American Girl Bed-UPDATE

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Gorechick, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Gorechick

Gorechick DIS Veteran

Hi, I tried to find the thread we posted on when the Today show deal came out. My DD got her AG Marie Grace yesterday and absolutely adores it. I'm kicking myself for not getting the bed on sale. I thought someone on the thread had an extra. Please let me know.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. scootch

scootch DIS Veteran

It was me... and i already sold it. Sorry. I could kick myself for not buying an extra doll. We have a school auction and it would have been a great donation.

4. QVCshopper

QVCshopper DIS Veteran

Bummer! I got my DD8 the bed and Marie-Grace doll. They are both lovely and DD keeps carrying them around from room to room. I just couldn't pass up the 60%+ savings.

5. Gorechick

Gorechick DIS Veteran

Thanks for the replies. The doll was a splurge for me and I was more concerned with getting it than the bed too. I tried eBay but they are still pretty expensive. Maybe we'll find a different cute bed for her.

6. melindae10

melindae10 Mouseketeer

Is it a certain bed? You can get furniture that fits American Girl dolls at Target, it is just not the American Girl brand. They are a lot cheeper. Or if you or your husband are handy you can find plans to build a little bed at the great website called Knock Off Wood. Just some ideas :thumbsup2

7. msdaisy

msdaisy Mouseketeer

8. richmond282

richmond282 Trumpet players don't have egos, we're just better

I have heard that IKEA has beds that will work for AG dolls too. I don't live near a store, but if you do, you might want to check there too.

9. reginaastralis

reginaastralis DIS Veteran

I was about to post the same thing about IKEA and the bed. I plan on going there within the next couple of weeks, it's in my town. If you want, I can take a picture of it and send it to you.

From what I've heard, they're around $10 and wood that you can stain/paint. I've found adorable bedding on etsy that's around $25.

10. Gorechick

Gorechick DIS Veteran

I looked that one up online. It's cute.

11. Avonlady1001

Avonlady1001 DIS Veteran

12. Gorechick

Gorechick DIS Veteran

I considered that one too, however I read that the canopy was tough to put together and could break.

13. TLuvsD

TLuvsD DIS Veteran

Michaels has one, it's the Springfield doll bed with bedding...not sure about the price. I am sure Hobby Lobby has one as well.

14. brookmey

brookmey I may live in the south, but I bleed maize and blu

The Ikea beds are great for AG dolls. They're wooden and very sturdy and durable. They cost around $25 and they come with bedding. You can paint them, decorate them and even create bunk beds out of them.

15. Gorechick

Gorechick DIS Veteran

I found a Springfield one at Michael's and had a 50% coupon so I got it for $20. I'm also eyeing an inexpensive but cute one on eBay. We have 2 dolls, an AG Marie Grace and a Madame Alexander. My DD wants a My American Girl next. When did your girls start outgrowing AG? Mine is only 7 but I don't want to invest too heavily if she'll be out of it in a couple of years.

16. wendow

wendow DIS Veteran

My 12 and 10 yo dd's still ADORE their AG dolls and play with them often, take them places, bring them to the table for meals, etc :)

17. foltzy

foltzy Mouseketeer

My 7 year old loves her AG doll. She only has one currently

This year my dad made her a canopy bed for the doll. I need to make or buy covers, pillows and get the material for the canopy but she loves it and it's pink which is her favorite color.

18. Gorechick

Gorechick DIS Veteran

UPDATE- I just got Marie Grace's bed BNIB from someone on Craigslist for $60. We are in the thick of AG right now. My DD and DS are reading the stories and we are plotting our next purchase. I also found a boy doll that is similar to AG for my DS so he can play with his twin sister.

19. wallawallakids

wallawallakids DIS Veteran

Pottery Barn Kids doll beds fit AMG dolls as well. I got my DD hers there on sale. It is a really cute sleigh bed and I only paid $19. They have sales there a lot if you keep checking. They have a GOTZ line right now and actually GOTZ are manufactured by the exact same place in Germany where American Girl dolls used to be made back in the day (when I was a kid. :lmao:) The Gotz clothes fit AG too. I bought my youngest DD a Gotz doll when she was 3 because she kept wanting an AMG doll like big sister and I felt like she was too young for the real thing. She still has no clue it isn't AMG.

20. cndij

cndij Mouseketeer

Just a heads up for those still looking for a bed. The Marriott in Atlanta, nearest the mall where The American Girl store is (Alpharetta???) usually has a frequent room special where you get a free doll bed with the room rate. This is available for regular rooms, plus they have a more expensive special decorated American Girl room for a different rate. Might have help if you are headed to Atlanta area. I'm not sure about Marriotts near other stores, but you might want to check those too.

21. Pembo

Pembo OH-IO

For those close to Amish Country (in Ohio), we got dd a bunk bed for her AG dolls for about $30. It is handmade Amish quality. She LOVES it and it was much less expensive than the AG ones.