Am I crazy?

Rebecky

Mouseketeer
To be trying to get pregnant before my cruise? I keep going back and forth knowing how happy I'd be if I was, but what if I get bad morning/all day sickness???

Anyone out there been in 1st trimester for their cruise?

Answering just for myself, I wouldn't put off trying to conceive to plan around a vacation. The way I see it, it could possibly take many months of trying and I wouldn't want to give up a number of months worth of chances just for a trip. Everyone feels differently when pregnant, you might feel poorly or might feel normal in your first trimester. I was really tired; but that's me. If you do get pregnant, you can always move your trip to a different date. I'm sure you'll get lots of opinions! Good luck!

Have ever been pregnant before? If not I would wait. My first trimester of pregnancy is a nightmare. I get so nauseous I can't eat and can barely function out of pure exhaustion. One of the best parts of a cruise is the unlimited food - it would be a shame to miss out! Not to mention if the waves get choppy you might end up with a double dose of feeing icky. It's only a few more months to wait. If it were me I'd start trying on the cruise lol. That way you'll be sure to enjoy it.

I cruised when I was 20 weeks or so. I was sick as a dog the whole trip. We cruised again last year (not pregnant) and I did beautifully. Mind you, I tend to get motion sick anyhow. And I tried not to take any medications when I was pregnant if I could avoid it.

I was 3 months pregnant when DH and I took our 1st anniversary cruise. I has nasuea on land every day between 4-6pm, before and after our cruise. On the ship, I never felt better...no nasuea at all. My OB prescribed a safe medicine to take if morning sickness or motion sickness kicked up on the cruise (I never used it). After we returned, I wish I had spent a few months on the ship. For me, it was the best week of my pregnancy! Every woman's pregnancy is totally different. I would say plan your vacation, don't stop trying, and if you are lucky enough to be pregnant, yay! If not, there's always a relaxing vaction...

Since DD was born 7 years ago, we have tried and tried for #2...hasn't happened. Now that she is older, it means we can cruise more often since we are a family of 3. I was actually worried this year that we would get pregnant and I had 5 1/2 marathons scheduled from 1/2011-2/2012...still no #2. We always said we hoped we would get pregnant on the Disney Cruise...we would name our DD Lily Anne (kind of after Lillian Disney). I would love to being home that souvenier!

Good luck!

I sailed at roughly 4 wks (didn't know I was pregnant until 3 days after I got home) and didn't have any problems, but everyone is different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter