Am I the only one on the 5/14/06 Wonder?

Well I lost track of my own thread....I thought I set it for notifications! I'm glad to see I won't be all alone on the ship!

I will sailing solo so if anyone wants to set up a meet give me a holler!

Jill in KC

I am shocked there are so few disers on the may 14th wonder. Some threads seem to have hundreds of people! I was hoping to meet someone with a 4-5 year old boy so my son isnt so alone in the kids club. Hes pretty friendly so I suppose he will just follow someone around until the play with him!

Hello May 14th cruisers!! My DH (35), myself (32) and 2 of our dd's (5 1/2 and 4) will be joining all of you!! Just over a month away!! We all can't wait. My dh and I have been on 2 cruises with RCCL but this is our first Disney one!! We are leaving our 1 year old DD with the Grandparents.....we will miss her but my mom says it won't be enjoyable with such a little on, plus it meant doubling the cost because it bumped us up to 5 people and a family suite.

Anyhow, we have late seating for dinner. We are doing Palo's the last night and haven't booked anything for either days at Ports as we are probably just going to enjoy the beaches. Haven't finalized our thoughts on this yet. Would like to do a massage on the beach at CC........does anyone know how you book this in advance.

Also is there a way to see how many people are booked on this date??

Janene

Welcome Aboard! I could of written your thread its almost exactly us! We have a 4 year old son, late dinner seating, we arent taking any excursions and we are having dinner at palo the last night! We decided just to enjoy the ship while its less crowded or go to the beach during port days. We are getting a massage on castaway cay! You just go to disneycruise.com and book your massage. If you booked palo onling, its the same place just a tab or 2 over!
We are getting so excited!!!! :banana:

texasthree said:
I am shocked there are so few disers on the may 14th wonder. Some threads seem to have hundreds of people! I was hoping to meet someone with a 4-5 year old boy so my son isnt so alone in the kids club. Hes pretty friendly so I suppose he will just follow someone around until the play with him!

We have a 7 year old son he is registered with the 5-7 year old group...I forget what they are called...he looks just like opie taylor :teeth:

I lost this thread as well! Only 22 days left! I also found out we are pregnant since I posted last! Ill be 17 weeks during the cruise. We have nothing scheduled for CC, but decided on the dolphin as our only excursion.

Oh and I went to the kennedy space center website!! There is a shuttle launch around 6pm the day we come home and its only a few miles from the ship! So we tried to change our flight but we are gonna miss it. =\ but I figured it would be good for some of you people leaving a bit later!

Arlene,

You might want to double check the shuttle launch. I heard on the news that it is delayed until at least July....I was soooo looking forward to seeing it.

Jill in KC
21 days until my Grubbin' and Cruisin' Graduation Celebration!

Doh, DH tells me its a satellite rocket not a shuttle launch:
on nasa.gov-website(I can't post the url)

May 18
GOES-N
The first in a series of new Earth monitoring weather satellites.
Launch Window: 6:14 to 7:14 p.m. EDT

We got our cruise documents today!! I am sooo excited. I started packing today. My sons suitcase is packed other than his water shoes! I used someones suggestion and put his complete outfits in a gallon size zip lock with the day he should wear them. I think its going to be sooo easy for Dh or even DS to grap the right bag and get dressed. I love organization.

We decided not to do any excursions. We are just going to stay on the ship in nassau and enjoy the ship while its a little less crowded. Of course we going to hit the beach at castaway cay and have a massage!

We will be there 2 weeks from today. We are going to cbr for 4 days before our cruise. I am already having trouble sleeping!

So what night is formal night and what night is pirate night? Any ideas? I wanted to figure that out before packing my son! Granted I guess he will be casual all day long during the day.

I'm going to make a door sign. We are in room 7026. :teeth:

Oh and we worked out a way to fly out the next day and watch the rocket launch from kennedy space center. Woo!
17 days!!

Hi, Penny my wonderful travel agent just told me about this thread so I can meet some fellow cruisers! This board gets so many posts, it's so hard to even do searches. Especially when you're a busy mom!

We will be there, too!! Penny booked our cruise last weekend. It was very last minute but that's how it goes in both of our lines of work.

We are the Y Family, from St. Louis MO. Myself (35), Husband (36) and daughter (almost 2.5) This is our very first cruise and we are soooo excited. I'm kinda nervous, since it's something new. But I also have an adventurous spirit, so I'm ready for anything!

We haven't booked any excursions. With a 2 year old who's never been in day care, we're hesitant to spend the money and then have to be paged back to the nursery. That's ok. We'll take this first cruise to learn everything, then come back another time and do all the excursions when she's older.

Palo was all booked. I am going to get on a waiting list.

We are coming in via a Disney bus, so we'll be there a bit later, might miss some of the ressies, but that's ok. DD will be dressed like a princess when we board.

We are also decorating our old mouse ears. They are a bit beat up. But I can save them with some bling bling.

AND we are making a door sign, too! We're really getting into this.

We have late seating for dining.

Hmm... what else? I think I have most of this covered, huh!

I'll be curious to know about pirate night. We have pirate hats already. pirate:

We will be staying in 5134, aft, Nav verandah.

Good to meet everyone!
Y Family!

Almost only two weeks and we will be there!!

Hi Y Family! Welcome to our very slow lonely thread. hehe. I believe most of our fellow cruisers not in the thread must not be to internet savy... but that's okay! More room for me in the internet cafe!

16 days left!!!

I was hoping more fellow cruisers would be talking! I want to make little giftie bags for everyone. Something very small. Just a way to say hello. I heard that's something people from these boards do quite often. Sounds fun. I have lots of craft supplies here in the house and am just itching to do something crafty. I have to burn off all this excitement somehow!

I wonder if the others who started this thread still come back here?
Jaden
:cheer2:

Yeah they do periodically. :) My grandma has a Disney embriodery machine by Brother. Im thinking about embriodering a bunch of pillowcases for the characters to sign.

Rumor has it you can leave a pillowcase in a gallon size bag with markers at guest services the first day of your cruise and on the last day you pick it up and its been signed by most of the characters. How cool is that?

Narnia would love that! I'm trying to get her introduced to all the characters. I asked her yesterday who is her favorite Disney princess. She replied,
"Donald Duck."

Donald would be either very proud of very mortified. HAHAH!

Oh my gosh, I have to get off these boards and get my day started. They are so addicting. But I guess information is power, huh!

See ya on here later!
Jaden
:bride: I know this is a bride, but it also looks she's hanging out under the St. Louis Arch.

YFamily said:
Narnia would love that!
What a beautiful name! From the book? We are looking at baby names right now.

YFamily said:
:bride: I know this is a bride, but it also looks she's hanging out under the St. Louis Arch.
ROFL... spewed my drink!

Welcome everyone! I just knew that we 5/14 cruisers were really procrastinators....the action is picking up!

Since I was the OP, I will reintroduce myself.

My name is Jill and I'm from Kansas City, Mo. I am solo on this cruise celebrating my graduation from graduate school. I will be in room 6083. I hope to get my door sign made here in the next couple of weeks. I have late seating. So if you see me wandering around please feel free to say hi!!!

Jill in KC
14 more days 'til my Grubbin' and Cruisin' Graduation Trip!

Congrats Jill!
We are on second seating as well... I'm thinking not eating till 8:30 is gonna be a bit weird.

We did decide to do the kyak and hiking excursion in CC based on a review I read here.

I cant link to it but it's under cruise line trip reports a post titled:

9/25/03 Wonder 3-day Trip (Many Photos) Excursions: Nassau City & CC Kayaking ( 1 2 3 4 )

Im so out of shape, I hope I don't pass out! But she made it sound like so much fun! We are leving Kieran with his group while we do this one. It's 10+.

Yes, from the books. They announced the movie was coming out when I was pregnant. We just saw the movie in December. Narnia hasn't seen it yet, too young. It really is an unusual name. I don't know of any other Narnia's - yet! When we have more kids, it will be a struggle to come up with anything to match NARNIA!

I wonder if we will all be on the same rotation for dinner?
Y Family

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter