Amazing Race #22, NON-spoiler thread!

I was so excited when the race started last night. I was rooting for the Firefighters so of course they were the first ones off. I dislike the newlyweds and the youtube pair. I haven't decided who will be my new favorite.

Spoiler free is the place for me! I need to watch the show on my DVR because I forgot that it was starting :).

Pretty good first episode, I thought. :thumbsup2

Any leg of the race that gives all teams a reasonable opportunity to pass up others is a good one, IMO. The ones that have been driving me nuts in recent seasons are the ones that are set up in such a way that those in front can pretty easily stay in front. :)

I just don't understand why the firefighters, when realizing they couldn't catch up to the other two teams in the canoe, didn't paddle back and try to finish the sandcastle clue. 4 hours is a lot of time and they just seemed to give up because of their "word." Yeah right! But, I guess if you are that dumb you deserve to go home.

I just don't understand why the firefighters, when realizing they couldn't catch up to the other two teams in the canoe, didn't paddle back and try to finish the sandcastle clue. 4 hours is a lot of time and they just seemed to give up because of their "word." Yeah right! But, I guess if you are that dumb you deserve to go home.

I would assume that was not an option. Once you take the clue/penelty there is no going back to change your mind.

I wonder how long those teams were out there digging before they decided to take the penalty. I'm not sure it was a wise decision - seems like it would take less than 4 hours to find a clue.

I can't stand that "newly married" couple - what a pair of snobs! No one else stood out as being initially unlikeable to me, but we'll see as they get a bit more stressed out and tired!

Had to wonder about the father/son team, when he said he'd had testicular cancer and was a cyclist. With all that's come out with Lance Armstrong and the connection between ped's and that particular cancer, I have to wonder...

The twin doctors seem very likable, but don't really impress me as a strong team. It's going to be interesting to see how this season shakes out!

Okay, I hope I don't get flamed for this, but I felt slightly off about the father/son who both had cancer. When the father was talking about his son's cancer, he said the cancer was in "intermission". Well, anyone who has ever been through cancer knows the word is "remission" and that jumped out at me.

I'm sure they're genuine, but still, it caught my attention.

I think the newlywed couple are very different. Something is up with them, I don't know, she seemed like a b**** on wheels, and he seemed well, gay, which is fine, but they were different.

I loved the doctors and no one else stands out yet.

Okay, I hope I don't get flamed for this, but I felt slightly off about the father/son who both had cancer. When the father was talking about his son's cancer, he said the cancer was in "intermission". Well, anyone who has ever been through cancer knows the word is "remission" and that jumped out at me.

I think the newlywed couple are very different. Something is up with them, I don't know, she seemed like a b**** on wheels, and he seemed well, gay, which is fine, but they were different.

You know, I thought the newlyweds didn't make a good pair for some reason. They didn't seem all that romantic toward each other for just being married.

I knew as soon as the firefighters started saying how good they were at canoeing and this was in the bag for them that they were the ones to go home! I don't have a favorite yet, but the newly weds are the only team I dislike at the moment

Honestly, I thought he was gay, too. They certainly don't look like they would be a couple.

You know, I thought the newlyweds didn't make a good pair for some reason. They didn't seem all that romantic toward each other for just being married.

:thumbsup2

The guy with the mullet, his hair reminded me of ramen noodles :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: Now I want ramen!!

:rotfl2: Now I want ramen!!

lol Yesterday was the 5th day of this liquid diet that I had to do (medical issue stuff :sick:) I think I must have been starving because that was the first thing I thought of when I saw his hair. :lmao:

lol Yesterday was the 5th day of this liquid diet that I had to do (medical issue stuff :sick:) I think I must have been starving because that was the first thing I thought of when I saw his hair. :lmao:

Hope your medical issues resolve themselves. :grouphug:

I haven't eaten ramen in years and years but every once in a while, I think about how much I used to like it. :rotfl2: I think it brings back good memories of my best friend - she made it better than anyone. :goodvibes

I'm so glad I'm not the only one to catch that "intermission" thing. Huge red flag went up immediately - I've never had cancer but even I know how immensely important that word "remission" is! But now, thinking about it, I wonder if it's an inside joke/levity thing for them. Could maybe a young member of the family used intermission instead of remission and it just kind of took on a life of its own? :confused3 I know I've done that - bananas were called mundies years ago when my toddler cousin couldn't say banana correctly. We called them mundies for years. :banana: <-- dancing mundy! :lmao:

So far, my favorites are the doctors and, quite surprisingly, Team Mullet. Team YouTube and the newleyweds are pretty far down my list.

That was my first thought also.

Everyone must have watched the Oscars last night , no comments?

Sorry to see the doctors go. They should have switched detours much sooner.

Wished that the other two teams would have been penalized more for not finishing the last task and ending up only an hour and a half behind the other teams instead of 4 hours.

Wonder what is going to happen with the father of the one team now. By the previews he won't be able to race unless he does it on crutches.

Everyone must have watched the Oscars last night , no comments?

Sorry to see the doctors go. They should have switched detours much sooner.

Wished that the other two teams would have been penalized more for not finishing the last task and ending up only an hour and a half behind the other teams instead of 4 hours.

Wonder what is going to happen with the father of the one team now. By the previews he won't be able to race unless he does it on crutches.

I was sad to see the doctors go home, too. Glad that they persevered and switched tasks but, yes, they should have done that MUCH earlier!

I'm REALLY getting annoyed with the newlyweds now. Dear lord are they major jerks! "They won't hesitate to throw us under the bus so we're gonna screw them over first" mentality. Ummmm, just because that's how YOU are doesn't mean that everyone is like that. With that attitude, it's no wonder they have no friends. :p

Hopefully the dad's hamstring will be fine with some ice and a wrap. We'll see. I'm more and more impressed with Mullet Man. His wife is starting to annoy me, though - whine, whine, whine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter