Everything You Do, CELEBRATE YOU! - Polynesian - Club Level - TPV

I'm so happy to be all caught up... I've been MIA from the Disboards lately because of moving and I've missed your trip report!

As a side note, I was picked as the rebel spy during our last trip in October and I'm pretty sure it's because we had the "Just Engaged" buttons on! They let us skip the line completely and go in a side entrance too. It was pretty exciting! Soooo maybe getting engaged there would do the trick?!:rotfl:

So glad you had such a great time at 1900 PF. I try to avoid things with face characters because I'm an extremely awkward turtle and have nothing to say :blush: I end up going to places with characters where they can't speak and just gesture. I need to try it though because it looks delicious!

I totally understand you wanting to avoid the face character meals! However, the Tremaines would make you feel totally comfortable! They're hilarious and full of character, they'll always form some kind of ridiculous conversation with you :goodvibes

Hi Katie I'm new to the boards but have fallen in love with your reports!! They r so fun, luv from gem UK x x

Hello fellow Brit!! Aww I'm glad you've been enjoying them :goodvibes thanks for reading!

Great update and pics as always!!! Especially...the foooood!!! And just wow...I can't imagine that you got to stay at the GF for 7 whole days once...I would love that but at the same time...you'd feel like you have to spend a lot of time at the resort to make the most of it I think lol

Thank you! I can't even believe we stayed at the Grand, like I said in the update, I visited every year for breakfast, I never would've thought I'd be staying there! I was definitely conflicted about going to the parks and staying in to appreciate the hotel :confused3 I'm pretty happy with how it went, although I'd do anything to stay in that room again, I miss it! :goodvibes

AWESOME!!! Just AWESOME!!! Good ol' Hymie!!!

So let it be written, so let it be done!!

:rotfl: this made me laugh :lmao:

Hi Katie :) I'm a secret lurker on these boards, but I fell in love with your trip report from last year!

When we went to Disney this past November, and boarded Star Tours, I kept thinking how you mentioned you never get to be the rebel spy. Lo and behold, my first trip, I got picked! It felt pretty magical ;)

Yay welcome out of lurkdom! Oh for goodness sake. HOW did you do it!? :confused3 :laughing: That is such a slap in the face :sad2: I try SO hard!!!!!! I smile at everyone, I keep my head up and facing forward once I'm sat down.. What more do they want from me??!?!? Teach me your magic :laughing:

Awesome update, Katie! Reading this has really cheered me up on a not so good day here. I am imagining myself at the Grand Floridian now! :)

Aww bless you. That's so nice to hear :goodvibes Hope your days have gotten better :hug:

UGH! Waiting for the bus at the end of the night sucks!!! If we don't rent a car for our trip what we usually do is take the bus in the morning and then grab a taxi for the ride home. Especially if the wait is really long. And it's not just deluxe. I've waited many times for over an hour for a bus to Pop and for a bus to POR. It's ridiculous. Though I will say that it seems a huge travesty that the deluxe resorts sometimes share buses. We were leaving the Contemporary after eating at Cali Grill and wanted to go back to POR (this was before my taxi rule) and we waited for a bus to DTD. (At this time, the monorail wasn't running so we couldn't take it to MK or the TTC, though looking back we should have gotten off at the Poly and walked to the TTC) The bus ended up being so packed that when we stopped at the GF and the Poly, only a few people could get on at each place. It was madness. I would have been so mad to have paid all that money to stay at a deluxe and to have to share a bus between THREE resorts.

Ahh getting a car sounds like a good plan, we always consider it, but because we're British we're a little timid about driving on the other side of the car AND the other side of the road... and using an automatic instead of a manual..although that's probably not an issue. It's quite daunting though!!! We'll be at AKL for three weeks this year so we'll probably use Uber a little more - from what I've heard buses out there can be bad! Yep yep tell me about it with the Poly and Grand sharing. And like I said in a previous post, getting to Animal Kingdom feels like a real effort because we got on at the Poly, the stopped at the Grand, then stopped at Blizzard, and then finally arrived at Animal Kingdom... Like why. :sad2: I guess it's a free service, if I start complaining about it Disney will start charging :laughing: I just don't want to wait an hour after a long day!!!

Ahh! Thanks for even more gorgeous resort photos! :lovestruc
DH thinks that the Grand looks like "a turn-of-the-century TB hospital" (his words, not mine!) but I love it.

Bahaha, but a nice TB hospital right..?!? :rotfl:

I am obsessed with your 1900 Park Fare photos; you guys are so lucky that you got to meet Lady Tremaine and her lovely daughters when they were in such top form. But you'd better get Prince Hymie on lockdown before Drizella starts sending out Save-the-Dates for their upcoming nuptials!!

The sisters were on point! We still laugh about Drizella, I even considered booking it again to go back and see them. But there's too much Disney food to try! Also I don't want to go out to Orlando as a couple, and return as a single... what a sad TR that would be. The year Drizella stole my man :rotfl2:

How can you just drop a comment like this into your TR without elaborating?!
I would like to politely request that Jamie film a human vacuum tutorial ASAP. :rotfl:

Bahahah he's actually in the USA right now, but that means I have a couple of weeks to find a way to trick him into doing this :lmao:

Stop being perfect.
JK.
NEVER STOP.

THANKS FRIEND I WONT :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I think I may have posted before about us being there the same time as you guys! But I can't remember lol. Anyway I finally caught up on your trip report. I was having a little bit of Disney depression after my amazing trip and not being able to go back this year :worried: Buuut we started planning a trip for 2017, so I finally brought myself back to the Dis! Sorry I ramble lol. I absolutely love your trip report, you crack me up. We did happen to be at a few of the same parks at the same time. ( those late magic kingdom and Hollywood studio days) and we were at the same Fantasmic!
I wondered if I would spot myself in any of your Photos :wave: but no luck. Lol

That's so good that you've started planning a 2017 trip!!! That's the best way to cure the Disney blues. Well that and writing a TR.. You should write one! I'm so glad you're enjoying mine! And that's crazy that you were at the same Fantasmic!! What a small world :goodvibes keep checking the background of my photos, how funny if you are in the back of any ::yes::

Ordered an Uber at U-ner.

U-ner is my Grandma's name!!!

... Well Euna. (Yoo-na) Short for Euphemia, what a great name :cutie:

Tell him he sort of looks like him... but only in one aspect.
Don't tell him what it is.

That would drive him crazy.. I LOVE IT. pirate:

How does one run a behind schedule? Is it based on tushy size? And if you don't like it, too bad, no buts allowed? Bummer.

I would guess that's the reason they run behind schedule at Biergarten :lmao: that's set up like benches right? I've never been I don't really know what I'm talking about :confused3

You did! I can provide a link to the TR if you like.

Thanks but I think I remember it :rotfl2:

I'm actually interested in what's behind the horse, on the wall.
Is it a glockenspiel?

I believe that's an organ and it's called Big Bertha!!!!!

Murderer!!!!

91726087-75a6-4c50-b2fd-5cac4ce0f6cc_text.gif

Who doesn't? Ask me what we had for dinner tonight.

What did you have for dinner tonight?

:lmao: Katie never did eat that day. Unfortunately, they continued to do character meals and eventually she starved to death.

This is literally how my death will happen. I can't stand the thought of missing a character and having to wait an hour for them to come back, I just throw my food on the floor and hightail it back to the table.

So Prince = dull.
Boring. I'll take non-princedom any day.

Wait.

They have lots of money, don't they?

Can I change my answer?

:rotfl2: You can have any man you want dear!

Whoa!

er... uh...

I apologize ... I profusely apologize for posting in between your updates.

(Gad, I hope that's enough... she'll kill me!)

tumblr_nocuhzDA5k1u8zsalo1_500.gif

But she's had more practice.
You'll get it.

Aww thanks Dad!

Really! Is it not that popular on your side of the pond? Or you just never got around to it?

Hmm I don't really know. I never have it so to me it seems unpopular.. But maybe there are plenty of places that sell it that I don't know about. It's definitely a thing, I just don't know how much of a thing it is here. What am I even saying.

::yes:: Makes me want to go... just to see them.

You should! And film the interaction!

You can stop right there.
Nothing better than rice crispy treat.

BUT.... BREAD PUDDING?

Sure. Why not. That's why it's a buffet.
Heck. If you want to start with dessert and work your way backwards, you can!

Having sweet food before/with savoury food is against the law. The only exception in the entire world is F&W's Hawaiian pork slider.

I thought I knew. The inside of your arms are going to be lighter, but... they match your face.
Unless... Sunscreen on face and neck only? Or none on legs?

I use sunscreen everywhere! That does seem to be the inside of my arms showing, but there's really no reason why my legs should look so orange..

f3daeb9c2442081fcef4437fcbdc6750.jpg

(I almost guarantee no one will, but if anyone notices this picture and knows what it's from, I will literally love and cherish you forever.)

I can do that if you really want it.

Really?! Well if it doesn't take long........ If it does don't worry about it!

But good weird, right?

YES! The theater is pretty and the hat was kinda tacky.. I think my only problem is that DHS doesn't really have an icon anymore... I feel like it needs it's icon right there when you walk in but I don't know what it should be / don't necessarily want it to cover the theater. :confused3

:laughing: I didn't even know that was a thing!
Now I want to be the rebel spy!

Yes!

latest

I swear on my life, the day I am chosen as the rebel spy I WILL buy this shirt (as long as they have my size). And I won't buy it a day sooner out of principle. :thumbsup2 I've tried in 2012, 2014 and 2015.. I cannot believe they haven't chosen me yet!!!! The injustice!!! :sad:

What??? Unacceptable! I demand a full refund of the entire vacation!

HAHA. Well at least you believe me!!! This reminded me of a thread on the theme parks attractions and strategies board (where else... :rolleyes1) where a girl said "omg XXXXX happened at fantasmic!!" and everyone hounded her for lying about it and was really rude, it was brutal.. then she popped back up a couple of weeks later and was like "so yeah.. here's a video of the night and the event I was talking about..." :rotfl2: YOU GO GIRL.

I always forget you can drink alcohol in the parks.
I've only done it once (Grey Goose Slush)

:laughing: What?!?!?

I don't have a clue.

:lmao: If I tried that it would be "Oh no! He took out the pretzel cart!"

:rotfl2: sounds like you have pretty similar cartwheel abilities!!

Of course, i'm DYING!!!:rotfl2:

:rotfl::rotfl2:STOOPPP!!

:lmao: "I'm a beautiful butterfly!"

MOJe1ek.gif

Such an odd combination. It's like my brother. If we BBQ tri-tip, he'll have a glass of water, iced tea (Cause he loves the sweet tea I make) and a glass of wine and he'll really drink from all three!

Iced tea and wine? EW WHY.

Right?! You're timing has got to be perfect.

Girl character meals are tough!! And literally the definition of a first world problem :laughing:

A portrait?! Amazing.

Haha! It's like he's been plucked right out of the 1700s (or wherever he's from?)

:lmao:What a fantastic interaction you guys had with her! And she kept it up after she left you! Brilliant!

She was SO much fun! I love when they pay so much attention to two adults :laughing:

Girl, you have not seen Orange until you've been to CA. You are definitely not Orange, that is a nice tan you've got going on, trust.

Ok good. This is reassuring. Also, you guys probably haven't seen WHITE until you've been over to our neck of the woods..!!

funny-pale-irish-girl-sun-bathing-sand-pics-e1425492261167.jpg

:rotfl:

Ugh, Katie you're such a beaver!

Yay you've upgraded from a beaver to a..... I just realized, Disney can be so perverted :lmao:

beaver.gif~c200

STOP IT ALICIA this is a family place. :sad2:

Same!!! I WILL get that rebel spy one day and spend an exorbitant amount on that shirt!:laughing:

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this obsession! Jamie's like, "why don't you just buy it?" ... Errrrrm WHAT so I'll just live a lie? No thank you.

Ugh and no video. Can you just get the security footage please and thanks.

This is necessary, it was really something.

You said it, but I've always thought it:scared: I understand there's at least twice as many people staying at Pop or AoA so they need those extra buses, but dang it we have places to be too!

Dang it indeed!!! Yeah that's a good point, there are more people staying there... BUT STILL. Those people at the front of the line had been waiting 50 minutes!!! I enjoyed Uber this year, maybe we'll use it a bit more this year :goodvibes

Yay! That's so exciting!!! Yeah, I totally get it, I didn't feel like doing a PTR for my summer trip, it would have been a bit too much. But yes, I am definitely doing a TR for the trip!!!

Wooo! Please tag me in it or tell me when you've started it, I'm not very good at checking the actual TR board I just go to my watched threads list :thumbsup2

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I love this! The stepsisters are the best part of that meal! How lucky you and Jamie were given a little extra attention:thumbsup2

I know! I totally understand that they should be spending the most time with tables with kids, but this was SO good!!! Drizella especially spent so much time with us :goodvibes
:rotfl2: For the record, I really love this picture, so cool!

Thanks, me too!! I love the big chandelier behind me, if I can drag my eyes aways from my orange legs :rotfl2:

You guys are too cute:lovestruc

Oww thank you!

Looking forward to hearing about your time at F&W!

Yay coming soon :goodvibes Thanks for reading!

OH NO!! Gummy bear casualty!

:laughing: I'm just glad it wasn't red, then it would've looked like I'd stood on a small animal... IT WAS EVERYWHERE.

HAHA! This is too funny! What a great experience. The competitive picture made it that much better!

It was great, I highly recommend it!

I completely agree with this. I feel like they think since the higher population of guests are at the values with more families, they send more buses their way. It should all be equal at the end of the night. That was one of our biggest gripes about our April/May trip. We had waited a lot for buses at AKL and the POLY.

I hadn't really considered the fact that the values have more people staying, so it makes a little more sense. But for those people who had been sat waiting to get back to the Poly for 50 minutes, there's really no justifying it! Especially when they advertise "approximately every 20 minutes"... MEH it's fine, it's not like we had anywhere to be, just tired!

I'm so happy to be all caught up... I've been MIA from the Disboards lately because of moving and I've missed your trip report!

As a side note, I was picked as the rebel spy during our last trip in October and I'm pretty sure it's because we had the "Just Engaged" buttons on! They let us skip the line completely and go in a side entrance too. It was pretty exciting! Soooo maybe getting engaged there would do the trick?!:rotfl:

Haven't we all been MIA!! Don't worry about falling behind there's no rushing here :thumbsup2 Oh no you di'nt! That's awesome. Jamie and I will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary this year so maybe that'll do the trick... :confused3 :laughing: LOL I act so desperate but I really shouldn't care that much.. it's just the principle, you know?! Four years ago I stood in that store and said "The day I'm the rebel spy, I will buy this t shirt." HOW have I spent so much time there and still haven't been chosen??? It's an abomination. (I don't even really care about Star Wars :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:)

Day 8
Tuesday 29th September 2015
Part 1 – One little spark... Can make you queazy.

Hello Walt Disney World, it’s Epcot Food & Wine day!

We got up at around 9am and got some breakfast from the lounge.
Because stuffing your face with carbs before going to Food & Wine is the logical thing to do.
:rolleyes2

27102923294_23a093de71_b.jpg

We left the room and walked to the TTC at around 10:15am.

It was pretty gloomy out this morning.
It was nice weather for, well…

27104739973_4e62ec99b1_b.jpg

At least it wasn’t scorching hot.

27614405132_d1359008bd_b.jpg

I took a couple of pictures of the beachside of our longhouse.

This is where the lounge is:

27102902354_435bc5c888_b.jpg

Down Hawaii longhouse:

27614398362_02f819c439_b.jpg

And here’s our room; the one on the top floor, on the right of the two you can see fully.

27614394892_0e6fb641a9_b.jpg

The TTC is a really short walk through the Poly. I really think this is the best resort for transportation.

27614388682_9eaa4656b1_b.jpg

At 10:45am we were pulling into Epcot!

27614377632_8fc0699ac5_b.jpg

First on the agenda today was using our fastpass for Soarin’, so we headed straight for The Land.

27104715743_43836632de_b.jpg

27681170746_47e3450fb6_b.jpg

We were on row 2!

27715121995_6bf274d0b7_b.jpg

We soared high and we smelled smells and we were almost hit by fireworks. Good times.
Soarin’ is such fun. I’m sad yet excited to see it change.
At least, from what I hear, the music is pretty much the same :goodvibes

Then we decided to do Living With The Land!
I love this attraction, Jamie is not so sure. :laughing:

27104712723_09a046933c_b.jpg

27715108515_9f978f78f5_b.jpg

27614353562_608c2a8a51_c.jpg

IT’S INTERESTING OK.
Sheeeeesh.

More ducks!

27436895470_e39d2c029f_b.jpg

Next we headed up to do something unfamiliar to us… Journey into Imagination…

27436884870_e4a78bc383_b.jpg

Jamie and I have never done this… and if I did it as a child I don’t remember it at all.

But here goes nothing.

27640442421_eed3661351_b.jpg

latest

h4dyxas.gif

Well that was weird.

What even is this?!
It was like an acid trip!
And it’s not even really about the imagination?
I just don’t understand.

Although we do like that it’s spoofed in South Park. At least now we can appreciate that reference!

imaginationland_zps6d29f9d4.gif~original

We exited the ride and played the Figment instruments.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Then we headed to the store at the front of World Showcase and topped up our little Food and Wine gift card wrist-band thingy.

I appreciate these posters.

27614332222_fb3e584ef2_c.jpg

We headed straight to the Canada kiosk.
Oh boy.

27614328962_2842f9b758_c.jpg

We shared both the cheddar cheese soup AND the filet.

27614326682_20289131bb_b.jpg

Omg I’m drooling just looking at it.
This is where we ate! What a perfect view.
27104690803_50cdfdc144_b.jpg

It was really amazing.
The filet was delicious and the mushrooms really complimented it!
And the cheddar cheese soup?
YUM AND WOW.
SO good.
I’m a cheese fiend so this is right up my alley.
I had it at Le Cellier in 2012 and it was just as good as I remembered.
The Canada kiosk is definitely a highlight of Food and Wine, so expect long lines, but it’s so worth it.

When the deliciousness was over we continued around and decided to get a drink from the Rose & Crown!

27436853760_9401638336_b.jpg

As a Brit I can attest to this place perfectly portraying a British pub.

27436848120_106d2855f9_b.jpg

Jamie got a Stella and I got a Pimm’s!

27102849044_5896ba2657_c.jpg

It was delicious and there was lots of fruit in it!
British people love to drink Pimm's when it’s warm so this was an excellent choice :goodvibes

We stood at a table outside the pub to drink our drinks.

This is what happens when I stop running around Disney and relax for a second… I can take a kind of artistic picture if I try, right?!

27640413281_6099cd80c0_b.jpg

I kinda like how it came out. I wish I could be bothered to do this more often at Disney.

We decided to take our drinks and wander through the UK pavilion.

27102842374_9dee6d911c_b.jpg

27640401681_1d594bc7ae_b.jpg

It still amuses me that they sell Jacob’s Cream Crackers in Epcot.
Also, Yorkshire puddings in the bottom right!! That’s representing my home county (South Yorkshire)!!

27640398541_074336f8ee_b.jpg

27614299612_4ac17feb5b_b.jpg

27681114666_1dc84da61d_b.jpg

This pavilion is really pretty, it makes me proud.
I’m so glad they don’t show you what the UK is really like.

:laughing:

Just kidding!
There are many pretty areas just like this and I love my country.
Just some parts more than others :thumbsup2

27436819130_3ee5c46033_b.jpg

Click for Day 8, Part 2!

Last edited:
Day 8
Tuesday 29th September 2015
Part 2 – You didn't like the chokey did you?

We left the UK pavilion and wandered a little.

27436818160_9db821436c_b.jpg

Then we decided to go back to Canada to catch the Lumberjack show!

27640382831_d2a62b29ae_b.jpg

It was fun! They did wood chopping and axe throwing.

27715011415_c7f4b4e9dc_b.jpg

But the highlight was definitely the log-rolling.

27715009555_eff1137723_b.jpg

Funny! We got really into it.

They would also do “nonchalant” poses for the cameras :laughing:

27681087436_659b4fe90a_b.jpg

We both enjoyed it!
Although when you’ve seen it once you don’t really need to see it again.
But I’m glad we got to see them before they got… AXED.

I’m funny.

After the show we headed back to the UK pavilion and looked in some of the stores.
Then we continued around to France.

27715001585_6d8f63326f_b.jpg

27681074966_2e1056dda8_b.jpg

I wanted to try some ice cream from this pretty establishment!

27681066356_af2fded03f_c.jpg

27681060086_b3f1011b21_b.jpg

We went for Nougat with Honey and Nuts.

27104625083_4915c42a11_b.jpg

Honestly this place is awesome and really authentic and the ice creams all look super good.
Sadly I chose the wrong flavour.
This is just a personal preference thing.
But it had a lemon flavour to it, which wasn’t advertised…
And I HATE LEMON.
So it’s mainly my problem, but I do blame them partly, because you should really advertise that distinct flavour in the listing…
But oh well.
I’m eager to go back and try something else!

It started raining a little, so we stood under the canopy outside Monsieur Paul while Jamie ate my ice cream.

27714977605_9541b54e34_b.jpg

It was now 1:45pm and we decided to head home for a bit because of the rain, and there was some football on that Jamie wanted to watch.
But have no fear, we will be back later on!

27714973345_7faf0520f2_b.jpg

On the way out we stopped at a fastpass kiosk and got two passes for Test Track later!
Woo!

We got the monorail back to over to the Poly.

Ahhh the room looks so nice when mousekeeping have been :goodvibes

27102783144_4be3c0380a_c.jpg

I had a power nap for a while and it was fantastic.
I felt so refreshed afterwards.

Looking back at my photos, this next part baffles me, I’m not quite sure how this happened.

We went to the lounge at 5:05pm and got some bites to eat.

27681021846_9d56a27d05_b.jpg

27714960745_8b7411718c_b.jpg

27640319421_440b869d20_b.jpg

Then at 5:13pm, we were at the TTC.:confused3

27640315471_6d25304985_b.jpg

Eight minutes after getting to the lounge
So I think we took our plates with us on the walk!

I do seem to remember enjoying an authentic Polynesian inspired uncrustable as I walked along the beach.

Anywho!

We went back to Epcot
It was raining while we were on the monorail, but it stopped as soon as we arrived.
Disney magic.

27714950895_10dcf302d2_b.jpg

We went to use our fastpass at Test Track but it was reallyyyy busy.
The ride was down earlier due to the rain, so everyone was trying to return now.

27436766330_893cce1bf8_b.jpg

We decided to try and make a super-car with a super-score, but we were rushed along and didn’t get to finish it, so we weren’t very happy with it.

27714941675_f3750fb95c_b.jpg

It did good but not great.
We vowed to come back later and try for real!

27436757460_1e0ab97936_b.jpg

27102496124_bf598b3733_b.jpg

I tried out the cars in the showroom after the ride.
Gahh I’ve always wanted a big car.

27436753160_88d8e77c70_b.jpg

When we left, THIS was the standby wait time for Test Track…

27102734864_70e7ca2334_b.jpg

110 minutes!
No thanks.
We’d be back later.

But YAY Test Track!

27436745940_9c0ee4a191_b.jpg

Next we decided to ride Mission: Space, since we skipped it entirely last year!

27104566913_04c627b882_b.jpg

We rode on the Orange team in 2012 and I felt SO weird afterwards.
Not pukey but like, dizzy and headachy.
So I wanted to ride on the Green team this time, which Jamie was fine with, bless his soul.

Well I still hated it.
I guess the concept is kinda fun.
But that is one heck of a small space you’re crammed into.
And I never get claustrophobic.
But it reminds me of Matilda in the chokey.

chokey.gif

Not OK.

Anyway, we played around in the gift shop afterwards.
I wanted Jamie to buy this and wear it for the rest of the night :laughing:

27640283901_c68892663c_c.jpg

Click for Day 8, Part 3!

Last edited:
1900 Park Fare!
This was our first time eating here together!
Ahh we have an ADR for this in November. It's been awhile since I have ate here but looks yummy and fun!

I was sad to see her go.
I’ve heard/seen videos of how hilarious the stepsisters can be, and they definitely delivered!
I knew they were good with littles from a past trip with my niece but I accidentally stumbled upon the line when I was waiting to meet my cousin after splitting up for a few rides. They were a hoot! Lady T seen my wedding bands and asked for some tips to get her girls a husband. I was really blown away with this experience since I had never met them without a little in tow. We didn't have any intentions of meeting characters this past trip but the first day we met a few and decided it was just as much fun as when we were little. Who knew:confused3

It was really amazing.
The filet was delicious and the mushrooms really complimented it!
One of the few things I actually had from Food and Wine and it was amazing!

Well I still hated it.
I guess the concept is kinda fun.
Never thought of it this way but it is a good reference when trying to explain to somebody.

Can't wait to read more!:thumbsup2

:rotfl2: I can't believe I'm only on day 7... I have a few days written out though, I really need to sort my life out and POST!

I can never believe how long it takes me to get through these TR's!! I really want to finish before we head off on our next trip!

Errrrrm YES. You need to trademark that idea immediately. Like dementors appear sporadically, and Voldemort.. and at some point someone would have to run into Diagon Alley and scream "TROLL IN THE DUNGEON" and a giant troll joins the party. Oh wow this needs to happen. I would definitely go!!! Pitch it to Universal please!!

AND... dangling giant spiders
latest

EJD48.gif

It would be SO MUCH FUN!!! They already have the setting good to go!! You know what... I think I just might lol

YES GOOD!! I feel like it's unappreciated, we never notice a line at all :confused3

Ye which is totally awesome because I like to ride at least three times in a row!!

YOUR SOULS ARE MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

That red button has caused tension in our relationship... Like seriously. o_O :laughing:

Hahaha!!!!!! :lmao:

YAH MORE TRIP REPORT!!!!

So excited that we'll get to see the new video on our trip!

h4dyxas.gif

Well that was weird.

What even is this?!
I just don’t understand.

Hahahaha! I've never been on this either, I was planning to go on it this trip just because everyone is always talking about it!! Looks like it'll probably be a one and done!

Mmmmmmmmm looks yummy! We had both in 2014 as well... so so good!

This is what happens when I stop running around Disney and relax for a second… I can take a kind of artistic picture if I try, right?!

27640413281_6099cd80c0_b.jpg

Very impressive!!! I need to up my photography game!!!

I’m funny.​

bill-hader-kristen-wiig-fake-laugh.gif

Honestly this place is awesome and really authentic and the ice creams all look super good.
Sadly I chose the wrong flavour.
This is just a personal preference thing.
But it had a lemon flavour to it, which wasn’t advertised…
And I HATE LEMON.

This happened to me!!! But with a drink... in Le Cellier.. waitress recommended a cocktail that she said she drank 'like water' back home and the menu said it had spice in it but it was TABASCO OVERLOAD... I HATE tobasco drinks!!!!

Poor Jaime having to eat it all...

We decided to try and make a super-car with a super-score, but we were rushed along and didn’t get to finish it, so we weren’t very happy with it.

27714941675_f3750fb95c_b.jpg

It's so hard to make a good vehical in the time limit! You have to try get into all the add ons!! Hopefully you'll have better luck next time!

67 DAYS UNTIL WE LEAVE!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! Not much longer for you too!!!
giphy.gif

I'm a chronic lurker, but I had to come out of hiding to let you know how much I'm enjoying your trip report. It's just what I need to help recover from my post Poly blues from our trip in May. Your report is so entertaining and we appreciate all the effort you put into it!

Just like you find the cream crackers funny in the UK...I find it funny that they show this for Canada. I have seen axe throwers and wood choppers...once in my life...in Alaska which is NOT in Canada lol. I'm sure there must be parts of Canada where they do these things...but nowhere I have ever been lol.

Your Pimm's looked good....must try one next time I'm at a pub :)

We got up at around 9am and got some breakfast from the lounge.
Because stuffing your face with carbs before going to Food & Wine is the logical thing to do.

Sure. Makes total sense. Yup.

It was nice weather for, well…

27104739973_4e62ec99b1_b.jpg

For what? FOR WHAT??? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?

And here’s our room; the one on the top floor, on the right of the two you can see fully.

27614394892_0e6fb641a9_b.jpg

Stupid tree.

At 10:45am we were pulling into Epcot!

Pulling what? WHAT???!?!?

We soared high and we smelled smells and we were almost hit by fireworks. Good times.

When you say it like that, it sounds horrible! :laughing:

Soarin’ is such fun. I’m sad yet excited to see it change.

From what I've heard, the new one is really good.

Then we decided to do Living With The Land!
I love this attraction, Jamie is not so sure. :laughing:

I'm with Hymie.

IT’S INTERESTING OK.
Sheeeeesh.

OK!

Next we headed up to do something unfamiliar to us… Journey into Imagination…

Oh... no.... no.... please, God. No.

Well that was weird.

What even is this?!

And how exactly would you know this?? Hmmmm????

We exited the ride and played the Figment instruments.

Dang. At work.
I'll see it later.

topped up our little Food and Wine gift card wrist-band thingy.

I love it when you talk all technical like.

Omg I’m drooling just looking at it.

So... I take it you liked it.

::yes::

YUM AND WOW.
SO good.

And yet... I was only meh on the soup.
Maybe I'm just used to similar?

I’m a cheese fiend so this is right up my alley.

Got it. Don't come between Katie and her cheese.

As a Brit I can attest to this place perfectly portraying a British pub.

Good to know! I've never been in there.
Now I'll make a point of going in.

British people love to drink Pimm's when it’s warm so this was an excellent choice :goodvibes

This is weird. I always assumed Pimm's was a beer brand.
Thanks Google!
And... it sounds good!

right. :thumbsup2

I kinda like how it came out.

Me too!

That’s representing my home county (South Yorkshire)!!

Got it.
Now I have a general idea of where to go to stalk you.
Cool!

This pavilion is really pretty, it makes me proud.
I’m so glad they don’t show you what the UK is really like.

:lmao:

Then we decided to go back to Canada to catch the Lumberjack show!

He's a lumberjack and he's OK
He sleeps all night and he works all day.

Meh. I see this on every street corner all the time.

They would also do “nonchalant” poses for the cameras :laughing:

That's how we all stand.

I’m funny.

omg... :sad2: But I suppose in a Lumberjack show I should say that I saw that coming.

I took almost the exact same picture when I was there last year!

DSC08669_zpsypnpep4t.jpg

So that's where it is!

And I HATE LEMON.

What!!! :faint: (pkondz's favourite flavour)

We went to the lounge at 5:05pm and got some bites to eat.
Then at 5:13pm, we were at the TTC.:confused3

You fast girl!

It was raining while we were on the monorail, but it stopped as soon as we arrived.
Disney magic.

Glad to hear they put the dome up for you.

Gahh I’ve always wanted a big car.

Why?

When we left, THIS was the standby wait time for Test Track…

Ugh... no.

:laughing:

I wanted Jamie to buy this and wear it for the rest of the night :laughing:

And he didn't???? What is wrong with him??

What's a Pimm's? My favorite drink is in that pub. A Welch Dragon. SO so delicious. Well, if you like melon flavor.

Uncrustables have too much peanut butter for me.

Loved being a short walk to the TTC! Makes going to Epcot so easy! Mmmm, Pimm's! I didn't even know they had made them at Rose and Crown. We got traditional Shandy Lagers the last time, guess we were too excited about that. LOL! What a great Epcot day! Sorry your Ice Cream was not what you expected...that can be a bummer. Redo in order! :D

Wooo! Please tag me in it or tell me when you've started it, I'm not very good at checking the actual TR board I just go to my watched threads list :thumbsup2
Oh yes don't worry I will!
Well that was weird.

What even is this?!
I just don’t understand.
Yeah I agree, it is a very weird ride....at least Figment is pretty cute though!:figment:

27104690803_50cdfdc144_b.jpg
Oh my gosh both look and sound fantastic! And that is such a nice view to enjoy your food!
Ugh I really have to get to Food and Wine one Year!!!
We rode on the Orange team in 2012 and I felt SO weird afterwards.
Not pukey but like, dizzy and headachy.
So I wanted to ride on the Green team this time, which Jamie was fine with, bless his soul.
Yeah I'm not a fan of Mission:Space either, if anything I do the Green, but I can easily not go on it and not feel like I've missed anything. And the thing is, it never seems crowded, maybe they'll put something else there in years to come...

Ahh we have an ADR for this in November. It's been awhile since I have ate here but looks yummy and fun!

It is fun! You'll enjoy it I'm sure. I only really booked it for the characters but the food was surprisingly good so it exceeded my expectations :goodvibes

I knew they were good with littles from a past trip with my niece but I accidentally stumbled upon the line when I was waiting to meet my cousin after splitting up for a few rides. They were a hoot! Lady T seen my wedding bands and asked for some tips to get her girls a husband. I was really blown away with this experience since I had never met them without a little in tow. We didn't have any intentions of meeting characters this past trip but the first day we met a few and decided it was just as much fun as when we were little. Who knew:confused3

I love that they're so good with adults too :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more!:thumbsup2

Thanks for reading!

I can never believe how long it takes me to get through these TR's!! I really want to finish before we head off on our next trip!

Tell me about it I'm such a failure :laughing:

AND... dangling giant spiders
latest

EJD48.gif

It would be SO MUCH FUN!!! They already have the setting good to go!! You know what... I think I just might lol

This is so necessary. I would pay good money for it :thumbsup2

Ye which is totally awesome because I like to ride at least three times in a row!!

YOUR SOULS ARE MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rotfl2: I wonder if people avoid it because the entrance looks more like a theatre than a ride :confused3 Not complaining though!

So excited that we'll get to see the new video on our trip!

Yay! And Frozen has just opened! But WHAT is going on with Rivers Of Light :sad2:

Hahahaha! I've never been on this either, I was planning to go on it this trip just because everyone is always talking about it!! Looks like it'll probably be a one and done!

Yes it's gross avoid at all costs. :laughing:

Very impressive!!! I need to up my photography game!!!

:rotfl: Me operating a camera like:

Dog-Meme-I-Have-No-Idea-What-Im-Doing-10.jpg

:rotfl: Thanks for humouring me friend.

This happened to me!!! But with a drink... in Le Cellier.. waitress recommended a cocktail that she said she drank 'like water' back home and the menu said it had spice in it but it was TABASCO OVERLOAD... I HATE tobasco drinks!!!

What the heck I would be so mad!!

It's so hard to make a good vehical in the time limit! You have to try get into all the add ons!! Hopefully you'll have better luck next time!

We got pretty good at it.. :teeth: :teacher:

67 DAYS UNTIL WE LEAVE!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! Not much longer for you too!!!
giphy.gif

I'M SO EXCITEDDDD!!!

I'm a chronic lurker, but I had to come out of hiding to let you know how much I'm enjoying your trip report. It's just what I need to help recover from my post Poly blues from our trip in May. Your report is so entertaining and we appreciate all the effort you put into it!

Hey thanks!! I'm so glad you're enjoying it, really makes it worth it :goodvibes And welcome out of lurkdom :thumbsup2 :welcome:

Just like you find the cream crackers funny in the UK...I find it funny that they show this for Canada. I have seen axe throwers and wood choppers...once in my life...in Alaska which is NOT in Canada lol. I'm sure there must be parts of Canada where they do these things...but nowhere I have ever been lol.

Hahaha WHAT. I'm so disappointed to hear that this doesn't happen on every street corner :lmao:

For what? FOR WHAT??? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Look who's back :rotfl2:

From what I've heard, the new one is really good.

OK I watched the whole thing and completely ruined it for myself. I regret nothing.

I'm with Hymie.

You boring humans.

And how exactly would you know this?? Hmmmm????

:littleangel:

I love it when you talk all technical like.

Hahahah I don't really have a way with words, could you describe it more better..?! :laughing:

And yet... I was only meh on the soup.
Maybe I'm just used to similar?

If you can get similar to that cheese soup in your everyday life you on very very lucky.

This is weird. I always assumed Pimm's was a beer brand.
Thanks Google!
And... it sounds good!

Nope! Delicious fruity spirit :flower1:

Meh. I see this on every street corner all the time.

Hahah that's what I like to hear.

omg... :sad2: But I suppose in a Lumberjack show I should say that I saw that coming.

Sha-Labauff-Clapping.gif

I took almost the exact same picture when I was there last year!

DSC08669_zpsypnpep4t.jpg

I believe that's what I noticed it! I think it was you who I asked where to find this, and when I noticed it this year I was like "OH there's pkondz's photo!"

What!!! :faint: (pkondz's favourite flavour)

WHAT. I thought your favourite flavour would be maple bacon. :teeth:

Because with a big car I can just storm my way through/over the top of traffic whilst cussing at all the plebs down below that are making me late.

What's a Pimm's? My favorite drink is in that pub. A Welch Dragon. SO so delicious. Well, if you like melon flavor.

Pimm's is like a light, fruity spirit, you usually have it with lemonade and a lot of sliced fruit, it's so good. I do like melon so maybe I'll have to give it a try :goodvibes

Uncrustables have too much peanut butter for me.

There is no such thing as too much peanut butter!!!

Loved being a short walk to the TTC! Makes going to Epcot so easy! Mmmm, Pimm's! I didn't even know they had made them at Rose and Crown. We got traditional Shandy Lagers the last time, guess we were too excited about that. LOL! What a great Epcot day! Sorry your Ice Cream was not what you expected...that can be a bummer. Redo in order! :D

You should definitely try the Pimm's next time! A true British experience :teeth: And that's definitely true about the ice cream, I guess we'll just HAVE to go back and get another one :thumbsup2

Yeah I agree, it is a very weird ride....at least Figment is pretty cute though!:figment:

He is! I do like his merch because I think he's a symbol of Epcot :goodvibes

Oh my gosh both look and sound fantastic! And that is such a nice view to enjoy your food!
Ugh I really have to get to Food and Wine one Year!!!

Yes you do!! Start your must-try list :hyper:

Yeah I'm not a fan of Mission:Space either, if anything I do the Green, but I can easily not go on it and not feel like I've missed anything. And the thing is, it never seems crowded, maybe they'll put something else there in years to come...

Yeah I won't do orange again, and I'm not even a fan of green, but I guess I'd do it if Jamie wanted to. But like you, I can easily skip it. I think there are a few upgrades Epcot could do! Future World has so much potential :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter