Am afraid to ask this but, anyone been on the Inspiration and the Disney Magic???

loveysbydesign

I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream
If so how do they compare? Are the food, service comparable? I know the shows aren't. My in-laws really want to cruise DCL for the 1st time and therefore we are booked on the Wonder with them for Nov.....but it would cost us, as a family of 5, half the amount to cruise on the Inspiration instead and we'd get 1 extra night.:eek:
We are really dying to cruise DCL again too, but the cost for 1 cabin for 4 nights on the Wonder($2500-we are putting 3rd child in in-laws room) is almost as much as we paid for 2 cabins for 7 nights on the Magic($2900). I can try and sway my kids to Carnival due to the waterslides, but dh and the in-laws are another story. We are also planning 5-6 days at WDW before the cruise as the in-laws have never been there...ever!
I did mention to them that perhaps we should just do WDW this Nov. and then do a cruise in 2011 as the cost of a cruise on the new Dream is actually cheaper then cruising in the Wonder. Decisions, decisions.....:confused3

If so how do they compare? Are the food, service comparable? I know the shows aren't. My in-laws really want to cruise DCL for the 1st time and therefore we are booked on the Wonder with them for Nov.....but it would cost us, as a family of 5, half the amount to cruise on the Inspiration instead and we'd get 1 extra night.:eek:
We are really dying to cruise DCL again too, but the cost for 1 cabin for 4 nights on the Wonder($2500-we are putting 3rd child in in-laws room) is almost as much as we paid for 2 cabins for 7 nights on the Magic($2900). I can try and sway my kids to Carnival due to the waterslides, but dh and the in-laws are another story. We are also planning 5-6 days at WDW before the cruise as the in-laws have never been there...ever!
I did mention to them that perhaps we should just do WDW this Nov. and then do a cruise in 2011 as the cost of a cruise on the new Dream is actually cheaper then cruising in the Wonder. Decisions, decisions.....:confused3

I went on the Inspiration back in 2002 and have done 4 Disney Cruises. My last was a 7 day Magic in September. In my opinion, there is absolutely NO comparison what so ever. The Inspiration is old, the food was mediocre at best, and the service was just ok. I have heard good things about newer Carnival ships, but after the Inspiration I vowed never to cruise Carnival again. We even contemplated not getting back on the ship at one of the ports and at that time, I had not ever been on a Disney ship to know there was something better. Now that I do, it is hard to even think about going back to another cruise line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter