Am i the only one that remembers

Goofysmate

<font color=red>Isn't fussed where she is, as long
The old saying.
Why did our Grand parents & parents say these things to us.
Has anyone else been told that,
If you swollowed the pip from an apple a little tree would grow in your tummy,:eek:
Or if you didn't clean your ears you would get spuds growing in them,
I think the one that frighten me the most was being told by my Nan eat your crust up it will put hairs on your chest. :eek: :)
Am i the only one thats been scared for life with these daft saying & why don't people say them to there kids any more.
What sayings do you remember being told .

i remember all of them :thumbsup2 ive said to my kids that carrots help you see in the dark ;) well its half true i suppose :lmao:

I remember all them Jill !! (are we very old?) :lmao:

Although the one about eating your crusts ? I was told it made your hair curly !!!

A couple more I can remember being told ........

If you go outside with wet hair you will catch a cold
It is bad luck to cut your fingernails on a Friday or a Sunday

I am a redhead and when i was younger i wanted my hair to be a bit lighter in colour and my mum used to tell me that you cannot colour my hair cos it would go green!!!!!
so needless to say i didnt do it , one day about 10 years ago i was talking to my hairdresser and had told her this little story and she just burst out laughing, so now my hair is strawberry blonde , highlighted and no it doesnt go green.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

sometimes i think i am turning into my mum, cos i find myself saying lots of little ditties to my own two boys that she would say to me.AAAAGHHH:rotfl: :rotfl:

if you pull that face and the wind changes you'll stay that way!

also....

Don't ask questions you REALLY don't want to know the answer to.
Ask no questions and you'll be told no lies,
Its on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know!

(but daddy was in intelligence so I guess that explains the last three!)

I remember my Mum saying she could tell when I was lying cos my eyes changed colour.:goodvibes

I remember them but it was my parents who told them to me! And i was also told the crusts would make my hair curly. I never eat them for that reason and I still ended up with hair like 70s nightmare!!:rotfl:
I do find myself occasionally tormenting my kids with some the sayings too.......

Don't step on cracks in the pavement or you'll fall in. How stupid was I to fall for that!
Too much TV will make your eyes square.:happytv:

if you fall and break your leg don't coming running to me !!!!

I remember them :rotfl2:
If you sit on the pavement you will get piles :lmao:
If your friend jumped off a bridge would you?:rotfl:

I remember lots of these. One that we were always told was that if you sit too close to the fire you will get corn beef legs.

I remember all them Jill !! (are we very old?) :lmao:

Although the one about eating your crusts ? I was told it made your hair curly !!!

A couple more I can remember being told ........

If you go outside with wet hair you will catch a cold
It is bad luck to cut your fingernails on a Friday or a Sunday

We my be old for remembering them Sue but i'm sure we are still young at heart ;) :goodvibes

I've had a good laugh reading these .:rotfl2:
Sue My body has the look of and old hen but my mind still thinks it's a young spring chicken, :rotfl2:
Why did our parents tell us these silly sayings . :confused3

Oh yes!!! I remember them all.:rotfl:

If you swallow chewing gum it will stick to your ribs.

If you sit on a radiator you will get piles.

If your grow your hair long it will take your strength.(You'll be tired and get colds etc)

Never have a bath or wash your hair at 'that time' of the month.

Oh yes!!! I remember them all.:rotfl:

If you swallow chewing gum it will stick to your ribs.

If you sit on a radiator you will get piles.

If your grow your hair long it will take your strength.(You'll be tired and get colds etc)

Never have a bath or wash your hair at 'that time' of the month.

At a rough guess, I would say you would be somewhere "around" my age Granmaz ??? :confused3

At a rough guess, I would say you would be somewhere "around" my age Granmaz ??? :confused3

Now, that depends on 3 things. Whether I am home, at Disney, and what age you are!!!:lmao:

I always think I am the oldest on these forums.

Edit - I had a sneak at your profile and I am a few years older, but I'm more than happy to say I am somewhere around your age!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter