Altered playing cards - why?

piratesmate

<font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t
Besides the fact that they're just too cute ::yes:: is there another reason you've used them? I mean is there a purpose to the embellishment being a playing card instead of just a square?

On a Queen of Hearts page it makes perfect sense, but what about other places? :confused3 I'm just wondering why you use them? (And "they're cute" is a good reason!)

TIA

though, i have never used them, i have plans in my head to use them...

one of our boys, his nick name is jack, so i will hopefully, someday, make a lo with a jack on it...

also you can use them for age on a bday lo...you don't have to use the whole card either...just the number parts,

etc...so many things you can do...

Deb, I have been wondering the same thing! They are awfully cute! But what I didn't get was, my friend who has been making them for swaps she is in with another site, covers the entire card (and she gets them that way). I always thought why not just use the same size card stock? But in a recent swap with Nicurn, she had the corner of the card peeking out and I loved that. I think it adds an item of interest even if the playing card part doesn't match the theme.

Twigs said:
Deb, I have been wondering the same thing! They are awfully cute! But what I didn't get was, my friend who has been making them for swaps she is in with another site, covers the entire card (and she gets them that way). I always thought why not just use the same size card stock? But in a recent swap with Nicurn, she had the corner of the card peeking out and I loved that. I think it adds an item of interest even if the playing card part doesn't match the theme.

See, that's what had me wondering. I should have specified that. Originally I'd seen them completely covered & wondered "Why bother?" But then I got the same card from Maggie & thought "How cute!!"

I just wondered if I'm thinking too literally? (and I wonder where my kids get it from :rolleyes: )
Ace - "You're Aces with me" "You're number one"
King - "King of the hill/heap"
Queen - of Hearts
Jack - "You're my knight in shining armor" LOs about people named Jack
# cards - birthdays

I thought of those ideas, but it still seems somewhat limited to me...especially for swaps. So I figured I must be missing something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter