Amtrak Kids rate for $19?

princesssatheart

Mouseketeer
Anyone know when or if Amtrak will offer the $19 kids rates? I have heard they have done this in the past. If so, when was it offered? When was it good for? I already have my reservations for June, but am wondering if they will give me the discounted rate when it is offered. Will they make me cancel the current reservations and re-book with the discount? If so, I wonder if the discount will be worth it since the rates are so much higher as you get closer to the travel date.

I would imagine that Amtrak, like any other business, will offer a good discount if and when they need to fill up space. If it's a busy time of year for them, they probably won't offer a discount. And I can't imagine they would automatically give you refund. And yes, you would most likely have to cancel and rebook. But, I could be wrong.

Usually when a discount rate comes out and you already have reservations, you cannot apply the discount to these. You need to rebook.

I have no idea if Amtrak is going to offer discounts this summer or when previous discounts were offered.

From previous years, it looks like this deal usually comes out in early- to mid- April. I'll be watching for it as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter