Am I crazy to cancel Le Cellier?

mster425

DIS Veteran
I have never been but we'd be adding more 2 TS places instead- so we'd be eating at:

Kona, Flying Fish, Cali Grill, Citricos, and Artist Point for our dinners. our Le Cellier night we'd be at Flying Fish, I think.

Am I crazy?

ETA: can't do a lunch at LC because my trip's in a month and nothing is available

Hmmmm, a month ha? When might your ADR be for? :lmao:

Seriously, I have never eaten at Le cellier but from all the rave reviews, I would think it’s a keeper. :thumbsup2

Please post on the April cancelled thread if you decide to cancel. :littleangel:

I definitely will post it on the cancelled thread!

If we upgrade to DxDP I'll be cancelling an Ohana dinner also.

I cancelled my LeCellier for March, I just couldn't make it work without rearranging everything or having two big meals scheduled in one day (I don't like doing that). It's a big decision, I know, but it's just food :) Do what is best for you...people cancel all the time!

Unless you don't like steaks as big as your forearm - yup, you're crazy;)

No way would I pass up Le Cellier to eat at Flying Fish....just saying.

Funny, because I am the exact opposite...I'd take Flying Fish over Le Cellier any day :confused3 :lmao:

OP, I don't think you are crazy, Le Cellier is great, but in my opinion the restaurants you have chosen (Kona, Flying Fish, Cali Grill & Artist Point - can't speak to Citricos as I've never been) are fantastic. Whichever you choose, you will not be disappointed :thumbsup2

I would stick with the LeCellier....that is our one must do every year!!My husband would have a fit if we didn't do it!!

Le Cellier used to be our #1 in the 90's. We've gone several times in the 00's and it's just not the same. I think it's way over rated. The ones you have chosen are excellent and I would not change them. Our favorite now is Artist Point, but we tried Kouzzina by Cat Cora in November and the Cinnamon Stewed Chicken we thought was excellent as was the Galaktobouriko for dessert. Of the ones you've chosen we also have not tried Flying Fish. I do have reservations there in a couple weeks but I would not change the ones you have.

Are you on the dining plan? LeC is a fantastic value when using the plan. Only 1 TS. :thumbsup2

But, only you can decide. It's our favorite TS, so we do it twice every trip. BUT we've never tried any of the 2TS places.

You're definitely not crazy. Flying Fish is fantastic and probably a better overall dining experience than Le Cellier, especially for seafood lovers. I realize that Le Cellier is probably the most hyped restaurant in Disney, but that doesn't mean it is necessarily the best. I suspect you have a steakhouse near your hometown of comparable quality. Unless you live in Florida or near the coast, you probably don't have a top-notch seafood restaurant nearby.

Disney vacations make me get so carried away.

I am on the DDP but we eat apps and want to eat at at least 1 signature so at that point we're at the cost of the upgrade to Dx...

Thanks for the advice :) We do have lots of good steak here.

Nah, you're not crazy. You can always try LeCellier next time!!!

We LOVE LeCellier though. The last few trips, we've been having lunch there twice each trip! My DD loves the Smores dessert! I had two lunches scheduled for our upcoming trip, but I cancelled one of them. I switched it for Sanaa.

Enjoy your trip!!!

Ditto on that.

I love Le Cellier.

I was wildly under-impressed by Flying Fish. I have no problems with spending lots of money for good food, good service, and a good environment. But I ate at Flying Fish with a couple who'd never spent that much money on food before and they were horrified at the quality. They kept asking me, "THIS is what you go out and pay lots of money for???"

If you have a family of boring meat and potato eaters then LC is a good bang for the DDP credit. Otherwise, skip the overpriced steak. It isn't prime steak. The steak grade is on par with Outback or Lonestar

The funny thing is that we were in WDW and didn't think that logistically we were going to be able to make our ADR time for LeCellier after dropping our children off at the Neverland Club. We tried to cancel with the concierge two days before when we could not get another time but he told us not to cancel to just get there as soon as we could as we really needed to try it.

The day of the reservation we went to Guest Services in Epcot to see if we could get the time changed or get a reservation at another restaurant a bit later but we could not (CP time of year). We asked her to cancel it and she basically said no that we really should go and eat there. She told us if we were late to have them call her.

So we tried it and it really was very good. Not OMG outstanding but good. I am glad I did it once but I just thought it was hysterical that both times we tried to cancel the reservations they told us we really needed ti go and try it. :)

Nope you're not crazy, LeCellier is way over rated, Flying Fish on the other hand, I am dying to try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter