American Idol

OrlandoMike

<font color=red>all I can say is beer hurts when i
Anyone else watching? This is my first time this year, but so far I love "manDIVA" and the 15 year old kid!

I don't usually watch the show, but after the week that Ace sang a George Michael's song I have had the biggest crush on him. Shhhhh! Don't tell DH.

True North said:
I don't usually watch the show, but after the week that Ace sang a George Michael's song I have had the biggest crush on him. Shhhhh! Don't tell DH.

Ace is my favorite too! What a hottie! :love:

Chris and Katharine are by far the best. Mark my words, they will be the top 2 to face off.

"ManDIVA" is my fave. I think she is the best by far. But I got a mad crush on Chris. I agree, Ace is a hottie, but he is just to pretty boy for my taste. Chris is my man!

FordFusion said:
Chris and Katharine are by far the best. Mark my words, they will be the top 2 to face off.

I agree...and I'm thinking Mandisa will be #3

MandiVa number 1 for me.

I was impressed with how well they all did tonight.

Ace please stop staring at me with those eyes.
I think we need to get Ace into a boy band.

We faithfully watch it every week. We like Katharine, Chris, Mandisa, and Taylor. There are a lot of really good ones this year and it is tough to decide who will be at the finale.

Got to stay with chris he is from NC
kellie...I Like her... but were not all that dumb.
Bucky... what can you say... just think there are 2 of him
My top 3 are chris, McPhee and Elliott

I LOVE Elliott's voice!! He's my fave, I aslo love Mandisa's voice. The rocker, Chris - I think, is good too! :sunny:

Yup, I'm an idol fan too... been watching since season 2. Finally got dp watching last season.

Anyway, my fav girls are Mandisa and Paris. Favorite guys are Chris, Elliot and Taylor.

As for Ace... well, let's just say I was excited he was in the bottom 3 last week. His stares make me sick, it's one of the reasons I didn't like Constantine last season. He was soooo shocked to be in the bottom three, I guess he had that notion that he would go far because he's "hot".

The votes have suprised me in the past, but based on last nights performances, I'm guessing the bottom three tonight will (or at least should) include:

Buckey, Lisa, and Kevin (with either Lisa or Kevin going home). I also didn't care too much for Chris or Taylor's performances last night, but they are still 2 of my favs.

Guess we'll find out tonight!

vascubaguy said:
As for Ace... well, let's just say I was excited he was in the bottom 3 last week. His stares make me sick, it's one of the reasons I didn't like Constantine last season. He was soooo shocked to be in the bottom three, I guess he had that notion that he would go far because he's "hot".

Can't agree with you more vascubaguy. Ace just seems really fake to me for some reason.

I have been watching since Season 1, and I have to say that I like more people this season than any other so far. My top faves for men in Chris (God he is soo hot :love: ) and ManDIVA for the girls. Paris is a close second, as is Elliot. Catherine is definitly growing on me as well...after the next couple of weeks when a few more go home, its anybody's guess who goes home.

As for this week, I thought this show was so much better than last week. Even the bad performances weren't horrible (except maybe for Lisa's). Although I didn't love Chris's performance, I love that every week he really tries to change the song to fit him, something that no other finalist has ever done consistently. He is definitly a true artist, can't wait to see what he does when he gets to put together a whole album.

I think the bottm 3 will be: Lisa, Bucky, and Kevin (Lisa/Bucky bottom 2), with Lisa going home.

Oh, and one more thing, does anyone know what Paula is talking about half the time? It just seems like every week she gets more and more crazy, with her hooting and hollering throught the performances like she's a groupie at a concert. Its almost a little embarassing. Anyone else notice this?

Artaxx said:
Can't agree with you more vascubaguy. Ace just seems really fake to me for some reason.

I have been watching since Season 1, and I have to say that I like more people this season than any other so far. My top faves for men in Chris (God he is soo hot :love: ) and ManDIVA for the girls. Paris is a close second, as is Elliot. Catherine is definitly growing on me as well...after the next couple of weeks when a few more go home, its anybody's guess who goes home.

As for this week, I thought this show was so much better than last week. Even the bad performances weren't horrible (except maybe for Lisa's). Although I didn't love Chris's performance, I love that every week he really tries to change the song to fit him, something that no other finalist has ever done consistently. He is definitly a true artist, can't wait to see what he does when he gets to put together a whole album.

I think the bottm 3 will be: Lisa, Bucky, and Kevin (Lisa/Bucky bottom 2), with Lisa going home.

Oh, and one more thing, does anyone know what Paula is talking about half the time? It just seems like every week she gets more and more crazy, with her hooting and hollering throught the performances like she's a groupie at a concert. Its almost a little embarassing. Anyone else notice this?

I agree that this is probably the most talented group of finalists. I also think there are several "fake" people up there... trying to "act" and play the audience to get more votes. Ace with the eyes, and Pickler with the dumb routine. *blah*

In regards to Paula... yes, how could you NOT notice! I think it is funny sometimes when she is standing up and dancing during the performance. I mean I know she is standing, but when they do the shot from the back of the audience towards the stage, it still looks like she's sitting down. :rotfl2: However, her interactions with Simon are extremely annoying most of the time and her comments for the contestants are usually pretty stupid. Example: "There are just some contestants that I just can't wait to hear each week. You look great tonight!" I think she throws in the "you look great" because she said the first part, and then realized the person she was talking to WASN'T one of those she looks forward to hearing. :lmao:

vascubaguy said:
However, her interactions with Simon are extremely annoying most of the time and her comments for the contestants are usually pretty stupid. Example: "There are just some contestants that I just can't wait to hear each week. You look great tonight!" I think she throws in the "you look great" because she said the first part, and then realized the person she was talking to WASN'T one of those she looks forward to hearing. :lmao:

Yeah, and she said that after earlier in the show putting Simon down for saying who he thinks will make it to the top three. I think she should just leave American Idol and go judge America's Next Top Model since the only thing she ever says is how great everyone looks! :teeth:

Oh...and I totally agree on the Pickler comment. My DP and I had this discussion last week. I'm not buying her act, but he doesn't think shes acting. I hope she is, because if she isn't...just wow. :teeth:

Poor Chicken Little got voted off.

Oh well, I have a feeling he has a carear ahead of him.

Wouldnt be surprised if he has a contract by the morning with either Disney or Ron Perlman.

When is Paula going to whip out the lighter like she is at a concert?

OrlandoMike said:
Poor Chicken Little got voted off.

Oh well, I have a feeling he has a carear ahead of him.

Wouldnt be surprised if he has a contract by the morning with either Disney or Ron Perlman.

When is Paula going to whip out the lighter like she is at a concert?

:rotfl2:

FINALLY!!! I'm glad Lisa got a 2nd chance... she's gotta step it up or she'll be gone next week.

Did you notice that Simon was holding a lighter on Tuesday night? I was wondering if he grabbed it from her so she couldn't do that! :confused3

I felt bad for the little guy (Chicken Little), although it was inevitable he would have been voted off during the next week or so.

I also got the same bottom 3 right, but I got Lisa wrong, I thought she would have gotten voted off tonight instead.

Sadly I watched UNANIMOUS (spelling ?) afterwards, and I was getting annoyed with the Gay Choice Debate going on show number one.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed that Paula is acting like a strange one lately. DD's and I were talking last night about how annoying it is that she gets up and dances and really gets into some of these performances. The first season or two(at least) she was using constructive criticism very well. She would comment on what they needed to change, what went wrong, how they were off-tune, etc. What happened to that?? I think she's been making a total fool of herself.

As for Kevin getting voted off, I am SOOOOOO glad. Yes, he could sing on a cruise line but he AIN'T no American Idol. Also glad to hear Elliot has some more fans out there. I truly believe Chris will go all the way, but you can never tell....Ace is really cute and had me on the floor with that MJ song???? a couple weeks ago(sorry, I like him :blush: )....but I certainly don't think he's the most talented. Unless she pulls off a stellar performance(not that it matters on this show) I think Lisa will be gone next week.

So how WAS Unanimous??? I didn't watch it because the previews alone made my toes curl....I figure I'm too impatient to watch it.

mickeymousemom said:
So how WAS Unanimous??? I didn't watch it because the previews alone made my toes curl....I figure I'm too impatient to watch it.

As Simon would say, I thought it was rather pointless. Just didn't have that WOW factor. I mean seriously, I saw this show the first time when it was called 'Big Brother'. I think the gay issue was overdone... I'm sure there was other things they could have focused on... I just hope that the "secret" of the preacher lady comes back to haunt her... :confused3 I doubt I'll continue to tune into that show, although I probably will because I think dp said he enjoyed it.

I usually tape the result show and watch it after it is done so I can fast forward through 99% of the show to get to the good stuff, so I didn't realize that Unanimous started last night until it was already over. I probably would have checked it out, but from the sounds of it, I'm glad I didn't. Besides, we do not need anymore shows to watch. Our DVR is backed up as it is.

As for Kevin going home, I couldn't be happier. Although my DP will be upset (he loved him). I was just getting really tired of the whole stud joke. And I think that his comment to Simon a couple of weeks ago about not expecting much from him kind of made him seem a little full of himself, and that doesn't help your chances very much. It made me really start to dislike him. And does anyone else think that him and Paris are together? Everytime they show them at some function or hanging out, they are arm and arm. And She looked devistated when he was voted off last night.

Anyway, I say that unless Lisa pulls out an amazing performance, which I really think she is capaible of (she was my early pick to make it really far from the audition shows), she will probably be going home next week. I think Bucky will go after that, and then its gonna get a lot harder. I just hope Pickler goes home soon. The girl can sing, but her "what does Ballsy mean?" comment last night just pushed me over the edge to not liking her.

Man, I am way to obsessed with this show. Its sad really :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter