An Adult Alone.....

flexsmom

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
So my DD and I are going on a 4-night for her spring break. She normally loves the clubs, so I thiknk we'll get a lot of quality time alone, as well as together, which ought to be great! So, I have a lot of good ideas for that time alone, but thought I'd throw something out there to see if any one else has been more or less alone as a grown-up? How did you pass the time?

flexsmom... I havent cruised with DCL but have with Carnival and RCCL.. I have cruised with the kids and without them.. When they are off doing their own thing I would grab a book and go to the deck and read and sun.. sometimes grab a drink and sit by the pool and relax.. The cruise lines I have been on have some classes and stuff for the adults, and of course there is the spa... I plan to watch a movie or 2 when we cruise on Disney.. Im really looking forward to our DisneyCruise next year.. :banana:

I was a solo adult cruiser on the Magic last week, and I found pleanty to do. I watched several movies, relaxed on the verandah, sipped tropical drinks at the Quiet Cove pool, and chatted with fellow DISers.....

Had a great time, and I would gladly go solo again :)

I have never sailed alone but coming from someone who doesn't mind doing things alone I can tell you that I would jump at the chance and would plan on having a blast :banana: even if I had to sail alone. Gotta love DCL! :cheer2:

I would use the time my ds was in the clubs to exercise, sit by the pool, enjoy the hot tubs, read, go to different classes, sit and enjoy the ocean passing by!

My kids did their own things while we were on the ship, and there were lots of things for adults to do, I wanted to read a whole book but didn't get that done because I was so busy doing things and when I did get to sit down to read I would end up getting really relaxed and fall asleep, there was a singles luncheon, cooking demos, napkin folding, wine tastings, and list goes on and on, I met a real nice lady from Orlando that was cruising alone and we sat and talked and I really enjoyed it. Most relaxing trip I've ever been on. I can't wait to do it again.
Have a fun trip.

You should have a wonderful, magical time.

I went on my very first cruise last year and I had a great time going solo. Of course, I went during Mousefest, so there were a lot of other great people to talk to.

I loved sitting on those comfy, padded, lounge chairs on deck four, I think. And just relax and people watch or ocean watch.

I also enjoyed the shows each night.

And I enjoyed the dinners each night.

There is a very relaxing pub on the Wonder that is also a sports bar and has large port hole windows to watch the waves go by.

I think that this year that I will take advantage of that new adult Cove lounge that serves coffee and has internet access.

And then there are the movies, bingo, and other things to do.

You'll have a magical time.

Sincerely, Ray :)

You know, I've been with my husband for 19 years now and I just can't imagine experiencing something like a cruise alone. For those that have done it, I'd like to ask an honest question...does it get kind of lonely? I mean, especially at night walking around on the decks by yourself? One night my DH had to go back to the room because he wasn't feeling well and I was alone for awhile. I headed right back to the room cuz I hated it! I'm so used to him by my side.

I don't know if they do this on every cruise, but the Navigators from the August Repo cruise had the following listing on most days:

"12:30 p.m. Cruise Staff Lunch. If you're a single parent or traveling alone join your Cruise Staff for an informal lunch at Parrot Cay, Deck 3, Aft (Guests 18 & older)."

If you're feeling the need for some adult conversation, maybe you can start here!

I am a solo traveler and vote for the padded deck chairs on deck 4, along with an iced tea and good book.

The Rainforest Room at the spa is a relaxing solo experience. :goodvibes

On our last cruise, I spent a great deal of time alone... the kids were off at The Stack and playing BBall.. only saw them at dinner ( 'cause they were made to join us) DH loves going to the movies on board.. so most of the time I spent alone.. went to the cooking demos, napkin folding, etc.. spent time on the deck 4 comfy chairs, walked around the ship for some exercise...
I was wonderful , so relaxing..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!