An Interesting Thing Happened When I Called CRO - They're Watching You!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by All Aboard, Nov 10, 2004.

1. All Aboard

All Aboard Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas

Yesterday, I called to try to make an adjustment to an upcoming reservation. When the Cast Member verified my email address he said "so, you're the gcurling from the DIS?" He caught me quite off guard. I've thought for some time that this may happen, since I make and adjust so many reservations. I instantly started thinking about any controversial posts I had made recently.

I'll hold back his name, I wouldn't want to cause him any trouble. And, if he's reading this, I got a big kick out of it - truly caught me off guard. Anyhow, thought the folks on this board might find this humorous.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. sphere99

sphere99 Mouseketeer

How would he know your user name by your email address?

4. All Aboard

All Aboard Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas

Well, my email address is gcurling@~serviceprovider~.com. It wasn't too big of a leap for him to make.

5. sphere99

sphere99 Mouseketeer

Wow so he has our user names memorized? Thats kinda freaky, mine is no where near my email address but wow.

6. oogieboogie

oogieboogie <font color=darkgreen>If all else fails... reboot!

There are plenty of CMs that populate the DIS. If the CM is a regular on the DIS he might've remembered the user name.

Just like our last trip, we ran into a CM who works at Whispering Canyon. The only reason she recognized us was because I had my kids' pic as my siggie and she recognized them!

7. browneyes

browneyes DIS Veteran

LOL! That would take me completely by surprise too.:teeth:

8. Disney Fool

Disney Fool <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Oh, yeah. When I checked into the Poly last February, one of the CM's saw my email address, and quipped, "Oh, so you're Disney Fool!" Then, I asked her if she read these boards, and she said they all did, but they couldn't respond. We had a lively conversation about that. I thought it was very funny. Wow! I'm a celebrity!:o :earseek:

9. kupperman

kupperman Captain EO rules!!

10. PamNC

PamNC DIS Veteran

I got in trouble with a CM friend of mine. And I felt absolutely horrible about it. He was always kind enough to get me his CM "Second Bedroom" discount. We would always take him out for a really nice dinner when he did this for us. Anyway, once he got us upgraded to concierge. I was on the boards one day and there was a post about whether or not concierge was worth the extra $$$. I chimed in, with my big mouth, that a CM friend had gotten me upgraded to concierge and that I didn't think it would be worth the extra $$. I didn't slam it really badly, but I did say that I would never pay for it as I didn't see the value other than the lounge offerings.

Apparently, someone at the hotel (I won't mention which one) that he works saw the post and figured out that I was his friend...by my name, PamNC. Everybody knew he had a friend named Pam from NC.

He mentioned it to me...and I felt about 2 inches tall. I, of course, apologized and thank goodness he forgave me.

They are watching - that's for sure!

PamNC

11. my3kids

my3kids <font color=blue>Helpful Cruise Board regular!<br>

I'm sorry but that would FREAK me out! I like to be invisible.....I would be totally skeeved out to think someone "knew" who I was. EEWWWWW.....

12. Chip 'n Dale Express

Chip 'n Dale Express Can't stay put!<br><font color=purple>I met lots o

I have to admit, I'm HORRIBLE at names... Actually, if it weren't for the fact that mine is already entered, I might forget my own user name!! LOL :crazy:

It's unfortunate, but if Disney had anything to do with it, I wouldn't be here. They can't tell us not to post, but if we post something bad, or say something wrong, it can effect us at work. Disney's big fear is that everyone thinks that I'm an "official" representative of Disney, which is understandable... but I'm just a regular Disney fan just like anyone else... I just happen to wear purple pants for my job. :)

13. LibertyBelle

LibertyBelle Guest

14. Carrieberry

Carrieberry <font color=9999CC>Has to post on the right thread

EEK! I wish someone would recognize me!! I have seen DIS people at the parks and we did an Iuuminations crusie a few years ago with some fellow DISers but I think it would be so fun to have a CM know who I was! My email that Disney has does not match my email though, so I guess that isn't going to happen!

15. Disney Fool

Disney Fool <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Well, I'm glad you're here, Tyler!!! You always try to "steer" people in the right direction. :p

16. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

I think I'll take this perfect opportunity to thank all those wonderful DIS CMs who give so much great info. You know who you are, even if we don't!! Thanks for taking the time to make our visits with you in WDW much more magical.

::yes:: :bounce: :worship: :bounce: ::yes::

17. sugarplumsmom

sugarplumsmom Always a Disney Dreamer

Well said goofy4tink!!

I couldn't agree with you more!!! Disney is the most magical place on earth and most of that magic comes from the most remarkable cast members!!!

Thank you all for making a life time of memories for me and my for my family!!!!!!!

Laura

18. Micca

Micca Where there's a will, there's an heir

I haven't been recognized from the Dis, but I realized when I was on with CRO that I had dealt with the same CM on a previous call on two prior occasions and she remembered me:teeth: I thought that was pretty remarkable considering there must be hundreds of people working the phones in CRO.:eek:

19. Dizz42

Dizz42 "...but I got you a really fast car."

Just recently, one of the absolutely, sweetest, kindest, most knowledgable CM's I ever talked to at DTC is Tracy Belle. LibertyBelle...would that happen to be you? I join Goofy4Tink and everyone here in saying a big THANK YOU to our CM posters!! :)

20. Chip 'n Dale Express

Chip 'n Dale Express Can't stay put!<br><font color=purple>I met lots o

LOL, nah... I'm used to meeting folks, especially after my time at Pop, where I was known as the resident celebrity... "Tyler, one of your fan club members is here!!!" they'd always tease me about it.

21. thedisneymom

thedisneymom I call 'em as I see 'em! Still wishes on stars! Li

Tyler
    I'll be at Pop this February and it would be an honor to meet you. I'll be looking at everyone's name tags to find you. I, personally, would love a cast member to recognize me.