• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazing Race #22, NON-spoiler thread!

Docs---glad they left! If you don't like water don't go on the show.
Newlyweds---don't like them

The rest are all ok---no favs yet

Docs---glad they left! If you don't like water don't go on the show

It sure wouldn't be as interesting to watch and instead of real people it would be just be a stunt show with stunt people.

So sorry to see the Doctors go. To bad they didn't switch tasks earlier. The newlywed's have GOT to GO.

I really wanted to slap the twin doctors upside the head. Why not try the other task if you would not snorkel, for goodness sake?!? For that bit of frustration alone, I am glad they lost the leg and are out.

Thank You. I think they should be embarrassed for themselves. How quickly was one of them urging the other to quit and take the penalty?

As a Canadian, I'm hardwired to root for the hockey players. Joke aside, I think they are pretty funny and seem to have a great relationship.

So far the Roller Derby Moms and the Hockey guys are my favorite.

I could have seen any of the bottom 3 go and be happy. The twins whined a lot. And I don't understand why if you're going on the Amazing Race and you don't know how to swim/are afraid of the water, you don't go out and get some swim lessons!

And I don't understand why if you're going on the Amazing Race and you don't know how to swim/are afraid of the water, you don't go out and get some swim lessons!

Exactly!! I would want to find a local pool and spend a lot of time there getting used to swimming, being underwater, snorkeling, etc.

And when the doctors were only bringing one clam at a time up to the boat to check it, oh my gosh!! Common sense guys! That just proves my point that well educated people don't always have much in the common sense department. ;) I was sorry to see them go though, I did like them.

I hope the father and son can continue the race. I don't know yet which team I'm really cheering for, but I do know it's NOT the newlyweds. Can't stand her, she is just a complete....can't say it here. ;)

Moving over from the spoiler thread. So far, the hockey players and roller derby moms are my favorites.

Was glad to see the doctors go, just because they didn't bother to learn to swim.....really, did they learn nothing from the "twinnies" last season?!? Practice, people.

Team You-tube & the country girls & mullet man don't bother me & I enjoy watching them. I do NOT enjoy the newlyweds or the team with the 2 express passes. (Both is more the male than female bothering me at this point!)

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

New Zeland is beautiful! That water was so blue. :) I don't think the Dad/Son team is going to last long with the boot on his foot. If I were him, I'd want to get back home to see a US doctor.

I like the double legs. They haven't done one in a while.

I know the Dad/SOn team wanted to be first but I think they bailed on fishing too soon. If there was even a hint of staying in the race I would have save the Express Pass for a harder task. I am not sure if they will continue

I can't believe Dad/son are considering quitting now. Unless he is in terrible pain, why not continue until they come up against a task that is just impossible? For all they know the next one might be an eating or a puzzle task...

At first I was yelling at the father/son team to keep trying the fishing - they had some time yet.

But, by using the express pass, they were able to come in first and won a trip to Bangkok. :cool1: Not too shabby. They KNOW they won't be able to finish the race so they might as well get one prize. IMHO, they might as well try the next part of the leg. If it proves too difficult or just impossible, they can then hang it up at that point. But dad does need to get proper care for that tear before he does irreparable damage to his leg. Fine line there.

I must admit, it was genius for the team with the 2 express passes to give it to the father/son team. 1 - they fulfill their end of the bargain with the alliance but, more importantly, 2 - they get rid of it to a team with no chance of being a long-term threat to winning the race.

Mullet man's wife after she threw the fish back in... :happytv:

At first I was yelling at the father/son team to keep trying the fishing - they had some time yet.

But, by using the express pass, they were able to come in first and won a trip to Bangkok. :cool1: Not too shabby. They KNOW they won't be able to finish the race so they might as well get one prize. IMHO, they might as well try the next part of the leg. If it proves too difficult or just impossible, they can then hang it up at that point. But dad does need to get proper care for that tear before he does irreparable damage to his leg. Fine line there.

I must admit, it was genius for the team with the 2 express passes to give it to the father/son team. 1 - they fulfill their end of the bargain with the alliance but, more importantly, 2 - they get rid of it to a team with no chance of being a long-term threat to winning the race.

Totally agree. Now the express pass is gone so they don't have to worry about later on down the road and get beat out because of it.

Dad did well with the crutches, must have used them before or had this problem before to know exactly what it was.

Agree with you on all counts. I definitely got the feeling that the father-son team was happy enough to win a stage and a prize and if that's it, they were ok with that.

I think it was very smart to give the father/son team the pass and for them to use it. I'm so happy they got a trip out of it :cheer2:.

"To be continued..." legs drive me crazy, mostly because I don't want to wait a whole week to find out what happened!! LOL

Did Phil say if that was his dad at the pit stop last night? He sure looked like he was.

My grandma was from near Christchurch, New Zealand so I loved the scenery last night...NZ is on my bucket list for sure.

"To be continued..." legs drive me crazy, mostly because I don't want to wait a whole week to find out what happened!! LOL

Did Phil say if that was his dad at the pit stop last night? He sure looked like he was.

My grandma was from near Christchurch, New Zealand so I loved the scenery last night...NZ is on my bucket list for sure.

Phil didn't say, but the last time TAR was in NZ, his dad was at the pit stop and this looked like the same guy.

I want to Shamozzle! Or whatever it was...Looked like a blast!

Did I hear that blondie girl say she was John Wayne's granddaughter? Guess I'll have to be rooting for them now too!

Yeah, the shemuzzle looked fun, but I don't know that I'd volunteer to land in manure water! Still, the teams seemd to be enjoying themselves.

The blonde girl said her grandfather was named "John Wayne". He was called Duke, which was the dog's name. I don't think her grandfather was THE John Wayne.

I was a bit disappointed that the father/son team used the Express Pass, since I be tthey could have caught a fish. Why not save it for a driving (or mountain climbing or rappelling) task? But, I suspect they agreed to do this last leg and then bow out--getting the pass just meant that they could come in first, end on a high note, and go home happy. The leg continuing just threw a monkey wrench into their plan. Whether they continue at this point, or choose not to, I think they got what they came for on this race. I don't think they have a snowball's chance of winning, and I hope the dad doesn't do further damage to himself by delaying treatment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter