Amanda & Josh's Wishes Wedding - 05.04.15 - SBP/Attic/UK Lochside - The End (Complete)

Eeeeeeeee you've made it to the DAY BEFORE THE WEDDING DAY! Gah, I can't wait for your next entry :)

I think it's hilarious that you mention your rehearsal went smoothly and yet you still had confusion on the day of on the same part you did at the rehearsal. I guess it was meant to be! It seems like you had such a relaxing and wonderful day, and even managed to get a little park time in! I love the pre-wedding night ladies margaritas, what a fantastic idea.

Heck yeah pity centerpieces! Leave it to Disney to not make us look bad for being to cheap to spend money on decor :thumbsup2

Ok hurray up and get to the wedding day - I can't wait!!!

Eeeeeeeee you've made it to the DAY BEFORE THE WEDDING DAY! Gah, I can't wait for your next entry :)

I think it's hilarious that you mention your rehearsal went smoothly and yet you still had confusion on the day of on the same part you did at the rehearsal. I guess it was meant to be! It seems like you had such a relaxing and wonderful day, and even managed to get a little park time in! I love the pre-wedding night ladies margaritas, what a fantastic idea.

Heck yeah pity centerpieces! Leave it to Disney to not make us look bad for being to cheap to spend money on decor :thumbsup2

Ok hurray up and get to the wedding day - I can't wait!!!

I was so excited when I saw those pity centerpieces. Bahaha. They looked nicer than whatever I would have been willing to pay for anyway. Our DP centerpieces didn't look quite what I had imagined (but I went the cheapest possible route for those). Oh well. I don't think I actually even have a single picture with one of the DP centerpieces anyway!

And I'm already working on the first wedding day entry, and should have it finished tonight or tomorrow. :D

Day 4, Wedding Day! Part One: Getting Ready

None of us got very much sleep the night before the wedding. Remember how I said our room was noisy? Well, we heard wheeled carts go by outside the window ALL. NIGHT. LONG. At first, I thought they might be garbage cans. But they just kept coming. So then I wondered if they were luggage wheels. After some sleuthing, I think they were caused by maintenance carts. Our room was over a pretty common walkway. I woke up before my alarm that was set for 3, so eventually I decided to just get up.

I took a bath to help wake up and relax (I know that sounds like an oxymoron!). It wasn't long after I got out that my mom woke up, followed by my sister. We stood by the bathroom to try to keep from waking Laura, but eventually we were all up so my mom brewed a pot of coffee.

I had gone to the bakery before close the night before, so we ate muffins and danish for breakfast. I laid out some of the random "pretty stuff" I had such as my perfume bottle, gifts from DFTW, etc. for when Michael and David arrived. At about 10 after 4, there was a knock on the door. It was Jenny from Beaute who had arrived to start my hair and makeup. I was scheduled from 4-6 with the other girls from 5-7. Jenny wasn’t feeling very well that morning, unfortunately. Two other girls from Beaute arrived around 5, and our room became a makeshift hair and makeup salon.

My makeup.

My hair. It actually ended up looking better on Wednesday for our park portraits. Oh well! I was still happy with it.

Me relaxing while the others got beautified.

My DisBride hoodie!

We actually had a lot of fun while we were getting ready. We were being kind of goofy, though. Hopefully we weren't too noisy and disturbing our neighbors. Michael arrived around 6, and I was already basically ready. But I let him do his thing as he gathered stuff to photograph. David arrived around 7, with Ashley and Euna (friends and significant others of groomsmen) arriving shortly after. They had asked to come do their makeup in my room. So, our little studio was pretty hoppin'!

Excitedly checking Facebook and reading ‘Happy Wedding Day’ texts. :) And rocking Figaro PJ pants. Haha.

The card for our first look. I actually read it aloud for Trinity – we will see if it ends up in our wedding video! But it was just a teensy awkward reading it out loud in front of everybody in the room. Haha.

At around 7:30, we heard a knock and "Florists!" The door was ajar for Michael and David, so they just came inside. My flowers had arrived!! I was so excited. They truly exceeded my expectations. I was surprised by how heavy they were, though! I felt like I could be doing bicep curls with them all day, LOL.

Shortly, it was time for me to get dressed since our first look was scheduled for 8. We don't have any photographic evidence of it, but it took all 5 girls in the room to get the dress on over my head. Haha.

The pearls were my something borrowed.

I don't have much commentary to add to these because I wasn't there and Josh hasn't really shared many details with me, but here are some pictures of the guys getting ready at least. :p

Josh and one of his brothers.

Soon, it was time to leave for our first look. Laura came with me to help with my dress and to help me get down the stairs. She and I ended up waiting by the clown pool while Michael and David went ahead to get Josh in position. Several people were staring from their balconies, so I was glad we weren't doing the actual first look here. Ha. I had to wait several minutes before someone came to get me and started to get a little anxious. I felt a flurry of excitement. It had been so hard to keep my dress a secret from Josh for so long, and I couldn't wait for us to see each other and to read our cards! I took a deep breath and we began walking over.

Last edited:
I am such a fan of using the Roman tables, they looked great!!

You looked so beautiful in your getting ready shots (and super comfy and relaxed). Looks exactly how I hope my morning goes when the time comes. :shamrock:

I am such a fan of using the Roman tables, they looked great!!

You looked so beautiful in your getting ready shots (and super comfy and relaxed). Looks exactly how I hope my morning goes when the time comes. :shamrock:

Thank you! :) I wasn't sure how the Roman tables would work out, but they were great for that space! I'm glad we used them.

Wedding day!!!!!!!! Wedding day is here!!!

While it stinks that you had such a noisy evening, it sounds so relaxing to start your wedding day with a bath - what a calming, centering, peaceful way to begin such an important day in your life. I'm quite impressed. Your hair is just STUNNING, and if it looked even better on your MK day, then I can't wait to see those photos! I don't think I mentioned it yet, but I just adore your veil - in the time since our wedding I've had a teensy bit of veil regret (mostly that I just picked the first cheap one I saw instead of shopping for a cheap one I loved), especially seeing beautiful yet simple ones like yours. Your earrings too are just breath taking, I love how they are sparkly yet also compliment your pearls.

Your bouquet is just MASSIVE. Is that the full bridal size?

I can't wait till you get your sneak peek from Trinity - I may be guilty of checking the FB page every now and then just in case I missed them sharing yours.

Gahhhhh you stopped right before the best part of the day!! (So far of course). I'm awaiting the next update, as always.

Following along! Can't wait to hear more about your day! You looked stunning. And I love the photos of the makeshift beauty salon haha, it really gives an idea of how it would have felt while getting ready. :goodvibes

Love your Wedding trip report so far!!

I'm sorry if you've posted this already, but is your dress from David's Bridal? I used to be a stylist there. Your dress looks like one of the Oleg Cassini's. It was my favorite dress when I worked there! :)

Can't wait to read more!

Wedding day!!!!!!!! Wedding day is here!!!

While it stinks that you had such a noisy evening, it sounds so relaxing to start your wedding day with a bath - what a calming, centering, peaceful way to begin such an important day in your life. I'm quite impressed. Your hair is just STUNNING, and if it looked even better on your MK day, then I can't wait to see those photos! I don't think I mentioned it yet, but I just adore your veil - in the time since our wedding I've had a teensy bit of veil regret (mostly that I just picked the first cheap one I saw instead of shopping for a cheap one I loved), especially seeing beautiful yet simple ones like yours. Your earrings too are just breath taking, I love how they are sparkly yet also compliment your pearls.

Your bouquet is just MASSIVE. Is that the full bridal size?

I can't wait till you get your sneak peek from Trinity - I may be guilty of checking the FB page every now and then just in case I missed them sharing yours.

Gahhhhh you stopped right before the best part of the day!! (So far of course). I'm awaiting the next update, as always.

It's funny because, when I first got engaged, I didn't want a veil at all. But when I tried it on, I knew I had to have it! People asked if I would be taking it off after the reception, and I said no way! When else am I going to be able to wear a veil? LOL. I did take it off at the DP because it was super windy by the water.

Yes, my bouquet was the full bridal size. While unbelievably gorgeous, I could have used a bridesmaid or MOH size. And I have been stalking Trinity's FB like crazy! Haha. Unfortunately my progress on the portal is still at 0%. :( Wishful thinking maybe, but I hope they just haven't updated that yet.

Following along! Can't wait to hear more about your day! You looked stunning. And I love the photos of the makeshift beauty salon haha, it really gives an idea of how it would have felt while getting ready. :goodvibes
Thank you! :goodvibes It was a tight fit for the 4 of us, 3 girls from Beaute, and eventually a photographer and videographer. It was a lot of fun, though!

Love your Wedding trip report so far!!

I'm sorry if you've posted this already, but is your dress from David's Bridal? I used to be a stylist there. Your dress looks like one of the Oleg Cassini's. It was my favorite dress when I worked there! :)

Can't wait to read more!

Happy to have you following along! Yes, my dress is from David's! :) It probably wasn't the best dress mobility-wise as it had a lot of layers and was pretty heavy, but it was lacy, poofy, romantic, and everything I had pictured for my wedding gown. :)

Wow, you look AMAZING!!!! I love the dress and the veil. . . I'm glad you mentioned your bouquet was too big, I was thinking about going for a bridesmaid bouquet. I also love the simplicity of your make up. . .it's not over the top. Did you have boutonnieres for the guys because I wasn't sure if I was going to do it?

Wow, you look AMAZING!!!! I love the dress and the veil. . . I'm glad you mentioned your bouquet was too big, I was thinking about going for a bridesmaid bouquet. I also love the simplicity of your make up. . .it's not over the top. Did you have boutonnieres for the guys because I wasn't sure if I was going to do it?

Thank you! :goodvibes I think you'll be fine using a bridesmaid bouquet. I did have boutonnieres for the guys and wrist corsages for the moms. The groom's boutonniere and the corsages were supplied by Disney. I bought silk boutonnieres for the rest of the guys. The price difference was negligible, really. But the silk bridesmaid bouquets I bought were much cheaper than Disney.

Your whole look - makeup, dress, hair, bouquet - is just STUNNING. You look amazing!

Thank you so much! I was on cloud nine the entire day. :)

Day 4, Wedding Day! Part Two: First Look

The reason why I had to wait several minutes before being flagged over was because some improvising had to be made on the exact location of our first look because there were spots of wet grass. (It had rained early that morning, around 5 a.m. But the weather was perfect the rest of the day!) So we just ended up moving to the other end of the croquet lawn.

Part of what I liked most about this spot for the first look was that it kind of reminded me of Notting Hill, one of my favorite romantic comedies. :)

Laura helped me part of the way, and when I reached a certain point, she fluffed me and went over to stand behind the vendors. It's kind of funny – when I had been standing by the pool waiting for someone to come get me, I felt a little nervous. But when I saw Josh standing there, my nerves went away. I had built up this moment in my head for so long in my head, and now that it was here, I just felt calm and ready! Very unlike me. :laughing:

One last deep breath.

I think the words out of his mouth were, "Wow, you look great!" LOL.

The fact that I had managed to keep my dress a secret for 10 months is nothing short of a miracle! It definitely wasn't easy! Josh said that it was similar to what he had always envisioned in his head when he thought about our wedding. Since I was wearing flats, he couldn't hear me coming until he heard my dress swooshing. Haha. We exchanged the cards we had for each other, which I've transcribed here. (I debated sharing these, but since Trinity had us read them for our video, I figure parts of them will be shared anyway!)

From me to Josh:
Can you believe this day is finally here? I've had dreams of our wedding day ever since we were kids. Today I've never been so certain, so happy, so ready! I can't wait to be your wife. I am so ready to spend the rest of our lives together. I love you with all of my heart and always will. I'll see you soon. Love, Your Wife

From Josh to me:
I'm so happy that the day has finally arrived! Nothing could make me happier than finally being your husband. I'll save most of it for my vows, but know that you are my joy, my lifeblood, my everything. I love you with all my heart. (You look amazing by the way. :))

Thankfully Michael and David had ways to keep track of the time, because I didn't have my phone until the reception! I had left my clutch with Ashley and my vows with my sister. Honestly, the entire day was basically me just going wherever someone told me, when they told me to. Haha. I think I preferred it that way, though! We were supposed to be back at the Boardwalk lobby at 8:30 for pre-ceremony pictures with the bridal party and for Josh's floral delivery, so we started heading back over.

Last edited:
I don't even know where to start! Well, congratulations of course! I just watched the parts of the stream that Trinity had posted and it's so beautiful - even in it's unedited form! You got such a nice day, blue sky is one thing but I love having some fluffy white clouds in there too and your weather just looks perfect. You both look so amazing and happy and I loved your vows (especially the little things like the m&ms and the christmas decorations) and the whole thing was just magical. Oh & the cake cutting! I love impatient Donald! Your cake turned out absolutely magnificent and it was all such a joy to watch you guys and the Ducks.

And onto your report so far! It's awesome you saw Richard again, Jess didn't quite understand why I was always looking out for him at GF but either way he's such a gentleman and such an asset to the GF. Your pixie dust with getting Club Level was great! It's funny Josh nearly turned it down, that sounds like something I'd do in trying to estimate what Jess would want.

I agree that meeting face characters is kinda awkward. It's weird playing a form of charades with the ones who can't speak but I never know what to say to the ones that can! I found when we met Anna & Elsa that they hadn't quite found their voices yet (character-wise) to the degree that Ariel for example comes out with so many sea-puns and might make reference to Eric.

The new cartoons bugs me too! We were on the cruise and only got the new ones that are like Disney meets Ren & Stimpy and I'd never even seen those before and it was such a shame that it was our only available moving image of Mickey Mouse on a Disney cruise. And I have a funny story about turndown service at the GF that I'll get to when I eventually reach that day in my TR (you know, next year or so) but I will say I really liked those chocolates! I was really pleasantly surprised by them. Being Australian we have a bit of a different palette to you guys and I will have less of a sweet tooth in the States than I do at home but those were awesome.

I love that you got pictures with the signs on your rehearsal day! I know we took a bunch of pictures of the signs on ours but it never really occurred to us to get in them. And I'm jumping forward a little but I'm no fan of Primeval Whirl myself and honestly I'm surprised I was talked in to going on it at all! Your description of it is very apt, its so rough!

Such a shame you didn't get a good sleep on the night before your big day but I'll say it doesn't show at all in your pictures early early early the next morning! Or at any stage for that matter! Your pictures so far just look gorgeous! And I don't think you've missed much in terms of what it was like for the guys getting ready, it's pretty non eventful. For me, we basically got ready. In a room. That's about it! I think the TV was on, I was far too nervous to notice. Or speak. Generally, while the girls are getting ready and celebrating in their own ways the guys are more on the wavelength of just waiting to get going. I think guys have more trouble processing the proper reaction to the emotion and nervousness of the day and end up with too much time on their hands and no idea what to do with it.

Your first look pictures are beautiful! What you said definitely seems to be very true of a lot of brides I've been around - the nerves melt away once you see the husband-to-be. Our planner told me Jess was utterly beside herself with nerves all morning until the moment she saw me - shame we didn't do a first look!

And now I'm all caught up and ready for the next chapter. It's just like being there, I'm missing WDW so much right now!

I love your photos so far! You looked so gorgeous in your dress :)

Thank you! :goodvibes

I don't even know where to start! Well, congratulations of course! I just watched the parts of the stream that Trinity had posted and it's so beautiful - even in it's unedited form! You got such a nice day, blue sky is one thing but I love having some fluffy white clouds in there too and your weather just looks perfect. You both look so amazing and happy and I loved your vows (especially the little things like the m&ms and the christmas decorations) and the whole thing was just magical. Oh & the cake cutting! I love impatient Donald! Your cake turned out absolutely magnificent and it was all such a joy to watch you guys and the Ducks.

And onto your report so far! It's awesome you saw Richard again, Jess didn't quite understand why I was always looking out for him at GF but either way he's such a gentleman and such an asset to the GF. Your pixie dust with getting Club Level was great! It's funny Josh nearly turned it down, that sounds like something I'd do in trying to estimate what Jess would want.

I agree that meeting face characters is kinda awkward. It's weird playing a form of charades with the ones who can't speak but I never know what to say to the ones that can! I found when we met Anna & Elsa that they hadn't quite found their voices yet (character-wise) to the degree that Ariel for example comes out with so many sea-puns and might make reference to Eric.

The new cartoons bugs me too! We were on the cruise and only got the new ones that are like Disney meets Ren & Stimpy and I'd never even seen those before and it was such a shame that it was our only available moving image of Mickey Mouse on a Disney cruise. And I have a funny story about turndown service at the GF that I'll get to when I eventually reach that day in my TR (you know, next year or so) but I will say I really liked those chocolates! I was really pleasantly surprised by them. Being Australian we have a bit of a different palette to you guys and I will have less of a sweet tooth in the States than I do at home but those were awesome.

I love that you got pictures with the signs on your rehearsal day! I know we took a bunch of pictures of the signs on ours but it never really occurred to us to get in them. And I'm jumping forward a little but I'm no fan of Primeval Whirl myself and honestly I'm surprised I was talked in to going on it at all! Your description of it is very apt, its so rough!

Such a shame you didn't get a good sleep on the night before your big day but I'll say it doesn't show at all in your pictures early early early the next morning! Or at any stage for that matter! Your pictures so far just look gorgeous! And I don't think you've missed much in terms of what it was like for the guys getting ready, it's pretty non eventful. For me, we basically got ready. In a room. That's about it! I think the TV was on, I was far too nervous to notice. Or speak. Generally, while the girls are getting ready and celebrating in their own ways the guys are more on the wavelength of just waiting to get going. I think guys have more trouble processing the proper reaction to the emotion and nervousness of the day and end up with too much time on their hands and no idea what to do with it.

Your first look pictures are beautiful! What you said definitely seems to be very true of a lot of brides I've been around - the nerves melt away once you see the husband-to-be. Our planner told me Jess was utterly beside herself with nerves all morning until the moment she saw me - shame we didn't do a first look!

And now I'm all caught up and ready for the next chapter. It's just like being there, I'm missing WDW so much right now!

Thank you!! I'm glad we decided to do personal vows in addition to traditional ones. Yes, you must carry on with your TR when you get the chance. I have to see how the rest goes! :) LOL, I'm glad to hear that we aren't the only ones who didn't like Primeval Whirl. Maybe people are just tougher than we are, but I really can't see how anyone would find it enjoyable. Disney meets Ren & Stimpy is a perfect way to describe the new cartoons! Josh really likes the new animation style. I don't dislike them, but I prefer the classics. :)

And I miss WDW too, and it's only been 2 weeks since I was there! Haha.

Those pictures are amazing! And I love the cards - such a cute idea, and so sweet! And I love that first look location with the arbor and flowers!

Your first look is breathtaking! I love the photos of Josh where you can see you approaching in the distance, it's like a perfect drumroll. So much emotion in those pictures, they're just so sweet.

I totally agree with you on just going where people told you to! It's nice to have other people focused on your schedule so you don't have to worry about it :)

To briefly interrupt our regularly scheduled TR, we got our sneak peek film from Trinity today! :) I'm happy with it. Even the parts where I think I look fat and/or kind of derpy. Haha.

It wouldn't let me directly embed anything here, but the screen grab links to the video.

To briefly interrupt our regularly scheduled TR, we got our sneak peek film from Trinity today! :) I'm happy with it. Even the parts where I think I look fat and/or kind of derpy. Haha.

It wouldn't let me directly embed anything here, but the screen grab links to the video.

OMG!!! I loved it!!! It was AWESOME!!! In your opinion, was the carriage worth it??? You looked gorgeous and it looked like you had a blast!!! You guys look so in love and I'm sooooo happy for you both!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter