Amanda & Josh's Wishes Wedding - 05.04.15 - SBP/Attic/UK Lochside - The End (Complete)

Your wedding colors are exactly what I want! Your bouquet too. I am excited to read more!

Thank you and welcome! :) Navy and pink aren't normally colors I would picture together, but when you see it, the combination looks great. All thanks to the magic of Pinterest. Haha.

Everyone, we are 98 DAYS FROM THE WEDDING! :yay: We are under 100 days... can you believe it?! I have a couple of updates today. First of all, I was so caught up in everything going on with my family and the stress of the end of the semester, that I missed our engagement pictures being featured on the Bibbidi Bobbidi Bride blog! I knew that our photographer made a submission because I was contacted to answer a few questions, but I somehow overlooked when they were posted.

If you want to see the whole post, you can click the screen shot above. Today, we also received a nice surprise in the mail: a box from Disney Fairy Tale Weddings! I'm pretty sure these items get sent to every couple, so if you don't want to be spoiled, please discontinue reading the rest of this post!

rCDDWEi.jpg

A card was lying on top as soon as we opened the box.

0w0UjKp.jpg

The inside of the card.

ozR8K8v.jpg

Underneath the confetti, there was a small pouch and a blue cloth bag. The small pouch is inscribed with 'Prince Charming' and included an engraved coin/charm.

qfhAVsC.jpg

Here is one side of the coin (the side I prefer!). The other says 'Prince Charming,' too.

xcXeS4j.jpg

The blue cloth bag is actually a shoe bag. I couldn't get the color to photograph quite right. This is actually light Cinderella blue!

JE7fWQjl.jpg

The enclosures included with the items. The bottom of the box is even decorated with a sketch of Cinderella's coach!

Another exciting thing that happened this weekend: we added dessert party coverage to our package with Trinity! I would like to add one more hour of coverage so we can definitely get some getting ready shots and our card exchange, but we will see where we're at with the budget closer to March. I'm happy that David and Kristina will also be able to attend our welcome lunch as guests, so we'll get the chance to meet them before the wedding day.

There should be a lot more updates from here on out! We are in the final stretch... we got our first RSVP back on Friday! That makes you realize just how close we are to the day, and how quickly time is moving. We are working to get our floral proposal and reception menus finalized, and I will share those here as soon as we do.

Congratulations on being under the 100 day mark that is so exciting and things are really bound to speed up now! I love your engagement photos congratulations on getting them featured your photographer did a great job is he also doing your wedding day?

and yey to getting Trinity for your dessert party they are so amazing your video is bound to be so great! and how nice of disney to send something!

Can't wait for more updates:surfweb:

Happy Planning
Melissa

Happy double digits!!! :cool1: :cool1: I feel like it was just the other day you started your PJ and now you've passed such an important milestone! I have total shoe bag envy (I think mine got lost in the mail as I never received it :worried:)

Yay for adding Trinity to your DP! That'll make for some fantastic footage and there's really nothing like it.

Isn't that first RSVP the best? Was it a yes or a no? Hahaha, enjoy this time of getting constant mail!

Congratulations on being under the 100 day mark that is so exciting and things are really bound to speed up now! I love your engagement photos congratulations on getting them featured your photographer did a great job is he also doing your wedding day?

and yey to getting Trinity for your dessert party they are so amazing your video is bound to be so great! and how nice of disney to send something!

Can't wait for more updates:surfweb:

Happy Planning
Melissa

Thank you! Yes, he is also doing our wedding day! I can't wait. Yay for May brides! :goodvibes

Happy double digits!!! :cool1: :cool1: I feel like it was just the other day you started your PJ and now you've passed such an important milestone! I have total shoe bag envy (I think mine got lost in the mail as I never received it :worried:)

Yay for adding Trinity to your DP! That'll make for some fantastic footage and there's really nothing like it.

Isn't that first RSVP the best? Was it a yes or a no? Hahaha, enjoy this time of getting constant mail!

Oh, that stinks about the shoe bag! I'm glad we were able to add DP coverage, too. And so far, our RSVP response rate is 100% yes! We've only gotten them back from 5 families so far, but hey, they're all coming. :thumbsup2 I get so giddy when I see one in the mailbox. Haha.

Y'all, 90 days from today we will be married and at our dessert party! :teeth: I have several new developments to share, but the biggest is that bridesmaid dresses are now acquired. I let each girl pick out their own dress as long as it was navy. Funny enough, they actually ended up choosing similar styles. First up is the Matron of Honor dress:

owmv1PFl.jpg

Obviously that is the stock photo of the dress, but I don't have any pictures of her wearing it yet. I really like this dress. It is super cute and could easily be worn again. She is busty, so I think the style will look great on her. There were pictures of bridesmaids wearing the dress with pearls and nude shoes, and the combination looked really great together.

Here is the other dress. It comes with a black belt, but neither of us really like it. She is going to find either a pink, nude, or silver belt or sash to wear with it instead.

r2CdvkJl.jpg

The stock photo.

tXBxe97l.jpg

The selfie! I blocked out her face just because I wasn't sure if she'd want me posting it here or not. LOL

On the topic of bridesmaids, here are the gifts that I bought for each girl. Ideally I will get an individualized gift to include as well, but we’ll see where we are budgetwise. I am also paying for Beaute Speciale to do their hair and makeup.

DhZLlkdl.jpg

A Boardwalk candle and Kate Spade anchor earrings. I thought they were super cute!

The RSVPs are slowly trickling in. So far, we have gotten 6 back – all yes! We are currently sitting at 24 nights booked in our room block, but most guests are staying off property. :eek: If it comes down to it, we may just have to book a night at All Star Sports so we can get our comp room at the Grand Floridian. Hopefully we will get one more night booked, though!

Ok Amanda, it won't be easy but..........I will book a Disney vacation to help you meet your room block :thumbsup2 Wait, not what you meant? :lmao:

I love the dresses! They'll look gorgeous as part of your party and I love the look of different dresses in the same color palette (obviously, as you know hahaha). I think it really lets the personality and individualism of each girl shine while keeping the cohesive vision of your day, and just makes a more interesting picture IMO.

Your gifts are so cute and again, so fitting to your theme! Do you plan to ask the girls to wear those earrings on the day of?

I really like your dress selection, i found it hard to find navy dresses and I love that you let your girls pick their own dress so that way they feel comfortable in what they are wearing, and the jewelry is really cute too I love Kate Spade :love: and yey to being at the 90 day mark your so close now and every time you post a milestone I think I'm a few weeks behind!!! and fingers crossed you get another room booked i know what a pain that can be ;)

Happy Planning
Melissa

I had my first fitting this weekend, and I am so glad I scheduled it early. When I put my dress on, we discovered a round, yellowed spot on the front of my dress! I totally panicked. Thankfully, they are ordering me a brand new dress and it will get here by the beginning of next month. I will have to reschedule my fitting appointments, but obviously I don't mind that considering the circumstance. I did at least get a few pictures.

YV1GzhSh.jpg

t4Scm40h.jpg

otN9qvOh.jpg

This is the bustle that I will most likely choose. There were a few different options, but she recommended this one for my dress. This is the French bustle. So as of now, I will have to have the dress taken in, hemmed, and have a bustle added.

Another little update: we got our guest book! I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted, so we just got a fairly simple photo book.

FWiOJtmh.jpg

The front cover of our guest book.

ZJzQQenh.jpg

gjoI8Srh.jpg

xRwqwQvh.jpg

The back cover.

Shutterfly has specials on photo books all the time, so we got this almost for free. It's so nice to be able to say that about SOMETHING related to the wedding... Haha. :rotfl: We're also at 84 days from the wedding, in case anyone cares about the countdown. ;)

84 days!! Eeeek so close. I remember we got our guest book for (nearly) free on Shutterfly and you're right, it does feel good to have saved on at least one aspect of the day!

I know I said it online but you look amazing in your dress - I can't believe there was a spot on it! So glad they're taking care of it and it's not going to derail you too much. I love the tiara and veil with your gown, it really makes for a complete ensemble!

84 days!! Eeeek so close. I remember we got our guest book for (nearly) free on Shutterfly and you're right, it does feel good to have saved on at least one aspect of the day!

I know I said it online but you look amazing in your dress - I can't believe there was a spot on it! So glad they're taking care of it and it's not going to derail you too much. I love the tiara and veil with your gown, it really makes for a complete ensemble!

Thank you! :goodvibes I should have worn my hair up so I could get a more complete picture of how it will all look, but oh well. And somehow, I missed responding to your last comment... but I wasn't planning on asking the girls to wear their earrings, but now that I think about it, maybe I should come up with jewelry that looks cohesive. That always looks so nice in pictures! I'm thinking pearls might look really nice with their navy dresses. The problem is finding a nice set that isn't incredibly expensive.

Following along!!!

My husband loves Donald! He's so cute, he talks to our baby with a Donald Duck voice. And when I'm down he always does his Donald voice for me, cheers me right up.

LOVE LOVE LOVE your gown!! You look like a beautiful princess!!

Following along!!!

My husband loves Donald! He's so cute, he talks to our baby with a Donald Duck voice. And when I'm down he always does his Donald voice for me, cheers me right up.

LOVE LOVE LOVE your gown!! You look like a beautiful princess!!

Thank you so much!! :goodvibes That is too sweet about your husband. I bet it's precious to watch your baby's reaction to it. :) Donald is our favorite too, in case you couldn't tell. Haha.

Love your guest book it really is so amazing the pictures you took for your engagement just came out so great and glad you found another use for them! Looking forward to more updates May is coming quick :figment:!!!

Happy Planning Melissa

Well, there are a few updates to report from this week. First, Diane told us that she wouldn't be able to attend our wedding rehearsal and offered to switch us to a different planner if that was a big issue to us. While I am a bit concerned since we have a first-time officiant as to who will run our rehearsal, we decide that we didn't want a new planner at just a little over the 2-month mark! That would be much more stressful. There will be a planner there to oversee the rehearsal, and we'll find out whom closer to the date.

Second, we added live streaming of our ceremony. Trinity was offering a weekend special to add it for a discounted price. Since it's now up in the air which of my family members will be in attendance, it will be nice to have the streaming option. Plus, I'm sure that my coworkers (and maybe some fellow DisBrides! :)) will watch too.

Finally, we made some slight changes to our floral BEO. Since we cut the caricaturist (I just didn't think our guests would be that into it), we have added the Mickey ears rice krispies as favors. I kind of wanted cookies, but for whatever reason there was an added delivery fee for them? :confused3 Anyway, I will post my floral BEO here whenever it is finalized.

So tonight I am going to share what should be our finalized reception menu. It's a little more expensive than I would like, but the food and beverage minimum per person kind of forces you to have either an expensive menu or an expansive bar. Here she is, in all of her glory:

Pre-reception/Cocktail Hour
  • Fresh Fruit with Honey Yogurt Dip
  • International & Domestic Cheese Display
  • Chef's Selection of Breakfast Breads and Pastries

Brunch Buffet
  • Oven-roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes with Braised Fennel & Parmesan Cheese
  • Maple Ginger-lacquered Roasted & Pressed Pork Loin with Fig Compote
  • Ribbon Pasta with Asiago Cream Sauce, Spinach, & Green Peas
  • Sautéed Fresh Asparagus
  • Wild Berry & Grand Marnier Cream Cheese Crepes with Vanilla Bean Sauce & Mandarin Oranges
  • Mickey Waffle Bar with Seasonal Berries, Warm Maple Syrup, & Whipped Cream
  • Egg Cookery Station with Eggs and Omelets made-to-order

We are also having a BOC soft drink, juice, wine, and mimosa bar. Yes, I realize that is an insane amount of food!! But the per person minimum doesn't give you much leeway. Oh well… it all sounds delicious to me (except for the pork!). I will have to ask someone to save me some pre-reception food so I can try some of my beloved cheese display. LOL.

We also currently have a 100% yes rate on our RSVPs so far, making our current guest count 23. I fully expect that number to climb to around 35 when all the RSVPs trickle in (which will hopefully be soon! The deadline is the 27th.) 77 days, folks!!!

Yum yum that food! It sounds fantastic! So does the mimosa bar - is that different kind of mimosas or just that you'll be offering them with your bar? Either way, it really does sound fantastic :)

That's so weird that cookies have a delivery fee but Krispies don't? Huh...

Yum yum that food! It sounds fantastic! So does the mimosa bar - is that different kind of mimosas or just that you'll be offering them with your bar? Either way, it really does sound fantastic :)

That's so weird that cookies have a delivery fee but Krispies don't? Huh...

I think our mimosas are just the standard. At least, there isn't any specific mention of options in our BEO. Heather also mentioned Mickey cake pops as a favor option, but they also had a delivery fee. :confused: Maybe they make the Krispies in the Boardwalk bakery? LOL. Who knows!

MMMMMMM Mimosa's. Sounds so yummy so far.

I can't wait to try it all! And I'm making it my goal to sample a little of everything, no matter how full I get! (I realize that is highly unlikely, though. haha)

Sorry for being MIA for a little while. I am in the process of transitioning into a new position (as well as my 2 classes), so things have been pretty crazy. Plus, things have been relatively quiet on the planning front. One thing I have been working on is finding a nice way to honor/remember my grandfather during our wedding. First, I thought I might use an old picture of him in a bouquet charm (which could also double as my "Something Old"). Here's one that I liked that I found on Etsy:

SAcAAAEh.jpg

I also like the idea of leaving an empty chair, maybe with a single white rose on the seat like this:

F5Ib0IDh.jpg

On a totally separate note, we got another package of gifts from DFTW yesterday. It brightened an otherwise snowy, dreary day. :) Forgive me if this is all old news to you, but I am including them here because they're new and exciting to me! (Obviously, these might be spoilers for some of you as well!)

sU3jEhWl.jpg

YNbqWdKl.jpg

PaCSwnEl.jpg

I absolutely LOVE the box they came packaged in.

G0xodiql.jpg

It looks like that also takes care of my "Something Blue." :)

So, we are currently 62 days out and 59 days until we leave for Florida! Our RSVP deadline was last week, and we have a few stragglers to hunt down. We are currently at 26 guests, but I expect to be closer to 35 when all is said and done. OH, and speaking of being 62 days out – Josh still hasn't even asked everyone he wants if they will be groomsmen yet!!! :headache: There's only so much nagging I can do. I'm about to make the executive decision and choose/ask them on his behalf. LOL. He also still needs to get his suit, but I digress...

In terms of my own list of to-dos, right now the big ones are finalizing our ceremony, writing my vows, making our programs, choosing who will be giving our toasts, and making playlists for the cocktail hour and reception. This may sound bizarre, but I keep alternating between impatient excitement and a rush of panic that we're 62 days out – just because we have to finalize a lot of details!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter