ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: Summer 2011 Edition!

I'm a Dis' addict! I need help, there are a million things, I should be doing right now and this really isn't one of them. Send help, please!!!:confused3

14 days away! booked a GV room (same as I did for Memorial Day) as I feel I can't go wrong here. Rented a cabana on 08/05 and also the 8pm Luau that night....

I can't wait... the Poly is calling my name....

Looks like we'll be there at the same time - we leave 2 weeks from today!

You will fall in love with it! Have a great time, enjoy!:cool1:

Thank you!:love:

Can anyone tell what the current cost of the Lapu Lapus are? We visited with friends last summer at the Poly (don't worry, we didn't swim ;)) and had them and I just can't remember how much they were??? TIA :)

Are the lapu lapu's $10.95? or $12.95? Can't remember! I think when I got them I didn't look at the check, I just signed! :lmao:

This thread confirmed that I want Poly on my next stay. I'm looking to do a split stay with WL (my fave) and Poly. Unfortunately it won't be until 2013, but I'll be scouring the boards for the best tips and advice. :thumbsup2

We are doing this exact split-stay for our upcoming wedding/honeymoon/ Christmas trip!!! :cool1:

DO they give you flower leis like they used to when you arrive?? My mom told me they did when we stayed there when I was younger...... apparently we stayed at the CR, GF, and Poly before I was 4 LOL!!!

Thanks for the new thread. Can't wait for November, this does make it a bit easier. Now if I could only decide which building for my lagoon view??!:wizard:

Are the lapu lapu's $10.95? or $12.95? Can't remember! I think when I got them I didn't look at the check, I just signed! :lmao:

Same here! :rotfl:That's about ballpark what I was thinking. Just trying to decide how many I want to get this trip! :rotfl2:

We are checking in on August 4. That day can't come any sooner!!

You'll absolutely love the Poly! Remember to try the Dole Whips!

"See" you there (don't worry, I'm not a stalker:goodvibes!) and I agree that it can't come soon enough!

dizneechic - thanks for the info! We're traveling in September so I'm hoping its not busy! I'm def going to look into it more :) We'll preorder photopass - I'm typically the one behind the camera, too, so its nice to get a few family pics!

Small world...I didn't even notice that you were from Chicagoland....I work in Hinsdale and I met someone on the board that ended up working at the same place as me....now we have our quick little updates when we bump into each other. :hippie:

You will love it there! Are you flying out of O'Hare or Midway????

We live in STC but DH works downtown by the train station/tracks (and two toots! my son loves that place lol).

We're driving!! We've decided we're not ready to subject the flying population to our 18 month old on a plane and while hard to believe, we actually really love the drive. I'm looking forward to it! It also gives us a chance to stop and spend some time with relatives down state :)

Slightly off topic but since I'm here - does anyone have experience ordering from the Disney florist? I'd like to plan a little surprise in the room. I'm just wondering how far in advance I can set it up and what day it would be delivered (I assume 2nd). I sent them an email and apparently their email is down and I haven't had a chance to call.

Thanks for the info :thumbsup2 We leave in less than a month and are so excited for our first stay at Poly!!

Its one of those days I'd love to be at Tambu Lounge ordering a Pina colava for me and lapu lapu for my DH! I have vacationitis!

70 days out today, what a nice surprise to see this morning, thanks Guitarob!

70 days for us too :cool1:. And we're fellow Pennsylvanians :thumbsup2

Have you made a building request? I was really hoping to get a CL room, but no luck so far....nothing available with the current GP or AP discount :headache:

DO they give you flower leis like they used to when you arrive?? My mom told me they did when we stayed there when I was younger...... apparently we stayed at the CR, GF, and Poly before I was 4 LOL!!!

Mine was light pink, artificial flower leis! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter