An American Disney Fanatic in DLP

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board' started by conandrob240, Oct 4, 2012.

1. conandrob240

conandrob240 DIS Veteran

We visited DLP for one day in August on a recent trip to Paris. It was myself (40 yr old Disney fanatic who vists WDW 2-3 times per year), husband who also visits WDW frequently and my 13 yr old nephew who shares the Disney freak gene. We took the train from Paris early, arriving at DLP around 9am for a 10am opening. Bought tickets quickly and easily and got on line for Studios park heading straight for Crush & Gusher which we went on first. It was an awesome ride. I wish they would have built this instead of the very lame Nemo ride at WDW. We then spent time at the Toy Story section of the park and enjoyed a few rides there. This section was beautifully done. We saw Cinemagique which we all loved. Great show! We then ate lunch at the Remy themed buffet style restaurant and thought the food was great, the " show" with Remy adorable and the price reasonable for three people with wine less than 90 euro. We then went over to the Disney park and enjoyed every minute of seeing the different castle with dragon and hitting the rides to see how they compared. It was fun to do the " old" version of Pirates and Star Tours. And I loved the park's versions of Small World, the Haunted Mansion and BTM. They were GREAT.

Overall, we had an amazing day. Cast members were very nice and helpful, most other guests were fine and we didn't experience any line cutting. The parks were gorgeous and it was so cool that you could walk so easily between the two. It was an amazing day and we were so happy we got to see DLP!

To answer a question posted elsewhere, "yes". The DLP was as magical as the WDW parks in it's own way. It was visually gorgeous. New and exciting for us with some different rides & attractions. And I honestly liked a few ride versions better- it almost seemed like lessons were learned from WDW that were applied well at DLP.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. rockcow

rockcow Mouseketeer

Glad you had a great time! My family are also American Disney fanatics, but from the west coast. As we live in Colorado, we go to Disneyland once a year. We will be traveling to Paris next June for multiple family celebrations ( 25th anniversary, my 50th birthday, son's college graduation). I'm trying to put off major planning until after the holidays, but your post is making that hard!

4. tennisfan

tennisfan <font color=blue>Was told off for sliding down the Moderator

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm pleased you enjoyed your day:)

5. jillrobinson

jillrobinson DIS Veteran

Glad you enjoyed your time in our park and thanks for taking the time to come back and post about your experience :)

6. MinnieVanMom

MinnieVanMom DIS Veteran

Glad you liked the park. We also visited WDW and DL all the time and now call DLP home. It is different but good.

7. Mum to Belle

Mum to Belle <font color=royalblue>Thinks she may know someone

Disney Freak Gene!!! :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: Love it!

Glad you enjoyed your visit!! :goodvibes

8. Ware Bears

Ware Bears Mourning the loss of my tags Moderator

Glad you enjoyed your day :thumbsup2 (and experienced the magic :wizard: ) and thanks for sharing with us. :goodvibes

9. DLPDreams

DLPDreams I am like a child in a sweet shop, hyper on sugar!

Glad you had a good time :cheer2:. I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay elsewhere too.

10. JohnnySharp2

JohnnySharp2 No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a

Thanks for sharing, as frequent visitors to WDW our last 3 holidays have also been to DLP.
    I agree the convenience of having the parks so close together is a real positive, the Disneyland Park is fab, personally I find the Studios lacking in theming and character, but glad you enjoyed it.