Which specialty did you apply for?

• Walt Disney World

• Disneyland

• runDisney

• Disney Vacation Club

• Disney Cruise Line

• ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex

Results are only viewable after voting.
Anyone have any insight into how many cruises you'd need to take to apply for the DCL specialty? I've only been on one but have another booked. I have been to WDW 9 times so will likely stick with that but was just wondering.

One of the former DCL moms, Marisol, has in her bio that she'd been on three cruises before joining the panel. But she's bilingual and lives in Florida AP to WDW and all that.
She also is an amazingly sweet lady! I met her on our cruise last Thanksgiving and got to sit down and chat for a while. She said she was happy to meet a future panel hopeful and talk panel with another pixie dust nut. Her DH said she was happy to meet someone who knew about the panel.
She had mostly the same advice we read here all the time. Be you! And spellcheck before you send your answers in.

Thanks! I don't really feel new as I lurked and occasionally posted as a nonapplicant through last years process. So I feel like I know a little bit of what the process puts everyone through. As I remember it involves a lot of hurrying to submit your answers, videos, interviews and waiting around to find out who survives the cut each round.

2013 Disney Moms Panel Search Thread

^^^ For those of you who'd like to know a little of what to expect.
:surfweb:

Edit to add...
d29c46f0-0a10-47c1-a640-2154d9d40e91_zpsa629c211.jpg

Made us a picture/badge thing for this year's hopefuls!
I'm considering making a circular smaller version of the same thing to go in my signature line.

Very cute!!!

Everyone asking about what they are looking for: Nobody knows for sure. The only thing you can do is be honest, open, and, most importantly, be yourself!

I've applied every year and each year, I'd think about my first round answers and really work them before I entered. Last year, I wasn't going to apply, but I decided to do it again on the spur of the moment without checking and re-checking my answers (except to check spelling and grammar) and guess what? I made it to Round 2!

In the past, Round 2 has been answers to more questions and a video that you have about 2-3 days to complete and send in. If I remember correctly, last year we found out on Friday and had to have the answers and video in by Monday night.

While I didn't move on to Round 3, I really enjoyed the process and have met some fantastic people through the process!

What did you guys who did videos do in them? Is it you with a plain background kind of thing or did you go all out with special effects, background etc? Just want to be prepared that sounds like a short turnaround!

Sorry one more question...any idea how much they end up paying the writers? Not looking at this for income to be honest, but I am disabled and can't make much money on disability. :). Don't want to get hopes up if I wouldn't even be able to accept :)

Sorry one more question...any idea how much they end up paying the writers? Not looking at this for income to be honest, but I am disabled and can't make much money on disability. :). Don't want to get hopes up if I wouldn't even be able to accept :)

Mom's Panel positions are unpaid. There are perks with the "job" of course but payment isn't one of them.

Oh, ok great! Lol funny to be happy to NOT get paid. What is the best advice from last years applicants? Other than be yourself :)

This will be my first time applying and I'm so excited (and a bit nervous)!

I've been to WDW 13 times and DL three and eat, drink and breathe WDW when I'm not there. I'm the go to planner and answer woman for family, friends and friends of friends. By day, I'm a librarian, so questions and research are the name of the game for me. I also do presentations on traveling to WDW at area libraries providing tips to newbies.

It sounds like this process is fun, but intense, for all those that apply. I hope I can make the best impression possible! Good luck everyone!!!!

Karen, I helped plan 7trips this year! Holy cow....but it is fun isn't it? I love research too, that's so great you do presentations that must help a lot of people! I am always shocked how little people understand the park experience and so happy when they tell me my advice helped.

Karen, I helped plan 7trips this year! Holy cow....but it is fun isn't it? I love research too, that's so great you do presentations that must help a lot of people! I am always shocked how little people understand the park experience and so happy when they tell me my advice helped.
I love doing the presentations! Sometimes there are folks that have been about 40 times (DVC members and about twice my age) but then there are others who have never been and are planning to take their kids/grandkids for the first time. The major thing people learn is that planning is key--deciding what park to visit on what day, researching attractionsand knowing how to use FASTPASS, ADRs etc. This isn't a day trip to Six Flags people!

Well I am nothing if not determined....this will be the 7th year I will be joining everyone in the waiting room. :)

I've made it to round 2 twice, and last year in my 6th year of applying, I finally made it to the final interview round. The thing is, this just never gets old. Each September I keep looking forward to starting the Moms' Panel application process all over again! ;)

Looking forward to sharing the ride once again with everyone! :goodvibes

Has anyone heard anything about a Mom's Panel Meet & Greet this year? They are usually the first week of October, I think. We are going to be at WDW October 5-13 and I am hoping it will happen while I am there.

It's been confirmed that there will be no Disney sponsored Moms Panel Meet and Greet/Fan Event this year :sad:

Yeah for the Mom's Panel Dis thread! This will be my 3rd time applying. So excited!!! My husband and I will be at Disneyland Oct 3-6 with friends for an adults only DL trip. Cross your fingers cause we hear if we have Club 33 reservations this Wednesday.
This time of year and this thread is one of my favorite things on the boards!!

Yeah for the Mom's Panel Dis thread! This will be my 3rd time applying. So excited!!! My husband and I will be at Disneyland Oct 3-6 with friends for an adults only DL trip. Cross your fingers cause we hear if we have Club 33 reservations this Wednesday.
This time of year and this thread is one of my favorite things on the boards!!

Club 33? Awesome!!!

Club 33? Awesome!!!

So excited! I have a co-worker whose former employer owns a membership. When she learned of my Disney obsession she offered to see if they can get reservations for us. Can't believe I might get to eat there in October. My Disney-Geek is turned to full power right now while I'm waiting to see if we get in!

So excited! I have a co-worker whose former employer owns a membership. When she learned of my Disney obsession she offered to see if they can get reservations for us. Can't believe I might get to eat there in October. My Disney-Geek is turned to full power right now while I'm waiting to see if we get in!

Good luck! It's pretty amazing. I got in through pixie dust on the disboards in January and am going again in sept!!!! It's a wonderful event- yes, an event! Lol. Keep us posted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter