Am I crazy for choosing the BWV over the BCV?

roliepolieoliefan

DIS Veteran
We are renting points for our stay in September. I originally chose the BWV because the person I was renting points from owned there and he could get us a ressie early. I liked the pool also for our 7 yo and 2 yo.

Now,, as with every trip I'm second guessing. But this time I just can't call CRO to switch. Is Stormalong Bay really that much better than the Luna Park pool? We've seen both. We have a Boardwalk View studio guaranteed. Did I make a huge mistake?

Stormalong Bay is marginally better, but surely not worth worrying about deciding between these two resorts. They each have advantages over the other, and after all is said and done, they're pretty much just as good as each other (or, perhaps, the BWV is a little better :)).

My dd, the fish, tried SAB. She actually likes Luna Park better!!!! And even at 12, I hate having her have to leave the pool area in order to use the slide at SAB...the kids have to leave the pool area, cross the public walkway in order to get to the slide entrance. And for little kids, although there is an area suited for the little ones, SAB is so large that it is hard to keep track of your kids there. It is really easy for the kids to wander away while splashing around.
I would go with BWV and be very happy with it. Be sure to check out Community Hall for some fun activities for the kids. They have some nice craft things to do during the day...slight charge for non-DVC people, less for DVC.

We've stayed at both BWV and BCV and prefer BWV. The pool at BCV is awesome but our daughter is really to young to take full advantage of it--she's 6--and not a terrific swimmer. She wouldn't go on the waterslide and only stayed in the shallow part of the pool. She loves the waterslide at BWV and it's perfect for us now. I think when she's older the BCV would be better. BCV was very nice but I didn't care for walking through the lobby to get to the pool. Something about being in your swimsuit in the gorgeous lobby felt a little weird--probably because I'm not a swimsuit model. LOL. :rolleyes: You'll enjoy BWV.

Not to worry - you didn't make a mistake! BWV is a wonderful resort. Lots to do and see. You won't be sorry you stayed there. The Boardwalk view is very special, very lovely - and not all that easy to get. You'll feel like you really are in the heart of WDW.

DisFlan

We just stayed at BWV in January in a Boardwak view room and loved it. We didn't use the pool but it looked like lots of fun. At BCV you do have use of SAB but the trade off is having just a so-so view from your room. Where you are now, the pool is no slouch and at night after the kiddies are tucked away, you will really enjoy your balcony with the spectacular view. Enjoy your trip!

You know you are going to have a great view from your room - one of the best in all of WDW imho - at the BCV your view is a crap-shoot - you could end up w/ a lower level room overlooking a busy road - We always choose BWV for the great location, pool & views! :wizard:

I love both (well have stayed at YC not BCV) but I think you will be very happy with your choice. BW hotel will always be our favorite, there is just something about it. The pool is great there too, we love the slide!

Have fun!

We're staying at BWV too - I really want to stay there, with all the activity on the Boardwalk, all those restaurants and shops etc. it just sounds like a really lively place to be! We have a 2 year old too, as well as a 9yo and 11 yo and the thing is, if you chose BCV you would be constantly to-ing and fro-ing from the water slide and back and, if you're the only adult at the pool with the kids, you'd have to constantly interrupt the 2yo's fun to go with the older child to the slide. Sounds too stressful to me! lol I can't wait to use the pool at BWV! It looks great.

goofy4tink said:
.... have to leave the pool area in order to use the slide at SAB...the kids have to leave the pool area, cross the public walkway in order to get to the slide entrance. And for little kids, although there is an area suited for the little ones, SAB is so large that it is hard to keep track of your kids there. It is really easy for the kids to wander away while splashing around.

ITA::yes::

We loved our last stay at BWV:)

:sunny:

You will love the BWV (we only went to the quiet pool and didn't visit the "clown" pool but hear it's fun). You are lucky also getting the view you did - we got it for a 2-bedroom for September too (we were originally going in October but were being waitlisted for that view).

Hope you enjoy it !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter