Am I going to be scared??

So are Alaskan waters more calmer for Cruising vs Caribbean waters? We are going on a Caribbean Cruise in a couple months and are prone to seasickness.

We have found the Caribbean waters to vary a lot. I know earlier in the year they were rougher than usual, but not as rough as our Hawaii trip. Since we have only traveled in the colder months, maybe someone can chime in if they vary as much from trip to trip in the summer too.

The sunsets are absolutely beautiful on an Alaskan cruise, plus you will have daylight until about 10p.m. if I remember correctly. Once you are on the ship excitement takes over and you won't even think about it. When you are inside, you forget that you are on a moving ship. As for motion sickness, we've always used Sea Bands. They are sold at Target, and Walmart and have never failed us. Yes, they aren't the most attractive things but I would rather have the bracelet on and not have to take medicine with possible side affects.

I would think hurricane season is when you're more likely to experience rougher seas.

Actually, unless you're in a tropical weather pattern while cruising (which aren't all that common, to be honest, relative to the number of days in the year) then "hurricane season" is often calmer. Summer winds are lower than winter winds, and winds are what cause rough seas. "Hurricane season", for what it's worth, is a misnomer anyway, since hurricanes can happen any time. There was one this past January in the Atlantic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter