Everything You Do, CELEBRATE YOU! - Polynesian - Club Level - TPV

Day 2
Tuesday 15th September 2015
Part 3 – An afternoon at Walt Disney Studios

WALT DISNEY STUDIOS!

The Walt Disney Studios park is about a 3 minute walk away from Disneyland park, which is super handy.

22746508770_f56cd8d358_b.jpg

This park has some of the same attractions as Hollywood Studios (it’s DHS’s “sister park”), however the theming here is a little muddled.
It’s supposedly “dedicated to show business, themed after movies, production, and behind-the-scenes.”
But there isn’t really much rhyme or reason as to why everything is where it is, it’s just generally a bit odd.
But they have some great attractions!

Unfortunately, arguably the best ride in the park, Crush’s Coaster, was down for refurb during our whole trip!
This ride is based on the E.A.C. scene from Finding Nemo, and has a spinning vehicle, kinda like Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom.
However it’s in the dark.
And super fun.
And doesn’t make you fear for your life.
(Apart from the GIANT great white shark that jumps out at the side of you with strobe lighting… I literally cried the first time I rode it. Now I close my eyes for that whole part.)
(I am deathly afraid of sharks.)

So yeah, sadly the park was a little weak without Crush’s Coaster, but we still had fun.

You enter through Disney Studio 1, which is a “covered walkway with shops and restaurants themed after a soundstage with a recreation of a Hollywood street inside.”

22516221088_c30e2b1b5c_b.jpg

22945654851_37c6840cac_b.jpg

It was around 11am, so we stopped in Studio 1 for a drink.

22908529556_1b627590f2_c.jpg

I had a hot chocolate and omg, it was SO sweet, and absolutely disgusting, but I loved it because I have so many great memories involving them. :laughing:

(As I said before, I last came to DLP with three of my best friends in December 2013, and it was SO COLD, so we stopped for loads of hot chocolates/coffees, and they all tasted revolting, but I don’t know, we just always found it hilarious how gross they were. This makes no sense. Moving on.)

A not-so-fun-but-Katie-thinks-it’s-fun fact about Disneyland Paris is that the Partners statue is not in front of the castle. Instead, it’s here at the entrance to the studios park!

22516141807_a6ba651ae8_c.jpg

22945639991_6afc548542_b.jpg

YAY.

Our first destination in the Studios was of course, Tower of Terror!

22945633921_07041e68ac_c.jpg

22542346129_6c0f6a2db1_b.jpg

22313334673_044ed98ef5_c.jpg

The right library shows the pre-show video in French and the left library shows the original English version.
We got the French one, of course… :laughing:

I haven’t been scared of this ride since I was about 7 years old, but this all changed today.
During the video a bellhop came and stood behind me, then stuck his face forward right next to mine and SCARED THE BEJESUS OUT OF ME.
I definitely made some kind of noise and everybody probably thought I was a total weirdo who was scared of the video.
He left and I continued to watch the video, then towards the end he came back behind me and leaned forward to whisper in my ear,
“it’s waiting for you…”
Which ALSO made me jump out of my skin!!!!

DLPs bellhop CMs are SO good.

22311754204_864fd7530f_b.jpg

Tower of Terror is one of my favourites so I was super excited to ride for the first time in a year, but unfortunately it was RUINED by someone in another elevator, who was taking FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY.

:furious:

So the CMs had to turn off the ride’s audio to make an announcement for them to stop, but then the audio never came back on again.
Bleh.
Oh well.
We had plenty of time to ride again.

We had a quick browse of the gift shop and I found the greatest hat ever.

Not because it’s Dr. Facillier..

22934468555_0bd37c3e59_b.jpg

(Dear Lord I look so tired.)

…BUT…

22311584434_2dbec9e07d_b.jpg

RAY!!!!!

Ray is my number 1 favourite Disney character ever!!!
How amazingly adorable is this!?

I wish so much that I’d just sucked up the price and bought this hat, just so I could unstitch Ray and have him as a little cuddle-bug eeeeeee.
I love him so much.
I have so much non-purchase regret from this trip.
This was my number 1 “should have bought”.

:sad2:

It was about 12:30pm now and we were ready for some lunch.
We walked around to Rock n Roller Coaster and went into the counter service restaurant opposite called Blockbuster Cafe.

I had the same chicken caesar wrap as yesterday, it was goooood.

22313322443_c572fb87ba_b.jpg

James and Hannah both got the same as yesterday too (croque monsieur and veggie flatbread respectively), and Dad had a pasta gratin.
Like I said before, the options are fairly tasty, but limited.

22313319193_c3a73bb8b1_b.jpg

This restaurant was also themed like a pirate ship!
(As was our restaurant on travel day.)
Although this one was clearly much less subtle and elegant…

22746451650_a3a8069eed_b.jpg

Of course, the obvious thing to do after you’ve eaten lunch is ride Rock n Roller Coaster, so that’s what we did.

Here’s a different take on the exterior of the ride!

22542317809_10076d8206_b.jpg

The first part of the queue is a bit different.

22311732554_5940e24cbc_b.jpg

But once you get to the preshow and beyond it’s pretty much a carbon copy of the one at Hollywood Studios.

James and I were sat right in the back!
So it was a great ride through.
We also got my favourite music loop!
(Love in an Elevator and Walk This Way.)
Success!

After Rock n Roller we were heading to something new that I had been looking forward to for ages…

The new Ratatouille area and ride!!!!!!!!

The area opened in July 2014 so none of us had seen it yet, I was really excited.

And OMG,

IT. IS. PERFECT.

22632644454_4562cc2a7f_b.jpg

22934444615_d371c8d937_c.jpg

22908467136_0b407b6a24_b.jpg

This is the most adorable little french square, which plays the most adorable little french music loop, gahhh, I was in love as soon as I set foot in this place.

I was cooing over every little thing, and at one point I exclaimed,
“It’s so FRENCH.”
To which James responded,
“Yeah.. It’s almost as if we’re in France!”

:laughing:

It was about 2pm and there were no fastpasses left for the ride, so we joined the 25-minute standby line.

(Dad and Hannah being cute.)

22313293273_7d0fd462b4_b.jpg

The line is actually a lot of fun once you get inside.
It’s themed as though you’re rat-sized, and you’re on the rooftops in Paris!

22908457816_5438c116dd_b.jpg

(This video is of the same sign that you can see in the photo above.)

Don’t forget your 3D glasses!
(And don't mess with us...)

22964973850_d6defbd8c6_b.jpg

You guys, I can’t even describe this ride to you.
It is perfection, they did SUCH a good job with it.

It’s described as “a motion-based trackless 3D dark ride”, but I have no idea how it works.
You ride through the building, but there are no tracks?! You just glide across a smooth, polished floor in a little ratmobile??!?!
It’s insane.

Anyway, think of the layout as similar to Harry Potter’s Escape From Gringotts ride at Universal Studios. You’re moving through the building, but you often stop in front of huge 3D screens that tell the story.
(And, between 3D screens, there are HUGE props of different food items such as giant fruits and fish!)
Basically, it’s as though you’re a rat being chased through Gusteau’s restaurant and kitchen!
It involves heat, water splashes, and smells too!
It’s relatively tame, most of the thrills come from the combined effects of the 3D, the special effects and the movement.

Here’s some footage I got!
(Remember, it’s 3D, hence the blurry videos.)

I know that videos don’t do justice to rides like this, but believe me when I say, this was one of the highlights of the trip for me!

I am completely obsessed with this ride.

LOVE LOVE LOVE.

When you exit the ride you walk past big floor-to-ceiling windows looking into Bistrot Chez Remy, which has the most adorable theming!
In the picture below, notice that you’re still rat sized! So the chairs are made from Champagne lids! The ceiling is covered in leaves and fairy lights, and there are cocktail umbrellas with additional lighting!
Plus SO much more that you can’t see in this shot! It looks awesome.
Hopefully I’ll get to eat there next time.

22516068007_66dd45f0db_c.jpg

We wanted to ride again but the line had gotten much longer. One thing I haven’t mentioned yet is that with our hotel package, we got one complimentary EXTRA fastpass per person per day.
This can be used anywhere, just not between 1pm and 4pm (I think).
So we decided to come back at 4pm to ride Ratatouille again!

We took some time to look around the gift shop and the square itself.
The details here are incredible, they really went the extra mile.

22311702694_b236407b4c_c.jpg

22542278679_f3dc6a7dcc_c.jpg

22746404120_148df8a618_c.jpg

It was only 2:45pm so we had over an hour to wait.
So we went to…

THE BACKLOT TOUR.

22516050887_86079a3e43_b.jpg

:lovestruc

If you read my last trip report you might know how much I love the backlot tour (I know, I’m weird.)
I’m so sad they’ve closed it at Hollywood Studios, so I was really excited to ride it here in Paris!

It’s pretty similar to DHS’s, but you get straight on the tram, so cut out that whole water tank scene and the prop room at the beginning.
Also here you don’t drive past the costume building, which was my favourite part of DHS’s.
Oh well.
I still really enjoy it.

This scene is exactly the same, as you can see!

22516045617_6d8dc55f0a_b.jpg

There’s also an extra scene that DHS didn’t have. It’s supposed to be a dragon loose in London!

22908421806_30a0de6761_b.jpg

22311675964_1fe4b5a0be_b.jpg

I’m so so happy this is still open.
The WDW one was my favourite, but it’s really nice to be able to relive aspects of it here in Paris.
If they ever close this one I will be SAD.

When we got off it was still only 3:10pm, so we decided to see Armageddon – Les Effets Speciaux.

22945534031_36e38ea176_b.jpg

This is a special effects show where you stand in the Space Station’s main deck, and witness a whole bunch of dysfunctions occurring all around you due to the nearby meteorite rain.
It’s pretty intense.

(SPOILER ALERT!)
The lights flicker, gas and fire bursts into the cabin, the ceiling caves in and the floor drops and shakes (which you’re all standing on freely).
Eventually the meteor hits, and there’s a huge explosion in the centre of the room, and all the lights go out.
You stand there in darkness for a second, until the guy yells “CUT!” and the lights come back on.

I like it OK.
It’s really fun to do with a first timer who doesn’t know what to expect, and the floor starts crumbling beneath them :laughing:
But there was a stupidly long wait outside, and even when we finally got in to the building, we had to watch a 10-minute long french preshow video, all cramped in and standing, so I couldn’t even see the subtitles screen.
I like this attraction, but only if I can walk straight into the preshow room.
I don’t know, it’s good, but not a 30+ minute wait good.

At least with the long wait, we could head straight back to Ratatouille!!!!

YAY!

22920974762_d9dc0a58d3_b.jpg

Amazing amazing amazing.

:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

Click for Day 2, Part 4!

Last edited:
Day 2
Tuesday 15th September 2015
Part 4 – Disney Dreams > bread pudding.

After our second ride on Ratatouille we went back to the hotel, and I napped HARD!

22908404526_e72a3b15ac_b.jpg

I slept from 5:15pm to 7:15pm, which is really weird for me because I don’t usually fall asleep if other people are chatting around me.
I must’ve been exhausted!!
The fam left me at some point to go get a drink from Café Fantasia again.

I woke up to them coming back from the lounge, and I felt much better!
Naps give me so much life.
We decided to go get some dinner at...
(Remember that they close most of the restaurants for dinner during the quiet season.)

PLANET HOLLYWOOD!

:rotfl:

22516084138_120cec8c42_b.jpg

We actually chose to eat here because they do an AMAZING white chocolate bread pudding for dessert, which we’ve remembered for years because it’s AMAZING.

We enjoyed this little placemat of entertainment.

22908396906_c59db24438_b.jpg

I had spaghetti bolognaise, and it was alright.
When I’ve been asleep I only like to eat simple, basic meals, so I did actually enjoy it.
But if I came in here RAVENOUS after a long day at the parks and ordered this then I think I’d be disappointed.
Mehh, I knew the entrees weren’t going to be great.

22516076428_c8be09443a_b.jpg

Dad had ribs which looked good though, and he really enjoyed them.

22313218913_da063358dc_b.jpg

We finished up our entrees and I was SO ready for my bread pudding..
But then we realised…
It’s 8:45pm…
DISNEY DREAMS STARTS AT 9PM!!
We all unanimously agreed that seeing Disney Dreams was more important!
GO GO GO!

(We decided to come back earlier tomorrow for our bread pudding :thumbsup2)

Back to Disneyland!

22945505791_3874fd9765_c.jpg

In the picture below you can see the Mickey flowerbed in front of the hotel :goodvibes

22311637944_342924676f_b.jpg

WE’RE BACK, YAY.

22908375806_4273b4843e_b.jpg

Since we were late into the park we weren’t hopeful that we’d get a good view, but we actually got a pretty good one near the end of Main Street.

(I’m going to include all videos again because I want you all to feel pressured to watch them...
IT'S SO GOOD :thumbsup2)

22945493391_d11ef2b5ed_b.jpg

22515988547_0f78f7852c_b.jpg

22920926512_dfc7c23493_b.jpg

Amazing amazing amazing.
Disney Dreams and Ratatouille are definitely two of my top three highlights for this trip.
A perfect evening would be riding Ratatouille, then going straight over to the other park to watch Disney Dreams.
… Unless we can find a nice dinner to complete the top three highlights, and thus complete the ULTIMATE perfect DLP night…….
You’ll have to wait and see... :thumbsup2

After the show I wanted to get a shot of Space Mountain all lit up.
Doesn’t it look awesome.

22746321170_b2425109a4_b.jpg

22746318970_831a83ba83_c.jpg

The park closes right after Disney Dreams so we walked through the Discovery Arcade to exit the park.
(There’s also an arcade along the other side of Main Street, called Liberty Arcade I think. These are handy for shopping while it’s raining!)

22945469781_d3d7637ba1_c.jpg

22311606234_f0555ff32e_b.jpg

We decided to walk back to the Disney Village to look in the World of Disney store.
Oh, and so did everyone and their Mother.
I guess post-fireworks is a popular shopping time!
It was so busy :crazy2:

22515958807_db46b616a3_b.jpg

22908336716_ccd26f6d8d_c.jpg

22542171319_08846333d2_b.jpg

HOW GREAT IS THIS TRAIN SET.
I could perform my very own Magic Kingdom welcome show whenever I want. :laughing:

22945450741_b96c6e9d8d_b.jpg

I bought a postcard for my friends Bill and Mandy (the couple who sent me the Splash Mountain plushes!! Click here to read about it!) and another postcard for their Grandchildren, who are visiting DLP next year!

Then we walked across to another Disney Store, but we quickly realised we were all tired, so we dragged ourselves away from the fun and back to the room like the responsible adults that we are.

Up next: The rainiest day in Disney history!

Click for Day 3, Part 1!

Last edited:
Every day on our trip, the Disneyland park had Extra Magic Hours from 8am-10am.
Nice! Every day!

And ours was complimentary from this fine establishment!

Why? Part of a hotel package?

Plus, this was the view from our table!

Whoa. You can't get much better than that for a view!

Yum! Nothing beats a cooked breakfast.

While I agree wholeheartedly... Not a fan of baked beans.
The rest looks delish, though.

Rainy morning!

And yet it doesn't look like it's raining when you took the picture.
Or was it still, a bit?

And it has a water fall!

We decided to walk through the castle, because WE CAN.

Well, sure!

Anyway, our first stop in Fantasyland was Peter Pan!

It was 9am so we were well into extra magic hours, but we still walked straight on!
WHAT.

What???? How???

Of course, I wouldn’t be a true Disney fan/Disney photographer if I didn’t come out with an artistic Peter Pan photo.

Very artistic. I love you're use of space and colour.
Inspiring and impressive.

After our trip to Neverland we decided to stay out among the stars and FIGHT EMPEROR ZURG.

Naturally.... :sad2:

And I reclaimed my crown from James.
AND THAT’S ALL THAT REALLY MATTERS.

:laughing: Yeah! You go girl!

Ok it’s not that long.
But it’s pretty long.

Thanks for clearing that up so well.

(Peter Pan is intergalactic, please don’t question it. :laughing:)

Uh.... Sure! Of course!

(What?)

First we came to the Alice in Wonderland themed maze, called Alice’s Curious Labyrinth.
AKA. The most difficult maze in the entire world.

Interesting. I'd like to try it.... or not.

so it’s really embarrassing when 5 year old kids are looking out from the top of the castle and judging you because you’re lost and having a mental breakdown in the bushes.

:lmao: I can so see you doing that!

James’ facial expression is clearly that of maze-related childhood trauma.

But you look pretty pleased with yourself on your throne.

Hannah decided to sit this one out, and I don’t blame her!
On two separate occasions I’ve witnessed people puking in the bushes outside WDW’s Mad Tea Party :rotfl:

And those are the lucky ones.
Nope. I'll pass.
(And yes... I was fine when I rode with Kay... but I do not wish to push my luck!)

I spotted THESE precious critters walking around on their own!!!
(Not even with character attendants, they legit looked like tourists wandering through Fantasyland :laughing:)

::yes:: And that's the way I wish it still was.
And yes I get that they'd be mobbed in the US.
But still...

we went back for another game of Buzz.
Because, you know.

:sad2: It really is a sickness with you, isn't it.

(The key to learning French is to just read backwards :thumbsup2)

After all these years... I never once thought of that.

Magic formula the say!

It worked!

Uh...

I found this HILARIOUS at the time. I even dragged everyone back to look at Aladdin’s face.
He reminds me of the “you don’t say” meme :laughing:

And, OMG, the herd mentality is SO real with this one.

SO. MANY. PEOPLE. All join one queue, leaving the other one completely empty.

It is hilarious.

I actually love the herd mentality. It means I can have an advantage.
I always tell the DDs "Don't be a sheep."
There are two turning lanes at an intersection.
The right lane lets you access one of the bigger malls in town.
Both lanes will also let you continue on the street.
I always take the left lane.
"Watch this." I tell the kids.
A few cars make it through on the left turn signal.
I then change lanes when it's safe and enter the mall parking lot.

While dozens of cars wait in the right turn lane for the next light.

Why????

I'll tell you why.
"Baaaaaa!!!"
That's why.

When I say this is a rickety roller coaster, I’m talking “coming off the ride with concussion” level rickety.

Subtle.

WELL, THIS VIDEO FOOTAGE SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.

NO IT DOES NOT! Because I'm at work and have to wait until I'm home to see it!

The Walt Disney Studios park is about a 3 minute walk away from Disneyland park, which is super handy.

Sweet!

It’s supposedly “dedicated to show business, themed after movies, production, and behind-the-scenes.”
But there isn’t really much rhyme or reason as to why everything is where it is, it’s just generally a bit odd.

Huh. Weird.

Unfortunately, arguably the best ride in the park, Crush’s Coaster, was down for refurb during our whole trip!
This ride is based on the E.A.C. scene from Finding Nemo, and has a spinning vehicle, kinda like Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom.
And super fun.
And doesn’t make you fear for your life.

Sounds like a blast!

(Apart from the GIANT great white shark that jumps out at the side of you with strobe lighting… I literally cried the first time I rode it. Now I close my eyes for that whole part.)
(I am deathly afraid of sharks.)

Or... not.

You're killing me here, you know.

I had a hot chocolate and omg, it was SO sweet, and absolutely disgusting, but I loved it

Now that makes perfect sense! :laughing:

A not-so-fun-but-Katie-thinks-it’s-fun fact about Disneyland Paris is that the Partners statue is not in front of the castle. Instead, it’s here at the entrance to the studios park!

He's pointing to the spot where he really should be.

Our first destination in the Studios was of course, Tower of Terror!

Of course!

We got the French one, of course… :laughing:

:laughing: How was hearing Rod Serling in french?

During the video a bellhop came and stood behind me, then stuck his face forward right next to mine and SCARED THE BEJESUS OUT OF ME.

:lmao:

but unfortunately it was RUINED by someone in another elevator, who was taking FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY.

Grrr..... idiots!

(Dear Lord I look so tired.)

Nah. Cute as a button.

Ray is my number 1 favourite Disney character ever!!!
How amazingly adorable is this!?

Um.... Well..... Oh... I'm just going to say it.

I have not seen that movie.

So.... you'll be going back, when?

I had the same chicken caesar wrap as yesterday

Of course. There's only 5 things on the menu. You have to.

James and Hannah both got the same as yesterday too (croque monsieur and veggie flatbread respectively)

See?

Of course, the obvious thing to do after you’ve eaten lunch is ride Rock n Roller Coaster

You can never go wrong riding RNRC.

We also got my favourite music loop!
(Love in an Elevator and Walk This Way.)
Success!

::yes::
rocking-banana-smiley-emoticon_zpszpneqq1a.gif

This is the most adorable little french square, which plays the most adorable little french music loop, gahhh, I was in love as soon as I set foot in this place.

:laughing: This kills me. "Look it's french!"

Uh... just go down the street. You can see the same thing!

“It’s so FRENCH.”

See???? James knows!

(Dad and Hannah being cute.)

Awww...

Too cool!

Here’s some footage I got!
(Remember, it’s 3D, hence the blurry videos.)

<sigh> Still at work.

LOVE LOVE LOVE.

So.... you're pretty subtle here...
Do you love this ride?
Just not sure.

In the picture below, notice that you’re still rat sized! So the chairs are made from Champagne lids! The ceiling is covered in leaves and fairy lights, and there are cocktail umbrellas with additional lighting!

Cool! I glanced at the picture and went "Yup. Restaurant."
But then I read what you wrote and really looked at the picture.
Love it!

One thing I haven’t mentioned yet is that with our hotel package, we got one complimentary EXTRA fastpass per person per day.

Nice!

THE BACKLOT TOUR.

So miss that.
It was sooo good.
Not the just recently ended one, but the one before that.
Where you actually saw working backstages.

There’s also an extra scene that DHS didn’t have. It’s supposed to be a dragon loose in London!

Huh!

The lights flicker, gas and fire bursts into the cabin, the ceiling caves in and the floor drops and shakes (which you’re all standing on freely).
Eventually the meteor hits, and there’s a huge explosion in the centre of the room, and all the lights go out.
You stand there in darkness for a second, until the guy yells “CUT!” and the lights come back on.

That sounds like a hoot! Especially if you don't know what's going on.

After our second ride on Ratatouille we went back to the hotel, and I napped HARD!

"Katie!" <shake> <shake> "Katie!!.... KATIE!!!"
"Nope. She's napping hard."

We decided to go get some dinner at...
(Remember that they close most of the restaurants for dinner during the quiet season.)

PLANET HOLLYWOOD!

We enjoyed this little placemat of entertainment.

You have no idea how long I stared at that place mat.

We all unanimously agreed that seeing Disney Dreams was more important!

You know it's good when you skip dessert.

After the show I wanted to get a shot of Space Mountain all lit up.
Doesn’t it look awesome.

Nice shot!

And so is this one!
Really Katie, you've got some photography skilz.

HOW GREAT IS THIS TRAIN SET.
I could perform my very own Magic Kingdom welcome show whenever I want. :laughing:

More non-purchase regret?

WOW - I need to go to DLP stat!!

The castle is so unique and looks amazing!
Love your description of the maze and all the 5 year olds judging you from above. :lmao:

So... their ToT must have been abandoned more recently? There just isn't much dust and cobwebs in there! :laughing:

I want to go on the Ratatouille ride now and eat in that restaurant!!

So many things look so different at this park! I might get a chance to visit Shanghai next year and I'm sure that will be very different as well. I've only ever been to DL and WDW but I'm thinking it's time to change that!

Loving your report!!

Amazing night time picture of the castle. The wait times seem not bad. I'm loving your report so far. My DD keeps on asking if I'm done reading so she can watch the videos.:laughing: She said she can't wait to go back to there to ride that ride (she was too small last time to ride any big rides). I didn't have the heart to tell her it was in Paris and I know she's still not tall enough for RNR. She enjoyed your videos again of the "castle show".

This is just the greatest gif. This is how we're going to be walking around World Showcase when we try to drink around the world :laughing:

That or like this:
YqruxpTQqHwXK.gif

ArQwmklhFBGV2.gif

That sucks! But the "greatest daughter" award goes to you :flower3: Ugh I bet you were so tempted to hop on that flight with them, what a cruel world :sad2:

Trust me, I was very tempted!! I just keep trying to remind myself that next year they will be the ones taking ME to the airport at an ungodly hour :rotfl:

With your growing British vocabulary I was considering making you an honorary Brit, but you definitely just lost that title!!!!!! :sad2: :laughing:

Well then :snooty:
X1k7RHvaw00VO.gif

Please make a grand entrance to the french ice cream store in Epcot, and exclaim "Bienvenue!!!"... just like this

tumblr_lr4njhZIIT1r1g0rbo1_500.gif

Also please film their reactions for me :rotfl2:

That is going to happen...ready yourself! :thumbsup2

Omg, look what I found the other day... Ahhhh where can I get one!?!? :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

I NEED THAT WALL-E IN MY LIFE IMMEDIATELY. I'm not even ashamed to admit I cried at that! :sad:

This gif is freaking hilarious :rotfl2: That whole movie is so hilarious if you imagine that Snow White is high as a kite through it all :rotfl: and her facial expressions make that VERY easy to imagine :laughing:

"Oh I'm just sat on the ground singing to some animals...THEY'LL UNDERSTAND."

SingASong.gif

"OH MY GOD THE TREES ARE TRYING TO KILL ME"

giphy.gif

"The dwarfs are making more pot brownies"

giphy.gif

"Sweet Prince, I had too many pot brownies and fell asleep in the woods, please take me home"

Snow-White-and-the-Seven-Dwarfs-snow-white-and-the-seven-dwarfs-24301700-500-333.gif

I just had so much fun looking at Snow White gifs, she may be my new favourite Princess, her face is too funny :rotfl2:

That's the best thing I've ever seen...I'll never look at Snow White the same again :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

The breakfast is an all you can eat buffet with pastries, cereal, and yoghurts, as well as hot breakfast items such as sausage, bacon, eggs, baked beans and hash browns.

22516437998_0bfbc9198d_b.jpg

That all looks good but I don't get the baked beans. If I'm gonna eat beans for breakfast they're gonna be refried and in a taco - like this:
thumb_600.jpg

That's how we roll here in South Texas :thumbsup2 ;)

It was 9am so we were well into extra magic hours, but we still walked straight on!
WHAT.

22516395588_c7b2e1199f_b.jpg

This is pretty much the same as WDW; it’s only slightly different. Notably you fly a lot “closer” to some of the characters/scenes (ie. they are much bigger).

Loooooooooooooove!!! Peter Pan's Flight is one of my all time favorites :lovestruc

22516326067_13b4c59d58_b.jpg

You’re welcome.

It reminds me of an early Picasso :artist:

First we came to the Alice in Wonderland themed maze, called Alice’s Curious Labyrinth.

22516357948_08c0166bfe_b.jpg

The centre of the maze is the castle you can see to the right of the photo above, so it’s really embarrassing when 5 year old kids are looking out from the top of the castle and judging you because you’re lost and having a mental breakdown in the bushes.

That is the coolest thing ever!! Ugh, we need that in WDW!!! Although the mental breakdown in the bushes I could do without :rotfl:

LOVE THIS SO MUCH! Alice In Wonderland is so wonderfully bizarre! ::yes::

...but they look EVEN BETTER when you zoom in on the faces…

22921175992_490024c6d8_b.jpg

22921170272_26febb7881_b.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I found this HILARIOUS at the time. I even dragged everyone back to look at Aladdin’s face.
He reminds me of the “you don’t say” meme :laughing:

latest

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
OMG...I am cracking up here in my office alone!! Thank God I don't share my office w/ anyone because they would think I am insane! That is so hilarious!! :rotfl: HIS FACE IS TOO MUCH!!

I wish I’d bought myself a Genie plush.
I am full of regret.

22908573316_b8f426bd2f_b.jpg

I can't believe you didn't!! You ain't never had a friend like him :sad1:

I tried to explain this to my family, and they totally did not remember it that way.
They were all like “Well I don’t remember it being like that, I’ve never had that problem on this ride…”

:rotfl2:

PAIN.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
"OUCH!" that is so funny!! Remind me not to ride that one! ;)

Oh this is just a perfect picture :goodvibes:goodvibes

I haven’t been scared of this ride since I was about 7 years old, but this all changed today.
I definitely made some kind of noise and everybody probably thought I was a total weirdo who was scared of the video.
He left and I continued to watch the video, then towards the end he came back behind me and leaned forward to whisper in my ear,
“it’s waiting for you…”
Which ALSO made me jump out of my skin!!!!

DLPs bellhop CMs are SO good.

Was this you afterwards?
xDoNbo6EFD3JS.gif

Tower of Terror is one of my favourites so I was super excited to ride for the first time in a year, but unfortunately it was RUINED by someone in another elevator, who was taking FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY.

Ugh!! You have the worst luck getting stuck on ToT with stupid people who don't understand "NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY" :mad::mad: I'd have definitely given them a piece of my mind!

I wish so much that I’d just sucked up the price and bought this hat, just so I could unstitch Ray and have him as a little cuddle-bug eeeeeee.
I love him so much.
This was my number 1 “should have bought”.

I can't believe you didn't get it!! I remember you saying in your last TR how much you love Ray due to your love for The Princess & The Frog! Guess you'll just have to hop back on over to DLP and get it...that seems like the only LOGICAL solution :rolleyes1

22542317809_10076d8206_b.jpg

That is very...loud? Bright? It's very...busy :rotfl:

LOVE. SO. MUCH. :love::love:

It’s described as “a motion-based trackless 3D dark ride”, but I have no idea how it works.
You ride through the building, but there are no tracks?! You just glide across a smooth, polished floor in a little ratmobile??!?!
It’s insane.

That sounds soooooooooooooo awesome!!
yidUzHnBk32Um9aMMw.gif

In the picture below you can see the Mickey flowerbed in front of the hotel :goodvibes

22311637944_342924676f_b.jpg

Such a beautiful shot!! :lovestruc:lovestruc

Then we walked across to another Disney Store, but we quickly realised we were all tired, so we dragged ourselves away from the fun and back to the room like the responsible adults that we are.

Being a responsible adult is so overrated :p

Can't wait to read all about your rainy day!! Hope it didn't end up like this:
H5YJpaITf1fA4.gif

Love it! How cool is it that you can walk right out of your hotel and straight into the park?! I would have been disappointed with those choices for dinner, too. And the Ratatouille ride looks adorable. As much as I'm enjoying this, I can't wait until you team up with Jamie (Jaime? I'm drawing a blank at the moment) at the Polynesian, though.

That is so gutting that Crushes Coaster was down! I absolutely love it, they have done it to the t. I also loved the Armageddon Special Effects.. It was so hot though! I think Luke wants to go back there for our first wedding anniversary if we don't make it to WDW (family planning, saving for a house...:()! Can't wait to see more though :goodvibes

California Grill number 1 of 2 for 2015!

This is one of the restaurants in our hotel, and strangely, it’s nothing like the Cali Grill WE all know and love.
The décor is more like the Grand Floridian Café, except it’s gold and beautiful and just :lovestruc

Plus, this was the view from our table!

22934721845_bbb6d988c2_c.jpg
That view:lovestruc - what a perfect breakfast that must have been...
Sleeping Beauty's Castle in DLp is absolutely stunning, and I loved all the glass windows inside. And the book is such a great touch - love how it's in French!
Of course, I wouldn’t be a true Disney fan/Disney photographer if I didn’t come out with an artistic Peter Pan photo.

22516326067_13b4c59d58_b.jpg

You’re welcome.
Oh I've taken many of these masterpiece photos on PPF as well...But yours should be framed:thumbsup2

We made it back down to earth after three intergalactic missions (Peter Pan is intergalactic, please don’t question it. :laughing:) and we headed back to the hub while we decided where to go next.
Oh course it is. You just use pixie dust instead of a spaceship!:thumbsup2:rotfl2:

22516357948_08c0166bfe_b.jpg

The centre of the maze is the castle you can see to the right of the photo above, so it’s really embarrassing when 5 year old kids are looking out from the top of the castle and judging you because you’re lost and having a mental breakdown in the bushes.

We did not try it this year :laughing:
This. is . so. cool! I love this! What a unique addition to DLP.
Gosh it would do well in WDW, but knowing the crowds there you would probably need a FP to go through:rotfl2:

We did stop for this photo opportunity though.
James’ facial expression is clearly that of maze-related childhood trauma.

22746634560_8eb5128b97_b.jpg
You guys are adorable! The whole set up is so lifelike! And I can't remember the loves name right now but I think its so cute that the little mouse from ALice in Wonderland is in the Tea :goodvibespot!
(Not even with character attendants, they legit looked like tourists wandering through Fantasyland :laughing:)

22934625385_eaf9bf6e22_c.jpg

SUZY!!!!

….AND PERLA!!!!

22746614260_d8c515143e_c.jpg

OMG.
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! They are so cute and it's amazing how they walk around!:thumbsup2

Ok, Adventureland!
This entrance to Adventureland is so insanely great.
It’s Aladdin themed!
LOVE this!
Great scene, Elephant Abu's face is just the best!:rotfl:
I wish I’d bought myself a Genie plush.
I am full of regret.

22908573316_b8f426bd2f_b.jpg
That is so funny you say that! I was on the Disney store website the other day looking to see if they had Genie plushes (I had just watched Aladdin and I was just feelin it!:thumbsup2) but anyways, they had the Genie! And I believe it was this exact one too! So if you truly want him hop on over to the Disney store website!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Something amazing that we experience EVERY TIME we visit Disneyland Paris, is that the line for Thunder Mountain is split by fencing into two separate queues that run alongside each other.

And, OMG, the herd mentality is SO real with this one.

SO. MANY. PEOPLE. All join one queue, leaving the other one completely empty.

It is hilarious.

I cannot tell you how many times over the years we’ve entered the empty line and walked past basically EVERYONE waiting in the 30+ minute queue and walked straight onto the ride.
(This is one of my number one tips for anyone visiting DLP…
KNOW THAT THERE ARE TWO LINES AT THUNDER MOUNTAIN!!!
AND JOIN THE SHORTER ONE!!!)
This is hysterical, some people are just lost in the clouds...:rolleyes1
When I get to DLP, I will keep this in mind:rotfl:

Also, you may have mentioned this already, but does DLP not have Splash Mountain? I know its one of your favorites!:goodvibes

PAIN.

Everyone changed their minds and ended up totally agreeing with me on this one.
Especially James, as you can hear :laughing:

Oh my gosh this made me laugh so much! I feel bad you all got hurt but just the commentary from you and your brother just made me giggle:rotfl2:
he Walt Disney Studios park is about a 3 minute walk away from Disneyland park, which is super handy.

22746508770_f56cd8d358_b.jpg

This park has some of the same attractions as Hollywood Studios (it’s DHS’s “sister park”), however the theming here is a little muddled.
But they have some great attractions!
I love how they have the Mickey ears water tower there!:goodvibes
Yes I have heard about the muddled theming as well.
Maybe they just wanted another park and had the attractions for it but just didn't totally know how to do it...but it still sounds like fun though!
And super fun.
WOW! This sounds great! Something else folks at WDW would love, but I totally get that every park around the world has to have their own special unique attractions...it makes others want to come and visit...like me:rotfl2:

I was going to ask you about this - but there it is! Well, that's different, but very nice nonetheless!

I would have reacted the same way, gosh that sounds scary!:scared1:

Some people.....sheesh :rolleyes:

Of course, the obvious thing to do after you’ve eaten lunch is ride Rock n Roller Coaster, so that’s what we did.

The new Ratatouille area and ride!!!!!!!!

The area opened in July 2014 so none of us had seen it yet, I was really excited.

And OMG,

IT. IS. PERFECT.

22908467136_0b407b6a24_b.jpg
OH MY GOSH I WAS WAITING FOR YOU TO WRITE ABOUT THIS!!!! :jumping1:
When I heard DLP was building this I freaked out.:hyper::hyper::hyper: I love Ratatouille so much, such a wonderful movie!:lovestruc

“It’s so FRENCH.”
:rotfl2:

The line is actually a lot of fun once you get inside.
LOVE LOVE LOVE:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

It’s insane.

Anyway, think of the layout as similar to Harry Potter’s Escape From Gringotts ride at Universal Studios. You’re moving through the building, but you often stop in front of huge 3D screens that tell the story.
(And, between 3D screens, there are HUGE props of different food items such as giant fruits and fish!)
Basically, it’s as though you’re a rat being chased through Gusteau’s restaurant and kitchen!
It involves heat, water splashes, and smells too!
It’s relatively tame, most of the thrills come from the combined effects of the 3D, the special effects and the movement.
Gosh for this and Disney Dreams, I HAVE to get to DLP!!!
I know that videos don’t do justice to rides like this, but believe me when I say, this was one of the highlights of the trip for me!

LOVE LOVE LOVE.
The videos were great, but yes I totally see what you're saying! Everything is always better in person!

We wanted to ride again but the line had gotten much longer. One thing I haven’t mentioned yet is that with our hotel package, we got one complimentary EXTRA fastpass per person per day.
This can be used anywhere, just not between 1pm and 4pm (I think).
So we decided to come back at 4pm to ride Ratatouille again!
YAY! That is such a cool perk! And a perfect ride to use it on!::yes::
We took some time to look around the gift shop and the square itself.
The details here are incredible, they really went the extra mile.

22311702694_b236407b4c_c.jpg
Great picture!:goodvibes In love with that fountain...That would be nice to have in my backyard...:laughing:
THE BACKLOT TOUR.
Aw! I'm so happy they still have it! I rememebr fro your last TR how much you said you loved this attraction. That's great!:thumbsup2

This show looks amazing! Gosh I can't wait for the day when I get to see it:goodvibes
We decided to walk back to the Disney Village to look in the World of Disney store.
Oh, and so did everyone and their Mother.
I guess post-fireworks is a popular shopping time!
It was so busy :crazy2:

22515958807_db46b616a3_b.jpg
Wow it does look busy! I have to ask because i can't make it out - which character is on top of the world of Disney Store? Is it Tinkerbell? I love the Mickey and Minnie statues outside of the store as well!
Oh No!:scared1:

Hey Katie! Great updates!!! DLP just keeps looking better and better. Just a little not, when I was quoting/responding to this update, the quoting got a little weird, so a lot of my responses are in the above "quote" starting with your post about Adventureland. Sorry about that! It must have been something I did, but everything id there, you just need to expand it to see everything!
Again, I am loving your TR and can't wait to read more!

Last edited:
A perfect evening would be riding Ratatouille, then going straight over to the other park to watch Disney Dreams.
… Unless we can find a nice dinner to complete the top three highlights, and thus complete the ULTIMATE perfect DLP night…….
You’ll have to wait and see... :thumbsup2

So, can I just point out a bit of a missed opportunity to start a "bonus questions contest" there, inspired by the fabulous and delightful @pkondz
Should I also point out how desperate I am, putting "bonus suck up point comments" in other people's trip reports :sad2:

But seriously, thanks for your updates, especially the videos. As you mentioned how rickety the Indiana Jones ride was, I was thinking "it would be great to see a video", and there it was! Looking forward to your next updates.

And just for the record, I think you did have your ultimate DLP night :)

Hi Katie! I'm reading along :) I totally lurked your past trip report. But I decided to show myself this time, lol. Disneyland Paris looks absolutely beautiful. I am so jealous!

Hey Katie.. Congrats on your Masters, and so excited to follow along for your TR. We just got back from WDW and in that included 3 nights @ the Poly.. AMAZING that you got such a great deal on club level and theme park view.. ahh!! I wish I could've just stayed at the Poly forever.. :lovestruc:lovestruc

Yay you found me!!! I was hoping you would :goodvibes it's Carol right? So sorry if not, I was over-excited that the Wilderness Explorer family approached me! :laughing: Before you saw us we were at the monorail stop and saw you guys in the distance, and I was like "Omg, they look SO good!!!" It was great to meet you guys, you have the most precious family ever :goodvibes Here's the photo we took together!

22316505423_96e2e7efe6_z.jpg

Did you guys enjoy your trip? I'm glad you're enjoying the DLP photos so far, I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in them, so I'm glad some people are :goodvibes

Yes, It's Carol. I can't believe you remembered. We had an awesome time. The MNSSHP was so much fun, after the downpour stopped! It kind of messed up the show schedule but we still managed to see the parade and Hallowishes. I am already trying to convince my hubby that we need to start planning another trip! Guess I will just to need use Disney Visa more often to get more points. Looking forward to more of your highlights.

Hi Katie! I'm loved your last TR and am excited to read your next MK report, but I'm SO glad you decided to write about your trip to Disneyland Paris. I did a day trip there last summer while I was visiting Paris last summer and loved it. I was by myself, and yes, people made fun of me for taking a day away from Paris to go to Disneyland, but I couldn't resist! Such a beautiful park! I assume it's not like this all the time, but I barely had to wait in line, so that made it even more fun. (And I agree with you, the food was not the best.) It was fun to compare the rides that are in Paris and Disney World. Especially loved the Paris version of Big Thunder Mountain!

Why? Part of a hotel package?

Yep! The packages they do tend to be hotel, tickets, and breakfast :thumbsup2

Whoa. You can't get much better than that for a view!

You can see the castle from pretty much any seat in the restaurant! It's spectacular :goodvibes

While I agree wholeheartedly... Not a fan of baked beans.

Any "honorary Brit" status you were accumulating has just gone right down the drain mister. :sad2:

And yet it doesn't look like it's raining when you took the picture.
Or was it still, a bit?

I think it had just been raining in the early morning, tomorrow was the VERY rainy day! :umbrella:

What???? How???

No idea!!! I guess the parks were quiet anyway, but the morning EMHs were REALLY quiet. Peter-Pan-walk-on quiet :goodvibes

Very artistic. I love you're use of space and colour.
Inspiring and impressive.

Thank you, thank you. I know I'm talented.

And those are the lucky ones.
Nope. I'll pass.
(And yes... I was fine when I rode with Kay... but I do not wish to push my luck!)

Now if I ever see you at Disney we're going to need to ride the tea cups. ::yes::

::yes:: And that's the way I wish it still was.
And yes I get that they'd be mobbed in the US.
But still...

Actually, at DLP the characters don't tend to have handlers around, so it can be a serious mob of people just pushing their child into the characters, it's a complete free-for-all! You're actually very lucky to find an orderly line for characters there!

I actually love the herd mentality. It means I can have an advantage.
I always tell the DDs "Don't be a sheep."
There are two turning lanes at an intersection.
The right lane lets you access one of the bigger malls in town.
Both lanes will also let you continue on the street.
I always take the left lane.
"Watch this." I tell the kids.
A few cars make it through on the left turn signal.
I then change lanes when it's safe and enter the mall parking lot.

While dozens of cars wait in the right turn lane for the next light.

Why????

I'll tell you why.
"Baaaaaa!!!"
That's why.

Haha I love this. I have not-so-secret shortcuts like that here in my town too. Come on now sheeple!!! Baaaaa indeed :laughing:

NO IT DOES NOT! Because I'm at work and have to wait until I'm home to see it!

I like to believe you do go back and watch my videos, but you're such a social butterfly here on the trip reports board I bet you forget!!!!

He's pointing to the spot where he really should be.

Omg YES! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Nah. Cute as a button.

:cutie:

Um.... Well..... Oh... I'm just going to say it.

I have not seen that movie.

Do it immediately!! To be honest, some people don't like it. I love it. I love Ray so much.

"Katie!" <shake> <shake> "Katie!!.... KATIE!!!"
"Nope. She's napping hard."

This is exactly what happens when I nap hard.

You have no idea how long I stared at that place mat.

Me too!!!

And so is this one!
Really Katie, you've got some photography skilz.

Thank you!! :goodvibes

WOW - I need to go to DLP stat!!

Yes you do! Everybody does!!!

The castle is so unique and looks amazing!
Love your description of the maze and all the 5 year olds judging you from above. :lmao:

I challenge you to one day complete that maze, without at least one incident where you just want to send red SOS fireworks into the sky :rotfl:

So... their ToT must have been abandoned more recently? There just isn't much dust and cobwebs in there! :laughing:

We actually made comments about how DLP in general is a little dusty, definitely not as well maintained as WDW. We were saying that we bet they love having TOT there because it's a building they can actually get away with not ever cleaning :laughing:

So many things look so different at this park! I might get a chance to visit Shanghai next year and I'm sure that will be very different as well. I've only ever been to DL and WDW but I'm thinking it's time to change that!

Omg you're soooo lucky if you get to go to Shanghai Disney!!! That would be AMAZING. You would HAVE to write a trip report!!!!

Loving your report!!

Thank you! :goodvibes

I'm with her. Can't do the teacups anymore!

Haha yes, it's best not to risk it!

That's really not bad for a super popular ride. I still can't believe how low the crowds seemed.

I know, it was so quiet!! To be honest we tend to choose our timeframe strategically, based on the lowest crowds of the year. Low crowds are my number one priority!! It was much busier when I was in WDW the following week though!

Amazing night time picture of the castle. The wait times seem not bad. I'm loving your report so far. My DD keeps on asking if I'm done reading so she can watch the videos.:laughing: She said she can't wait to go back to there to ride that ride (she was too small last time to ride any big rides). I didn't have the heart to tell her it was in Paris and I know she's still not tall enough for RNR. She enjoyed your videos again of the "castle show".

Thank you! And that's so sweet that your DD wants to watch the videos! :goodvibes Sorry I'm not much of a videographer at all :laughing: Aww I kind of remember the first time I was tall enough to ride all the big rides at WDW, she will have the time of her life when she goes back to Disney!

Hello step-sister turned fiance! What a strange turn our relationship has taken :rotfl:

That or like this:
YqruxpTQqHwXK.gif

I will actively find a CM with a name-tag that says Steve and I will say this to him.

tumblr_lsivbvpOVK1ql01d2o3_500.gif

:rotfl2: my favourite line!!! It gets me every time.

Trust me, I was very tempted!! I just keep trying to remind myself that next year they will be the ones taking ME to the airport at an ungodly hour :rotfl:

It must be almost exactly 1 year right?!!? :hyper:

I NEED THAT WALL-E IN MY LIFE IMMEDIATELY. I'm not even ashamed to admit I cried at that! :sad:

Awww!!! I will get you one as a wedding present :thumbsup2
That's the best thing I've ever seen...I'll never look at Snow White the same again :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

She's quickly becoming my favourite princess, purely because of how batsh*t crazy she is.

That all looks good but I don't get the baked beans. If I'm gonna eat beans for breakfast they're gonna be refried and in a taco - like this:
thumb_600.jpg

While I condemn you for your baked bean comment, that taco does look like the bomb diggidy :lovestruc I need to get me one of these. (CONFESSION TIME: My local burrito bar knows me by name :rolleyes1)

That's how we roll here in South Texas :thumbsup2 ;)

BRB, moving to South Texas.

It reminds me of an early Picasso :artist:

Thank you. I'm very talented.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
OMG...I am cracking up here in my office alone!! Thank God I don't share my office w/ anyone because they would think I am insane! That is so hilarious!! :rotfl: HIS FACE IS TOO MUCH!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I'll never be able to walk through this attraction like a normal person ever again :rotfl2:

I can't believe you didn't!! You ain't never had a friend like him :sad1:

SO MUCH REGRET!

Was this you afterwards?
xDoNbo6EFD3JS.gif

Oh Kermit. You melt my heart. He is just the cutest :lovestruc

tumblr_inline_nr1nqrYHVK1rd3ldm_540.png

Ugh!! You have the worst luck getting stuck on ToT with stupid people who don't understand "NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY" :mad::mad: I'd have definitely given them a piece of my mind!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE. I hope you give someone a piece of your mind if you encounter this next year!

