Amazon Moms Club/Amazon Prime question

TaraPA

Can't live without a ticker!!!!
A few weeks ago someone posted on here that you could sign up for some sort of Moms Club on Amazon.com & be eligible for certain discounts. I did go & sign up - and now today when I want to place an order, I'm receiveing free S&H because of Amazon Prime. I thought Amazon Prime was something different & that I had to pay extra for it.

Does anyone know - does being a member of the Amazon Moms Club give you free access to Amazon Prime & Free S&H? I don't want to place the order & then get billed for something later on.

No you get full Amazon Prime benefits (minus the streaming movies) through Amazon Mom. At least for 3 months. Then you have to spend $25 in baby related gear (and Amazon recognized) to gain an additional month. You can continue buying $25 to earn an additional year.

Wow that's great! I'm ordering lots of non-baby or kid items today, I assumed I'd have to order those things to get any benefits. Ok well then I might need to shop for more things if I'm getting free S&H through Amazon Moms!

Thanks for the info!

you would be amazed at the stuff included in the "baby and kid" section. I ordered an air mattress awhile back and it was included. You will see a yellow highlighted area at top of page if it is included.

That was probably me who posted about Amazon Mom. DH and I are both signed up because dads can sign-up, too. Also, I mentioned that you don't have to be a mom of a baby or toddler. The CS rep told me as long as you're a mom, dad, grandparent, daycare provider, whatever -- you can sign up. After the free trial expires at the end of 3 months, you lose the benefits (including the free 2 day shipping), but every time you spend something in the mom store, you get another month added for free. So I may buy some diapers for an upcoming baby shower, get the mom diaper discount and the free shipping, and I get an extra month added to my membership. You can keep doing this for a year.

Here's info from the website:

• FREE Two-Day Shipping: All Amazon Mom members qualify for three months of FREE Two-Day shipping with Amazon Prime. You can extend this benefit: for every $25 you spend in the Baby Store, you earn an extra month of free Prime shipping benefits, up to a year.

Eligibility & Sign-Up:

It doesn't cost anything to participate in Amazon Mom, and all parents and caregivers are eligible to join. To receive personalized offers, e-mails, and product recommendations based on the age and stage of your child, simply provide information about your family (name, gender, and birthday of your child, or your due date if you are expecting a child). We respect strict privacy standards with this information and never share your information with other companies.

To sign-up, visit the Amazon Mom sign-up page at www.amazon.com/mom. Once you submit the sign-up form, you'll receive an e-mail confirmation.

Do make sure to keep tabs on when/if your Prime membership ends because they automatically charge you the 79.99 at that point. I didn't notice and used it after my free trial had ended. I cancelled immediately and they just prorated the membership cost, which I completely appreciated.

Do make sure to keep tabs on when/if your Prime membership ends because they automatically charge you the 79.99 at that point. I didn't notice and used it after my free trial had ended. I cancelled immediately and they just prorated the membership cost, which I completely appreciated.

Yikes! That's what I'm afraid of...I'm trying to find info on my account ilke when I signed up for the Moms thing, and when it expires, but I can't seem to find any info.

Found it! My Prime membership trial ends September 1st. So they just charged your card on file $79.99 at that point? Maybe after this order I will remove the card I have saved there.

when my mom's amazon prime runs out I will pay the 80$ a year for it.. I can NOT live with out prime... i order from there weekly... and another poster is right a lot of things are included with to get it extended... I just bought a scooter and it was included extending it another month...

Found it! My Prime membership trial ends September 1st. So they just charged your card on file $79.99 at that point? Maybe after this order I will remove the card I have saved there.

They will but you can always go into your account setting under Manage Prime Membership and click the Do not automatically upgrade membership button. I always immediately do this whenever I get a free trial so I won't forget!

What happens when the three months of FREE Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime end--will I be charged?

• No, you will not be charged anything. If you earned additional months of free shipping benefits by spending in the Baby Store, then your free shipping benefits will be extended by the appropriate amount. If you did not earn additional months, then the free shipping benefit will simply end. You can always join Amazon Prime at the normal subscription price.

Just to add, OP: they give you reminder emails that your free trial is about to expire and they also give you reminders of how many months you have left, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter