Am I a Bad Mommy.......

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by phillmolly, Jun 29, 2009.

1. JerseyMamaBear

JerseyMamaBear DIS Veteran

if your a bad mom, then call DYFS on me because being 8 1/2 months pregnant with a 13 month old by my side, I only wish she would sit long enough to watch cartoons. Now the free credit report .com commercial and the theme song to the office and Golden girls always gets her attention so I now have them as ring tones and Im considering recording them to vhs tape just to keep replaying.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. theatermouse

theatermouse Mouseketeer

I'm loud & proud...my son watches cartoons all day, from the time he's up until he goes to bed! He started with watching Baby Einstein at around 7-8 months and has done on from there. I think I started watching MMCH with him when he was just about a year old. He is so freakin smart it's ridiculous! Everything from Mickey to the Imagination Movers, Dora & Diego to now Phineus & Ferb and Scooby Doo (he's forbidden Spongebob, though! :lmao:). He will mix Spanish words in (properly) with his English, can count to 20, knows all his colors, letters & numbers and is starting to write. He's barely 3 1/2 and has known a lot of this for some time. I took him out of daycare when I lost my job last year and he has thrived here at home! He was developmentally delayed into his first year but since he's been home with Mommy, there's no signs of that anymore. My point? Cartoons haven't hurt my son! Now granted he doesn't park himself infront of the TV all day, he's constantly moving, either running through the house or even on my exercise bike for random spurts of "working out."

My son's 2nd birthday was a Mickey Mouse theme. I baked a Mickey cake, had little ears & stickers ordered from Oriental Trading (this was before the stores had the MMCH stuff, like just months before! I'm so annoyed to see the stuff in stores now when I had to improvise! :upsidedow)

4. Gabes_mommy

Gabes_mommy Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fana

Bad mommies unite! :laughing:

My DH, not a Disney lover, actually suggested that we start letting DS watch the Disney channel about 6 months ago so he would know the characters when we went to WDW. :thumbsup2

Now DS LOVES Playhouse Disney and he is watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse right now. Handy Manny and MMC are his favorites. :goodvibes