I can't believe you didn't get it!! I remember you saying in your last TR how much you love Ray due to your love for The Princess & The Frog! Guess you'll just have to hop back on over to DLP and get it...that seems like the only LOGICAL solution :rolleyes1

I always find an excuse to go back. This would be the most expensive hat EVER! :laughing:

That is very...loud? Bright? It's very...busy :rotfl:

Yeah it's not great. It's just basically a giant billboard, I much prefer DHS's :goodvibes

LOVE. SO. MUCH. :love::love:

ME TOO!

Can't wait to read all about your rainy day!! Hope it didn't end up like this:
H5YJpaITf1fA4.gif

This is pretty much exactly how it went :rotfl::umbrella:

Love it! How cool is it that you can walk right out of your hotel and straight into the park?! I would have been disappointed with those choices for dinner, too. And the Ratatouille ride looks adorable. As much as I'm enjoying this, I can't wait until you team up with Jamie (Jaime? I'm drawing a blank at the moment) at the Polynesian, though.

The hotel is in such a great location! Most of the hotels are relatively close, but this one is extra convenient when you want to go back and get a jacket or go for a nap :goodvibes
I'm going to try and finish this DLP report off pretty quickly, so hopefully it wont be long before mine and Jamie's WDW report! :goodvibes

That is so gutting that Crushes Coaster was down! I absolutely love it, they have done it to the t. I also loved the Armageddon Special Effects.. It was so hot though! I think Luke wants to go back there for our first wedding anniversary if we don't make it to WDW (family planning, saving for a house...:()! Can't wait to see more though :goodvibes

I know!!! It's definitely one of my favourites at DLP, we were all a little heartbroken when we found out. But I guess that's the price you pay for choosing the quietest week of the year! Yay I hope you get to one of the Disney parks!!!! What a great anniversary idea :lovestruc

That view:lovestruc - what a perfect breakfast that must have been...

I know! Most of the seats in that restaurant have a castle view, it's so cool!

Oh I've taken many of these masterpiece photos on PPF as well...But yours should be framed:thumbsup2

Haha THANKS. I know. :thumbsup2

This. is . so. cool! I love this! What a unique addition to DLP.
Gosh it would do well in WDW, but knowing the crowds there you would probably need a FP to go through:rotfl2:

The maze is a good way of getting a lot of people away from all the lines I guess! Especially because it's so difficult... People probably get stuck in there for the majority of the day :rotfl: (OK it's probably not THAT difficult, I was probably just being dumb :laughing:)

Hey Katie! Great updates!!! DLP just keeps looking better and better. Just a little not, when I was quoting/responding to this update, the quoting got a little weird, so a lot of my responses are in the above "quote" starting with your post about Adventureland. Sorry about that! It must have been something I did, but everything id there, you just need to expand it to see everything!

Oh lord I've had these problems with quoting before :laughing: It's not letting me highlight and quote any of it gahhh :sad2:

But thanks for sharing about the Genie plush! I've just checked the UK Disney Store and they don't seem to have it though, and postage from the US site over here is A LOT :sad2: sadness!

Nooo DLP does not have Splash Mountain :sad2: it's such a shame! It's maybe to do with the colder climate? I don't know exactly. I suppose wet guests generally equal miserable guests! :umbrella:

OMG if you love the movie, you would LOVE the Ratatouille area and ride!! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc I like the movie fine, but I've only seen it a couple of times, and even I was completely in love with this area. The first thing I did when I got home was watch Ratatouille and I appreciated it on a totally different level :goodvibes

And yeah I think that's Tinker Bell on top of the World of Disney store :goodvibes

Thanks for reading!

So, can I just point out a bit of a missed opportunity to start a "bonus questions contest" there, inspired by the fabulous and delightful @pkondz
Should I also point out how desperate I am, putting "bonus suck up point comments" in other people's trip reports :sad2:

But seriously, thanks for your updates, especially the videos. As you mentioned how rickety the Indiana Jones ride was, I was thinking "it would be great to see a video", and there it was! Looking forward to your next updates.

And just for the record, I think you did have your ultimate DLP night :)

Haha, bonus suck up points in other people's trip report - that's a new level of sucking up!!! I hope he gives you a lot :thumbsup2
Yay I'm glad you're enjoying it, thanks for reading!

He's right you know.
I am fabulous and delightful.

OXTKD.gif

Hi Katie! I'm reading along :) I totally lurked your past trip report. But I decided to show myself this time, lol. Disneyland Paris looks absolutely beautiful. I am so jealous!

Yay thanks for saying hi!!! :wave: DLP is beautiful, I hope you get to see it some day :goodvibes

Hey Katie.. Congrats on your Masters, and so excited to follow along for your TR. We just got back from WDW and in that included 3 nights @ the Poly.. AMAZING that you got such a great deal on club level and theme park view.. ahh!! I wish I could've just stayed at the Poly forever.. :lovestruc:lovestruc

Thank you! :cool1: I hope you enjoyed the Poly as much as we did! It's looking amazing, and we didn't even notice the construction going on at the quiet pool :goodvibes I love that resort so much!

Yes, It's Carol. I can't believe you remembered. We had an awesome time. The MNSSHP was so much fun, after the downpour stopped! It kind of messed up the show schedule but we still managed to see the parade and Hallowishes. I am already trying to convince my hubby that we need to start planning another trip! Guess I will just to need use Disney Visa more often to get more points. Looking forward to more of your highlights.

I'm really glad you still got to see the parade and HalloWishes, they're the two highlights in my opinion :goodvibes I like the castle show fine, but Boo to You and HalloWishes are better! So don't feel bad that you missed it :goodvibes Yay I hope you get to go back soon!

Hi Katie! I'm loved your last TR and am excited to read your next MK report, but I'm SO glad you decided to write about your trip to Disneyland Paris. I did a day trip there last summer while I was visiting Paris last summer and loved it. I was by myself, and yes, people made fun of me for taking a day away from Paris to go to Disneyland, but I couldn't resist! Such a beautiful park! I assume it's not like this all the time, but I barely had to wait in line, so that made it even more fun. (And I agree with you, the food was not the best.) It was fun to compare the rides that are in Paris and Disney World. Especially loved the Paris version of Big Thunder Mountain!

Hey! Thanks!! I'm so glad people are appreciating the DLP report, I was in two minds whether to write it or not. I'm glad that you've had a chance to go there! I think we both got lucky with the lack of lines, I've been before where it's been pretty busy. Disney parks are SO much better when they're quiet, it's my number 1 priority when booking! :thumbsup2 YES Big Thunder Mountain is our family favourite! It's so fast :laughing: Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

I kinda don't want to post an update at the bottom of a page...
So as Rob would say, it must be someone's birthday out there, so Happy Birthday!

:bday:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter