ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: Summer 2011 Edition!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Jul 19, 2011.

1. nonnasally

nonnasally forever tink

Awesome, aweeeeeeeesome thread. Just got back from 8 glorious Poly days two weeks ago. Went so fast, so sad, so depressed. This thread made my day. Thanks so much for all the hard work and beautiful pics! Was a great week, ( July 4 ) Crowds were bearable but I never mind any of it anyway. Looking forward to hearing about all the upcoming Poly goers. Enjoy!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Mary T in PA

Mary T in PA <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Greetings from the Poly! I gotta say we are having a great stay. I took a ton of pics and will upload next week when we get back. I'm seeing alot of neat Poly specific merchandise in Bou Tiki and I did snap some pics and posted to twitter the other day. I was very pleased to see resort specific merchandise back- now let's see it for other resorts too. Also the signage is up at the TTC about the express monorail running 1hr after regular park hours. Very disappointed in that- the other evening we were in MK and were not allowed to ride the boat back as it was closed due to lightning. So we were forced to ride the monorail. I think some people will be very angry once this takes full effect. :(

4. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

I've forgotten what category you booked - is it TPV/CL? Did you get your request(s)?

5. nala1128

nala1128 Huge Disney Fan!

Subscribing to the new fabulous thread!!! Great job Guitarob!!!!! Just got my ME package in the mail yesterday for our upcoming POLY trip!!! Looking at all the pictures just adds to the excitement!!!!:banana:

We originally booked a YC CL stay for this trip to try something new, but the DH, DD and DS insisted that we go back to the POLY again instead. I am sure the YC would be great, but I am glad that I changed back to our "home"

Just wondering have they been keeping up with wristbanding at the Volcano Pool?? TIA

6. DT83097

DT83097 DIS Veteran

Great job guitarob! This new thread is fabulous. Loving all the new photos!!
    You rock :thumbsup2

7. BethA

BethA DIS Veteran

two more weeks!- the pictures here are fantastic

8. Tess

Tess DIS Veteran - 1997

Thanks Rob!:yay:

9. Disneymama5816

Disneymama5816 DIS Veteran

Looks like we might be there at the same time!!:cool1:

10. jdd

jdd DIS Veteran

Subbing! Gorgeous pictures Rob - thank you!!!

11. Mary T in PA

Mary T in PA <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

We're in Tonga as we booked a suite.

I could live here. :)

12. LowesChevy

LowesChevy The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vi

70 days out today, what a nice surprise to see this morning, thanks Guitarob!

13. Dizneefamily+4

Dizneefamily+4 Wish I could live in Cinderella's Castle!

2 weeks from today we'll be arriving for our 1st Poly stay -CAN'T WAIT! Had to subscribe to the new thread. Thanks for all the continued great info.! :worship:

14. pink5683

pink5683 Mouseketeer

Joining in on thanking Rob for the new thread! It just keeps getting better and better!

I can't believe how close we are getting to our trip! I still have so much to do!

I can't wait until I can be relaxing at the Poly drinking my first ever Lapu Lapu!

15. pink5683

pink5683 Mouseketeer

Oops! Double Post!

(See, I really need that Lapu Lapu!)

16. TinkerBelle_325

TinkerBelle_325 Magical Musing Meg

Subbing! :thumbsup2

Can't wait for my next WDW vacation :cloud9: only 73 days to go. It will be our third stay in the Hawaii longhouse and our fifth at the Polynesian. PLUS, it is my best friends Disney fairytale wedding on Oct 3rd! :lovestruc

We have booked a cabana for a half day. I know that both of the normal cabanas are located on that platform near the end of the volcano pool that is closest to Captain Cook's. Is there a major difference in view from them? I just want to know if I should request a specific one or just leave it to chance.

Thanks!

17. miskamouskamickey

miskamouskamickey A dream is a wish your heart makes

14 days away! booked a GV room (same as I did for Memorial Day) as I feel I can't go wrong here. Rented a cabana on 08/05 and also the 8pm Luau that night....

I can't wait... the Poly is calling my name....

18. nala1128

nala1128 Huge Disney Fan!

We will be there 8/23 - 8/31!!!

19. Zippa D Doodah

Zippa D Doodah <font color=red>Suffering from Fairy Alienation.

It made my morning reading the opening page, including rereading my own linked Raratonga room review. That made me unexpectedly relive a wonderful moment in life. Good times... good times. :goodvibes

Subbing

20. Gorechick

Gorechick DIS Veteran

This thread confirmed that I want Poly on my next stay. I'm looking to do a split stay with WL (my fave) and Poly. Unfortunately it won't be until 2013, but I'll be scouring the boards for the best tips and advice. :thumbsup2

21. ChrisParker

ChrisParker Mouseketeer

Joining and wanted to add my KUDOS for a great site. Can't wait to watch it unfold during my countdown to a Poly Honeymoon next summer. :) :) :)