Am I Cruising On a Ghost Ship

Wow I am soooo tempted right now... does anyone know if I can transfer my dummy cruise and combine with the FLR rates? That would be an even sweeter deal and an easier sell for the DH ;)

You can NOT combine them. That's why I never bother with the onboard booking stuff. 10% doesn't come close to the FLR rates.

Wonder if they will come out with Texans rate. I would take a cruise every month.

My friend is booked on the Sept 6th cruise with her daughter.

We are going right after & hooking up a 3 and 4 day starting on the 9th (when you disembark.) We had looked at adding on another 3 day, but I'm traveling for Labor Day and honestly didn't want to be away from my dog for so long! :blush:

Anyhow, just b/c there isn't a Meet thread doesn't mean that there aren't many people on your cruise, it just means that nobody felt like starting a Meet thread. BUT I think w/ back to school, your cruise will be nice and empty. Enjoy it! :goodvibes

Our family of four will be on the ship with you. Seems there have been 3 or 4 others to reply to your post so looks like some DISers will be on board!

As this is our very first cruise I wouldn't mind smaller crowds!

To anyone who has ever gotten an upgrade at port - are the prices worth the upgrade? We are currently in a Cat 5A - what would be considered an upgrade (other than just being on a higher level on the ship)?

Our family of four will be on the ship with you. Seems there have been 3 or 4 others to reply to your post so looks like some DISers will be on board!

As this is our very first cruise I wouldn't mind smaller crowds!

To anyone who has ever gotten an upgrade at port - are the prices worth the upgrade? We are currently in a Cat 5A - what would be considered an upgrade (other than just being on a higher level on the ship)?

We did a port upgrade in May on the Magic. If upgrades are available they can be very much worth while because the cost is much lower than if you booked yourself into the higher categories. I'm not real knowledgable on the different categories. If you aren't already booked in the larger verandah stateroom you can upgrade to that. Then, of course, there's concierge family verandah rooms, 1-bedroom suites, & the Royal suites.

That is so funny OrlandoDisneyFan!!! We are on this cruise as well and I was wondering as well if this was a phantom cruise!!!

After a long summer my family and I are so looking forward to this break!!!

Does FL resident ever include concierge or is concierge never discounted? Also, are FL resident rates usually last minute only deal or would you find them a year in advance?

Thank you for this!

You can NOT combine them. That's why I never bother with the onboard booking stuff. 10% doesn't come close to the FLR rates.

Thank you for this, that's one more reason for me not to use it (in addition to the concierge doesn't get 10% off thing)

Bonniec said:
Does FL resident ever include concierge or is concierge never discounted? Also, are FL resident rates usually last minute only deal or would you find them a year in advance?

They do not include concierge & are reserved for last minute deals. They are definitely not around a year in advance.

In 2010, they did release them in April for our Aug cruise, which I felt was earlier than usual.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

They do not include concierge & are reserved for last minute deals. They are definitely not around a year in advance.

In 2010, they did release them in April for our Aug cruise, which I felt was earlier than usual.

Okay great, thanks!

Sorry, now I see it, so where to you put in the FLR to get the rate and which cruises? Just Dream in September?

Sorry, now I see it, so where to you put in the FLR to get the rate and which cruises? Just Dream in September?

On the "Find a Cruise" page, left side, underneath the section where you select how many nights there's a box marked "Special Offers Available". Inside the box says "Enter Offer Code". Type the FLR into that box then search. If Florida resident rates are availble within your search parameters the search will turn them up. If not you'll come back to the same page with red text that says nothing is available. :wave2:

I've only seen the Florida rates for September Dream sailings. I searched for Fantasy in September & didn't see any. I haven't really searched any other months, tho, so not sure what else might be there. Search and see. It's fun when they pop up. I always have the "Oh!" moment! LOL!

Just booked this cruise yesterday!! We are sailing the 9/2 4day cruise as well...we booked that in April. This will be our first B2B....soooooo excited. Couldn't pass the awesome price up! Love those Fla resident rates! Only wish I had booked both cruises with that rate! The $$$ I paid in April for the 4 day could cover the cost of both cruises at the Fla res rate! Oh well! I knew I wanted the 9/2 cruise to celebrate our Anniversary! See ya in a few weeks!

Erika
Also will be making gold status after theses cruises! WooHoo!

Just booked this cruise yesterday!! We are sailing the 9/2 4day cruise as well...we booked that in April. This will be our first B2B....soooooo excited. Couldn't pass the awesome price up! Love those Fla resident rates! Only wish I had booked both cruises with that rate! The $$$ I paid in April for the 4 day could cover the cost of both cruises at the Fla res rate! Oh well! I knew I wanted the 9/2 cruise to celebrate our Anniversary! See ya in a few weeks!

Erika
Also will be making gold status after theses cruises! WooHoo!

Check to see if you can get the rate applied to your initial 4-night you had booked! We had our 3-night booked & PIF on July 4th weekend. When the Florida rates released I did the math and after penalties we still would come out with a $170-ish refund plus move up 6 stateroom categories. My TA made the change and said the penalties were waived so we ended up with a $380-something refund plus the huge stateroom category move. Give it a try. Worst case is you don't get the special rate and stay with what you're already happy about. Right?

sweetpee_1993 said:
Check to see if you can get the rate applied to your initial 4-night you had booked! We had our 3-night booked & PIF on July 4th weekend. When the Florida rates released I did the math and after penalties we still would come out with a $170-ish refund plus move up 6 stateroom categories. My TA made the change and said the penalties were waived so we ended up with a $380-something refund plus the huge stateroom category move. Give it a try. Worst case is you don't get the special rate and stay with what you're already happy about. Right?

That happened to us in Feb. Booked Cat 8A for a Dream 3-night, & FL res rates came out in Jan waaaayyyyy after we paid in full. No penalty, $400 refund & a huge move to Cat 5A.

DH just gave the green light if I really want to do the Sept 27 3 night. We just did a 4 night in May, and have the Fantasy booked for next year. PLUS we are doing food and wine in oct. The rational part of me is saying there are other things I should be buying, but the other part is saying DOOOOOOOOO IT, you only live once! :rotfl2: I really need a cruise intervention....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter