Amanda & Josh's Wishes Wedding - 05.04.15 - SBP/Attic/UK Lochside - The End (Complete)

Where did you get your Donald t shirt with the "so awesome who needs pants" from???
Must get one for hubby. He would look so cute! LOL

Kevin is so used to getting up at 4:30 am because of his work. Me, I'm lucky if I roll out at 9am. LOL And that's if the baby sleeps in. I need at least 2 cups of coffee to get me going. I'm more of a night owl.

Where did you get your Donald t shirt with the "so awesome who needs pants" from???
Must get one for hubby. He would look so cute! LOL

Kevin is so used to getting up at 4:30 am because of his work. Me, I'm lucky if I roll out at 9am. LOL And that's if the baby sleeps in. I need at least 2 cups of coffee to get me going. I'm more of a night owl.

I got the Donald shirt at Mouse Gear in Epcot in October. :) I saw it at a few places when we were there in May as well. I'm pretty sure I saw it at the little store connected to PhilharMagic, too. Josh and I both have one -- it is really cute! :)

I can't imagine getting up at 4:30... we get up at 5:30 for work, and it's bad enough. Anything before 5 is still middle of the night as far as I'm considered. Haha. Too early to consider it 'morning.'

Awesome! Thank you, I'll look for it. I'm thinking on making a quick trip in Oct with the boogerbutt to go trick or treating with my BFF & her little girl at the Halloween party.

Day 6: Park Portraits, Part 1 (MK)

Warning: this post is VERY image heavy, but I had a lot of pictures to share. I should have split this into two parts, but oh well. You’ve been warned, :). My alarm went off at 3, and I dragged myself out of bed. Thank goodness I didn’t schedule our park pictures for the day after the wedding! I was so exhausted this morning. As a note to future brides, I might consider giving yourself two days between the wedding and park shoot, but DEFINITELY at least one full day between. I took a quick shower, laid out my bridal accessories, and waited for Beaute to arrive. In the meantime, Josh continued to sleep blissfully… guys are so lucky. LOL

Jenny arrived just after 4. I told her to do everything the same from the wedding day, but I used regular makeup instead of airbrush. She was feeling much better today, and my hair/makeup turned out AWESOME. I think I preferred the traditional makeup a little to the airbrush, at least on me. It just had a bit more of a natural, matte look. In the end, I liked both, so it probably didn’t matter much. Somehow, Josh slept through my entire hair and makeup session… it was as if a Fairy Godmother had just magically appeared and made me over. Haha. I woke Josh, and after he got ready, it was time to put on my dress. We had a heck of a time doing it, but somehow he got it on over my head.

About 6:45, Amanda called our room phone, saying she would be there very soon to get us from the lobby. We waited in the lobby maybe 5 minutes before she arrived. We retrieved my bouquet from the back of the car (I had the floral refresh done), and soon headed toward MK. I’m not sure if the refresh was completely necessary, but I’m glad I did it. Reduced my stress which I was all for at that point. When we arrived at MK, we did one of the coolest things ever: actually drove down Main Street and parked at the side of the castle!

Amanda explained our general schedule for the morning: shots at the side of the castle before moving to the back, then hitting the carousel, Tea Cups, wishing well, and distance shots. Then, we would move on to Epcot. We started out by getting a few shots with the side of the castle in the background.

After these, we moved to the area by the carousel. I would like to warn future brides that the bottom of my dress got very dirty from walking around MK. It was so strange walking around an empty park.

This was my favorite shot from the back of the castle.

Fun story: the Disney Weddings Pinterest actually shared this picture, as well as one of ours from Epcot! :)

One of my coworkers joked that I should be offended that there aren’t any pictures of me trying to pull out the sword. Haha!

For the record, the next few minutes getting shots on the carousel were incredibly uncomfortable. LOL. My dress kept sliding down the horse, and I had to hold myself up. Josh was also in an awkward position, having to keep himself from sliding off. Oh well. All of the layers of lace and tulle look pretty in the pictures. :p

By this time, guests with early breakfast reservations had entered the park. I guess we got the attention of several guests, and one young girl ran over to tell me she liked my dress and to congratulate us. It was very sweet. :)

We made our way over to the Tea Cups, and Amanda mentioned that we wouldn’t spend too much time there so we’d have plenty of time for shots at the wishing well and some ‘distance shots’ that she thinks will become to the new moat shots that were so popular, but are impossible now because of the hub construction. I know Josh really loves the moat shots and was a little disappointed we couldn’t get any, but these turned out really cool too.

After the Tea Party pictures, we hustled over toward the wishing well, taking a few shots along the way. We kept a pretty close eye on the time, because Amanda said they really aren’t supposed to go over the hour. I think we finished with 2 minutes to spare, so we really fit as much as we could get into the time allotted!

If you look closely, there are ducks in this picture. :D

After these shots, it was time to head to wrap up. We exited from backstage and started heading toward Epcot. The countries Josh and I chose were Italy and Japan, with Canada if we had time. Amanda mentioned that Canada is usually full sun, especially by that time of morning, so we would probably be better off taking our time in the other two countries rather than rushing to fit in the third. Before long, we drove in backstage and parked right in the middle of Italy (so cool!), and it was time for our Epcot shoot.

Ohhhhhhh my goodness. These are stunning! Those first few solo ones of you with the castle seriously look like a DFTW ad. Makes me kind of wish I had done one!

Does Josh like the distance shot as much as the moat?

Oh my!
Your MK shoot is absolutely gorgeous!
I think the best one I've seen!!
It makes me want to bit the bullet and schedule a shoot!!
LOVE IT!!

Amanda I LOVE your MK shoot pictures!!! It's making me so excited for our shoot in about 35 days!!!

:lmao: I think I pinned that picture they shared! I'd have to double check.

But your photos are so gorgeous! You guys seriously look like you could be in an ad for DFTW.

Ohhhhhhh my goodness. These are stunning! Those first few solo ones of you with the castle seriously look like a DFTW ad. Makes me kind of wish I had done one!

Does Josh like the distance shot as much as the moat?
Thank you!! :) It's not too late, you know... maybe an anniversary shoot? :D

I think he wishes we could have gotten a moat shot, but we're both definitely happy with what we got!

Oh my!
Your MK shoot is absolutely gorgeous!
I think the best one I've seen!!
It makes me want to bit the bullet and schedule a shoot!!
LOVE IT!!
Thank you so much!!! I'm definitely glad we did the shoot. We had kind of debated whether or not to do it in the beginning.

Amanda I LOVE your MK shoot pictures!!! It's making me so excited for our shoot in about 35 days!!!
Thanks! And, 35 days... It's flying by! It was a lot of fun. I'm sure your photos are going to be beautiful!
:lmao: I think I pinned that picture they shared! I'd have to double check.

But your photos are so gorgeous! You guys seriously look like you could be in an ad for DFTW.
Thanks so much! :goodvibes Bahaha... I shamelessly pinned them too, even though they are of us.

LOVE your MK pictures!!!!! They're so amazing :) Can't wait to see Epcot ones!

LOVE your MK pictures!!!!! They're so amazing :) Can't wait to see Epcot ones!

Thank you! :) Some of my favorite pictures we got from the shoot are from Epcot, so I'm excited about sharing them!

Your photos just make me want an MK photo shoot more than ever. You are just beautiful! Made me laugh about falling off the carousel though!

Your photos just make me want an MK photo shoot more than ever. You are just beautiful! Made me laugh about falling off the carousel though!
Thank you so much! :) We debated getting the MK shoot ourselves, especially with the construction preventing front shots of the castle, but now I'm glad that we did it.

Oh my gosh. You very nearly have the wedding I have been planning in my head. Can we be best friends?

There are so many things that I have just been like, "Eh, we don't need that." not necessarily for the money part of it, although that is certainly a factor, but also just wanting to spend my money elsewhere within the wedding. Things like the Coach, Dapper Dans, park photography. And, you totally have me re-thinking EVERYTHING.

I love the Attic, and that's where I have wanted to do a reception for...well, forever. But, I sort of feel I will cave and do one of the ballrooms, just so there is enough space for everything. Thanks for being my wedding inspiration!

Oh my gosh. You very nearly have the wedding I have been planning in my head. Can we be best friends?

There are so many things that I have just been like, "Eh, we don't need that." not necessarily for the money part of it, although that is certainly a factor, but also just wanting to spend my money elsewhere within the wedding. Things like the Coach, Dapper Dans, park photography. And, you totally have me re-thinking EVERYTHING.

I love the Attic, and that's where I have wanted to do a reception for...well, forever. But, I sort of feel I will cave and do one of the ballrooms, just so there is enough space for everything. Thanks for being my wedding inspiration!

We absolutely can be best wedding friends! :D Haha. For me, I had a list of extras that I thought were 'musts' like the DP and Donald, and we kind of evaluated everything else as the planning progressed. Of the other extras, I think I'm glad we did the park photos the most. It's unfortunately a bit of a gamble since you never really know who your photographer will be ahead of time, but we really like our pictures.

One of these days, I still need to share some of our BEO here.

That reminds me, I meant to ask... who was your photographer for your MK shoot? Think I should make notes for requesting them when it gets to our turn!

Beautiful!!! I love the back of your dress. I didn't notice it before until these photos. It's so pretty.
I was just at MK on Tues with my BFF, and the construction walls are just ugly. I hope they get that all done soon.
I haven't been in a good few years, so all the new gardens they have added are just pretty.

FYI-- I found the tshirt! I'm going to give it to him for Christmas. :P

That reminds me, I meant to ask... who was your photographer for your MK shoot? Think I should make notes for requesting them when it gets to our turn!
The photographer for our MK/Epcot shoot was Amanda! The assistant photographer for the morning was named Earl, I believe. They were both very nice.

Beautiful!!! I love the back of your dress. I didn't notice it before until these photos. It's so pretty.
I was just at MK on Tues with my BFF, and the construction walls are just ugly. I hope they get that all done soon.
I haven't been in a good few years, so all the new gardens they have added are just pretty.

FYI-- I found the tshirt! I'm going to give it to him for Christmas. :P
Thank you! The back is even prettier unbustled, I think, because it has a train with a lot of detail. But once it was bustled, I was leaving it that way. It made moving around so much easier, and one thing I liked about the dress was that it wasn't overly obvious it was even bustled. :)

Glad you found the shirt! I'm sure he will love it!

Day 6: Park Portraits, Part 2 (Epcot)

We began our Epcot shoot with shots in Italy. The majority of our time was spent in Italy, but that was okay with me. It’s one of my favorite pavilions for beautiful backdrops, along with Japan (hence my two choices ;)). Unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of commentary for this first series of pictures. At this point, I felt like I was on auto-pilot, just following all of the posing directions. Haha. During the MK shoot, I didn’t feel that tired, but by now, I was feeling pretty exhausted.

One of my co-workers said it looks like I’m channeling Elsa (ice queen) in this picture. I can’t help it; I just have a bad case of mean resting face…

For the next few shots, we moved over to the ‘big door’ and the steps leading to the upper balcony area. It took all of my self-control not to start belting out “Love is an Open Door.” Haha.

The next few shots are some of my favorites.

This picture was also featured on the DFTW Pinterest. :)

I think the sky looks really cool in this shot, with the big fluffy cloud.

The next few shots turned out better than I expected, because the sun was shining directly into my eyes at the time. I have sensitive eyes and cannot deal with that very well. I generally have to blink or squint. By the end, I just gave up and closed my eyes… but it actually kind of looks like that was done on purpose when you look at the shots. Haha.

There are some similar shots where I am looking up at Josh, but you can tell a lot more in those that I was struggling with the sun.

After this, we wrapped up and headed over to Japan. For the sake of time, we had to choose between the two waterfalls in the pavilion. Amanda wanted to get some shots upstairs inside the restaurant, and we were pushing it a little.

This was Josh’s favorite shot from either park. I think I probably agree, but I have a few other favorites too. It’s hard to choose!

After this, we headed inside the restaurant via a really old and slow elevator. I couldn’t remember the last time I had been up in the restaurant – I think it was over 10 years ago, when we went on a high school trip. It’s really pretty in there. Funny story: I’m actually part Japanese, but I’ve never really liked Japanese food. Probably because I don’t eat fish (or meat!). That’s probably a good reason why Josh and I have never been there, haha.

After these shots, our hour was already up. They drove us back to the Boardwalk, and exhaustion completely hit me. The rest of our day was pretty busy. We had an early lunch reservation at Sanaa in about 2 and a half hours, dinner at Royal Table, and the Wishes dessert party that night. But at this point, I totally crashed. I set an alarm with enough time to quickly freshen up and for us to make it to AKL via taxi: there was no way I was going to take a bus from HS or Epcot. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

My dd10 is already planning her wedding based in large part on your pictures. Thanks for sharing, now I better start looking for a second job so I can start saving for her wedding :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter