An Unforgettable Finish- Oct 2011 TR **Happily Ever After (Completed 5/3)

No, not much of a back story. I've never ran out of gas, and while I'm always curious exactly how far under E I could go, I've never tried to find out. I find that episode of Seinfeld, where Kramer test drives the new car until it's out of gas, very intriguing.
That Seinfeld episode is why I had to ask about it. That was the first thing that popped into my head when I read that line in your update.:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

So when are you going to keep an extra battery for these cameras? :laughing: I remember something like this happening in one of your last visits. No need to wonder about your limits when you have a spare around. ;) Loving the pics with your new camera, btw.

Glad you found somewhere to get out of the heat after that wait for the tram, even if it wasn't where you planned. Sorry the burger wasn't so great. Our one and only (meal) visit to Pecos Bill was like this. The burger itself was so icky that it went to the garbage. I'll stick with CHH. Glad the boys enjoyed their meals!

Wait, I thought pirate toes were the best part of Pirates too?! :confused3:rotfl2:

Impressive, making it out of the shop with only two swords grabbed. Props to you. :thumbsup2

Gotta love pirates....and their toes! :lmao:

Sometimes it can be so hard to keep little ones occupied while waiting for a show. And then, when the show starts, sometimes they still don't want to sit & enjoy it. If only I could have a 1/4 of the energy of a little person....I could conquer the world! Or at least all of my household chores! :rotfl2:

Pirate Toes and Doggies sounds about right to me. :goodvibes

My daughter's favorite "ride" at the mall is the 'exalater' :lmao:

You wouldn't let Landon get a pirate sword????? :scared1: What kind of cruel parent are you??? :rotfl2: Remember, it can always be purchased and they'll take it to guest services to be picked up later.:thumbsup2 :rolleyes1

If it is pirate toes and doggies that they enjoy, at least they enjoy Pirates. Whatever it takes to keep them interested in one of the best rides on property!

I understand how they'd be a little impatient waiting for the show to start. Sometimes I get a little bored and want to climb around while I'm waiting too. :rotfl:

That Tiki room waiting area is a toughie! Those posts and isles are so tempting for toddlers. I'm glad that pre-show started up just in time!

Too funny about pirate toes! It just goes to show that Carter is appreciating the little details. He is a true Disney fan in the making!

Awww I'm glad the boys loved Pirates! That is so funny about Carter's favorite part of the ride being the "exalater"! :rotfl: I haven't been in the Tiki Room in AGES!! It was never one of my favorites, but I haven't seen the enhancement! I'm interetsed to hear what you (and the boys) think about it! :thumbsup2

All caught up. Glad to see you decided to do the 5K, and I can't wait to hear how it went.
The parks can be a little stressful when everyone is hot and sweaty, but it sounds like you and the boys were handling it decently. :thumbsup2

Yay! You've arrived at Disney! I'm interested to hear what you think of your Windsor Hills townhouse because we're booked to stay in one for our March trip.

I feel your pain on your Pecos Bills burger, I've given up on Disney buns and immediately remove it anytime I order a burger.

Ack, I thought Tiki Room would be a good attraction for a little kid (we're taking Franklin's 1-year-old nephew in March), but I never factored in the waiting before the show. :scared1: Can't wait to see if your boys liked the show, though!

I will NEVER ride POTC again without thinking of Pirate toes! :lmao::lmao::lmao: That is just too funny. :)

I'm curious to hear what you thought of the Tiki room (I've not gotten to that part in my TR yet).

Love that the boys decided to be monkeys while waiting in line from a simple statement from you. ;)

I"m impressed that you were able to fit three strollers and luggage in the car:thumbsup2

i've sworn off the burgers at pecos bills too. not tasty. its all taco salad from now on.

i love that pirate! he's all hairy and dirty LOL

That Seinfeld episode is why I had to ask about it. That was the first thing that popped into my head when I read that line in your update.:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Wouldn't it be fun to drive a car until it really runs out gas? I always wonder just how far it could go.:rotfl:

So when are you going to keep an extra battery for these cameras? :laughing: I remember something like this happening in one of your last visits. No need to wonder about your limits when you have a spare around. ;) Loving the pics with your new camera, btw.

Glad you found somewhere to get out of the heat after that wait for the tram, even if it wasn't where you planned. Sorry the burger wasn't so great. Our one and only (meal) visit to Pecos Bill was like this. The burger itself was so icky that it went to the garbage. I'll stick with CHH. Glad the boys enjoyed their meals!

We always mean to keep an extra battery for the camera, but somehow it never actually gets done. I think our camera has died at least once on every other trip we've taken. I'm not sure which will be easier to remember- actually charging the camera every night or getting an extra battery before we leave home. Thanks!

Anywhere that got us out of the heat was good enough for lunch. And it felt so cool inside Pecos Bills at our table. It was perfect. I will agree that CHH is the superior of the two, but I still like Pecos Bills, too. Just not for a burger.

Wait, I thought pirate toes were the best part of Pirates too?! :confused3:rotfl2:

Impressive, making it out of the shop with only two swords grabbed. Props to you. :thumbsup2

Apparently, they are! That and the doggies. :rotfl:

Landon was just practicing up for the next time...oddly, Carter never seemed too interested in the swords.

Gotta love pirates....and their toes! :lmao:

Sometimes it can be so hard to keep little ones occupied while waiting for a show. And then, when the show starts, sometimes they still don't want to sit & enjoy it. If only I could have a 1/4 of the energy of a little person....I could conquer the world! Or at least all of my household chores! :rotfl2:

I thought it was so funny that out of everything on that ride, Carter was amused by pirate toes.

We generally don't try many of the shows with the boys. It's so hard to wait with them in one spot. Then they have time to really "explore" and find out exactly how many things they're not supposed to do. If I had 1/4 of energy of one toddler...I'd definitely be doing laundry and washing dishes right now.:laughing:

Pirate Toes and Doggies sounds about right to me. :goodvibes

My daughter's favorite "ride" at the mall is the 'exalater' :lmao:

I knew Landon would love the doggies, but Carter's Pirate Toes were a surprise.

What is it with little kids and escalators? :laughing: I should really take Carter and Landon both on the mall escalators about five times in a row- they'd be delighted.

Wouldn't it be fun to drive a car until it really runs out gas? I always wonder just how far it could go.:rotfl:

:rotfl:

Yeah, no. Not so much fun. :sad2:

My first car (which I loved and was a practically perfect first car in almost every way - it had the coolest emergency brake that kind of looked like a throttle in an airplace, which impressed many a highschool boy ;)) had but one flaw. The gauge for the gas was not lined up properly - when it was full, it would be higher than the "F". Which meant that it would never go all the to "E" at the other end. After running out of gas not once, but TWICE, I quickly figured out that pretending the "1/4" mark was "E" was a much better approach.

My car now is much smarter, and will actually tell me how many kilometres I have left once it hits the "E" line.

Awwww!! Loved the pirates toes & the "excalator" fun! He's too cute. I had to laugh when Landon only managed to grab two swords, that you didn't buy. :laughing:

Waiting for shows can be such a pain sometimes. I understand their desire to climb all over everything in there. Cute that they started a monkey game though! Hope the show goes well. I'm interested to read about the changes!

You wouldn't let Landon get a pirate sword????? :scared1: What kind of cruel parent are you??? :rotfl2: Remember, it can always be purchased and they'll take it to guest services to be picked up later.:thumbsup2 :rolleyes1

If it is pirate toes and doggies that they enjoy, at least they enjoy Pirates. Whatever it takes to keep them interested in one of the best rides on property!

I understand how they'd be a little impatient waiting for the show to start. Sometimes I get a little bored and want to climb around while I'm waiting too. :rotfl:

No, I wouldn't and didn't let Landon get a pirate sword, as much fun as it would have been for him to be able to run Carter through. :laughing: And if my only argument against the swords had been carrying it around all day, then package pick up would have been the perfect solution. Very kind of you to suggest it...

That's what's so great about Disney- something for everyone. If pirate toes and doggies are what they like, then we're good there. I've always loved Pirates, though not necessarily for pirate toes and doggies, so I'm glad they enjoy it, whatever the reasons.

You know, I really don't mind waiting for shows to start, when I don't have toddlers with me. We usually just sit on the ground and take it easy until the show starts. I can honestly say, I've never had the desire to climb around while waiting for the Tiki Room. :laughing:

That Tiki room waiting area is a toughie! Those posts and isles are so tempting for toddlers. I'm glad that pre-show started up just in time!

Too funny about pirate toes! It just goes to show that Carter is appreciating the little details. He is a true Disney fan in the making!

I hadn't really thought through the waiting part very well. I thought they'd be able to play a little, but once they leave one level, then they're out of reach, unless I want to climb under, too, which I usually would rather not.

That's true, Carter's a very detail oriented person already. I bet he'll love finding Hidden Mickeys when he's a little older.

Awww I'm glad the boys loved Pirates! That is so funny about Carter's favorite part of the ride being the "exalater"! :rotfl: I haven't been in the Tiki Room in AGES!! It was never one of my favorites, but I haven't seen the enhancement! I'm interetsed to hear what you (and the boys) think about it! :thumbsup2

I'm glad they loved Pirates, too. I think it's one of the best MK rides without a height restriction. I thought it was funny, too, that Carter was so happy to ride the escalator. I guess it would be pretty exciting, if you haven't been on one before. I'd definitely watch the Tiki Room again, now that it's been restored. It's interesting to see the original show.

All caught up. Glad to see you decided to do the 5K, and I can't wait to hear how it went.
The parks can be a little stressful when everyone is hot and sweaty, but it sounds like you and the boys were handling it decently. :thumbsup2

I'm really glad we decided to do the 5K, too. It was a very cool experience.
I think the boys were so happy to be out of the car that they were on their very best behavior, regardless of the heat. Nothing ever seems too bad on the first day.

Yay! You've arrived at Disney! I'm interested to hear what you think of your Windsor Hills townhouse because we're booked to stay in one for our March trip.

I feel your pain on your Pecos Bills burger, I've given up on Disney buns and immediately remove it anytime I order a burger.

Ack, I thought Tiki Room would be a good attraction for a little kid (we're taking Franklin's 1-year-old nephew in March), but I never factored in the waiting before the show. :scared1: Can't wait to see if your boys liked the show, though!

When traveling with a bigger group, I think Windsor Hills makes a ton of sense. Hopefully, checking into Windsor Hills will come up pretty soon, so I think I'll save my other thoughts for later.

I don't remember Disney buns tasting like that in years past, but that one at Pecos Bills was very unpleasant. I'll be more cautious about burgers in the future, I think.

We did time the Tiki Room very badly. I think the wait was about 14 minutes, so we probably should have left and rode the Magic Carpets of Aladdin and came back later. If you manage to time it better and have less of a wait, it might not be so bad.

I will NEVER ride POTC again without thinking of Pirate toes! :lmao::lmao::lmao: That is just too funny. :)

I'm curious to hear what you thought of the Tiki room (I've not gotten to that part in my TR yet).

Love that the boys decided to be monkeys while waiting in line from a simple statement from you. ;)

I'll always think of Carter and his pirate toes, too. :laughing: I love being able to take my boys at this age.

Your TR is moving so fast! I think I'm perpetually behind there. I'll be interested in your opinion on the Tiki room, too.

It never fails, just when they're about to make me crazy, they do something very cute. I don't know how they do it.

I"m impressed that you were able to fit three strollers and luggage in the car:thumbsup2

i've sworn off the burgers at pecos bills too. not tasty. its all taco salad from now on.

i love that pirate! he's all hairy and dirty LOL

When we were car shopping, the first thing we checked was trunk space. :laughing: I love our CR-V. It can hold so much stuff!

I'm going to stay away from Pecos Bills burgers, too. I wonder if the barbecue sandwich comes on the same sort of bun. Taco salad is probably the way to go.

I've always liked that pirate, too. Maybe next trip, Carter will say "hairy pirate toes". :rotfl:

:rotfl:

Yeah, no. Not so much fun. :sad2:

My first car (which I loved and was a practically perfect first car in almost every way - it had the coolest emergency brake that kind of looked like a throttle in an airplace, which impressed many a highschool boy ;)) had but one flaw. The gauge for the gas was not lined up properly - when it was full, it would be higher than the "F". Which meant that it would never go all the to "E" at the other end. After running out of gas not once, but TWICE, I quickly figured out that pretending the "1/4" mark was "E" was a much better approach.

My car now is much smarter, and will actually tell me how many kilometres I have left once it hits the "E" line.

I suppose you're right, it wouldn't really be that much fun. Still...I wonder.:rotfl:

Your first car sounds really cool! Aside from the gas gauge not working very well. See, it doesn't sound fun at all when you describe it like that. When I got my first car, my parents always said to stop and fill it up once I got under half a tank, so I never came close to running out of gas. I suppose it's an experience I can live without.

My car does that, too, now, but I always wonder how accurate that is. :confused3

And if my only argument against the swords had been carrying it around all day, then package pick up would have been the perfect solution. Very kind of you to suggest it...
I only suggested it, because you said you were tempted to suggest it to other parents in your last TR. :lmao::rotfl2:

Haha, that's so funny that Carter noticed pirate toes! How cute! :rotfl:

I have to agree with him, the escalator is a lot of fun! :banana:

Can't wait to hear about the new Tiki room, we skipped it as always, but maybe someday we'll see it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter