• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amber Alert systems closed down

mom2alix said:
"Air Force captain Lindy Singleton, chief of public affairs for the Eleventh Wing, explained that the course remains open because it’s financed via user fees."

http://m.nationalreview.com/corner/360574/presidents-favorite-golf-course-partially-shut-down-military-base-remains-open-alec

I looked this up. Apparently the course isn't taxpayer funded so it's still open because the users pay for it, not us.

Makes sense. This has been how af courses have been for a long time.
Kinda sad that some folks have decided to make up some.... Ummm... 'facts' to grab headlines.

Makes sense. This has been how af courses have been for a long time.
Kinda sad that some folks have decided to make up some.... Ummm... 'facts' to grab headlines.
Why bother with the truth when half-baked lies are far more interesting?

States rights and responsibilities vs. federal rights and responsibilities. i.e. constitutional issues

Ok. That makes sense in a certain way, lol, even though the practical part of me says it is similar.

My cousin was in DC yesterday and the WWII memorial was barricaded up again, but the Vietnam Memorial and Korean War Memorial were open for people walking through. Many minor open air government sites are open, because no on is bothering the block them off because it doesn't make good press, like the Lincoln Monument and the WWII Memorial.

My cousin was in DC yesterday and the WWII memorial was barricaded up again, but the Vietnam Memorial and Korean War Memorial were open for people walking through. Many minor open air government sites are open, because no on is bothering the block them off because it doesn't make good press, like the Lincoln Monument and the WWII Memorial.

Why anyone would think closing any Military Memorial is beyond me:confused3

My NBC news affiliate said tonight that there were reports that the White House closed the Amber alert website to get public sympathy for the shutdown. Seems things aren't as always as innocent as they seem .....

My NBC news affiliate said tonight that there were reports that the White House closed the Amber alert website to get public sympathy for the shutdown. Seems things aren't as always as innocent as they seem .....

Fox says it's fine and online. No offense, but could you please share how this is related to your budget?

:)

leahjade said:

I gave you an actual link on page 1 that explained the website status.
Any chance you will correct the title on this thread? Maybe it's an innocent mistake it doesn't say amber alert website was temporarily down, now up?

but could you please share how this is related to your budget?

Let me count the ways:

1. According to Forbes Magazine
Obamacare Will Increase Health Spending By $7,450 For A Typical Family of Four

2. There goes my IRA again. During the first six days of the government shutdown, investors had a relatively blasé attitude toward the drama in Washington. But as a critical Oct. 17 deadline approaches, stocks continue to fall.

3. And let's not forget my taxes which will surely go up since someone has to pay for all this mess. Let us remember that the government is being shut down to try to get rid of Obamacare which will increase the long-term federal deficit by $6.2 trillion, according to a Government Accountability Office

Let me count the ways:

1. According to Forbes Magazine

2. There goes my IRA again. During the first six days of the government shutdown, investors had a relatively blasé attitude toward the drama in Washington. But as a critical Oct. 17 deadline approaches, stocks continue to fall.

3. And let's not forget my taxes which will surely go up since someone has to pay for all this mess. Let us remember that the government is being shut down to try to get rid of Obamacare which will increase the long-term federal deficit by $6.2 trillion, according to a Government Accountability Office

I guess I just don't get your point. I have a portfolio to protect, but, really, that has something to do with Amber Alerts and a golf course?

I don't think so.

:)

I guess I just don't get your point. I have a portfolio to protect, but, really, that has something to do with Amber Alerts and a golf course? I don't think so. :)
The whole thread was never about Amber Alerts and a golf course, LOL.

there is NO White House golf course. This Pres. Displaced service members and plays on the courses at nearby bases.

I so wish that people would actually check the facts before they post things.

There is no White House Golf Course - Period!!

There are only 12 new items on Snopes since the shutdown started, not all are related to the shutdown, and some of those that are related are marked True, Mixed, or Partially True. So, what are the 25 false ones and where did you verify them as false? Just curious.

As for this one, www.AmberAlerts.gov was indeed shut down, redirected to a shutdown notification page. Apparently the system was still up issuing alerts, but the website was definitely down. So perhaps just a poorly worded title in the OP.

Some of the things going around on FB are old, like the "HIV needles" under gas pumps and Jackie chan being dead and such. They just seem to resurface every so often. :confused3 Everything I'm seeing isn't new and/or political.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter