Okay, you talked me into it.
If I have time.
And there's no line.

Yeah.

All right! Hop on a plane right now!

Oh, erm, right, yeah.

dang...

I believe you!!

What did you think?? If Ray wasn't your favourite character I don't even want to know.

Well, actually....

okay, okay... yes. he was my fave.

Some of you more than others :rolleyes1

You're right! You need a shrink because of those guys.

:rotfl: that saying reminded me of this...

Darn. At work. I'll look later.

Google "art of animation mop" :crazy2:

ew. (Can't see vid... but the title was plenty.)

WHY would you think Pepper Market sounds weird??? It sounds GREAT. You are crazy.

Oh, I don't think so. I've never been.
That's what I've heard other people say.
And based on public opinion, it made me a little shy about staying there.

If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times, don't exaggerate!"

Yes Mom.

Accurate.

Thought so.

We did sit in it briefly, but it was VERY wobbly! Not as comfortable as it looks, when you're just worried about tipping out of it :laughing:

There's a trick to it.
I just don't know what it is.

Actually I do. You're really supposed to sit across it, not along it.

This meant, "this is my opinion, but my opinion is literally worth nothing because I didn't even visit the area properly, so please don't base your potentially once-in-a-lifetime trip plans around my waffling." :lmao:

Too late. All your readers already did.

Ooooh I must go to Aulani some day. You lucky being you. :beach:

Well, then... go.

tumblr_mctko0Um8C1rrc78e.gif

I KNEW IT!!!!!!

sooooooooooooo goooooooooooood.

::yes::

Oh dear, haha!! Money well spent :rotfl2:

:sad2:

Natural selection :thumbsup2

:lmao: But of course!

Thank you for reading darling pondzi!

Keep posting, I'll keep reading.

Sweet! I'll have to check out CBR some time for sure. Haha that's funny that you were upgraded to a pirate room :laughing: I clicked on your TR in your signature to see if there were any kids with you... I love the idea of just you and your mom sleeping in pirate beds :lmao: Mind you, for mine and Jamie's first trip we stayed in a royal room at POR so I can't really laugh! Also, I'm going to read your TR :teeth:

Haha, we walked in the room and immediately started giggling :rotfl: Those pirate beds were actually soooo comfortable too! I've always wanted to stay in a Royal Room. I stayed at POR (back when it was Dixie Landings) in 2000, but I was only 6 so I don't remember much! I hope I can visit again sometime soon!

BAHH girl. Jamie totally paid for the upgrade again :sad2: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: - like literally the day that I wrote that out to you :rotfl:After I called Disney we were both like "noooo that's ridiculous." But later that night he was just like "I just KNOW I'm going to be disappointed if we get a car park view, and others have a giraffe view.." I'm still the same as you though, there's no way I would pay for that upgrade. But if that's what he wants to do with his money, I'm not going to complain..!! :lmao:

HAHAH THATS AMAZING. What a lucky girl you are :thumbsup2

WOOO cool! I've opened up your PTR to read :goodvibes

Yay!! Excited to have you!

Yay! I love all of the new updates! :hyper:

Thanks! :goodvibes

If I did this my mother would be on her way to Disney to have a serious discussion with me :rotfl2:

:rotfl: Classic mother :thumbsup2

Ughhh... This is the worst. I wish people would understand how annoying flash photos in the dark are. :confused3

::yes:: Why don't people understand this?! It's so obnoxious :confused3

I LOVE this! We stayed here once and ever since then I'm reminded of our trip when the score plays on my iPod! :blush:

I love that they play the music! It would get me super in the mood for a Disney day! :hyper:

I'm fairly certain it's a Disney rule that you have to have a lightsaber fight in a gift shop at least once every trip! :rotfl2:

YES! I'm glad it's not just us :rotfl:We set a terrible example to the little kids :laughing:

We'll be at AKL Kidani September 9-16th in a 1 bedroom savannah view! Are you staying in Jambo house club level? Maybe we'll see you there! We weren't going to stay there this year, we were going to do the Swan (still are) and then switch to POR (which we also love) but we just had to stay at AKL one more time! I love waking up to those animals outside my window. And Kidani is so peaceful and quiet!

While reading your trip report, I told DH that for my 40th birthday we have to stay at Club Level at the Poly. Then we looked at the price. :scared: Luckily, it's not for another 5 years - start saving!!

Yay! Yep we'll be at Jambo House club level :hyper: Say hi if you see us! Haha I hope you get to stay Poly CL some day! For some reason we get some really good deals over here in the UK, although it's by no means cheap :scared: I'm so glad we got to do it, but I won't be doing it again for a long time :laughing:

First of all, I AM SO THRILLED THAT YOU ARE BACK WITH UPDATES .... wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I AM THRILLED THAT YOU ARE THRILLED!!! :jumping1:

HAHA! In all honesty, when I first heard this announcement the first this that came to my mind was "Katie is going to be so upset!"

Girl I was devastated :laughing: I watched the a video of the final show on youtube, omg it was SO emotional I was a WRECK!!!

Mmmmmmmm. BOG turkey sandwich, also my favorite and the thing I get EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

Oh cool! I'm glad someone else enjoys this sandwich. It always surprised me that I don't hear much about it, it makes me think I just have a very low standard for sandwiches, I get so excited by it :laughing:

Terrible feeling! The worst is leaving a water park and getting on those cold buses! We try to drive (when we have a car) to the water parks JUST to avoid this feeling.

Ew yes I would hate that, I'm always cold! That reminds me, I need to take Jamie to a water park this year. He's hesitant because he wears contacts and apparently it'll cause him problems, and honestly I'm a bit put off by sharing a swimming environment with lots of little kiddies! :rotfl: But I think it'd be nice to just go bake in the sun one day :goodvibesI wouldn't know which one to choose though I loved them both so much when I was young! ...Thanks for the inadvertent suggestion!

I LOVE the giraffe and elephant figures they have in this shop. So cute!!!

EVERYTHING is so cute, I'm going to do some damage in that gift shop when I'm staying there!

IT IS TOO REAL. Did you try to peanut soup...to DIE for. I've actually been with a friend and we visited Boma's....he ate SO much that when we were leaving (walking outside to the bus stop) he oh so casually leaned away from me, got sick in the garden and kept walking like it was no big deal! Of course when I stopped and went "ummmmm" he said "What, Boma was just too good to be contained"

OMG NO. I love peanuts, this makes me sad. Now I'm even more excited to go back! Hahahah he overcame the Boma coma!!! Power through it my friend, there's more Disney fun to be had :lmao:

Hubby LOVES trying different foods and I am a super plain jane. We LOVE this buffet because it suits both of us and allows me to try a few new things each time without worrying - If I don't like it or am not in the mood for "different" food I resort to the kidz corner, mmmmmm mac n cheese and chicken nuggets!

YES this is exactly me. I like to know that the kids buffet is there as a safety net in case I don't like anything. Bring on the mac and cheese!

Super cute! Love the photos, such a special moment.

Aww thank you :goodvibes:goodvibes

We stayed at the Poly for our honeymoon and watched Wishes from our balcony almost every night. Every time I see Wishes I always think of that special trip - he also proposed during Wishes so it's just all around special! I've never seen HalloWishes, but we will have to get to it!

Owwww proposing during Wishes!!! How perfect! And those wedding photos you showed me.. Owww you guys are adorable :cloud9: I KNOW I will be proposed to at Disney, it's the only logical thing to do :rotfl: Not any time soon though, we're still finding out adult feet :laughing: But it better be at Disney and there better be a photopass photographer in on it to capture the moment, these are my only two requests :thumbsup2

Just found your trip report and I'm loving it so much! :goodvibes You and your boyfriend look like you're having the best time ever!! I'll be sure to check back for updates. :thumbsup2

Yay thank you!! I'm so glad you're enjoying it :goodvibes We DO have the best time ever! I feel very lucky to have someone who fully embraces the Disney fun! Jamie's the one who actually suggests going now! Well I guess he just assumes I ALWAYS want to go, so it's kind of on him to bring it up :laughing: The DAY we arrived back home from this trip he was like, "when can we go back?" :rotfl2: I swear to God! :lmao: It's so great :goodvibes

Me too! I love your report! Can't wait to see what happens next!

Thanks!!! Some updates won't be long, maybe today or tomorrow :goodvibes thanks for reading!

ADR day wasn't fun at all. The system was super glitchy! I think when they changed over the Fastpass+ reservations to booking 7am EST it messed with the system plus all of us "Free Diners" trying to make ADR's was an overload! Luckily I got everything we wanted, but that took over an hour online. :badpc:

Oh man. That's the worst. But I'm glad you got everything you wanted! And yay for free dining! We have it this year too, for the first time :hyper: I'm so excited, I have so much booked :goodvibes

Another great TR from @TheLittleKatie for me to enjoy! yay!! :flower1: Can't wait to read more! I love your afternoon of resort hopping- how fun!

Hey thanks!!! I'm glad you're enjoying it :goodvibes Resort hopping was so fun, I definitely want to do it again this year. And more should be up today or tomorrow! Hopefully right now actually, if time is on my side :thumbsup2

I too am enjoying your trip report. My family and I will be down in mid September as well, super bummed about dinosaur being down during those dates. It was bad enough that BTMRR will be out, if anything else gets added I might just throw a giant man hissy fit. Keep up the entertaining report, it is helping pass the time until I get back home.

YES I agree, Dinosaur and BTM being down is major sadness. I guess I'm just happy that it's not Splash or Space... or Everest. Hahaha, as much as I'd like to see a giant man hissy fit, I hope nothing else big goes down :rotfl: Now, is it the hissy fit that's giant? Or the man that's giant? ;) :rotfl2: Either way, it sounds amusing.
More coming up!!

Speaking of the next time I go (and this is exclusive news HOT of the press)... the next time I had booked to go back was September 2017 which made me sad because even though I've already been this year it was in Janaury so that's just a MASSIVE disneyless gap (except for DLP in Sept but SSSSSHHH)... WELL I was home in Dublin at the weekend and...... WE JUST BOOKED TO COME SEPTEMBER!!! AS IN THIS SEPTEMBER!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
tumblr_lv31qsBzZL1qa6lp8.gif

I actually think our trips will overlap! We're going 27th August - 4th September, staying mainly in AKL Kidini Village!!!!!!

OH MY GAAAAD
image-11.gif~c200

YES maybe I'll see you around AKL!! Aw I'm happy for you because I know how much you love AKL :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I've already booked Sanaa... I've never booked a trip within the 6month window before so I don't even know where to start with reservations! Where are you going??! I need inspiration!! I'm thinking AKL will be great to take advantage of the late night AK opening... Considering the package with tuskar house with reserved seating...

Where AREN'T I going :rotfl: we have so many ADRs girl. We have free dining for 3 weeks! So far we have:

Be Our Guest, Liberty Tree Tavern, Garden Grill, Chefs De France, 50s Prime Time, Sci Fi, Tusker House, The Boathouse, Beaches and Cream, Narcoossee's, Jiko, Boma, Sanaa, Whispering Canyon, Artist Point, Hoop Dee Doo, California Grill! :cool1:

What ADRs do you have planned?!
We're at Tusker House for breakfast, I'm going to try switch it for a RoL dining package which is hopefully up and running in September... :confused3 I'm so excited that Animal Kingdom should be open late! We can watch Wishes, then get a bus to Animal Kingdom for a quick ride on Everest before bed :hyper:

That would be.... unusual.

Well, you are unusual, soooo.

Well, actually....

okay, okay... yes. he was my fave.

GOOD!

tumblr_lmrfevUadQ1qhigt0o1_500.gif

Darn. At work. I'll look later.

When are you not at work?!? :sad2:

ew. (Can't see vid... but the title was plenty.)

Apparently it was an isolated incident but still so gross!!!!

There's a trick to it.
I just don't know what it is.

Actually I do. You're really supposed to sit across it, not along it.

I'll try it and if I fall out again you'll get a suing :teeth:

Well, then... go.

Oh. OK then. :flower1: It's very far from here though!!!!!

Haha, we walked in the room and immediately started giggling :rotfl: Those pirate beds were actually soooo comfortable too! I've always wanted to stay in a Royal Room. I stayed at POR (back when it was Dixie Landings) in 2000, but I was only 6 so I don't remember much! I hope I can visit again sometime soon!

Glad you enjoyed it! I was imaging the pirate beds similar to when Monica gets that race car bed in Friends :rotfl: I'm glad it was more sophisticated than that :thumbsup2

HAHAH THATS AMAZING. What a lucky girl you are :thumbsup2

Gahhh I know!!! I can't wait :hyper:

Day 7
Monday 28th September 2015
Part 1 – Universal (part 1)

This morning we were up at 8am to go spend a few hours at Universal!

Obligatory club level breakfast photo.

26513746014_bdd1e06214_b.jpg

Obligatory balcony photo.

27024679422_a5d92fd1e5_b.jpg

I’m obsessed and I make no apologies.
Just kidding, I’m British.
I’m sorry for the all of the identical pictures.

We went out to the front of the hotel to wait for our Uber.
The front of this resort is so beautiful!

27024676512_4e725096fa_b.jpg

26515414263_8c0e982201_b.jpg

Our car arrived at 9:45am and we got to Universal at around 10:15.
Yay!

27119255165_297f2c4917_b.jpg

We went into the Studios park and went straight into the first store to buy Express Passes, which can be used to cut the lines!

To any other Universal visitors, do you find these stones as fascinating as I do…?!

I always really want a bag of colourful stones that would serve absolutely no purpose in my life.

26845127610_3fe7a6565b_b.jpg

I welcome suggestions of what I could do with a bag of these. :laughing:

Anyway, we got our Express Passes and we couldn’t resist getting lanyards for our Hogwarts houses!

27024658652_fde4ae1ce4_c.jpg

Slytherin…

26515392353_2bf314f10c_b.jpg

Hufflepuff!

Then we went next door to ride Despicable Me.
This always has a long line so the Express Pass was a good decision.

26513723034_b20445948f_c.jpg

27050862371_bc150f513e_b.jpg

We got onto the ride, and the woman next to me completely ignored the team member who asked her to put her bag on the floor.
But she did decide to do it off her own accord.
Right when the lap bar was coming down.
She bent her whole body in half with her head practically on the floor and was almost crushed by the lap bar :lmao:
Luckily a team member saw and yelled out!
The whole system throughout the entire room had to be emergency stopped and reset, LOL.
Some people really do live in their own little bubble :rolleyes2

Despicable me was fun! I’m not bothered about riding it more than once though. But still, fun!
And Gru was having a dance party at the exit!

26513710724_9f5d6e732a_b.jpg

Then we stopped at The Mummy, one of my favourites.

26515366763_e8ccf64b1b_b.jpg

This really throws you around, if you're having stomach pains you don't want to ride The Mummy!
It's really fast and routinely slams on the brakes so your stomach is rammed into the lap bar at full force :scared:
BUT IT'S JUST SO GOOD.
Coming off winded is just part of the experience guys.

Next we followed these little guys to…

27050814941_6589a74e48_b.jpg

London!

27119191605_2a0dd5ebf6_b.jpg

(OF COURSE the pigeons were heading to London. Anyone who’s ever visited London would have been able to tell you that.)

We were heading to Gringotts, but we weren’t in any rush so we had a little wander through Diagon Alley.

I had a sneaky peak at the Leaky Cauldron, it looks pretty cool, maybe we’ll eat there this year.

27024585372_528cf6275a_b.jpg

We then had a look at the ice cream selection at Florean Fortescue’s, and decided we’d definitely come back for some later.

26515318453_2f328e3ec6_b.jpg

26845059070_7b8bf17fed_b.jpg

Then we went into the Magical Menagerie, and I found this adorable toad plush!

26515315283_06c03f32d2_b.jpg

But don’t be fooled, that’s the Instagram version of him.
This is the real life version.

26845050920_1d85cd8549_b.jpg

:laughing:

@BibbitybobityLu – remember when we said there should be a statue of us in the parks…? Universal already made yours:

26515306323_8bdbe260d7_b.jpg

tumblr_nr8kneDHlu1uad4s1o1_500.gif

Time for Gringotts!
The wait was only 15 minutes, score!
(The Express Pass doesn’t include Harry Potter.)

Honestly I wouldn’t even care if there was a longer wait, the queue is SO cool.

26845041500_6c6866bb12_b.jpg

26513643964_4ee04d6b60_b.jpg

27085873016_deb37e3ce3_b.jpg

Once again, I thoroughly enjoyed this ride.
Everyone riding always seems super enthusiastic and cheers and screams all the way through.

Something I enjoy about Universal in general is that the team members always clap when you arrive back at the platform after every ride, which makes everyone else clap and cheer :laughing:.

We left the ride and completed our tour of Diagon Alley.

26513626814_1b0ab5a33c_b.jpg

27119149785_694c3febdb_b.jpg

At one point, a guy was turning around taking a 360 degree video, and Jamie tried to move out of the way of his shot, but ended up kind of running in a circle around him :rotfl2:
What a goof.

27024540062_3314f5548f_b.jpg

Now, obviously I think Diagon Alley is built to perfection and I wouldn’t have it any other way, but you have to wonder if the people who designed it accounted for THIS shambles…

26515286343_6f76ef0518_b.jpg

:rotfl:

We bid farewell to Diagon Alley, and Kreacher waved us off.

27050740621_c5ea96b976_b.jpg

:wave:

Click for Day 7, Part 2!

Last edited:
Day 7
Monday 28th September 2015
Part 2 – Universal (part 2)

Next up, it was time to ride our new favourite shoot out!
Men in Black: Alien Attack!

26515276573_fb0ed76cd7_b.jpg

The express pass was a good call here too because we got to skip the preshow, which we’ve seen a bunch of times.

DO NOT press that red button guys.
It’s for extreme emergencies only.

:thumbsup2

27050733331_bfd33f43f9_b.jpg

I got myself a sweet little bonus on this round, and beat Hymie’s 192,500 :cool1:

27085506366_da27acf767_b.jpg

Then we rode again and we both got the bonus!
Jamie beat me this time, but only just.

27118815655_5c4ceaaf53_b.jpg

Then we went to ride The Simpsons!
I love love love this ride.
It’s definitely one of my favourites.

26845001330_bcc11f8f2a_b.jpg

While we were waiting for the preshow Jamie was telling me that Krusty the Clown and Homer Simpson were/are supposed to be the same person…

Jamie routinely likes to troll me (I’m hyper aware of this, but even so, he once managed to convince me that his friend and friend’s girlfriend were cousins – just because they share the same [very common] surname… HE’S GOOD, ALRIGHT?!), so when he says things like this I usually just give him the metaphorical finger.

But sure enough, from Krusty’s Wikipedia page:

“He was designed to look like Homer Simpson with clown makeup, with the original idea being that Bart worships a television clown who was actually his own father in disguise.”

How funny!!!

We enjoyed the ride very much. Even if it has a long line, I still recommend waiting for this one :thumbsup2

After the ride I spotted Milhouse looking lonely so I went to keep him company.
I’m not sure how he felt about that.

26844998690_6eefb457da_b.jpg

Stink eye.

We looked in the Kwik-E-Mart, and saw a great t-shirt that said:

giphy.gif

We headed around to ET but I wanted to look in Spongebob Storepants first.

Spongebob and Woody Woodpecker seem like my kind of people.

27119113685_61ceb59b8c_b.jpg

We noticed the man himself was meeting in the store with Patrick, and there were only three groups in line! I couldn’t resist.

26515250803_96d87ec938_b.jpg

They were so energetic, and were bouncing around! I love these two. Spongebob gave me a kiss. He’s so cute.

We continued around to E.T. but unfortunately it was closed.
There were about 5 team members stood at the entrance telling people the ride was down, and they were all simultaneously hula-hooping.
What a cool job.

It was 1:30pm now and we were getting kinda hungry so we went to Krusty Burger!

27050710331_8fe9b3869d_b.jpg

I love this place, it’s not exactly fine dining but there are lots of different concessions to choose from and the atmosphere is fun.

We decided to share a clogger burger!

27119093485_a978a70f1d_b.jpg

So gooooooood.

Something many Dis-ers would probably like about Universal is that they’re ON IT when it comes to table hogging.
All the tables have reserved signs on them and once you have your food you’re shown to a table.
Two guys sat at a table nearby with no food and two team members POUNCED on them!

We finished up our clogger burger with sufficiently clogged arteries, and headed back towards Men In Black for a rematch!

We stopped briefly to cool down at the mist fans.
It was a hallelujah moment.

27119090975_ba86b0d716_b.jpg

It was HOT out!

We played Men In Black again and Jamie nailed it!
He spun the other team out loads of times, they must have been so dizzy :sick:

I got the 100,000 bonus points, but he STILL beat me!

Without a bonus!

27024251632_6ce71cc5cf_b.jpg

Ding dang.

I needed ice cream to recover from two consecutive loses.
To Diagon Alley!

26844944590_51faea01c0_b.jpg

The girl at the register LOVED our Hogwarts lanyards! She saw mine and was like, “I’M A HUFFLEPUFF TOO!!!” :rotfl:

Then she realised I was with Jamie who was wearing his Slytherin one, and omg, she was so excited.
She was like,
“He’ll always look after you! He’ll go after anyone that gives you trouble! It’s like a romantic movie, you’re the good girl and he’s the bad guy!”
:lmao:

It was so funny, we were both cracking up about how excited she was.

Anyway, we got a chocolate ice cream with nuts to share!

27119039425_e445dbb0b5_c.jpg

We stood in front of Florean’s to eat.
It was SO delicious.
When it was my turn I would take the ice cream and turn to face the other way so that Jamie couldn’t take it off me.

I panicked briefly when this happened.

The heat that comes off this thing is crazy!!
SAVE THE ICE CREAM!!

When we were (/I was) done, we headed to the Hogwarts Express in order to get to the other park.

27050672341_6cf2bb2228_c.jpg

27050677031_67305446b9_b.jpg

27050670431_208e695ffd_b.jpg

27085767736_328691a35a_b.jpg

While we waited in line for the train Jamie was doing a sorting hat impression..
He wouldn’t do it for my camera, but I caught him doing it at Epcot on our last night :laughing:
This is what he kept doing:

Off we go!

27050666691_a42bb515ce_b.jpg

Very soon we were pulling into Hogsmeade!

27119017115_079a14d8ac_b.jpg

26515189903_e4b22937d7_b.jpg

We headed straight for Forbidden Journey, and even though the Express Pass doesn’t apply to Harry Potter, we still walked straight on!

27119007705_51633f38b0_b.jpg

As we were loading onto the ride a team member said enthusiastically,
“Are you a Hufflepuff??!!”
I replied “YES!”
To which he said,
“OH. I’m sorry.”

We had a fun time on Forbidden Journey!
I would say it’s my favourite ride at Universal.

Then we decided to use our Express Pass at Flight of the Hippogriff, since we’d never done it before!

27119003775_e2ac151958_b.jpg

The theming in the line is really good, however this is definitely Universal’s answer to the Barnstormer.
It’s just a kiddy coaster, with TINY seating, and it lasts around 20 seconds :laughing:
Oh well! I’m glad I’ve crossed it off the list.

We exited the ride and stopped to watch the Durmstrang / Beauxbatons show for a few minutes.

27050653001_27c0257d9c_b.jpg

26513512254_ab63f687fa_b.jpg

They were great, the Durmstrang boys were doing somersaults, and the girl's performance with the ribbons was hypnotising!

Then we said goodbye to Hogsmeade!

26513507094_564733f9f3_b.jpg

We walked through Jurassic Park ie. my favourite place.

27050629241_22b2b93996_b.jpg

We wandered around and I revelled in the Jurassic Park music, gahh I love it so much.

26513492424_709cca0723_b.jpg

I cannot wait for the Kongstruction to be complete!!!

27085715646_b183ce42c8_b.jpg

Then we went to ride Spider Man!

26513481134_6f192626b5_c.jpg

This ride is greatness. It’s kind of a 3D simulator AND a moving ride, so you get the best of both worlds. I enjoy it greatly.

After Spider Man it was just after 4pm, so we headed out of the park.

As we were leaving Marvel Island, the Green Goblin ran past us, then came back and wrapped his cloth around my neck!!
But I yelped and he ran off.
Gahhh!
Almost abducted by the Green Goblin, that was a close one.
Let’s get outta here.

26844829480_5c640534ff_b.jpg

27118966005_4ce52eaed0_c.jpg

Goodbye Universal!
It’s been swell, but we have some fun plans tonight!

Click for Day 7, Part 3!

Last edited:
Hufflepuffs unite! Last time I was at Universal, I wore my Hufflepuff shirt and as I was getting on forbidden journey, the team member was like "You know you're not playing in today's game right?" I laughed and said I had to rep my house.

Hello my favorite beautiful ginger British sister/wife from another mister! ;)
Hope you have been well!
Excited to catch up on all your updates :goodvibes

Has anyone who’s visited Mickey at the theatre noticed this before?
These items on the shelves are meant to represent the four parks!
(Books = MK castle, crystal ball = Epcot, plant = Animal Kingdom, hat = Hollywood Studios)
I wonder if they’ll have to think of something new to replace the hat?

I don't think these were there the last time I met Mickey at Town Hall! That was like 6 years ago though so it's entirely possible they weren't lol I met him other places on the last trip but not at Main St. I will look for this when I am there in Dec!! Thanks for sharing!

Soon it was time to meet Mickey!
And as a bonus, we got to meet TALKING MICKEY!

Not gonna lie...I got choked up and teary eyed! I think that's awesome they have a TALKING Mickey now!! I will most definitely be a crying mess when I experience this in Dec...Jacob and John will probably be like :rolleyes: hahaha

Such an adorable picture!!!!

DO NOT EVEN TALK TO ME ABOUT HOW THEY’VE JUST GOT RID OF DREAM ALONG WITH MICKEY.

Maybe I should stop listing my favourites things on the Dis, because at this point I’m sure Disney are keeping note of them and CANCELLING THEM FOR SPORT.

(Celebrate a Dream Come True, Move it Shake it CELEBRATE it, Wishes fastpass…:sad2:)

They have been changing/getting rid of a lot lately :sad1: I understand the parks need to change and grow but...but...THINK OF THE CHILDREN! And when I say children I mean US :upsidedow But seriously, I am sad DAWK isn't going to be there...I am looking forward to seeing the new show though! And it will have Princess & the Frog in it which I know you will LOVE :thumbsup2

Then we decided to go resort hopping!

The hotels are probably what I obsess over the most out of everything at Walt Disney World.
I wanted to visit three brand new resorts that I’ve never been to before.
One value, one moderate, and one deluxe.

How fun! I always want to do this but then I end up at the parks instead haha But this trip we are going to tour the MK resorts our first night via Monorail. We are doing Hoop Dee Doo for dinner (the earliest showing) and the plan WAS going to be to go back to MK & watch fireworks/parade but of course they have a MVMCP that night so...yeah. John is only there the first 3 days with us and the tickets are RIDICULOUSLY expensive so I decided against the party with him. So we are going to resort hop to the MK resorts (starting with Wilderness since we will be there already) and see all the gorgeous Christmas decorations :thumbsup2 I had to do some "woosah's" and "let it gooooooo"'s to myself since Disney is already impeding on my original touring plan ;)

26866351606_f5c062d8de_b.jpg

This model of Crush is HUGE!
I think maybe you’re supposed to be Nemo-sized in this section?!

I love this! We will most likely stay at Beach Club again on our next trip (which probably won't be for another 3-4 years after this one...too many other plans in the meantime) b/c it'll be a big family trip with my parents and my sister and her fiance but SOMEDAY I would like to stay at AoA. It looks so fun!

We liked this guy best.

26899364295_33c8650f11_b.jpg

Love those guys! "mufasa!" "say it again!"
clSaWpGhwD4yc.gif

Hurrayyy for The Little Mermaid section!
Throw your hands up and rejoice!

26295249673_5b952c001a_c.jpg

6KZQZDCeHT03e.gif

(Unpopular opinion: I kinda like Cars.)

I didn't like it at first but Jacob LOVES Cars so it's grown on me over the years!
Plus it has some distinctly adult humor that goes over the kiddies heads which I appreciate -
My favorite line from the first Cars:
"I told you, race cars don't need headlights because the track is always lit."
"So is my uncle but he still needs headlights!"
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Then we went into the lobby…
You guys…
IT SMELLED LIKE THE BEACH CLUB.
That smell that was missing from the Beach Club yesterday?
It had appeared at Coronado!
So I was very happy!

I am going to be SO sad if Beach Club doesn't have that Beach Clubby smell again come December :sad:
But glad you were able to find it elsewhere!

An Animal Kingdom bus came along real quick, and Jamie mentioned how lucky we’d been with transportation today.
But just as he said that, the bus drove straight past us as we stood out in the rain.
It was like a comedy sketch :laughing:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

(And as it turns out, this is where we'll be staying this year!)

Woooohoooo!!!! So exciting!!

AKL is such a gorgeous resort!! I'd love to stay there someday!

I can’t believe they still do this t-shirt!!
I had this when I was a kid, only it was a plain white tee.

26294445624_7e68be5162_c.jpg

That was the first Disney parks shirt Jacob ever had! My mom bought it for him when they went while I was pregnant.
I love that shirt, it's so cute! But you're right, I am surprised they still have it!

We couldn’t admire him for too long, because when in Africa, we had to do as the Africans do.

Lightsaber fights.

26866092726_020258e78c_b.jpg

Sounds legit to me! :rotfl:

26295524853_cd9ebd6aa9_b.jpg

Who am I trying to kid, I joined them up there :laughing:

Was the little girl getting down? "Ugh who is this grown man running up on my turf?!" :rotfl2:

Ok, I’m almost embarrassed to share this meal with you.
But we’re all friends here right?
Well, I had THREE PLATES of dinner,
AND I had an additional plate of pretty much every dessert on offer.
THE BOMA COMA IS REAL PEOPLE.

So gluttonous ;)
oHiXra5k7O41i.gif

:rotfl:

But no ragrets.
Boma4life.

NO RAGRETS!!! hahaha I love that movie! "Really? Not even one letter?"

NUyttbn.gif

Just wow.

THAT CAT'S FACE :rotfl2: perfect!

On our way through the restaurant I saw a young boy who was literally passed out on the bench with his stomach out and food all over his face.
BOMA COMA IN THE WILD.

hahahaha that is hilarious! Boma must really be delish!

e went out to the front of the hotel to wait for our Uber.
The front of this resort is so beautiful!

27024676512_4e725096fa_b.jpg

It really is!!

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

I always really want a bag of colourful stones that would serve absolutely no purpose in my life.

It's so funny you posted that! Jacob kept asking me to buy him some of these b/c his class went to the Natural Bridge Caverns (just a bunch of big caves really) and in the gift shop they had these rocks.
I was like..."Jacob what do you need these rocks for?"
And there was a really long pause and he goes "I don't know, I just NEED THEM." :confused3
Spoiler alert...he never got the rocks :laughing:

he bent her whole body in half with her head practically on the floor and was almost crushed by the lap bar :lmao:
The whole system throughout the entire room had to be emergency stopped and reset, LOL.
Some people really do live in their own little bubble :rolleyes2

People amaze me with the vast amount of stupidity they display...especially in theme parks! :sad2:

At one point, a guy was turning around taking a 360 degree video, and Jamie tried to move out of the way of his shot, but ended up kind of running in a circle around him :rotfl2:
What a goof.

Jeez Hymie!
3o6Mb5DeTZ6OOwskOQ.gif

(That's him in the background BTW :rotfl:)

Something many Dis-ers would probably like about Universal is that they’re ON IT when it comes to table hogging.
All the tables have reserved signs on them and once you have your food you’re shown to a table.
Two guys sat at a table nearby with no food and two team members POUNCED on them!

ugh I wish they would do this at WDW! Would save people a lot of trouble!

While we waited in line for the train Jamie was doing a sorting hat impression..
He wouldn’t do it for my camera, but I caught him doing it at Epcot on our last night :laughing:

Oh my god, I am glad I was in my office alone because I literally let out the most ridiculous laughter when I watched this!! :rotfl:

27050629241_22b2b93996_b.jpg

They changed the dinosaur! Didn't it used to be the T-rex? Is that the Indominus Rex or whatever it's called from Jurassic World? It actually looks more like the one from Jurassic World 3 but who knows. Cool looking either way! :thumbsup2

Great updates! Can't wait to see what's in store for the rest of the evening!

Haha! Awesome! Please say hello if you see me :wave: Where will you be staying? Eeep not long now!! :hyper:

It's CRB for us this trip. Our favorite if Wilderness Lodge but with the construction, it just would be the same. Still trying to decide when to go to MNSSHP. Either on Sunday or Tuesday. There is nothing like trick or treating as an adult.
:tigger:

OH MY GAAAAD
image-11.gif~c200

YES maybe I'll see you around AKL!! Aw I'm happy for you because I know how much you love AKL :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

YES I DO!!! It will be odd staying in Kidini instead but hey I'll be closer to Sanaa and the bread service haha
Well ye... duh... the whole reason I'm going is to find you

tXA0JUP.gif

Where AREN'T I going :rotfl: we have so many ADRs girl. We have free dining for 3 weeks! So far we have:

Be Our Guest, Liberty Tree Tavern, Garden Grill, Chefs De France, 50s Prime Time, Sci Fi, Tusker House, The Boathouse, Beaches and Cream, Narcoossee's, Jiko, Boma, Sanaa, Whispering Canyon, Artist Point, Hoop Dee Doo, California Grill! :cool1:

What ADRs do you have planned?!
We're at Tusker House for breakfast, I'm going to try switch it for a RoL dining package which is hopefully up and running in September... :confused3 I'm so excited that Animal Kingdom should be open late! We can watch Wishes, then get a bus to Animal Kingdom for a quick ride on Everest before bed :hyper:

WOW sounds good!! I've got Liberty Tree, Sci-Fi, Tuskar House (with jungle book viewing), Jiko, Boma (breakfast), Sanaa and California grill... ALL on your list haha AND we have Kona, Crystal Palace and The Plaza but like that could all totally change!! I'm thinking about Tutto Italia for their set lunch menu too but the stupid site has been down to book ADRs most of the day

The late night opening is a massive draw to AKL!! It's open until 11pm the whole time we're there it's perfect! It's so quick on the bus from AKL too... Night time everest will be awesome! Then home to look at the animals from your balcony!

Hi Katie!! I loved your last trip report but never commented! Every time you put up a new one, I tell my husband like we are friends and he should just know what/who I'm talking about lol. We left two days before you got there last year. I just wanted to say hi!

YES I agree, Dinosaur and BTM being down is major sadness. I guess I'm just happy that it's not Splash or Space... or Everest. Hahaha, as much as I'd like to see a giant man hissy fit, I hope nothing else big goes down :rotfl: Now, is it the hissy fit that's giant? Or the man that's giant? ;) :rotfl2: Either way, it sounds amusing.

A little bit of both, kinda like this I would imagine.
tumblr_ndm99ew37w1u06e3ko1_400.gif

I missed commenting on the last update, but I just wanted to say I can never get enough pictures of your Poly view, especially with fireworks in the background!:goodvibes Your Universal day looks like a ton of fun. I know I mentioned it before, but we're waiting for the kids to be older to go. I love all the details in your pictures. Have you ever thought of staying at a Universal Hotel for part of your trip?

Well, you are unusual, soooo.

This is correct.

When are you not at work?!? :sad2:

2026 is my best guess.

I'll try it and if I fall out again you'll get a suing :teeth:

Oh, goody! Who is this Sue? Is she hot?

Oh. OK then. :flower1: It's very far from here though!!!!!

:sad2: No, you're doing it wrong.
Pop over to DL Paris, then skootch over to WDW... then DL Cali... then Hawaii is just a hop, skip and a jump halfway across the pond.
And since you're already halfway, might as well continue on to Disney Tokyo and then Hong Kong.

I enjoy planning your life for you.

Obligatory club level breakfast photo.

Of course.

Obligatory balcony photo.

Of course, again.

I’m obsessed and I make no apologies.
Just kidding, I’m British.

Just kidding? So you're not obsessed?

HA!

Okay, that is pretty.

We went into the Studios park and went straight into the first store to buy Express Passes, which can be used to cut the lines!

Do you have to wait, or can you get them ahead of time?

To any other Universal visitors, do you find these stones as fascinating as I do…?!

Seen them at other places and like the black ones.

Put them in wine glasses. Use as decoration.

Slytherin!!!! Run, Katie! Runnnnnnn!!!!

Er.. uh... Katie? Just what exactly are you pointing at there?

:rolleyes1

We got onto the ride, and the woman next to me completely ignored the team member who asked her to put her bag on the floor.
But she did decide to do it off her own accord.
Right when the lap bar was coming down.
She bent her whole body in half with her head practically on the floor and was almost crushed by the lap bar :lmao:

Stupidity has its own price.

Too bad.

:rolleyes2

This really throws you around, if you're having stomach pains you don't want to ride The Mummy!

Ouch! (but I'd try it.)

It's really fast and routinely slams on the brakes so your stomach is rammed into the lap bar at full force :scared:

Double ouch! (still would try it.)

BUT IT'S JUST SO GOOD.

:laughing: Tell me how you really feel!

Coming off winded is just part of the experience guys.

So you leave London to go visit.... fake London?

I had a sneaky peak at the Leaky Cauldron

Typo.
I had a sneaky peaky at the Leaky Cauldron-eeky.

Then we went into the Magical Menagerie, and I found this adorable toad plush!

Please tell me you bought him.

@BibbitybobityLu – remember when we said there should be a statue of us in the parks…? Universal already made yours:

oooohhhh.... I see retribution on the horizon.

(The Express Pass doesn’t include Harry Potter.)

What?!?!? I demand equal opportunities to cut in front of everyone!

Making a little deposit are we?

Something I enjoy about Universal in general is that the team members always clap when you arrive back at the platform after every ride, which makes everyone else clap and cheer :laughing:.

I like that!

What a goof.

Now, obviously I think Diagon Alley is built to perfection and I wouldn’t have it any other way, but you have to wonder if the people who designed it accounted for THIS shambles…

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I prefer the previous photo.

We bid farewell to Diagon Alley, and Kreacher waved us off.

Very hospitable of him.

DO NOT press that red button guys.
It’s for extreme emergencies only.

;)

I got myself a sweet little bonus on this round, and beat Hymie’s 192,500 :cool1:

Nice!

While we were waiting for the preshow Jamie was telling me that Krusty the Clown and Homer Simpson were/are supposed to be the same person…

There is a resemblance there.

Jamie routinely likes to troll me (I’m hyper aware of this, but even so, he once managed to convince me that his friend and friend’s girlfriend were cousins – just because they share the same [very common] surname… HE’S GOOD, ALRIGHT?!),

Definitely Slytherin.

“He was designed to look like Homer Simpson with clown makeup, with the original idea being that Bart worships a television clown who was actually his own father in disguise.”

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

After the ride I spotted Milhouse looking lonely so I went to keep him company.
I’m not sure how he felt about that.

He looks a tad nervous. What did you say to him??

Spongebob and Woody Woodpecker seem like my kind of people.

Ugh. Woody Woodpecker. Annoying son of a gun.

They were so energetic, and were bouncing around! I love these two. Spongebob gave me a kiss. He’s so cute.

We continued around to E.T. but unfortunately it was closed.

Hope the dud finally went home.

it’s not exactly fine dining

Not exactly?!?!?

Really! Impressive.

Can I get a "Praise Jesus!"

I got the 100,000 bonus points, but he STILL beat me!
Without a bonus!

Okay... that's impressive.

The girl at the register LOVED our Hogwarts lanyards! She saw mine and was like, “I’M A HUFFLEPUFF TOO!!!” :rotfl:

“He’ll always look after you! He’ll go after anyone that gives you trouble! It’s like a romantic movie, you’re the good girl and he’s the bad guy!”

Okay there girl, calm down.

When it was my turn I would take the ice cream and turn to face the other way so that Jamie couldn’t take it off me.

I panicked briefly when this happened.

Yeah........ still at work.

<sigh> see above.

We headed straight for Forbidden Journey, and even though the Express Pass doesn’t apply to Harry Potter, we still walked straight on!

Really? I thought there were always massive lines for that?
Or am I confusing that with another HP ride?

I replied “YES!”
To which he said,
“OH. I’m sorry.”

What the what? :laughing: That's so random!

Very good Arthur Fonzarelli impersonation.

Just out of curiosity, how many favourite places do you have?

We wandered around and I revelled in the Jurassic Park music, gahh I love it so much.

Wait.... no one told me they play JP music there!

I cannot wait for the Kongstruction to be complete!!!

Hmmm... I will say that I liked the first King Kong movie with Fay Wray and the second (1976) with Jessica Lange but not the last (2005).

This ride is greatness. It’s kind of a 3D simulator AND a moving ride, so you get the best of both worlds. I enjoy it greatly.

Cool!

As we were leaving Marvel Island, the Green Goblin ran past us, then came back and wrapped his cloth around my neck!!
But I yelped and he ran off.
Gahhh!
Almost abducted by the Green Goblin, that was a close one.
Let’s get outta here.

Yay, updates!
I love that you took pictures of details around the Poly almost every day. It's such a gorgeous resort!

(OF COURSE the pigeons were heading to London. Anyone who’s ever visited London would have been able to tell you that.)
OMG Katie pls. This is a sensitive subject.
We own a former council flat in North London and the guy in one of the garden flats below us only goes outside to feed a massive flock of pigeons.
For whom the people in the flat by our estate's exit also throw out copious amounts of bread/chips. :sad2:

Me every time I leave the house:
giphy.gif

AND THEN I APOLOGISE TO THE PIGEONS FOR DISTURBING THEM.
Because I'm assimilating!

We looked in the Kwik-E-Mart, and saw a great t-shirt that said:

giphy.gif

This is the life motto I never knew I needed.

Anyway, we got a chocolate ice cream with nuts to share!

27119039425_e445dbb0b5_c.jpg

That ice cream is a thing of beauty but your manicure is the true star attraction here. Do you do your own nails? How do they look this flawless after a week in the parks?? Reveal your secrets!

I replied “YES!”
To which he said,
“OH. I’m sorry.”

I'm so not here for this Hufflepuff discrimination! #justice4badgers

Jamie's sorting hat impression is amazing. "BETTAH BE...GRYFFINDOR!!!" is a truly A+ HP movie reference and I support any/all people yelling it in public places. :rotfl:

Ew yes I would hate that, I'm always cold! That reminds me, I need to take Jamie to a water park this year. He's hesitant because he wears contacts and apparently it'll cause him problems, and honestly I'm a bit put off by sharing a swimming environment with lots of little kiddies! :rotfl: But I think it'd be nice to just go bake in the sun one day :goodvibesI wouldn't know which one to choose though I loved them both so much when I was young! ...Thanks for the inadvertent suggestion!

I absolutely love the Disney Water Parks. Yes, you are right....it is not pleasant to think of how many kids come and "go" in the water, but that's kinda of part of the nature of a water park LOL. Personally I prefer Typhoon Lagoon over Blizzard Beach. BB has some great slides and it is a lot of fun, but with TL you have some great slides and then an amazing wave pool to spend tons of time in. The BB "wave pool" - if you can call it that after comparing it to TL's, is really boring to me and I can't spend much time in there. Glad I was able to give you an inadvertent suggestion on something to do next trip.

PS: My best friend wear contacts - she's literally blind without them, and she's never had an issue at the water parks. Tell Jamie to suck it up :charac2:

Owwww proposing during Wishes!!! How perfect! And those wedding photos you showed me.. Owww you guys are adorable :cloud9: I KNOW I will be proposed to at Disney, it's the only logical thing to do :rotfl: Not any time soon though, we're still finding out adult feet :laughing: But it better be at Disney and there better be a photopass photographer in on it to capture the moment, these are my only two requests :thumbsup2

HAHA, you sound like me. I had been with my now hubby for nearly 13 years before he proposed and he KNEW that it had to be at Disney, had to be in the Magic Kingdom and had to be during Wishes!. I mean I made things easy for him right? We didn't have a PP photographer there, but he surprised me by bringing in our two best friends to capture the moment! WOOOOO. Oooowww Wishes! Such an emotional mess around it LOL. If you want to see any more wedding photos, you can check out my Honeymoon TR (in my signature below). The first few posts are wedding photos.

OMG....I know the temptation. I find myself playing with them every time I encounter them...eeek! Maybe make a little garden (herbs or succulents?) and layer the soil with these stones?? Just a suggestion LOL...ROCK GARDEN!

Then we went to ride The Simpsons!
I love love love this ride.
It’s definitely one of my favourites.

Ugh. Love/Hate relationship! The ride is fun, but the last time I rode it I was sick....ALL.OVER.MYSELF. I ended up having to buy a new outfit from the Simpsons store! HAHAHA.

It was 1:30pm now and we were getting kinda hungry so we went to Krusty Burger!

MUST TRY on our next trip.

DITTO. Loooooooooooooves it!

panicked briefly when this happened.

The heat that comes off this thing is crazy!!
SAVE THE ICE CREAM!!

That's so cool.
I should get one for the house.... :rolleyes:

:laughing: Okay. He's a keeper.
Always keep the one that makes you laugh.

What a fun Universal day!!! I really want to try that Butterbeer ice cream lol...but yours looked so good too!! So did that burger!! The theming at Universal is so awesome...of course in HP areas but really everywhere!!

Loved your update, Katie! :goodvibes You and Jamie are just the cutest!! :flower: I miss Universal, and have to get back there soon. Our next trip to WDW is this November for a long weekend for the end of the Food and Wine Festival and MVMCP. Can't wait!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter