Amanda & Josh's Wishes Wedding - 05.04.15 - SBP/Attic/UK Lochside - The End (Complete)

To briefly interrupt our regularly scheduled TR, we got our sneak peek film from Trinity today! :) I'm happy with it. Even the parts where I think I look fat and/or kind of derpy. Haha.

It wouldn't let me directly embed anything here, but the screen grab links to the video.

:jumping1::love: Love it!

Those pictures are amazing! And I love the cards - such a cute idea, and so sweet! And I love that first look location with the arbor and flowers!

Thank you! :) I wasn't familiar with that location, but I'm glad we discovered it.

Your first look is breathtaking! I love the photos of Josh where you can see you approaching in the distance, it's like a perfect drumroll. So much emotion in those pictures, they're just so sweet.

I totally agree with you on just going where people told you to! It's nice to have other people focused on your schedule so you don't have to worry about it :)

It's funny, because I had typed out our entire timeline of the day and sent it to people so they would know... but when it came down to it, there was stuff I forgot or else I didn't even know what time it was. :lmao:

OMG!!! I loved it!!! It was AWESOME!!! In your opinion, was the carriage worth it??? You looked gorgeous and it looked like you had a blast!!! You guys look so in love and I'm sooooo happy for you both!!! :)

Thank you!! :D As for the carriage, that's a tough call. It definitely isn't cheap. But, in my opinion, it was worth it. You don't actually spend much time inside of it (we were in for probably like 10-15 minutes total), but it's a once in a lifetime thing and something unique to a Disney wedding. It was an awesome feeling being in there!

Thank you! :goodvibes

Your sneak peek film is so wonderful!! LOVE IT!

Thanks! I'm very happy with how it turned out. :)

I'm loving your updates so far! The sneak peek video is great! And I have to say, I'm partial to your first look location :rotfl2:That is our ceremony location :love:Everything looks great, can't wait for more updates!

Day 4, Wedding Day! Part Three: Pre-Ceremony Pictures around Boardwalk

We started heading back toward the lobby by going around the boardwalk, rather than inside the way I came, so that we could get a few pictures along the way. We also had a few moments of walking about for Trinity. It was hard to narrow down favorite pictures, but I tried!

Walking the boardwalk.

My beautiful bouquet.

This was actually kind of a difficult picture to get, just because I had to be several steps higher than Josh. He's 6'2" and I'm 5'4"… so there is quite a height difference between us.

When we got back to the lobby, Diane was there with her assistant for the day (not the usual one we had corresponded with, though). Josh's boutonniere had arrived and his mom pinned it on for him. By this time, almost the whole bridal party was there waiting for the ceremony to start. We took the opportunity to get some pictures out of the way beforehand. I don't honestly remember too much about this point. I remember being thirsty and Michael had two of the groomsmen go fetch me a bottle of water. LOL. I just realized that I never paid them back for it, either. Uh-oh.

Me with all the guys.

It was at this point that we realized that I had no idea where my family was. This was one of my few moments of panic of the day, and I sent Josh up to their room to get them. We didn't actually end up taking any formal family photos before the ceremony… oops. I still felt much more comfortable once everyone was in our immediate presence and accounted for, though. Haha. We took a few more shots inside.

One of my favorite pictures from the day!

After a few more pictures, Diane recommended the guys start heading toward Sea Breeze. The ladies and I waited around in the lobby, and I was getting very antsy (in a good way!). I was ready to get the show on the road.

Waiting.

Then, around 9:50 or so, Diane asked me, "Are you ready to head outside? The coach is almost here." We hurried outside to the village green area, and I watched with anticipation, waiting excitedly for the coach to come into sight!

THAT'S IT??!! YOU LEFT ME HANGING LIKE THIS??!!
Waiting for the coach to come in sight?! Woman! You're a tease!

(((((patiently awaiting for the next chapter))))))

:earboy2:

I've green following your planning journal for a while now but have never posted anything. I couldn't help myself now because I too am so excited for the next update! I'm getting married at SBP in September so I can't wait to see how amazing the coach looks like at the Boardwalk!

You look gorgeous in all of your pictures! Can't wait to see more!

Love the pictures in the boardwalk area and the lobby - the one of you in the red chair is just amazing! Can't wait to see the coach!

I've green following your planning journal for a while now but have never posted anything. I couldn't help myself now because I too am so excited for the next update! I'm getting married at SBP in September so I can't wait to see how amazing the coach looks like at the Boardwalk!

You look gorgeous in all of your pictures! Can't wait to see more!
Thanks for following along! :) SBP is so gorgeous. Pictures don't really do it justice, IMO.

Love the pictures in the boardwalk area and the lobby - the one of you in the red chair is just amazing! Can't wait to see the coach!
Thank you so much! The red chair pictures are some of my favorite from the day, which is good because Michael had to be laying on the ground to get the shots without being in the mirror. Haha.

Day 4, Wedding Day! Part Four: Cinderella's Coach and Final Pre-Ceremony Moments

It's funny, because we could tell when the coach was getting close simply by seeing people stop to look and take pictures. But we stood there by the green waiting with bated breath to see it round the corner.

Waiting, waiting, waiting!

Finally, the coach came into sight and parked on the green area outside. At this point, I also realized that I wasn't sure where my dad was. I had assumed that he would ride in the carriage with me to the ceremony. Diane got on her phone or walkie or whatever device it was that she had all day :), and within a minute confirmed that my dad was waiting for us at Sea Breeze. That actually worked out for the best because that way all of the girls could ride over together. I would have felt bad if my mom were left out.

It's here! It's really here! (P.S. You can actually see our studio balcony in this picture, under the red awning by the gallery. Part of why our room was so noisy!)

Before I climbed in the carriage, I asked to pet the ponies. I kind of got the feeling they didn't want to let me, but didn't want so say no. LOL. She pointed out one specific pony that I could pet, I guess because the others might bite? I guess it would be pretty jarring if the ponies of Cinderella’s carriage bit me on my own wedding day! Hahaha.

I'm pretty sure this pony's name was Carrot.

Then, it was time to make our way inside. They laid out a stool, and I picked up my dress layers (let me just interject to say that by the end of the day, and especially by the time we went to do our park portraits, my entrances and exits from vehicles were anything but graceful and ladylike! LOL) and climbed inside.

I'm not sure if you're supposed to use the side bars or not… but I did. LOL

Beforehand, I had kind of wondered how many people could fit inside comfortably. All 4 of us made it inside, but I'm not sure how comfortable the others were – especially poor Laura, who had to sit around my huge dress. But we started heading down the boardwalk, with my sister taking pictures and selfies along the way. I will say that I was just a little surprised at how many people stopped to watch us or take pictures… but in a good way! David and Diane later told me that the carriage isn't used very often for Boardwalk weddings. In fact, we were the first Trinity couple getting married at Sea Breeze who had it!

Meanwhile, at Sea Breeze… the guys were lined up.

The carriage came to a stop around the ESPN Club, where Diane asked my mom and bridesmaids to exit so that they could start the processional and entrances. I saw my dad standing by the steps waiting for me, and I think this was oddly the moment where everything started to feel real.

The coach pulled up to the green area across from Sea Breeze, and Diane turned to me and asked, "Are you ready?"

One of the moments I distinctly remember most clearly from the day, was sitting there hearing my entrance music playing. I took a deep breath and said, "Yes, I'm ready to go." I stepped out of the coach and walked over to my dad, who was already crying.

Diane told me, "Take your time and enjoy the walk of your life." For a brief moment, standing there and listening to my music, I teared up. This was it: it was here. I had listened to this song so many times, even before we chose Disney as our venue, trying to picture what it would look like and feel like walking down the aisle to it. I thought that I might start crying, but a strange sense of calm came over me. I took my dad's arm, took another deep breath, and we started to walk.

I am BLOWN AWAY! You look so amazing in the carriage, and the sight of it on the Boardwalk is just breathtaking!!!

I love it!!! You look beautiful and I love the way you worded everything because I felt every part of it as you were about to walk down the aisle. Just beautiful! :) Can't wait to hear more. :)

Ok, you just look so beautiful & happy! I'm not mad at you any more for keeping me hanging on a thread here...LOL
I love the shot of you looking up into the carriage as you're getting in. That's so cute
I can't wait to see more!

I am BLOWN AWAY! You look so amazing in the carriage, and the sight of it on the Boardwalk is just breathtaking!!!

Thank you!! It was so much fun being in there. Kind of made me feel like I was having a Kate Middleton moment. :D

I love it!!! You look beautiful and I love the way you worded everything because I felt every part of it as you were about to walk down the aisle. Just beautiful! :) Can't wait to hear more. :)

:) Thank you! I'll try to hurry with the next update, because we're getting to my favorite parts. :laughing:

:goodvibes

Ok, you just look so beautiful & happy! I'm not mad at you any more for keeping me hanging on a thread here...LOL
I love the shot of you looking up into the carriage as you're getting in. That's so cute
I can't wait to see more!
Thanks! :goodvibes I thought I looked kind of goofy in that picture, but I still love it too because I was so excited and happy. Plus, I'm just kind of goofy by nature, so that picture is genuine. :lmao:

Day 4, Wedding Day! Part Five: The Ceremony Part 1

As my dad and I walked down the aisle, it was honestly a fast blur. I'm sad to say that I don't really remember Josh's reaction – or anyone's, really. I did take a pause at the step to check out our floral and décor. I even made a comment about it, which I think you can tell when you watch the ceremony back. LOL.

I opted to simply hug my dad when I reached the aisle rather than the traditional 'who gives this woman…' due to my own preferences. I'm not entirely sure how my parents felt about that, but the phrasing of being given just didn't resonate well with me. I was extremely calm and composed during the ceremony – very much unlike me. Haha. Thankfully, I didn't cry either because I am an ugly crier. I did have to take a couple of deep breaths, but the only real issue I had was that my mouth and lips became suddenly noticeably and uncomfortably dry. Maybe nerves? Maybe I hadn't had enough water? Who knows. I am including the ceremony here, word for word, transcribed from our livestream. There were a couple of minor glitches, but overall our ceremony was really a reflection of us, and I loved it.

Dustin: You may be seated. First off, I want to welcome everyone. Everyone came to Florida, and it was nice of you all to come that long distance. I want to say a few things before I get started that are not part of the Amanda-approved script. (laughter) Then I will move on.

So, first off, this is May 4, 2015 for those of you who are confused thinking this should be – what – 2010 or so when I thought this might have first happened. (laughter) You're all on time. It's fine. Secondly, I want to say this right here (points to Josh and me), I am responsible for this. Bowman has been my friend since kindergarten, and I've known Amanda over half her life now. I'm the one that put them in touch, so… you are welcome. Thirdly, I just want to say that I am very honored to be up here, that you'd let me do this, that I could be part of your day. I love you both very much.

So we are gathered here today to witness the coming together of two people whose hearts and spirits are entwined as one. Amanda and Josh, today you are going to add to your life the blessing of deep trust and the joining of two hearts. You are agreeing to share strength, responsibilities, and love for a lifetime. The ceremony of marriage is one of the oldest in the world. Marriage is the clasping of hands, the blending of two hearts, and the union of two lives.

Your marriage must stand not by the authority of the state, nor by the seal of your wedding certificate, but by the strength and power of the faith and love you have for each other. Sooner or later, we begin to understand that love is more than verses on valentines or the romance we see in the movies. We begin to know that love is here and now, real and true, and the most important thing in our lives. For love is the creator of our favorite memories and the foundation of our fondest dreams. Love is a promise that is always kept, a fortune that can never be spent, and a seed that can flourish even in the most unlikely of places.

We are together as friends, relatives, and family to recognize a new beginning, which for Josh and Amanda serves as a public affirmation of their friendship and their love. There are no vows as solemn as those you are about to make. Marriage is the holiest of all earthly unions. It is to be entered into consciously and with full understanding of its significance.

Happiness in marriage is not something that just happens. A good marriage must be created. In the art of marriage, it is the little things that are the big things. It is never being too old to hold hands – which you've already got down (laughter). It is remembering to say 'I love you' every day. It is doing things for each other not in the attitude of duty or service but in the spirit of joy. It is having the capacity to forgive and not bring it back up later. It is giving each other an atmosphere in which you can grow. It is not only marrying the right partner, but being the right partner. Let us pray.

God, we ask for your blessing upon Amanda and Josh as we celebrate this romantic – or momentous - occasion in their lives. And romantic. Grant them happiness and contentment as they establish their new family. Bless them with patience to see them through the times of tension or conflict. Bless them with kindness to enable them to nurture and care for one another in times or pain or sorrow. And if times grow hard or tempers grow short, help them to look into their hearts and remember the love that brought them here today. Bless their families and friends who have supported, strengthened, and sustained them throughout their lives. Lord, bless them with the inner gifts of trust, compassion, forgiveness, and truth so that they may live together and grow together in love and happiness. Amen. (Amen)

(continued in part 2)

Last edited:
Wedding Ceremony Part 2

Dustin: Do you, Amanda, promise to be a loving friend and partner in your marriage? To talk and to listen, to trust and appreciate, to respect and cherish Josh as your husband? Do you promise to support, comfort, and strengthen him through life’s joys and sorrows? Do you promise to be faithful to him as long as you shall live?

Amanda: I do.

Dustin: Josh, do you promise to be a loving friend and partner in your marriage? To talk and to listen, to trust and appreciate, to respect and cherish Amanda as your wife? Do you promise to support, comfort, and strengthen her through her life and joys and sorrows? Do you promise to be faithful to her as long as you shall live?

Josh: I do.

Dustin: Today, Amanda and Josh opted to share their own vows before they exchange traditionals. And, apparently Amanda gets to go first.

Amanda: Josh, we've been together for over 11 years now, and I really had no idea how to compress all of my love for you and my promises for the future into a short set of vows. But I want you to know how truly grateful that I am, every day, that I have you in my life. I love your kind heart, your dry sense of humor, your sharp wit, and your intelligence (but don't let my saying that go to your head!). (laughter) I love that I can send you a text message with an obscure reference, and you can immediately tell what show or movie it's from. I love your endless patience, even when I eat all the cookie pieces out of our Blue Bell ice cream or all the M&Ms from our trail mix. I love your warmth, your compassion, and your ability to make me laugh.

(deep inhale) So today, I make a promise. I promise to devote myself to you wholly and without reservation. I promise to be a constant voice of support and encouragement. I promise to stand beside you through the good and the bad. I promise to try my hardest to resist breaking out my Christmas decorations and music before November 1st. (laughs) I promise to be a loyal partner and your forever friend. More than anything, I promise that my love for you will be unconditional, unwavering, and true for all the days of my life.

Dustin: Josh?

(Josh pulls out his vows) Amanda: (stifled) Oh wow, it's double sided.

Josh: Amanda, you are the most amazing woman I have ever met. From our first interactions debating which Sailor Scout was the best, to our first phone conversation where you thought I was someone else (laughter), to the day we first met and your beauty took my breath away, and all the years ever since. You have always understood me, supported me, and inspired me in ways no one else ever has. Your smile can make my day magical in an instant. I love you with all my heart, and I'm so lucky to be able to stand here with you today.

I promise to be the best husband I can be, to value you, and to serve your needs to the best of my abilities. I promise to be the best father I can be, regardless of whether our children have two legs or four legs and fur. (Amanda laughs) I promise to be the best partner I can be, to support you in all your endeavors. I promise to be the best friend I can be, to comfort you when you are sad, and to share in the joys of your happiness.

I promise to be patient at all times. I promise to be faithful forever, and I promise to love you with all my heart for the rest of my life.

Dustin: Amanda, please repeat after me. I, Amanda Noelle, take you, Joshua Paul, to be my husband. To have and to hold, from this day forward. For better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.

Amanda: I, Amanda Noelle, take you, Joshua Paul, to be my husband. To have and to hold, from this day forward. For better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.

Dustin: Josh, please repeat after me. I, Joshua Paul, take you, Amanda Noelle, to be my wife. To have and to hold, from this day forward. For better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.

Josh: I, Joshua Paul, take you, Amanda Noelle, to be my wife. To have and to hold, from this day forward. For better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.

Dustin: In the tradition of marriage, rings have come to symbolize eternal love and the union of body, mind, and spirit. These rings will be worn by Josh and Amanda to show the world their love and commitment to one another. May the presence of these rings always remind you of the eternal love you have pledged. These rings are a symbol of love and faithfulness. They represent the lifelong vows you made today. Melissa, would you hand Amanda her ring? Amanda, please take Josh's hand once more and repeat these words.

Dustin: I give you this ring, as a symbol of our love, for today and tomorrow, and for all the days to come. Wear it as a sign of what we have promised on this day and know that my love is always present, even when I am not.

Amanda: I give you this ring, as a symbol of our love, for today and tomorrow, and for all the days to come. Wear it as a sign of what we have promised on this day and know that my love is always present, even when I am not.

Dustin: You may now place the ring on his finger. (Amanda places the ring on Josh's finger) And Shawn, the ring please? Take Amanda's hand and repeat after me. I give you this ring, as a symbol of our love, for today and tomorrow, and for all the days to come. Wear it as a sign of what we have promised on this day and know that my love is always present, even when I am not.

Josh: I give you this ring, as a symbol of our love, for today and tomorrow, and for all the days to come. Wear it as a sign of what we have promised on this day and know that my love is always present, even when I am not.

Dustin: Place the ring on her finger. (Josh places the ring on Amanda's finger) Josh and Amanda, you have just sealed your marriage with the exchanging of rings, and this is a pledge between two people who agree that they will commit themselves to one another throughout their lives.

Today, this union will also be symbolized through the pouring of two vials of sand. One, representing you, Josh, and one representing you, Amanda, and all that you were, all that you are, and all that you will ever be. They can each stand on their own, but when blended together, they represent something even more lasting and beautiful.

As these containers of sand are poured together, the individual containers of sand will no longer exist, but will be joined as one. (Amanda moves to start pouring her sand) Proceed if you'd like. It's not when you said you'd proceed… but.

(Amanda and Josh pour unity sand)

Just as these grains of sand can never be separated, our prayer for you today is that your lives together will forever be blended and that your loving bond be inseparable. It is kind of prettier together, I guess. (laughter)

Amanda: I'm trying to get it even…

Dustin: Love is not even. Just put the sand in where you can. (laughter)

(Josh and Amanda pour) Josh: Did you get it all?

Amanda: Yep.

Dustin: Amanda and Josh, you have professed your love by exchanging your vows. You have symbolized your commitment by exchanging rings. And you have expressed the end of your individual lives and joining together by the pouring of the unity sand. And now, by the power vested in me by the Universal Life Church, I pronounce you husband and wife. Josh, you may kiss your bride.

(Josh and Amanda kiss) Amanda: We're married!! (laughter)

Dustin: Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my pleasure to introduce to you, for the first time as a married couple: the Bowmans!

I loved it!! I have been refreshing everyday waiting for an update! :) You guys ceremony was so beautiful! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter