• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I the first Poly resale buyer? Are the floodgates going to open?

I believe it was $160 for current owners...

You are correct, it did start at $160 for current owners. $165 was the non-member starting price.

VGF had a starting price of $145 for current owners, perhaps this is what Pirate Granny was thinking of?

Well I am excited for you and send pixie dust to the sellers...whoever they are. Enjoy your stays.

Yeah guess the rumors on slow sales were true then. i was wondering.

It's actually just that the spread isn't big enough for them to buy these points back and turn a profit reselling them. It's the same reason they don't buy back VGF :). Though I'm sure they would if someone tried to sneak in a sub-hundred per point deal!

There are also a lot of people who go on the cruise, buy in to DVC, having NO IDEA what they are signing up for! They come home, tell their friends what they did, and their friends tell them they are NUTS! That is such a waste of money, people sell their timeshares on Ebay for 1.00!!! So they could be freaking out, thinking they were going to travel the WORLD, when they realized they are likely going to be staying at the Poly in a studio. If they didn't really understand Maintenance fees either, they could have really been in for a shock, and now they are just happy to dump it and get most of their money back (instead of just 1.00 on ebay :) ). I'm just having fun with the possibilities...It's better than thinking some poor family member died and now all their dreams of vacationing at the Poly for the next 50 years are gone...

Yes that would be very sad, can't even imagine first losing someone, then having to decide that you can't do the vacations you had planned forever, and have to sell. Hopefully it's not that scenario.

There was nothing on the contract to the effect of "signed by surviving spouse of..."

We've had that on our closing documents from sellers a few times and it makes me really sad.

Based on some of the gobstopping things I'm reading here lately about what guides are telling new buyers, I wouldn't be surprised at much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter