Everything You Do, CELEBRATE YOU! - Polynesian - Club Level - TPV

I'm so excited to read your trip report! I was the crazy stalker that ran into you and Jamie on the monorail at the Poly with my family. We were the Wilderness Explorers headed to the MNSSHP. Can't wait to hear all about your trip. So far I have loved your pics from Paris. We were there in 2013 but could only squeeze in one day. Thanks for letting me join in on your fun.

LOVED your last trip report and can't wait for this one! Thanks for including the DLP portion of your trip! Makes me want to go! Congratulations on graduating and looking forward to following along!

I love those statues too!! I didn't spot much merchandise of them at DLP, although I saw these adorable mugs at WDW!

a1a24c2345ea43c5a4dc293c32b03422.jpg

And these:

2015-07-06214852.jpg

OMG!!!! These will be one of my purchases when we go in December.

Yay! I've been silently reading your last report and ive been excitedly awaiting this one! I'm loving the Disneyland paris part! I went there last summer with some friends that i made on instagram and i had a blast!

That's weird about the dinner reservations, although i think lunch is generally a bigger meal in France.
I definitely agree with you about they need a wider range of food options at the quick services! I lived off chips for 4 days! (i'm english too btw!)
Your photos are absolutely beautiful!
I love big thunder in paris way better too! So much fun, especially at night!
I think fantasyland is so pretty and magical in disneyland paris! Especially the teacups!
I agree with you about wishes and Disney Dreams! Dreams is so much technically better, it's tough to call. But i think that wishes just has something in it thtat not alot will ever top! I think dreams is missing a message, like its so magical but wishes tells you that your dreams will come true and thats so magical!
I'm really enjoying the report! I can't wait to read more!

We LOVE California Grill too, it was such an amazing meal. We went during the sunset, OMG it was so beautiful! I remember from your TR I really wanted a Contemporary Resort cocktail stirrer but I totally forgot on the night and ordered rosé wine! So that gives me an excuse to go back :thumbsup2

YAH! Gotta love an excuse to go back! We actually went twice on our last trip I just haven't gotten to the second part yet! I don't know if you know but you can just get up without a reservation as there is an area for walk ins. You don't get the same service or experience it's better if you just want a bite to eat and a drink. I think they let you in from 5 so we just showed up early the second time and we got in no problem.

Thank you!! We were supposed to get Jamie a Woody outfit but we were both so busy before the trip we just never got around to it. So we found this Haunted Mansion top in Memento Mori! Which was a nice souvenir too I guess (It's in MY wardrobe, shhhh) :thumbsup2

I always have these grand ideas in the build up to Disney trips of outfits I'm going to buy but the trip is always on top of me before I know it! This year though I did buy some of the Disney leggings from SportsDirect (I went a bit mad)

67800193_xl.jpg

LOVE the villians one
DIS001-DisneyBaddiesLegs-1-WEB_1024x1024.jpg

My sister got the dress
65440092_xl_a1_2048x2048.jpg

I got another pair of mickey and minnie ones but I don't see them online anymore...
I just realised I went on a MASSIVE tangent... Oooops

1900 Park Fare was so much fun!!! We went for dinner with the characters from Cinderella, and Drizella was SO funny. I told her to notice that Jamie didn't have a wedding ring, so TECHNICALLY he's legally single.. OMG she LOVED it, she was so clingy with him, and kept coming back to our table to tell him about what she'd just planned for the wedding, and she even sang him a song that she wanted to perform on the big day :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

Great!!! I'm so glad to hear that, I can't wait to give it another go this time round! Haha the ugly sisters are always a HOOT! I think I'll have to embarrass my Dad!

You're right they're not as popular, but the general "wait your turn" rule doesn't seem to apple to many people............ :sad2: There are rarely even any character attendants around, so a lot of parents just kinda shove their kids towards the characters to get photos..... WEIRD. So yeah, the amount of people waiting for characters is generally smaller than at WDW, but you're lucky if you find an orderly queue! :laughing:

Oh no! That sounds really annoying...!!

It is usually very expensive, but we booked really early (maybe November 2014) and found a great deal :goodvibes That's the "top" hotel, and we paid £1,600 for hotel, tickets, and daily breakfast, for four people, for 5 days / 4 nights.. I think that's pretty good for that hotel, it averages out at £100 per person per night. But I checked back a few weeks later and the deal had gone and the prices were CRAZY. I mean, I guess it was a good deal for the Disneyland Hotel, but even at £1,600 for 4 nights, you could have 4 people stay at a value resort at WDW for a week with that. :confused3 I'm a WDW fanatic but I think DLP is definitely worth doing now and again :goodvibes

I think when you've got 4 people as well it makes a difference too... We're staying at OKW for 10nights with DDP and it worked out great value because we've 4 people to split the bill and you get charged the same for the room regardless!

Ahh fair enough, I hope you get to see them some day! They are INCREDIBLE in person!!!

Oh I definitely will!! That's the only reason I'm resisting your videos!

Just finished reading your last trip report and joining in on this one. I've never commented on a trip report before, but yours are by far the most entertaining! Just reading them makes me excited for our upcoming trip in May. We're staying at the Poly for the first time and it's our first trip with our kids.

I'm here! I'm here!!! Sorry it's taken me so long to reply but I am here! So excited to read along!
ycWKiijFxvSXC.gif

“Hey Katie, guess what? We’re going to Disney… RIGHT NOW!”

excited-baby.gif

Yeeeeeeah!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

My alarm went off at 6:30am on Sunday morning.
The plan today was to drive down to Dover, hop on a ferry across the channel, and head to a small town called Arras in the north of France to spend the night so that we could get to Disneyland Paris bright and early the next day.

Getting up that early is no problem when one is going on an epic vacation. But I was up at 5:15 am this past Sunday to take my parents to the airport for their week long WDW trip and THAT was not quite as fun :sad:

The drive was pretty uneventful. I pretty much slept the entire way.
We stopped at a service station for a cup of tea, because you know, we’re British.

22736690371_125968b435_c.jpg

But that doesn't look like tea!! Where's the ice??? :confused3
(;):rotfl:)

And I was prompted to think about some of my Disney friends before we’d even reached the ferry.. You know who you are :thumbsup2

22537568080_29a2563f2c_b.jpg

:grouphug:

FULLER HOUSEEEEEEEEE :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Also, I appreciate how they made the "s" in house look like a dollar sign - that was very #thuglife of them ;)

Bienvenue!!!
Welcome to France!

How I would love to hear these words one day!! Maybe I'll just start saying Bienvenue to all the French CM's when I'm there next year :thumbsup2

I love little french towns that are away from all the tourists.
I like to see how real french people live!
Plus, you can totally picture Belle strutting through Arras.

There must be more than this provincial liiiiiiiiiiife! Belle was kinda mean TBH, always calling the French peeps provincial and small minded ;)

Does this seem familiar to any of you WDW fans…?!

22537784590_df16f9862c_b.jpg

This isn’t where we were staying, but Disney’s Newport Bay Club hotel was designed by Robert A. M. Stern; the same architect who designed Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club!

How awesome!!! It looks JUST like Yacht Club!! I love it!

That is so beautiful! It reminds me of the Grand Floridian :love:

22102871334_1780c38d8a_b.jpg

This was SO appropriate!
My last trip report was called “Oh It’s a Jolly Holiday with Katie” – and who do we spot a few steps into the park??
Mary Poppins and the penguins!!!!
Amazingness.
I took this as a sign that we were going to have another jolly holiday :thumbsup2

What an excellent start to the trip! That was definitely some good juju for the rest of the holiday!

Mary said hello to me with a huge smile, and then she turned straight to the camera…..
From that little “hello”, it appeared that Mary had been in France for too long… Because she had a bit of an accent…..
Which is probably why she doesn’t engage in conversations…..
I think she may have forgotten how to speak English….
I’m sure you all know what I’m saying :laughing:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Awwww don't you look cute!!! And what an awesome background!!

Sorry to all you American fans out there,
But Thunder Mountain is SO much better at Disneyland Paris!!
First of all, it’s on it’s own little island…
You board the train, and it takes you through an UNDERWATER TUNNEL to get to the mountain.

Well that is just ginger nuts :hyper:
But also kind of awesome!!

This video seriously cracks me up!

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

That was hilarious!!! :rotfl2: I wonder if it feels as crazy at BTMRR in WDW? Did you try to re-enact this with Jamie? :rotfl2:

We found ourselves INSIDE Skull Rock!
As in, the one from Peter Pan, where Captain Hook and Mr. Smee take Tiger Lily.

22842948622_b7902f5b51_b.jpg

OMG that is amazing!! :eek::eek: They need this in WDW!! Immediately!!

Yep, Tomorrowland is known as Discoveryland at Disneyland Paris!
Although the attractions are fairly similar in nature, the general concept of Discoveryland is very different, and is based on the ideas of Jules Verne.

For example, here’s a shot of Discoveryland’s Orbitron (Astro Orbiter), with Space Mountain – Mission 2 in the background.

22712615632_dcedb5c20e_b.jpg

That is so interesting! I love all the similarities between the different Disney parks but how they each put their own spin on things!
If I am ever in Paris (not likely but a girl can dream) I definitely need to pay a visit to DLP!

The best part of this ride was definitely Dad and Hannah’s ride photo!
LOL!

22104957683_07818711d6_b.jpg

I think we know where you get it from Katie :rotfl::rotfl:It runs in the family! ;)

I need this. For my home. Right now. I LOVE LOVE Wall-E!! :lovestruc:lovestruc

James ordered a rum and coke, and as you can see, the rum filled half the glass! It must’ve been so strong.

22712359602_99a0099598_b.jpg

Well shoot, that is my kind of bartender!! I do enjoy a strong drink :smooth:
HcEssO05koJmo.gif

Hello, welcome to my mansion.
I live here.

22103149014_a634bb325c_c.jpg

Can I come visit your mansion please??? :flower3:

This float is SO weird!!!
Alice’s eyes move from side to side and it’s just plain creepy :rotfl:

22712295202_9e741568cb_c.jpg

:scared::scared::scared:
That's all I have to say about that.
And also, ginger nuts.

Here’s the finale of the show!

(Watch this video for the good of your health!!!!)

So beautiful :sad::sad:

Here’s a link to a good video of the whole show by DLP Guide if anyone is interested!
(If you watched my finale video and enjoyed it, I suggest watching it on this video too, it's much better quality, and an unobstructed view.)

(If you want to skip to your favourite movie, the order goes Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast, Ratatouille, Aladdin, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Lion King, Frozen, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Peter Pan)

That is amazing!!

This TR is off to a fabulous start! I can't wait to read more!!! :hug:

Just popped over from your other TR so I wanted to stop by and say Hi! I would love to get over to DLP but that won't happen for quite a while I'm sure. And staying at the Poly CL - for 2 weeks - WOW!

Better get back to reading.....

So excited to read this :goodvibes
I read your last trip report... silently haha. You and Jamie are too cute :earsgirl::earsboy:
We were at WDW at the same time! I was there Sep 29th to Oct 7th!
Maybe I'll see myself in the background of a couple pictures :rotfl2:I'll be sure not to point them out......

My boyfriend and I are planning on taking our next vacation to Paris. And of course we have to split the time 50/50 between the city and Disneyland... it's only natural :earboy2:
So i'm super excited to read the beginning portion of this as well. I've been to DLP twice, once when i was super little, and once during a high school trip to London/Paris and we were only there for a few hours. So these pictures are bringing back mini flashbacks and I love it:flower1:

Can't wait to read more!!

And I could probably perform a one-woman play of Finding Nemo the Musical :rotfl: Jamie probably could too, the other day he said that we should both audition to be turtles for the Go With the Flow scene :rotfl2: We seem to know the whole thing so well.
There are loads of other more obscure things like the innoventions loop and the song they play on the radio on Kilimanjaro Safari :goodvibes
This is no where near all of my favourites, I love so many!
What are your favourites? :goodvibes
All I can say is if you get the part let me know. I'll be there LOL. Jamie I am sure would make a great turtle LOL!!
Yes Tapestry of Nations is now a well established favorite of mine as well. I also enjoy SuperHotLarry's youtube channel. I love listening to his recordings of Soarin queue, Disneyland Railroad soundtrack, Grizzly Peaks Airfield music loop. I don't know if you've ever heard of the The Magic of Voices. Its basically The Voices of Liberty. They have some great acapella songs. Its really amazing. I also love listening to the MK enterance and main street loops as well as Epcots entereance loop. I don't know if you've you've gotten the Disneyland Legacy CDs but they are awesome as well. I am going to have to check out Kilimanjaro Safaris Music. That could be really good.

Hello Katie! By the way, my daughter's name is Katie, so I smiled a little when I wrote your name. She's 8, so based on your last trip report, I expect you have similar personalities :laughing: (kidding, of course. I love your passion for all things Disney!)

I'm looking forward to this trip report. I'm especially excited to see your Disneyland Paris report. I was there for one day about 15 years ago and I'm sad to say I don't remember that much about it. I know I enjoyed it, but I guess my inner Disney side hadn't quite come out then, so it didn't imprint in my memory. But there's been a lot of changes since then. I'd love to go back.

Hey! Aww that's so sweet :goodvibes And no no, you're probably right, I'm sure your daughter and I do have similar personalities :rotfl:I bet we'd get along great :laughing:

Thanks! I'm looking forward to writing it too. Ahh yes, I hope you get to go back to DLP some day! There are some really great things there now :goodvibes maybe if you enjoy reading about it you might consider a trip back there :thumbsup2 I always do that, I've never been to Disneyland Resort in California, and whenever I read a trip report about it, I start researching it and thinking "So.. if I pack up and leave RIGHT NOW, how long will it take to get there, and how much will it cost?!" :rotfl:

Glad you're here!

Too bad. They were the coolest mode of transportation I've ever done.
I mean, really... a hovercraft!

Right! I wonder how they work, because we all know that hoverboards don't work on water...

giphy.gif

Oh wow! That's crazy. I see the blue and black here, but I am still 100% convinced the original is white and gold :thumbsup2 Thanks for sharing though, I'm going to show this to the fam at the weekend :goodvibes

Well that's amping up the suckage factor.
It's a ride! Make it a darned ride!

It was so cool to go into your "submarine" and dive down to Atlantis.

I'm sorry to say I don't have any recollection of it.. But it sounds like something I would HATE (sharkophobe over here, so I'm generally put off by any under water expedition).

I'm so excited to read your trip report! I was the crazy stalker that ran into you and Jamie on the monorail at the Poly with my family. We were the Wilderness Explorers headed to the MNSSHP. Can't wait to hear all about your trip. So far I have loved your pics from Paris. We were there in 2013 but could only squeeze in one day. Thanks for letting me join in on your fun.

Yay you found me!!! I was hoping you would :goodvibes it's Carol right? So sorry if not, I was over-excited that the Wilderness Explorer family approached me! :laughing: Before you saw us we were at the monorail stop and saw you guys in the distance, and I was like "Omg, they look SO good!!!" It was great to meet you guys, you have the most precious family ever :goodvibes Here's the photo we took together!

22316505423_96e2e7efe6_z.jpg

Did you guys enjoy your trip? I'm glad you're enjoying the DLP photos so far, I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in them, so I'm glad some people are :goodvibes

LOVED your last trip report and can't wait for this one! Thanks for including the DLP portion of your trip! Makes me want to go! Congratulations on graduating and looking forward to following along!

Thank you!!! I'm glad you're enjoying it :goodvibes And thank you for the congrats, it's a huge weight that's been lifted so it feels great :goodvibes Glad you're here!

OMG!!!! These will be one of my purchases when we go in December.

I hope you do! I had to restrain myself :laughing:

Yay! I've been silently reading your last report and ive been excitedly awaiting this one! I'm loving the Disneyland paris part! I went there last summer with some friends that i made on instagram and i had a blast!

That's weird about the dinner reservations, although i think lunch is generally a bigger meal in France.
I definitely agree with you about they need a wider range of food options at the quick services! I lived off chips for 4 days! (i'm english too btw!)
Your photos are absolutely beautiful!
I love big thunder in paris way better too! So much fun, especially at night!
I think fantasyland is so pretty and magical in disneyland paris! Especially the teacups!
I agree with you about wishes and Disney Dreams! Dreams is so much technically better, it's tough to call. But i think that wishes just has something in it thtat not alot will ever top! I think dreams is missing a message, like its so magical but wishes tells you that your dreams will come true and thats so magical!
I'm really enjoying the report! I can't wait to read more!

Hey girl! Aw thanks for coming out to chat :goodvibes It's nice to meet a fellow Brit!
You made Disney friends on Instagram and went to DLP with them?! That's amazing!! The online Disney community is the best, I hope you all had a great time :goodvibes

Yeah it was a shame about the dinner reservations. Ah yeah maybe you're right. I'm not a big lunch person though, I guess I'm just over here expecting everyone to cater to my needs :laughing: well, at least I have more to look forward to next time I go :thumbsup2
And I agree 100% about Wishes vs Dreams! I hadn't really thought about how there's a message behind Wishes, whereas Dreams is just a story. Wishes is much more heart-warming I guess. Ahh that makes the comparison even harder! I think I just love them equally :goodvibes
Thank you! I'm so glad you're enjoying it, and I'm glad you're here! :flower3:

Last edited:
Right! I wonder how they work, because we all know that hoverboards don't work on water...

giphy.gif

True. But that reminds me of something else.
I recently saw a video of M.J. Fox trying on self tying Nike's.
You can see it here. More interesting than funny.
You can really see his Parkinson's though.

I'm sorry to say I don't have any recollection of it.. But it sounds like something I would HATE (sharkophobe over here, so I'm generally put off by any under water experidition).

And I'm scared of water.
(And yet I snorkel, scuba and surf in it... but I always have to keep my mind from thinking about sharks)
But the subs don't actually (didn't... didn't actually...) go underwater.
I would think it'd be worse if you were claustrophobic!

YAH! Gotta love an excuse to go back! We actually went twice on our last trip I just haven't gotten to the second part yet! I don't know if you know but you can just get up without a reservation as there is an area for walk ins. You don't get the same service or experience it's better if you just want a bite to eat and a drink. I think they let you in from 5 so we just showed up early the second time and we got in no problem.

Oh wow I had no idea about this?! Is it the same menu, or like a lighter menu or something? That's good to know, since it's one of our favourite restaurants!

This year though I did buy some of the Disney leggings from SportsDirect (I went a bit mad)

67800193_xl.jpg

LOVE the villians one
DIS001-DisneyBaddiesLegs-1-WEB_1024x1024.jpg

My sister got the dress
65440092_xl_a1_2048x2048.jpg

OMG :scared1: Sports Direct sell these?!?!?! WHY have I never seen these before?!!

I've just found them online, they have 50% off! I bought the villains leggings and a muppet tshirt! Thanks for sharing! You da best :thumbsup2

Just finished reading your last trip report and joining in on this one. I've never commented on a trip report before, but yours are by far the most entertaining! Just reading them makes me excited for our upcoming trip in May. We're staying at the Poly for the first time and it's our first trip with our kids.

Hey! Thanks for coming to say hi :goodvibes I'm glad you're here! And I'm glad you enjoyed the last report :goodvibes Yay how exciting! You are going to LOVE the Poly!!!! I wonder if the east pool will be completed by then? I've seen some photos of it that people have taken from their balconies, it's looking great!

I'm here! I'm here!!! Sorry it's taken me so long to reply but I am here! So excited to read along!
ycWKiijFxvSXC.gif

This is just the greatest gif. This is how we're going to be walking around World Showcase when we try to drink around the world :laughing:

Getting up that early is no problem when one is going on an epic vacation. But I was up at 5:15 am this past Sunday to take my parents to the airport for their week long WDW trip and THAT was not quite as fun :sad:

That sucks! But the "greatest daughter" award goes to you :flower3: Ugh I bet you were so tempted to hop on that flight with them, what a cruel world :sad2:

But that doesn't look like tea!! Where's the ice??? :confused3
(;):rotfl:)

With your growing British vocabulary I was considering making you an honorary Brit, but you definitely just lost that title!!!!!! :sad2: :laughing:

Maybe I'll just start saying Bienvenue to all the French CM's when I'm there next year :thumbsup2

Please make a grand entrance to the french ice cream store in Epcot, and exclaim "Bienvenue!!!"... just like this

tumblr_lr4njhZIIT1r1g0rbo1_500.gif

Also please film their reactions for me :rotfl2:
That was hilarious!!! :rotfl2: I wonder if it feels as crazy at BTMRR in WDW? Did you try to re-enact this with Jamie? :rotfl2:

Sadly not, but I have so many other videos of us being totally goofy :thumbsup2

I think we know where you get it from Katie :rotfl::rotfl:It runs in the family! ;)

:laughing: THIS IS NOT A GAME PEOPLE. THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.

I need this. For my home. Right now. I LOVE LOVE Wall-E!! :lovestruc:lovestruc

Omg, look what I found the other day... Ahhhh where can I get one!?!? :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

This gif is freaking hilarious :rotfl2: That whole movie is so hilarious if you imagine that Snow White is high as a kite through it all :rotfl: and her facial expressions make that VERY easy to imagine :laughing:

"Oh I'm just sat on the ground singing to some animals...THEY'LL UNDERSTAND."

SingASong.gif

"OH MY GOD THE TREES ARE TRYING TO KILL ME"

giphy.gif

"The dwarfs are making more pot brownies"

giphy.gif

"Sweet Prince, I had too many pot brownies and fell asleep in the woods, please take me home"

Snow-White-and-the-Seven-Dwarfs-snow-white-and-the-seven-dwarfs-24301700-500-333.gif

:rotfl:

I just had so much fun looking at Snow White gifs, she may be my new favourite Princess, her face is too funny :rotfl2:

Can I come visit your mansion please??? :flower3:

ANYTIME. :thumbsup2

This TR is off to a fabulous start! I can't wait to read more!!! :hug:

Yay thanks! :hug:

Just popped over from your other TR so I wanted to stop by and say Hi! I would love to get over to DLP but that won't happen for quite a while I'm sure. And staying at the Poly CL - for 2 weeks - WOW!

Better get back to reading.....

Hey again! :wave2: Aww I hope you get out to DLP some day! It only requires a few days, so incorporating it into a Euro-tour trip is always a fun idea, well I think so anyway, especially if you're travelling so far :goodvibes Thanks for reading, I'm glad you're here!

So excited to read this :goodvibes
I read your last trip report... silently haha. You and Jamie are too cute :earsgirl::earsboy:
We were at WDW at the same time! I was there Sep 29th to Oct 7th!
Maybe I'll see myself in the background of a couple pictures :rotfl2:I'll be sure not to point them out......

My boyfriend and I are planning on taking our next vacation to Paris. And of course we have to split the time 50/50 between the city and Disneyland... it's only natural :earboy2:
So i'm super excited to read the beginning portion of this as well. I've been to DLP twice, once when i was super little, and once during a high school trip to London/Paris and we were only there for a few hours. So these pictures are bringing back mini flashbacks and I love it:flower1:

Can't wait to read more!!

Hey, aww thank you! :goodvibes Oh cool! Yeah keep an eye out for yourself in the photos :laughing:
Yaay that's great that you're planning a trip to Paris!! When are you hoping to go? We always split our time between Disneyland and the city, but this year we just stayed in Disney. But I think that's a great idea, it's super easy too, because the Disneyland train station has trains that go right into the center of Paris :goodvibes
I'm glad you're enjoying it, and appreciating the DLP posts! :goodvibes

All I can say is if you get the part let me know. I'll be there LOL. Jamie I am sure would make a great turtle LOL!!
Yes Tapestry of Nations is now a well established favorite of mine as well. I also enjoy SuperHotLarry's youtube channel. I love listening to his recordings of Soarin queue, Disneyland Railroad soundtrack, Grizzly Peaks Airfield music loop. I don't know if you've ever heard of the The Magic of Voices. Its basically The Voices of Liberty. They have some great acapella songs. Its really amazing. I also love listening to the MK enterance and main street loops as well as Epcots entereance loop. I don't know if you've you've gotten the Disneyland Legacy CDs but they are awesome as well. I am going to have to check out Kilimanjaro Safaris Music. That could be really good.

:rotfl: I know right! That's a funny vision :laughing: I'm confident he would perform with a lot of enthusiasm, he loves that scene :rotfl:

I've just checked out the YouTube channel, its great! I don't really have any Disneyland music on my iPod so it's nice to hear some fresh loops :goodvibes I didn't know about The Magic of Voices but I've just listed to them, they're amazing! The You Can Fly video gave me chills! Thanks for sharing :goodvibes

Just finished reading your last report, and I can't wait to hear more about this trip!

Hey, thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it :goodvibes

Day 2
Tuesday 15th September 2015

Part 1 – A morning at Disneyland (part 1)

Good morning!

Today we were spending some time in both parks.
Every day on our trip, the Disneyland park had Extra Magic Hours from 8am-10am.
So we were heading there for the morning, then crossing over to Walt Disney Studios in the afternoon!

But as we all know, a magical day at Disney always starts with a magical breakfast.

And ours was complimentary from this fine establishment!

22762720930_6fd8f9b797_c.jpg

California Grill number 1 of 2 for 2015!

This is one of the restaurants in our hotel, and strangely, it’s nothing like the Cali Grill WE all know and love.
The décor is more like the Grand Floridian Café, except it’s gold and beautiful and just :lovestruc

22313582103_f4c5005875_b.jpg

Plus, this was the view from our table!

22934721845_bbb6d988c2_c.jpg

The breakfast is an all you can eat buffet with pastries, cereal, and yoghurts, as well as hot breakfast items such as sausage, bacon, eggs, baked beans and hash browns.

22516437998_0bfbc9198d_b.jpg

Yum! Nothing beats a cooked breakfast.

We finished up and left for DLP at 8:45am.

22542579459_deda89f44a_b.jpg

Rainy morning!

22934712005_b2b0a8e7ed_b.jpg

22934707585_d64960e4e4_c.jpg

We decided to walk through the castle, because WE CAN.

22313561033_4f4b11fb5b_c.jpg

There’s no restaurant inside this castle, but the passage is beautifully decorated.

You can go up a floor where there are open book displays, huge tapestries and stained glass windows telling the story of Sleeping Beauty!
You can even go outside onto a “balcony” area to look out over Fantasyland (although we didn’t for some reason).

22934700115_63244733b8_c.jpg

22313552053_bec247730d_c.jpg

22934690625_545554300a_b.jpg

22313151893_7b4c77d689_b.jpg

Anyway, our first stop in Fantasyland was Peter Pan!

It was 9am so we were well into extra magic hours, but we still walked straight on!
WHAT.

22516395588_c7b2e1199f_b.jpg

This is pretty much the same as WDW; it’s only slightly different. Notably you fly a lot “closer” to some of the characters/scenes (ie. they are much bigger).

Of course, I wouldn’t be a true Disney fan/Disney photographer if I didn’t come out with an artistic Peter Pan photo.

22516326067_13b4c59d58_b.jpg

You’re welcome.

After our trip to Neverland we decided to stay out among the stars and FIGHT EMPEROR ZURG.

Here’s my hand-held gun.
UGH I wish so much that WDW’s Buzz ride had hand-held guns.

22542539399_6f8ebfa933_b.jpg

I was starting to get a little better!
Well, better than my last score of 34,600… :laughing:
And I reclaimed my crown from James.
AND THAT’S ALL THAT REALLY MATTERS.

22934673225_91f9e17230_b.jpg

Our big breakfasts were still settling, so of course, we headed over to Space Mountain.
:confused3

The morning fog had almost cleared up completely.
It was beautiful out!

22934670075_82d5894df0_c.jpg

22516308417_cb1d1550e6_b.jpg

22934661325_c0a0cf8281_b.jpg

Something I always remember with Space Mountain is HOWWW LONGGG the queue area is.
Seriously, they could make a Run Disney event out of this line and actually getting to the coaster is your accomplishment.

Ok it’s not that long.
But it’s pretty long.

I guess the ride is totally worth it :thumbsup2

We made it back down to earth after three intergalactic missions (Peter Pan is intergalactic, please don’t question it. :laughing:) and we headed back to the hub while we decided where to go next.

This Main Street horse and I shared a moment.
I think it was half love, half jealousy, because I want his job.

22632401614_3bbde111e7_b.jpg

22516365968_70be077a96_b.jpg

22921241092_cb5ce2a531_c.jpg

Soon enough we were heading back to Fantasyland towards the Tea Cups!

First we came to the Alice in Wonderland themed maze, called Alice’s Curious Labyrinth.
AKA. The most difficult maze in the entire world.

22516357948_08c0166bfe_b.jpg

The centre of the maze is the castle you can see to the right of the photo above, so it’s really embarrassing when 5 year old kids are looking out from the top of the castle and judging you because you’re lost and having a mental breakdown in the bushes.

We did not try it this year :laughing:

We did stop for this photo opportunity though.
James’ facial expression is clearly that of maze-related childhood trauma.

22746634560_8eb5128b97_b.jpg

Tea Cups time!

22934634985_8050d9a1f4_b.jpg

Hannah decided to sit this one out, and I don’t blame her!
On two separate occasions I’ve witnessed people puking in the bushes outside WDW’s Mad Tea Party :rotfl:

She did NOT want to be THAT guy!

Dad adopted the role of Chief Spinner, while we sat back and relaxed (and I occasionally begged him to slow down.)

22311911894_32b9961d4b_b.jpg

I was super dizzy afterwards!
But I had to quickly move past it and get my power walk on, because as soon as we got off I spotted THESE precious critters walking around on their own!!!
(Not even with character attendants, they legit looked like tourists wandering through Fantasyland :laughing:)

22934625385_eaf9bf6e22_c.jpg

SUZY!!!!

….AND PERLA!!!!

22746614260_d8c515143e_c.jpg

OMG.

Just wow.

What a great day this was turning out to be.

Click for Day 2, Part 2!

Last edited:
Really enjoying your trip report so far. After many visits to DisneyWorld, we are in the (very) early stages of planning an anniversary trip to Paris, and of course DLP, so looking forward to that part of your report! ....and congrats on your degree!

Day 2
Tuesday 15th September 2015
Part 2 – A morning at Disneyland (part 2)

After I had finally gotten over the excitement of meeting Suzy and Perla we went back for another game of Buzz.
Because, you know.
This time I scored 262,400 – I’m improving!
(This super blurry photo is the only photo I got, but if I don’t include it then it didn’t happen. So here it is.)

22746331570_575ec62a59_b.jpg

Then we headed across the park towards Adventureland!

Everybody must get so sick of me stopping in my tracks to gawk at the castle :laughing: I told them to just leave me behind after Day 1.

22908642036_e52c072f7e_b.jpg

Ok, Adventureland!
This entrance to Adventureland is so insanely great.
It’s Aladdin themed!

22311894844_dcab4cc4ea_b.jpg

22311888524_fd7a562eed_b.jpg

One of the first things you come to through this entrance is Aladdin’s Enchanted Passage!

22311883994_ca223dd286_b.jpg

(The key to learning French is to just read backwards :thumbsup2)

This is just a little walkthrough of different scenes from Aladdin with moving figures.

I really like it because they play dramatic Aladdin music.

22746589140_e3d6487b3b_c.jpg

The scenes look great...

22746584760_a1f82d942c_b.jpg

...but they look EVEN BETTER when you zoom in on the faces…

22921175992_490024c6d8_b.jpg

22921170272_26febb7881_b.jpg

I found this HILARIOUS at the time. I even dragged everyone back to look at Aladdin’s face.
He reminds me of the “you don’t say” meme :laughing:

latest

Ok, moooooving on.

22313433993_b25392cc84_c.jpg

22908598576_b8beab0304_b.jpg

What a great place to be.

When we exited we went into the nearby gift shop (La Girafe Curieuse).
Yum and wow, it was such a great experience.
They sold Animal Kingdom and Market Place Co Op merchandise!!!

22542432839_82ed508d61_c.jpg

They also had Enchanted Tiki Room merch, and they don’t even have an Enchanted Tiki Room!!
I was loving it.

22945712051_b868b3db9c_b.jpg

22313415243_ea8810e68e_b.jpg

They also had some really unique plush toys that I hadn’t seen anywhere before.

22921140592_ef1b27000c_c.jpg

I wish I’d bought myself a Genie plush.
I am full of regret.

22908573316_b8f426bd2f_b.jpg

Or Rafiki.
I love that he’s meditating! :lovestruc

22313400003_70b9a02b17_b.jpg

After browsing the store we walked next door to Frontierland to ride Thunder Mountain.

Something amazing that we experience EVERY TIME we visit Disneyland Paris, is that the line for Thunder Mountain is split by fencing into two separate queues that run alongside each other.

And, OMG, the herd mentality is SO real with this one.

SO. MANY. PEOPLE. All join one queue, leaving the other one completely empty.

It is hilarious.

I cannot tell you how many times over the years we’ve entered the empty line and walked past basically EVERYONE waiting in the 30+ minute queue and walked straight onto the ride.
(This is one of my number one tips for anyone visiting DLP…
KNOW THAT THERE ARE TWO LINES AT THUNDER MOUNTAIN!!!
AND JOIN THE SHORTER ONE!!!)

Anyway, we were thrilled to see that our not-so-secret (seriously-guys-it’s-right-next-to-you) line was completely empty today!
So we walked right on!!

22908564356_0edc2e9461_c.jpg

James got goofy with the ride photo.
(Oh yeah, there’s a ride photo at DLP’s Thunder Mountain!)

22934533055_dda90fb3b0_b.jpg

After Thunder Mountain we headed back around to Adventureland to ride Indiana Jones!
This is not at all like Anaheim’s Indiana Jones, this is just a rickety outdoor roller coaster that loops a few of times.

22746524470_1f9f369474_b.jpg

However, I almost had to be dragged onto this one…

When I say this is a rickety roller coaster, I’m talking “coming off the ride with concussion” level rickety.

Every time I go on this, my head bashes from side to side against the shoulder harness so much, and I come off it with such a headache.

I tried to explain this to my family, and they totally did not remember it that way.
They were all like “Well I don’t remember it being like that, I’ve never had that problem on this ride…”

WELL, THIS VIDEO FOOTAGE SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.

:rotfl2:

PAIN.

Everyone changed their minds and ended up totally agreeing with me on this one.
Especially James, as you can hear :laughing:

We needed to walk this one off, so we walked up Main Street, out of Disneyland Park, under our hotel, and made a right towards the Walt Disney Studios park!

22313383293_f68bb31d20_b.jpg

See you later, Disneyland Park!

22516230668_f97cce5187_b.jpg

Click for Day 2, Part 3!

Last edited:
Really enjoying your trip report so far. After many visits to DisneyWorld, we are in the (very) early stages of planning an anniversary trip to Paris, and of course DLP, so looking forward to that part of your report! ....and congrats on your degree!

Thank you :goodvibes That sounds amazing, I hope you have a great time! SEE DISNEY DREAMS! :thumbsup2 And thank you for the congrats!!!

Hi Katie! I'm loving your TR so far! I'm such a fangirl when it comes to castles especially pink ones!

Hey! Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it :goodvibes It's beautiful isn't it! It might be my favourite castle :lovestruc

Hi Katie! Your trip reports are so fun to read! Thanks for sharing your adventures! :-)
Hey, thanks so much!!! Thank YOU for reading! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter