Am I going to regret ....

Snow Wight

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Haven't stayed in a value resort in quite some time. Have LM room booked in August because we are taking my 9 yr old niece and Ariel is her favorite. I'm beginning to worry about transportation to/from AoA. The mod and deluxe transportation just seems so much less busy than transportation at the value resorts. Am I worrying too much or am I going to regret staying at a value after staying @ mod and deluxe?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I stayed at AoA earlier this month and thought transportation was great. Definitely on par (if not better) than mods and deluxes.

We stayed there at Christmas last year, also in the LM section (requested a room facing the lake to be closer to the bridge) and the transportation was excellent. What we also did numerous times was (from the parks) to take the first bus - either POP Century OR AoA back to the resort. The walk from Pop over the bridge is roughly the same as the walk from the AoA bus stop to LM. Worked for us and I just thought I'd give you that idea, in case you ever wanted to try that in the event that the AoA bus hasn't shown up or the line is much longer than the Pop line. Hope that helps!

I almost think the bus system is a little better than some of the deluxes. At least AOA has its own dedicated bus and you don't have to stop at other resorts on the way to the parks. I found the bus service at AOA to be great when we stayed there in December. You also have an option to grab a POP bus if it comes first and walk across the bridge.

I'm another person that thinks the value resorts have the best bus system. Yes, there are more people to move.....Disney knows that. So, they have more plentiful buses. Do the buses get crowded? Sure they do. But the buses seem to come along more frequently than at other resorts.
I stayed at AoA-LM last Dec. It was terrific. I'm taking my 19 y/o dd down next month. She is a huge Ariel fan...so we're staying in a LM room for two nights!!! Before that we're at ASMusic. I have no issue with value resort transportation!!

Thanks! I think we will keep our Res @ AoA. I like the idea of walking across the bridge. Thanks for that tip. I didn't even think of that.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I haven't stayed at AoA yet, but I've always thought Pop had awesome transportation. Buses coming and going all the time, if one is full another pulls up. All my bus nightmares have been at Deluxe resorts.

I almost think the bus system is a little better than some of the deluxes. At least AOA has its own dedicated bus and you don't have to stop at other resorts on the way to the parks. I found the bus service at AOA to be great when we stayed there in December. You also have an option to grab a POP bus if it comes first and walk across the bridge.

We did this too! It's a short walk and it's neat to see AoA from the bridge viewpoint too- something we wouln't have probably seen otherwise. We just got back last weekend and there were times that the line for the bus seemed crazy long, but they are prepared. We never waited more than 20 min., even if we didn't get on the first bus, which only happened a couple of times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter