Am I the only one that really wants the pirate ship to go away at CC?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Jillpie, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Jillpie

Jillpie Can you package some Main St. music and send it to

I never liked it. We were the first ones at Castaway Cay to have it, we woke up to it in June, 2006 during a double dip cruise. I'm so glad that first Sunday was free of it, I just think its soooo ugly next to the beautiful Magic and just gets in the way of taking awesome shots of the ship. It is just sooooooo ugly to me. Anyone else?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. inkkognito

inkkognito <font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon

I think it's kinda cool, although it wouldn't break my heart if they took it away. I can take it or leave it.

4. Babs417

Babs417 DIS Veteran

I like it I cant wait to see it I guess it will begone with the next big storm

5. LCTsMom

LCTsMom <font color=teal>One word love; <font color=royalb

We love it! We'd like to see the Black Pearl there next to it!:thumbsup2 pirate:

6. Laurabearz

Laurabearz <font color=deeppink>I cant load my bobbin!<br><fo

Sorry Jill.... Love it.

7. Jillpie

Jillpie Can you package some Main St. music and send it to

oh thats perfectly okay:) , I just wanted to see if anyone else felt the same way. Its very interesting to get this feedback though.

8. CruisinEars

CruisinEars Engaged at WDW 8/23/95!

Jill, I am with you. I think it is pretty creepy and just looks out of place in that beautiful area. Of course, my opinion is based solely on all the pictures I have seen of it and not with my own eyes.

9. yndygo

yndygo Knee Deep in Pixie Dust

I'm with you on this... while I think the ship is kind of neat, I hate where it is. It's too bad they couldn't have put it off somewhere less close to the dock - so that it could've provided a nice hike/walk for those who want to see it, but not sit there in front of the ship when it comes to pictures etc.

Too bad Disney doesn't consider moving it somewhere else where it could become an attraction.

10. hawaiian mickey

hawaiian mickey hawaiian flyer

Aloha,
    I love it:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

It's a great fit for the island. That ship represents the past of the carribean history.
    You just close your eyes an think back to the pirates who roam the carribean.It's a perfect fit. Who knows there are probably ghosts who converge on the ship and swap stories with friends and foes.
    At night you might see eyes peering off the ship.pirate:pirate:pirate:pirate:

aloha,

hawaiian mickey

11. TotallyAngelic

TotallyAngelic Disney Addict

As a massive fan of the movies I am so looking forward to seeing the Flying Dutchman at Castaway Cay - I would hate it if they moved it from there. It would be great if they could bring the Black Pearl there also, but hopefully they are keeping that safe for the next installment pirate:

12. bettydau

bettydau Sunny Cruiser

OMG, Don't take the Flying Dutchman away! I'll never forget the kids' faces seeing that when we docked at CC. The pictures we took with that in the background are SO COOL!pirate:

13. The LK 4

The LK 4 <font color=red>Don't make me get out my spoon!<br

I love it! I think it adds a mystique to the island, as if long ago pirates landed on CC. :)

14. M & M

M & M Mouseketeer

We love it!

15. plutospup

plutospup <b><font color=f95602>Member of the 'Jambo! WildBu

Arrrrg! We can't wait to see it!

16. dizneyfan23

dizneyfan23 Nothing makes my day like sitting on the beaches o

I don't want it to go away. I loved seeing it sit there as we pulled into Castaway Cay. Plus, when you are on the island, there's a great spot to have your picture taken with Jack Sparrow with the Dutchman behind you. Also, having a picture with the Magic/Wonder with the Dutchman in front of it makes for a good photo. Besides, if someone wants to get a picture of just the Magic/Wonder, there are a couple places on the island that you can go for that, The Heads Up Bar comes to mind.

17. RedFamilyLuvDisney

RedFamilyLuvDisney Are we there yet?

We love it. Please don't take it away.

18. PenskeSth1

PenskeSth1 <font color=red>Davey is my little Pirate!

We LOVE IT too! Can't wait to see it again on our next cruise.:)

19. Billinaz

Billinaz Waiting to spend time in our home away from home..

I hate where the ship is. It gets directly in the way of photos Id like to take of the ship. If they could move it to another position so we could have a clear shot of the Magic Id like it better.

Other than that, its time to move the pearl.

20. AhoyCaptainMickey

AhoyCaptainMickey ACM C and G

another vote for "Love it" here...:thumbsup2

21. jhannah

jhannah Mouseketeer

I think it's neat! If they were to move it, it would have to be where the watercraft could still get to it. Lots of folks like to go out and get a closer look.

Turning it into an attraction (with a dock around it) would take away from it, IMO.