American Express Travellers Cheques.

Bea

DIS Veteran
I bought some US funds Amex travellers cheques for our upcoming trip. Is everyone in Orlando familiar with these? Will everyone take them? I got some in $100.00 denominations, which I am now rethinking....say we cash one at McD's for $20.00, would they refuse a $100.00 travellers cheque (becuase of all the change I would need)?

If you use them at the Downtown Disney Location, not a problem!

Enjoy your trip!

Scratch
pirate:

We just got back an dused AE travellers cheques everywhere never had a problem we had 100's and 50's and never had a problem cashing them

PaulJ

:cool: :cool:

You can use traveler's cheques everywhere. I have know some people running into the problem of cashing bigger denominations cause the place that they were trying to use at, didn't have the back-up cash. $20.00 are always good.

and i used these. No one on site looked twice at them and I had no problems getting change. Off site I was asked for ID at one store but no problem getting 80 $ dollars in change.

Nancy

Bea...I decided to use Amex Travel Cheques instead of my Visa last trip, and like you I was worried about the larger demonination...but based on my experience, don't be...in fact, I had the majority in $20's and it was a bit of a pain signing all the cheques when we dropped a few hundred at the Disney Store in WDW :rolleyes:...here I was, bent over and getting writers cramp and the line up behind me was getting bigger:o ...oh well, you learn

I've used them with no problems too. At the outlet malls, I was asked for photo ID but that's about it. I like the cheques with dual signatures ... my DBF and I buy them and sign them together but it only requires one of our signatures to cash them! Pretty handy because I go through my cheques a little more quickly sometimes :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter