Amazing O'Hana Dinner

SnowWtch

DIS Veteran
We had dinner at O'Hana on Saturday night and it was AMAZING! It was our first time and our ADR was for 9:30 but on a whim we check in at 7:30 since we were already there. Was seated right away at a window seat. We weren't rushed and were even told to take our time and enjoy ourselves. The food was better than I thought it would be and our server Carlos was great. He made sure we always had drinks refilled and hot towels to clean our hands. He kept asking if there was anything more of anything we wanted.

The wontons and peanut sauce were to die for. The dressing on the salad was something even my DH liked. I even surprised DH b/c I don't like shrimp but I ate a half dozen of them. The best of the meats was the pork loin. It just melted in your mouth. The potatoes and veggies were regular stuff. Nothing spectacular but the rest of it was so good. I was surprised I even liked the dessert. Got to finally see Lipoa and even did the hula and got a lei. It was great.

My family's favorite meal...when you are able, try booking a time around the fireworks (usually 90 minutes-1hour prior) and arrive a few minutes early and request a window seat...they dim the lights and pipe in the music from MK....BEAUTIFUL!! Lipoa is great...my son (2) daughter (9) and I also danced the hula with her (twice now)...she is so much fun!! We have some great pictures. Oh, yeah...and the food is great too...my kids love shrimp and red meat!!

Glad to hear it is good! We are going for the first time next trip. And our ADR is for 5:25 and it lists Wishes at 6:00 (because of MVMCP that night). So I really hope we get seated in time. We have 7 people so I'm not sure if we can request a window seat or not.

I cannot wait!

Sandra

We went for the first time in January here - 8 of us - we all loved it! I don't even like bread pudding but that stuff was to die for! The kids also were very entertained and loved the food.

We rebooked this for October already since we liked it so much!

I love Ohana! When I'm there in Sept., I'm going to tell the waiter to bring only the scalloped potatos and bread pudding.

Glad to hear it is good! We are going for the first time next trip. And our ADR is for 5:25 and it lists Wishes at 6:00 (because of MVMCP that night). So I really hope we get seated in time. We have 7 people so I'm not sure if we can request a window seat or not.

I cannot wait!

Sandra

My suggestion is to arrive about 30-45 minutes prior to your ADR and request a window seat at the podium upon check in...just in case they are running behind with their seating...they open at 5pm so if you get there right before they open you should be good. Have fun!!

My son and I had a blast there. It was our first time to disney and first night for an ADR. We had so much fun. We knew the week would be a blast. The food was so great. We loved everything. And my son walked around in the parade and did coconut races. it was so cute. cant wait to go again this aug.

Have fun. And we also book the first time avail at 5:00pm to be seated promptly.:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

This is our meal on arrival night, at 8:20 I can't wait and I hope we can watch the fireworks from the Poly..

So glad to hear you enjoyed O'hana too. We did breakfast there recently and loved it. I hope to try it for dinner next trip.

We have an early dinner reserved - 4:45...do they 'shoo' you out or can we enjoy as much as possible of the entertainment?

We love Ohana's and try to get there once a year. The kids love the coconut races and the candy at the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter