Amazon Grocery Clearance

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by melafive, Sep 4, 2008.

1. melafive

melafive Mouseketeer

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. branv

branv <font color=blue>The safety feature in my parents

Awesome! Thank you so much, I just ordered some k-cups for my Keurig, and those puppies aren't cheap. I need all the discounts I can get ;)

4. alliedogsmom

alliedogsmom When pigs fly...LOL

Thank you so much for this!!! I am "stockpiling" staples and got almost $200 worth of groceries for about $88! And free shipping to boot! How did you find out about this?? :worship:

5. PBJ's Mom

PBJ's Mom Earning My Ears

Has anyone ever ordered from the Amazon clearance before? I am wondering if these items are close to the exp. date or if the "club stores" just stopped using. Most items seem to be a club pack??

Any thoughts?

6. minnie1928

minnie1928 WDW addict

Thanks!

7. MommaSnowwhite

MommaSnowwhite DIS Veteran

Thank you! 10 boxes of cereal for $17.00!:banana:

8. njsweetP

njsweetP DIS Veteran

Thanks! Just picked up my coffee pods for Senseo and cold brew tea bags!
    Awesome post!

9. ahiltz

ahiltz Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for letting us know about this great deal. I placed a big order for Keurig coffee, too. However, when I put the code in, it only gave me 40% off! Did others get 55% or was it a mistake and only 40% (which is still a great deal)?

10. lovebuzz

lovebuzz DIS Veteran

11. melafive

melafive Mouseketeer

Actually I found it on Fatwallet but slickdeals could have been first.

I am glad you guys found some stuff. I have found some great ideas on how to save and earn money from disboards and I just wanted to spread the love. :lovestruc

12. lilsweetpea

lilsweetpea Mouseketeer

What a great deal for K-cups and Tassimo pods!

I stocked up for winter!

13. eeyorefan74

eeyorefan74 DIS Veteran

Thanks for this. I just stocked up on Halloween candy and instant breakfast!

14. aribelle

aribelle DIS Veteran

Where do you enter the code?

15. delmar411

delmar411 DIS Veteran

be aware that some things are short dated and that's why they are clearanced. I got a cereal deal from them last year and only had a month to eat like 8 boxes of cereal. I was more than a little annoyed as that should be noted on the item description but wasn't.

16. jcemom

jcemom Official Tag Fairy Assistant

Thank you!

I got some drink mixes and some candy for DD's birthday pinata. :goodvibes

I figure expiration dating on things like that won't really matter much. They should be good for quite some time after the sell-by date, and the candy we'll use soon anyway.

On the page that asks for payment information. Your CC number info is at the top of the page, the box to enter a code is maybe 3/4 of the way down the page or a little more.

17. dismom301930

dismom301930 Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for posting this! I just ordered a bunch of coffee k-cups.

They do let you know on the clearance home page that some products might expire soon. Here is the exact quote:
    For a limited time, save an additional 55% on more than 5,000 eligible items in our current Clearance Event. Use the following code when you check out: CLRNCFTY. Please note that some clearance items may have a short shelf life and are not refundable.

18. pearlieq

pearlieq <font color=green>They can sit & spin<br><font col

Thanks! I just stocked up on a bunch of our crazy-expensive cat food at half price!!!

19. aribelle

aribelle DIS Veteran

That was the only place I could find also, which means that you can't see what the discounted price is without having to go through that whole purchase process. Ugh.

And beware...it's not all their food items....I put in several items and it doesn't take the % off.

Plus....these aren't super great deals for the items I wanted....for instance Crystal Light....the regular price is $19.71 for a 6 pack, so $8.87 with the discount....that comes to $1.81 each. Walmart sells these for $1.88 according to my August 8th receipt.....saving 7 cents isn't worth it if the expiration dates are near. Granted Crystal Light isn't one of those things I'd worry about the expiration date for a while, but I always have coupons to buy these so really if I wait for the coupons it's cheaper AND not expiring. On August 8th my coupon was for .25.

I'm sure there are plenty of items I'm not comparing that may have good prices, but just a heads up to do the math AND think about whether you can consume this food in a short time (what is short, well you won't know until you receive it!). It's not a bargain if you throw it out because it's expired.

20. Schachteles

Schachteles DIS Veteran

I just ordered 22 boxes of cereal for $39.17!! :banana:

21. wdw_dine_junkie

wdw_dine_junkie DIS Veteran

Which Senseo pods did you find that you can use the code with?