Amanda & Josh's Wishes Wedding - 05.04.15 - SBP/Attic/UK Lochside - The End (Complete)

Yesssss! Now I'm all caught up! I love your Boardwalk photos and THE CARRIAGE! I appreciate the detail about that moment, it really makes me feel like I'm right there with you (even though it sounds like it was really crowded in there!)

Your ceremony was so incredibly sweet and heartfelt - I have to say I especially loved your vows, they reminded me so much of my own :) The two of you clearly have such a deep bond and I really appreciate you taking the time to share it with us all.

I loved it!! I have been refreshing everyday waiting for an update! :) You guys ceremony was so beautiful! :)
Thank you!! :) I'm going to try my best to power through the rest just because I'm afraid there are little details I might forget if it takes too long. :laughing:

Yesssss! Now I'm all caught up! I love your Boardwalk photos and THE CARRIAGE! I appreciate the detail about that moment, it really makes me feel like I'm right there with you (even though it sounds like it was really crowded in there!)

Your ceremony was so incredibly sweet and heartfelt - I have to say I especially loved your vows, they reminded me so much of my own :) The two of you clearly have such a deep bond and I really appreciate you taking the time to share it with us all.
Thank you! :D I'm glad that the girls were all able to ride in the carriage too, because I think they had as much fun as I did in there. LOL. I guess it may have (kind of) made up for them having to wake up at 3 a.m. Hahaha.

I thought his vows blew mine out of the water, but I think they're both reflections of us in different ways. I'm glad we decided to write our own vows. It adds a personal touch!

So precious and beautiful! LOVE LOVE LOVE
:goodvibes Thank you! <3

Day 4, Wedding Day! Part Six: Post-Ceremony Pictures & Final Moments in the Coach

Immediately following the ceremony, things were a little strange for the sake of staged exit and the coach. As we walked out together, Diane led us to the right entryway of Sea Breeze and instructed us to wait there. Then, all of our guests lined up outside to get ready for our staged exit. Somehow we missed getting any bubble pictures, and I wasn't thinking at the time to stop and kiss in the middle of the exit line. Oh well. Josh and I got back in the coach for basically a photo-op exit, and the coach drove us to the ESPN Club before turning right back around so we could get pictures.

When we got back to Sea Breeze, we started working on the marriage license. Thankfully, Dustin's dad used to be a minister who performed a bunch of weddings, or else we probably would have had the same issue Elphie had! I assumed that the official title would be listed as 'Officiant' (makes sense, right?), but his dad told him to put 'Minister' instead.

Least glamorous part of the day. Also, they were ridiculously fast at clearing out SBP! I was amazed.

At that point, we took a couple of group shots so that those who weren't family or in the wedding party could head to the Attic and start eating and drinking. As an aside, I do wish now that I had thought to warn our guests that the walk to the Attic was probably 10 minutes or more. I felt bad when I saw some of the shoes the ladies wore. :(

With that, the majority of the guests left and we got a few shots with family members and the bridal party. I also realized that I had lost one of my bouquet charms – the blue Pixie Dust one from Disney. I was so disappointed! Thankfully, someone looked out on the village green and found it. Apparently, it fell off while I was climbing in the coach. Phew!

A pretty nice looking group, if I do say so myself. :)

My family.

After a few pictures, the bridal party was relieved and headed to the Attic with Diane. Michael wanted to get some pictures at the Beach Club, so we asked about having the carriage take us over there and then to the Attic. Unfortunately, they wouldn't do that since there was another couple at the Yacht Club Gazebo. I was worried about the coach leaving us and us having to walk back to the Attic, but we were given a time we had to be back so we needed to kind of hustle.

I wish now that I would have toughened it up and taken pictures out in the sand. But at this point, my dress was getting dirty and a tad frayed at the bottom, and I really didn't want to add sand to the mix.

We made our way inside through the solarium, to the alcove I like so much.

After the pictures here, we booked it back to SBP to catch the carriage. I had a fear of them leaving us behind, but thankfully it all worked out okay. Also, right about now was when I was REALLY thankful that I wore comfortable shoes. My feet were completely fine all day long, even with the constant standing and walking. We got inside the coach and headed back to the Boardwalk.

Goodbye, carriage. :(

See what I meant about entrances and exits? :p

I was a little bummed about the entire coach experience being over, but was also excited about getting to our reception and seeing everything we had been planning and reading about for the past 12 months. So we headed in to the lobby, and made the (long) trek up to the Attic.

Last edited:

Ah ha!! It's not just me who assumed officiant!! Makes me feel less crazy......glad you had someone there to advise you!

The picture on the walkway with Beach Club in the background is absolutely stunning - I'm glad you got some pictures over there! Isn't it funny how we fixate on things in the moment (like the carriage leaving, or for me my dance floor).

I know I could go on Facebook and see them buuuuuuuuut I want to see your reception photos!! :)

yea me too me too!! where's the party shots??!! :cutie:

You look like Cinderella in that coach! I didn't realize how beautiful that thing is until now.

The pictures look beautiful! I have decided to wear flats too so that I don't have blisters on my feet by reception time that I hear other brides talk about. What happened to elphie so that I don't have that problem?

Ah ha!! It's not just me who assumed officiant!! Makes me feel less crazy......glad you had someone there to advise you!

The picture on the walkway with Beach Club in the background is absolutely stunning - I'm glad you got some pictures over there! Isn't it funny how we fixate on things in the moment (like the carriage leaving, or for me my dance floor).

I know I could go on Facebook and see them buuuuuuuuut I want to see your reception photos!! :)
I never would have guessed it would even matter whether or not it said officiant or minister! I assumed minister was a title reserved for those who actually worked in some sort of church, LOL. And thank you! That's one of my favorite pictures, too.

I'm going to try to power through the rest so I'm less likely to forget details. :thumbsup2 I just hope that we at least have our park pictures soon. I know better than to think we'll have our final video before I'm completely finished with the TR. Haha.

yea me too me too!! where's the party shots??!! :cutie:

You look like Cinderella in that coach! I didn't realize how beautiful that thing is until now.
Thank you. :) Funny thing is, the Disneyland carriage is much prettier than the one at WDW. Actually, Carrie covered a wedding not long ago where a bride added extra floral decoration to the carriage. I didn't even know that was an option!

The pictures look beautiful! I have decided to wear flats too so that I don't have blisters on my feet by reception time that I hear other brides talk about. What happened to elphie so that I don't have that problem?
Thank you! I think your feet will be happy if you do wear flats. :) And poor Jenn (Elphie) got a call that there was a problem with their wedding license. Apparently, the title listed by the officiant's signature should be 'Minister' and NOT 'Officiant,' at least for those who get ordained online.

Wow, beautiful wedding. Truly magical Thank you so much for sharing your special day.

I get so excited every time I get a notification that you've posted an update (and I haven't been disappointed)! I'm loving reading along about your day, it's like I was there! :)

Your pictures are so darling and wonderful! The two of you look so happy! I actually like the WDW coach better than Disneyland. If I recall correctly, you cannot customize the floral on the coach at Disneyland, so you're stuck with the colors it has (and if they don't match your wedding oh well). It's possible that policy has changed though. Love reading about your wedding day!

I just caught up on everything!!! Your whole day looked so AMAZING and you looked so beautiful I loved your bouquet and your sneak peek film I can't wait to see the whole thing and I love your carriage that is true princess style! And so smart to wear comfortable shoes that was one regret I had my heels were so cute but oh my did my feet hurt! and your toms are super duper cute! and your photographer did an amazing job your pictures came out great! I can't wait to hear how the rest of the day went!

Wow, beautiful wedding. Truly magical Thank you so much for sharing your special day.
Thank you so much! :) It's been a blast connecting with everyone on here. Now I can live vicariously through all of you still planning!

I get so excited every time I get a notification that you've posted an update (and I haven't been disappointed)! I'm loving reading along about your day, it's like I was there! :)
:) Thanks! I'm almost done with the next part. :teeth: I'm anxious to get the TR all done, but then again, I don't want to get it done too quickly because it's so fun reliving it!

I just caught up on everything!!! Your whole day looked so AMAZING and you looked so beautiful I loved your bouquet and your sneak peek film I can't wait to see the whole thing and I love your carriage that is true princess style! And so smart to wear comfortable shoes that was one regret I had my heels were so cute but oh my did my feet hurt! and your toms are super duper cute! and your photographer did an amazing job your pictures came out great! I can't wait to hear how the rest of the day went!
Thank you so much! :goodvibes I can't wait to hear more about your wedding! I know you're coming off the wedding high and all, but we need details and pictures! :lmao:

Thank you so much! :goodvibes I can't wait to hear more about your wedding! I know you're coming off the wedding high and all, but we need details and pictures! :lmao:

I can't wait to start my TR I'm dragging my feet a bit because I am still collecting all my photos! but I can't wait to hear the rest of your report! Can you believe how fast time went though I feel like planning just started and now its all over! well I guess that means time to start a planning a new trip! :rolleyes1

I can't wait to start my TR I'm dragging my feet a bit because I am still collecting all my photos! but I can't wait to hear the rest of your report! Can you believe how fast time went though I feel like planning just started and now its all over! well I guess that means time to start a planning a new trip! :rolleyes1
For sure! I was feeling a big 'wedding crash' when we got back from our trip... so we booked a trip back in December! It's not quite the same, but is still helps a little.

Your pictures are just beautiful :lovestruc I can't wait to hear more!
:goodvibes Thank you so much!

Day 4, Wedding Day! Part Seven: Entrance, The Attic, & First Dance

A cool shot of us coming to the reception, taken from the Attic.

Once we made it up to the Attic, Diane had us pause outside. She bustled my dress, bless her! It stayed bustled the rest of the time, even for our park portraits. Someone asked us right off the bat if we wanted drinks, and I asked for a mimosa and Josh just got water.

Our grand entrance.

When we got inside, I wanted to see the fruits of our labor, AKA the décor and the food. Haha. Everything looked so nice – I was blown away! However, I must have been too in the moment and fluttering about, because when I look at pictures there are details that I completely overlooked. For example, I totally missed that there was a hot tea station and a pitcher of ice water. How could I have missed that? LOL. Of course, anytime I got up to get anything for myself, someone quickly appeared and insisted on doing it for me.

Centerpieces and favors.

The bar.

Guest book table. This was kind of tucked away in the corner by the couches, so I think several people may have overlooked it. :( Also, I'm not sure if moving the ceremony floral was really necessary… but I suppose we paid for it, so it was better to use it!

Sweetheart table.

Right away, I wanted to check out our cake. It really exceeded our expectations in every way. The tea cups were made of chocolate, but I am ridiculously sad to say that we didn't eat them and they didn't make it home with us. I guess they were probably thrown away. :( I wish we had at least tried to bring them home.

My reaction to seeing our cake for the first time.

Beautiful, delicious CAKE!

Our rings in one of the tea cups.

On our cake table. Funny story: I specifically had them write in the BEO to have Aurora's PINK side showing. The other side is blue.

The beautiful cocktail hour spread: fruit with yogurt dip, assorted pastries, and the international cheese spread I fought to keep even though it was expensive. And I didn't really get to taste any of it… :(

Trinity requested that our first dance and toast happen before food service began. One of the only other minor hiccups of the day happened with the iPod we had connected for music. Somehow, the first part of our first dance song got cut off. If I had felt too strongly about it, I could have asked them to restart the song, but in the scheme of things it wasn't really a big deal. Our first dance song was "I Will Be Here" by Stephen Curtis Chapman, which was not our official 'song,' but represents to me everything I think a marriage should be.

"I will be here/When you feel like being quiet/When you need to speak your mind/I will listen/And I will be here/When the laughter turns to crying/Through the winning, losing, and trying/We'll be together/I will be here/And you can cry on my shoulder/When the mirror tells us we're older, I will hold you/And I will be here/To watch you grow in beauty/And tell you all the things you mean to me"

After our first dance, it was time for the toast, another Dapper Dans set, and -- of course -- food service!

OMG I love your sweetheart table I love the rose in the glass looks very beauty and the beast :love: and you cake looks so amazing I love all the color and chocolate tea cups :hyper: that's awesome too bad you didn't get one and to bad about your first dance song! but you guys look great and no one will remember!

Can't wait to hear about the Dapper Dans!

Oh my goodness, your floral is so beautiful. The Attic looks awesome! And the cake! Love all the details.

OMG I love your sweetheart table I love the rose in the glass looks very beauty and the beast :love: and you cake looks so amazing I love all the color and chocolate tea cups :hyper: that's awesome too bad you didn't get one and to bad about your first dance song! but you guys look great and no one will remember!

Can't wait to hear about the Dapper Dans!
The name of our sweetheart table floral was actually called 'Rose in the West Wing!' We just requested a blush rose instead of red. :)

Oh my goodness, your floral is so beautiful. The Attic looks awesome! And the cake! Love all the details.
Thank you! :) I was a little worried about going relatively simple on floral, but everything looked great. The Attic has so many details that it doesn't need a whole lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter