An obsessive planner learns to go with the flow... Finished and a Link to new PTR

Dinner sounds WONDERFUL! What great character interactions. For that kind of fun they could have fed you all cardboard. (Well, other than the slipper. The slipper looks great!) Well worth waiting 50 minutes!

It was soooo worth the wait! Robbie and I both agreed that we weren't paying for the food but the experience and it was worth every penny! :goodvibes

I'M HERE!!! I FOUND YOU!!! :goodvibes

Hurray! :welcome:

I'm so glad that you had a nice dinner despite the long wait. We really enjoyed our dinner there last December. The step-sisters are hilarious! (Although they told me that Cinderella was the step-sister and they were the "real" sisters.)

Amanda

I'm so glad that you had a nice dinner despite the long wait. We really enjoyed our dinner there last December. The step-sisters are hilarious! (Although they told me that Cinderella was the step-sister and they were the "real" sisters.)

Amanda

:lmao::lmao:

That reminds of the book Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire (author of Wicked). It gives a very different perspective on the story. ;)

love all your pictures and have enjoyed reading your tips and posts. dont feel too bad about not doing the preferred room, we did that last time due to family member with trouble walking, and we ended up farther away from the bus stop than ever before. it was a total waste of money.

love all your pictures and have enjoyed reading your tips and posts. dont feel too bad about not doing the preferred room, we did that last time due to family member with trouble walking, and we ended up farther away from the bus stop than ever before. it was a total waste of money.

Thank you and :welcome:

That's interesting about the preferred room. We'd walk past the Calypso every evening and I'd think man we'd be in our room right now if I'd paid the extra $$! I guess the rooms on the back side of the first building weren't that much closer than ours on the front side of the third building- it just seemed like it when my feet were killing me! :rolleyes:

:lmao::lmao:

That reminds of the book Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire (author of Wicked). It gives a very different perspective on the story. ;)

Exactly! I love that book!!! (And I thought it was a better book than Wicked despite the hype.)

Amanda

Exactly! I love that book!!! (And I thought it was a better book than Wicked despite the hype.)

Amanda

I love them both but for different reasons and find it hard to believe they were written by the same author. Also, I think the hype associated with Wicked has more to do with the musical than the book. (But I LOVE the musical- it's the only cd of showtunes I own!)

It's awesome that you had such great character interaction in 1900. I have not been there for dinner and wondered what it was like. :thumbsup2

Hi Hope, i'm really enjoying your TR. You have some amazing pictures of the kids. They all came out so great. Can't wait to read on!

When I left off we'd finished an absolutely perfect meal at 1900 Park Fare. The next morning we were up by 7 to get ready for our first day at Epcot. :goodvibes

We had breakfast at the resort. Robbie Jace and I had the biscuits and gravy again and Kya had a bagel with cream cheese.
001-6.jpg

We were at Epcot by 9 but didn't make it through bag check before rope drop. It was really not crowded at all though so it was no big deal. The first thing I did was find the will call window so I could trade in my GAD ticket for the special fastpass. This was a pretty fast process, I think we were third in line. I showed the woman my i.d. and she gave us four green plastic tickets (I didn't get a picture but will try to take one and include it another post) and said we could use them at the FP machine and they'd give us an immediate return time. :cool1: We also each got "Honarary Voluntear" buttons and a list of the Donald and Daisy rides for the FP. We could choose three rides from each group for a total of 6 special FPes. The Donald Group included: Soarin' and Test Track. The Daisy Group included Living with the Land, Mission Space, and Maelstrom.

Before doing anything else we stopped and took a few pics in front of Spaceship Earth...
005-2.jpg

I wanted a photopass pic since we were all in our Mickey head tie-dyes but there were none to be found. :confused3 It was really wierd but I didn't want to waste time waiting for them so we just went on in and walked right on to Spaceship Earth. We really enjoyed this ride! It was really fun and interesting. :)

Next we headed over to Mission Space...
064.jpg

It was walk-on so we didn't use the GAD for this one. I'm glad we didn't waste a FP because Kya decided not to ride at the last minute. She'd been a little apprehensive before we walked in and then Disney puts up all of these warning signs as you go about exiting the line if you don't like dark, enclosed spaces. I understand that they have to do this but sometimes their warnings seem to be worse than the actual ride and there are SO many of them! It seemed every few feet there was another warning sign and it freaked her out. Oh well, she and I left and waited in the play area at the end of the ride while the boys rode together. They loved it and Jace kept telling me he was sorry I didn't get to ride because it was so much fun. :lovestruc Robbie said it was pretty fun and I think he'd have probably liked the orange side. :scared1:

We went into the gift shop to look around, Jace really liked all the astronaut and Star Wars stuff in there and we had to drag him away. :laughing: But not before both kids got some Pucker Powder...
078-1.jpg

We walked toward Innoventions, along the way the kids couldn't resist the mister fans...
085.jpg

The first thing that greeted us in Innoventions was the paper making display...
100.jpg

112.jpg

The kids looked around a bit at Innoventions and tried out some of the "Torture Test" displays...
121-1.jpg

We have a really nice Science Center near us and Robbie and I both agreed that Innoventions reminded us a lot of it- lots of fun, interactive displays that teach about science. Of course the big draw for Jace at Innoventions can't be found at our Science Center...
131.jpg

I didn't get a good shot of the actual simulator because it's behind very thick plexiglass in a really dark area so I'll just have to tell you about it. It is a HUGE robotic arm, probably over 10 feet tall (although I'm horrible at estimating measurement) that is attached to a 2 seater pod. People go into an area with computers and design their ride, it can be a roller coaster or a few other types of amusement park ride. After designing the ride two people go to sit in the pod. There are screens that come down in front of their faces but the sides are open and their legs dangle freely- in fact Jace had to take his flip-flops off to ride. The robotic arm simulator and the screen then act out the ride you just designed.

When we first walked up Robbie saw one of them simulators doing all kinds of dips and turns and declared he wasn't going to ride. Now, I would have been happy to do this ride with Jace BUT... big deep breath... You can see in the pictures I've posted of myself that I'm a pooh sized gal. Normally this isn't an issue at WDW but I'd heard this was one ride where it could be. There is a seat sitting out so people can try it out first and see if the seat size will be a problem but it is just sitting right out in the open and I was pretty mortified at the idea of trying it out while other people stood around and watched. Jace was getting upset, Robbie had already made up his mind without asking questions (kind of like he'd done with the stand-by time on Kali the day before) and I was almost in tears thinking that Jace wasn't going to get to do something he'd been looking forward to so much (and blaming myself for it). I was about to suck it up and sit in the test pod to see if I could do it with him but Robbie did eventually listen long enough to know that Jace didn't want to make a ride with that many dips and sharp turns and agreed to ride with him. Kya didn't want to do it and the two of us found a place to sit and wait for the guys. It's a good thing we had that time because I needed it to pull myself together after all that.

I was mad at myself about my weight (and embarrassed to be honest), mad at Robbie for being so stubborn and not realizing how important this was to Jace, and just generally upset about it all. I was fighting not to cry but I pulled myself together in time to watch Jace climb into the simulator and by the time they got off the ride all was forgotten. pixiedust: He LOVED this experience! He left telling me he was going to be an Imagineer someday. :goodvibes He wanted to go back immediately and make another more challenging ride but it was time to move on. (This was a theme all week- after a fun ride the kids would want to do it again immediately and I kept telling them that they wouldn't have time to experience the other fun things if they did the same things over and over again. :rolleyes: )

On the way out of Innoventions we grabbed a KP Mission so we could do that later in the evening and then went right into the other Innoventions building. The kids went into an exhibit called 'Where's the Fire' and it took FOREVER! Robbie and I waited in seats nearby and we thought they would never come out. :confused3 I think it took more than half an hour for this one display. After that we had no more time for Innoventions and just headed over to...
143.jpg

Continued...

The kids had been planning all along to try to trick Robbie into trying the Beverly but he was onto them. He was a good sport about it though and tried it anyway...
147-1.jpg

Kya let her curiosity get the best of her and wanted to try it out as well...
154.jpg

Jace and I opted not to try it. ;) I really liked the Mezzo from Germany- it was like Coke with a hint of citrus. There was an apple one that I think was from Mexico that was also really good. After we finished up at Club Cool we decided to headover to The Land to eat and ride Soarin'. I'm not sure if these guys are maintence or cleaners but either way their pretty brave...
158.jpg

We were about to go on in when we noticed the board with wait times said Nemo and Crush were both walk on. Since none of us were all that hungry at this point we decided to go to The Seas first. The kids seemed to enjoy Nemo and I enjoyed the sitting and relaxing. ;) We took a peek at the manatees and then went on to see Turtle Talk With Crush. We all loved this and even Robbie was laughing (probably because the humor in this show is sarcastic, just like us :laughing: ).

At this point we were all pretty hungry so we went over to Sunshine Seasons...
168-1.jpg

Kya and I both wanted chicken. However she only wanted legs, which is what comes on the children's menu. They were really nice and gave her the adult meal but instead of the half chicken they gave her three legs.
170.jpg

169.jpg

You can see the carrot cake I had for dessert- I had several of these during the week because they were AWESOME! If you like cream cheese frosting you should definately try the carrot cake at WDW!

Robbie got a reuben and Jace got a pizza sandwich... I can't seem to find the pictures right now. :confused3 At any rate neither of them enjoyed it very much and thought there was too much bread and not enough filling.

After lunch it was time to ride Soarin'. The stand-by line was about an hour and the FP distribution was for three hours later...
174.jpg

But with our GAD FP we were able to go to the FP machine and get an immediate return time...
175.jpg

Oh.My.Goodnes!!! I LOVED Soarin'! :cool1: We got to be front row center for our first ride and it was just amazing! I texted Karen as soon as we got off to say, "OMG Soarin'!" I never text but I loved it so much I had to tell her immediately! Kya wanted to ride again right away but Robbie was tired and Jace wanted to get back to the resort so I promised her we'd ride again when we came back in the evening.

This is such a great trip report. I love the way u tell it like it is and then sum it up with things learned and things I would have done differently. Your report is interesting, to the point and not she said blah blah blah and he said oh no u didn't. lol love your style of writing Tell Robbie to keep the ibuprofen coming and maybe a foot massage.:cool2:[/QUOTE]"]Up next: A far too short break and more drama in Epcot...

I have been reading your trip report and am caught up. It is exciting to read about someone's first trip. We are fortunate that we have been able to go when the weather is not too hot, I don't know how much of that heat I could stand.

I also home school my two children, so we have that in common.

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

I have been reading your trip report and am caught up. It is exciting to read about someone's first trip. We are fortunate that we have been able to go when the weather is not too hot, I don't know how much of that heat I could stand.

I also home school my two children, so we have that in common.

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

:welcome:

Free dining was the thing that lured us into September but I think waiting a couple of weeks until October would have made a huge difference with the heat. We did okay by staying hydrated, resting as needed, and finding air conditioned attractions and restaurants. :thumbsup2

I :love: homeschooling.

I really like those tie dyed Mickey head shirts :thumbsup2 They turned out great!

Thanks! Karen and our friend M.A. helped with those. We got tons of looks and even had people coming up to us wanting to know where we got them. :goodvibes

Alright, you have to tell me (or tell me where to look to find out) what you can get for breakfast with snack credits. This is info I don't have!

It sounds like you had a great time at innoventions. I have never spent much time there, but I'm hoping to spend more this trip. I'm sorry for the drama around sum of all thrills, but I'm glad that your DH finally decided to go on it! They should really have that seat in a more discrete area. :hug:

Club cool is so much fun. I've tried beverly, if you know it's bad it's not quite the shock that it is when you don't know!

The GAD fastpasses seem very useful! So cool that you got to use them!

I love all your pictures. They're so beautiful. You are going to enjoy looking back at them when you think about your trip!

Alright, you have to tell me (or tell me where to look to find out) what you can get for breakfast with snack credits. This is info I don't have!

There is a thread around somewhere that lists ALL of the confirmed snack credits at WDW but I can't find it. However I printed out the list and never needed it! It's so easy once you are there. Basically anywhere that takes the dining plan has a little purple and white symbol after everything that is a snack credit. And the rule is anything less than $4. So, pretty simple. At our resort the breakfast options were any of the desserts, bagels and pastries, fresh fruit, and biscuits and gravy. I think I had biscuits almost every day just because it was the most filling thing on the menu and I wasn't using many snack credits.

It sounds like you had a great time at innoventions. I have never spent much time there, but I'm hoping to spend more this trip. I'm sorry for the drama around sum of all thrills, but I'm glad that your DH finally decided to go on it! They should really have that seat in a more discrete area. :hug:

Innoventions was fun despite the drama. Jace really loved it and could have spent even more time there. I agree that the seat needs to be in a more discrete area. I saw another woman debating trying it out and eventually walking away. :sad2:

Club cool is so much fun. I've tried beverly, if you know it's bad it's not quite the shock that it is when you don't know!

:lmao:

The GAD fastpasses seem very useful! So cool that you got to use them!

We had three days of using them and it was so great! :thumbsup2

I love all your pictures. They're so beautiful. You are going to enjoy looking back at them when you think about your trip!

Thank you! I'm already enjoying them! :)

I had a very busy day yesterday and didn't have time to update, sorry about that! When I left off we'd just riden Soarin' for the first time and LOVED it and were now ready for an afternoon break. The thing is, I don't know if we were really ready for a break at this point but it was on my schedule and I wanted to get back in time to keep my evening schedule.

If you followed my PTR you may remember that I worked really hard on my World Showcase itinerary because I wanted to see as many of the shows as possible. I also really wanted plenty of time to explore each country. The kids also really wanted time to swim in the afternoon and if we were going to get back "on time" in the evening we needed to leave. BIG mistake!!! :eek:

We took the long walk back to the buses, waited, rode, walked back to our room and all this seemed to take FOREVER! On the bus Jace decided he didn't want to swim, he'd rather go to the arcade at the resort. Robbie agreed to take him while I took Kya to the pool. We went to the guitar pool since we hadn't tried it out yet. Kya and I relaxed and had fun but it was much harder to relax than in the piano pool. There was no shade and the music was loud. Plus Jace wasn't there to play with Kya so she hung on me for most of the time. :rolleyes: Poor Robbie didn't really get to relax at all because they have no place for parents to sit in the arcade. :confused3

When we met back at the room and Kya and I changed we headed back out the door without any real downtime. We trekked back to the buses and made our way back to Epcot. We'd decided to pare our park bag down a bit and only brought the kids autograph books and pressed penny tubes so we were using Kya's small backpack (there was no rain in the forecast for the evening so we decided a small backpack with no room for ponchos would be okay). Well, Kya's backpack has Taz on it and the CMs at bag check informed her she was at the wrong park. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

We hadn't gotten a PP pic in the morning since I couldn't find a photographer so we stopped to get one and the photographer also took a pic with my camera...
195.jpg

196.jpg

I realized at this point that I couldn't find my photopass card. Thanks to the DIS though I'd taken a picture of the code when we first received it so I wasn't worried about it and just got another one from the photographer. :thumbsup2

When we got in a water show was in full force at the fountain and the kids stopped to watch...
197.jpg

It was pretty impressive and the music was synchronized so perfectly. I really enjoyed this. Jace spotted the ice cream cart and we all wanted something to drink so we grabbed a snack and sat down at the outdoor seating area of the Electric Umbrella. I know it seems early for a break but we were starting to get worn out!

Our plan was to go ride Soarin' and head into World Showcase but since we were right next to Universe of Energy I thought we could go ahead and get it out of the way and then not have to come back into Future World on our next Epcot day. Seemed like a reasonable plan, only one problem- UoE was down. :rolleyes: Oh, well. We just turned around to walk back over to Soarin. This time when we passed the fountain the wind had really picked up and the water was blowing all across the area and the ground was wet all the back to the pin trading kiosk! The kids really enjoyed this...
218.jpg

Continued...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter