1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Am I crazy for picking Saturday to go IOA?

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Kaylars, May 17, 2013.

1. Kaylars

Kaylars Mouseketeer

Well it wont be until November 8th 2014 but I'm assuming the new HP land will be finished and sure to draw a crowd.

It will be our Honeymoon at WDW and we have one day to venture over to Wizarding World which we've never been to before and we're pretty big potter fans. Is Saturday miserable?

Thank you!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BrinkofSunshine

BrinkofSunshine DIS Veteran

November is usually a slow time of year for the parks, although nobody will know exactly how crowds will be once all the additions are in full swing. However, even when I visited the Wizarding World in August on 2010 (two months after it opened) the wait in the evening was only 15 or 20 minutes for the main ride. However if you can swing it I would recommend visiting on Sunday, usually a slow day of the week for the parks.

4. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

early november doesn't have large crowds.

saturdays can be very busy with crowds especially if the weather is great.
    many locals do the parks then.

like sunshine stated, try sunday if you can switch your days around.

5. Herbie

Herbie DIS Veteran

we have passes, and usually only go on sat and sunday. we usually get there at opening, and go straight to HP. If you get there early, you can get a lot done. The end of the day will be good also. Sunday seems to be one of the best days for Studios.

6. Akwafunk

Akwafunk Mouseketeer

No - I don't think so.

I went solo one February, which has similar crowd loads to November. Weather was great all weekend but the crowds were WAY lighter Saturday than Sunday. That surprised me. Hopefully it will work out for you. Just get there early - that will automatically put you ahead of the vast majority of visitors!