An easy OKW question

DizGirl20

DIS Veteran
We just bought at AKV but I'm already thinking about our next contract. We stayed at OKW last year and absolutely loved it. My question is this:

Are there any times of year that OKW is difficult to book? It seems like it is such a large resort, I am wondering if I would ever run into problems at 7 months out if we bought elsewhere? Crazy as it sounds, it is a toss-up b/w OKW and BLT and I am thinking BLT would be harder to book than OKW at 7 months.

Thanks so much! :goodvibes

OKW and SSR are usually open at 7 months anytime.

If you buy OKW resale, be sure to check the expiration date. Original contracts expire in 2042, extended contracts in 2057.

GV's usually are hard to get for members who own elsewhere. They are the cheapest GVs of all and everyone wants one.

I booked a studio for Mother's Day weekend last year in late February and had to waitlist for the Monday and it actually came through the day before we left. If you can book at 7 months you are fine in fact many times you'll be fine well within 7 months but not always. Edited to mention that the OKW contracts on the resale market are a huge bargain. I personally feel that the BLT points are grossly overpriced but I don't care for BLT and I love OKW so I'm a bit biased.

I booked a studio for Mother's Day weekend last year in late February and had to waitlist for the Monday and it actually came through the day before we left. If you can book at 7 months you are fine in fact many times you'll be fine well within 7 months but not always. Edited to mention that the OKW contracts on the resale market are a huge bargain. I personally feel that the BLT points are grossly overpriced but I don't care for BLT and I love OKW so I'm a bit biased.

I agree with you.

I personally feel that the BLT points are grossly overpriced but I don't care for BLT and I love OKW so I'm a bit biased.
:thumbsup2 Yes, that's my feeling as well.

Something to think about when deciding where purchase... if you typically go with a studio, remember that at BLT only 10% of the studios are standard view, so booking very early will be a must to get those lower point totals. Whereas 70% are lake view, so you might need more points than you think if you're not planning 11 mo's out. OKW = all the same points.:) I own OKW, and yes, I'm biased.

Something to think about when deciding where purchase... if you typically go with a studio, remember that at BLT only 10% of the studios are standard view, so booking very early will be a must to get those lower point totals. Whereas 70% are lake view, so you might need more points than you think if you're not planning 11 mo's out. OKW = all the same points.:) I own OKW, and yes, I'm biased.

GREAT POINT - WOW! - THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!