAT. Will you be there during Food & Wine? Even better!

Yes, we will be there during Food & Wine! Plus we are doing a Halloween party so... suuuuuuper excited!!

You can be Galactic Hero too! Believe in your dreams :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for the support!! I won't give up.:thumbsup2

Haha, this is my life too!!!! At least they're nice enough to come to Disney with us in the first place, we should count ourselves lucky I suppose :goodvibes

Very true! This was Duane's first time and I was sooo nervous that he wouldn't love it because how horrible if he didn't?! I mean, we would still be going but I would have a grump on my hands.:rotfl:

(I feel like Jamie and I could be you and your fiance in an alternate universe.. :laughing:

I think you're right!! Only you guys are from England so clearly the much cooler version.:cool2:

It was another beautiful day here at the Polynesian, but those dark clouds were back over the Magic Kingdom!

24271714364_6f0fe3a7b3_b.jpg

Whaaaaat is happening with this view?!:love:

We finally made it to Jurassic Park, and even though we didn’t feel like getting soaked on the water ride, I just love being in this area so much.
The music loop gets me really excited, gahhh I love Jurassic Park so much.

I looooooove Jurassic Park!! I feel like I would consider going to Universal merely to ride this ride. Duane really wants to go and I kind of do as well, but I'm kind of a roller coaster wussy and I'm nervous that there wouldn't be enough for me to ride there! Maybe our next longer trip though. The Harry Potter area looks amazing!!

In fact, everyone in the car can get the bonus, if you all press AND HOLD the button at the same time, on the word “push”…
But if you button-bash like I enjoy doing, as long as you hit it first and at the right time, you’re the only one that gets the points…
Wow, I’m such a jerk.

Don't be ashamed, I would do the same thing. Every man for himself in these situations!!:laughing:

Jamie and I are both huge animal lovers, particularly dogs, so this is right up our alley!

Puppies!!! We are puppy fanatics. We have two crazy cute boys and we're a liiiiittle obsessed.

We were heading straight to our first fastpass at Splash Mountain, where else?!

This is Duane's favorite ride and probably the main reason he now loves Disney!! We probably rode it six times during our week long trip in October. :thumbsup2

“I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing, that it was all started by a mouse!”

I loooooooove this part!! And the Tangled floating lanterns on the castle. I tear up eeeeveryyy time. No judgments please.:confused3

“Let your dreams come truuuuue toniiiiight!

CELEBRATE THE MAAAGIIIIC!”

Aaaaand now I'm singing this song!! Thanks for sharing... fun update!!:wave:

I was so glad to be back.
I love Universal!
(I know… THE BLASPHEMY.)

I haven't been to universal since I was about 8. From the looks of your pictures A LOT has changed!

Gahhh I love those films so much.
I remember riding the ride as a kid, before The Simpsons took over.
Back to the Future was my first Universal ride ever!

A little eerie but looks good with the Halloween decor!

Bahahaha. I have been known to do this myself.

Let's watch it again, and again, and again.. :lovestruc

...and again and again and again!

Omggg I didn't know it would be on UK netflix!!! I thought I was going to have to watch it somewhere dodgy, but it was advertised on my homepage the other day! Eeee!

WOW DJ looks great!! How have they all aged so well?!? And Kimmy is back! :laughing: AND STEVE. Omg my heart is so happy right now. And I like the sound of the new theme song, I was worried it would be changed completely but I like it! 4 days!!! :hyper:

I love the WDW episodes, they were the first ones I watched and what got me into it :lovestruc I wish the new castle show was Jesse and the Rippers :laughing:

It's Fuller House Eve eve! :hyper: It's like Christmas!! :rotfl: It could have been totally perfect if Michelle was back! :sad:

giphy.gif

I'm totally going to binge watch them! Then I will get super upset that it's over! :rotfl2:

I hope they do a second season of Fuller House and get Michelle back!! Pleeeease Mary Kate or Ashley, ONE of you has to be available for one tiny episode :teeth:

Really they don't both need to share the role anymore! Just pick one and commmmeeee baaacckkkk!! :laughing:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-29221-1382377518-23.gif

Or they could always get Elizabeth Olsen to play Michelle who has aged verrry well! :lmao:I'm sure no one would know any different! :laughing:

tumblr_ltyw4i1Ghn1qbabvao4_r1_250.gif

Oh my Jesus, WHO made this and why?! :laughing: This leaves very little to the imagination :rotfl:

I don't know who or why but I'm glad they did! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2: There are actually more and some are even beyond what I would post! :earseek:Namely Prince Edward from Enchanted :rolleyes1 And Gaston is rather..ehem...well endowed! :banana::rotfl:

Eric IS Uncle Jesse!

::yes::

You are outrageous :rotfl:

635403726028338818thatsme.gif

DID YOU JUST GIVE AWAY YOUR NEW SECRET PLAN?!?! ...Or are you just excited for me..?! :confused3

Errr...I'm just excited for you? :rolleyes1

I didn't?! But I can imagine there were a few "wand" jokes?!

Oh yes! ::yes:: And many about moaning Myrtle! :rotfl:

Out on the balcony, Jamie put his legs up like this and asked,
“Is this too Br’er Bear-ish?”

24899017865_d006f9f3c6_b.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: Twinning!

Urg! This photo is perfect! :beach:

It's so Halloweeny!

24805347951_3fd1be1ace.jpg

I hope you framed this! :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

As you enter New Fantasyland 7DMT is literally right in front of you, you just veer slightly right.
Jamie went straight forward past it, and walked us all the way around the perimeter of 7DMT, 340 degrees clockwise, rather than 20 degrees anticlockwise :laughing:
We went up past Be Our Guest, past Journey of the Little Mermaid, past Storybook Circus, past the Mad Tea Party, and past Winnie the Pooh in a full circle, before landing back at the entrance to 7DMT :rotfl:

Bhahahah! Men and directions! :rotfl:

Oooooooooooooo! So artsy! :artist:

We got our food and took it to the nice seating area upstairs.
But as we arrived we realised there was a child going absolutely NUCLEAR up there right in front of us, so we just awkwardly turned around back down the stairs.

e3efae389bb7abb960c71267dd2de7a8.gif

I understand that kids cry, but oh boy! I’d rather not eat my dinner with that in my ear if I can help it!

tumblr_inline_n0cdu6ZCic1rw2kb9.gif

We eventually made it to the hub grass, which is the new fastpass area.

24780984732_424f808432_b.jpg

It was lovely!
I'm only 5'5" so I really benefit from this fastpass, it's nice to not have anyone stood right in front of me.
And it was so empty and spacious.

I looked like it was such a good spot for it! Super bummer that FP for Wishes is stopping! :sad2:

Yay!
The ending gives me goose bumps.
Although it was ruined momentarily by a man nearby who did the LOUDEST SNEEZE EVER.
Way to ruin the atmosphere buddy! :rotfl:
You can hear it at the 30 second mark in this clip:

"That scared me!"
It was still magical.

tumblr_kvn7zhUIWa1qzoi65.gif

Oh Katie! You are so adorable! :rotfl:You scare so easily! :laughing:

Baby_d5c3f4_2167043.gif

I love Wishes :lovestruc:sad::lovestruc

::yes:: :sad: ::yes::

AND I WON.

24872522376_f5beb676a0_b.jpg

24780897892_20ce9b01a1_b.jpg

party:

But obviously, Jamie cannot sleep peacefully unless he wins, so we rode again, just so he could prove a point.

He just can't cope with losing can he! :rotfl:Monopoly must be realllly fun in your house! :lmao:

competitive.gif

So presh! :goodvibes But there is a ghost beside you! :hmghost: :scared1: :rotfl:What happend to the guy in the red shirt?! :laughing:

I love your whole TR, but that broccoli picture (Exhibit A!) made me laugh out loud. Thanks for the chuckle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter