Amazing Rental Car Deal!

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by ktate82, Mar 26, 2013.

1. ktate82

ktate82 DIS Veteran

I had to share the amazing deal I just got on Avis. We got a full size rental car from a Sat-Mon for $7.24!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Found a coupon code TUEA002, its good for two overnight weekends. It said in the box "overnight stay required Friday night", but we called and the support woman stated it was indicating that we would have the car over night for Sat and Sun. I'm so excited!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ktate82

ktate82 DIS Veteran

Oh and its only good through June 30, 2013.

4. danceintherain

danceintherain DIS Veteran

Where are you renting it from?
    I tried the AVIS at the Hilton in Downtown Disney and it's pretty much coming out to full price.

5. ktate82

ktate82 DIS Veteran

Its the same one....You have to select your car (I did a pay later so I could cancel if I needed to) and the next page it shows the discount.

6. danceintherain

danceintherain DIS Veteran

K, Thanks! I got myself all confused, because originally I had only been planning on renting the car for 1 or 2 days, so the total was coming out around the same when I made it for longer with the discount. It was going to be more expensive for Sun-Tues, since it's a weekend discount.

Anyways...I didn't do as well as you did, but I got a Sat-Tues rental for $69.36
    I may keep looking, but I have a feeling I won't be able to do much better than that.:thumbsup2

7. 2TxAgs

2TxAgs DIS Veteran

So this is a great deal, and better than any I've gotten so far. But we're not staying at the Hilton in DTD, so what's the best/cheapest way to get there from MCO? (I had my original reservation thru an agency at MCO - if it's expensive to travel from MCO to the Hilton, then I've probably used up any savings associated with the code.)

Thanks!

8. ktate82

ktate82 DIS Veteran

I think they have an Avis at the airport. It wasn't an exclusive offer to Avis at the Hilton. I just did that one so I could get there easily from DTD.

9. bananasplitkids

bananasplitkids Mouseketeer

I was just going to post this. Just booked a weekend rental in Miami for $18.

10. *Flower*

*Flower* Needs to Win the Lottery!!

Didn't work for me :(
    Got quoted $277 for the weekend. Oh well....

11. mousey

mousey DIS Veteran

Rate was an additional $102 to pick up and drop off at the airport instead of the Hilton.:confused3

12. 2TxAgs

2TxAgs DIS Veteran

That's why I asked about getting to the Hilton cheaply; it is much cheaper to use this code when picking up the car at the Hilton vs MCO.

I'll check out the transportation board to see if anyone has suggestions....

13. nhmommy

nhmommy Mouseketeer

Where are you staying?

14. Ragnrok23

Ragnrok23 DIS Veteran

When looking at a map, it seems to be right across the street from DTD bus stop (the first one)

Of course I've never really paid attention- but I was thinking of doing that

FYI- you can't pick up the car at MCO and drop it off at the Hilton (I tried and said code wasn't good for one way)

15. luvmy3

luvmy3 <font color=green>When I drink I find its easier t

Just an FYI, that code is intended for use with an AMEX Platinum card, it is a rewards code. It has been posted on a lot of discount sites, but so far nobody has picked up a car yet so it is unknown if Avis will honor it for people without the AMEX CC and other criteria met.
    Don't want you guys to be caught by surprised if you are counting on that discounted price.

16. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

17. Shelly F - Ohio

Shelly F - Ohio Disney Extraordinaire

I have used them several times. Its an 8 minute walk from the DTD bus stop.

*** for those who want to use the deal they are asking you to present the coupon at the rental counter now!!!

18. Shelly F - Ohio

Shelly F - Ohio Disney Extraordinaire

Its been reported that those who booked this deal are receiving emails telling them that their rental was cancelled.

19. dznyacct

dznyacct DIS Veteran

Mine was cancelled :worried:. I think they should honor their mistake/error :confused3:.

20. ktate82

ktate82 DIS Veteran

I guess if somethings too good to be true it prob is. Mine got canceled as well.

21. luvmy3

luvmy3 <font color=green>When I drink I find its easier t

It wasn't a mistake, there were terms and conditions associated with using that code. It required an actual paper coupon when picking up the car as well as an AMEX platinum credit card. If you used the code online and didn't have either of those things, it was your mistake not AVIS'. The code was "leaked" onto discount sites, its not AVIS' fault that happened and its not their fault that people expected to get a discount that was never intended for them.