ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Tinkerbellie16

Thanks for posting the cabana pictures!! Your daughter reminds me of a mini Vanna White!! She sells the cabana idea very well!! We booked it last year and reserved it again this May. Cannot wait to enjoy!!

Tinkerbellie16 thanks for posting the Cabana pics, thinking now about reseserveing one during our stay

Thanks Tinkerbellie for the great cabana pics!!!

You are welcome! Although we reserved the cabana in advance, they did not have the fruit tray out when we got there so that isn't in the photo. Our attendant just asked us to let him know when we wanted it (so they kept it chilled until you asked for it). They also stock the fridge with bottled water and canned sodas. Our attendant told us to take any leftovers and sodas/waters with us when we left too.

My entire family was so excited for our cabana day. I hadn't realized how much my 'go go go' style wasn't aligning with their 'tv' style ;) The cabana was so great because I could still enjoy my Disney (see the castle, use the water slide, get a dole whip at Captain cooks, enjoy the pool bar drinks, etc) yet we also got a lot of downtime and everyone loved having the TV in there too.

I can not say enough about how comfortable those lounges and chairs are either. And I could swear that the towels they gave us were a bit fluffier but maybe I was :cloud9: that it just seemed that way!

It's hard for me to pay 'extra' for a perk that I thought was included anyway (some chairs at a hotel pool) but I decided to suck it up and try it. We were so glad we did and I highly recommend it! Similar to our experience with the kids Neverland Club - worth every penny!

I am taking DD and a friend of hers and her mother to the Poly over Memorial weekend as a b-day gift to my DD. I rented the cabana for a half day as a surprise and I know she's going to love it (you can see in the photos how excited she was that last time!)

Oh my, when people ask why I love the Poly so much - it has EVERYTHING that we love about Disney :love:

This Time Tomorrow I Will Be Checking Into The POLYNESIAN!!!! Can You Say Happy, Happy, Happy Dance!!!!
:cool1: :drive: :worship: :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: :yo-yo: :jumping1: :dancer: party: :rainbow: :drinking:

Jealous!! Have a fantastic trip!

It truly is. One day we extended it to a full day rental and it was fabulous. We also prefer the male attendant to the female. He was definitely more attentive and friendlier.

Our attendant was like a big, lumbering teddy bear :)

Got in yesterday around 3:00. Tokelau room 1916 first floor, almost corner room (not on quiet pool side). I did request pool side over the phone, but only 2 options available when doing line check in. A couple quick thoughts...why the bleep am I up so early? Sitting in the GCH drinking coffee and no one but CM's around.
Room looks great except for some peeling paint above the shower. We did T-Rex last night for dinner and have our 8:40 at BBB this morning.
Family was on edge by end of day yesterday. It always seems like it takes a day or so to decompress and get in the vacation groove. If I keep this sleep schedule I should be able to do a daily check in around 5 am.....I sure hope not. :lol
Aloha!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Aloha, hope you are all having a wonderful time. Looking forward to more posts.

So this past trip we spent a lot of time resort hopping and enjoying the ambiance. We had never really explored the Poly before.

DH has decided it's on his "must stay" list now for the following reason:

24b6x7a.jpg

He discovered the joy of self-serve dole whip!

nice job! Funny that I saw that picture and this one from the easywdw site on the same day lol

mhsdhfsds56.jpg

AstroDad said:
nice job! Funny that I saw that picture and this one from the easywdw site on the same day lol

Omg that is crazy. Is that a new mug in the picture too? Did the finally change the mugs?

Wanna be Ariel said:
Omg that is crazy. Is that a new mug in the picture too? Did the finally change the mugs?

We are here now and the mugs are the same beach pic w/ pink, black @ turquoise handles.

So this past trip we spent a lot of time resort hopping and enjoying the ambiance. We had never really explored the Poly before.

:faint:

How much are the POLY refillable mugs? Can they be filled at Captain Cooks?
Thanks!!

Thanks Tinkerbellie for the beautiful cabana pics and informative review!! We have a 12 day stay at the Poly this June, and I just booked a full day cabana for not one but BOTH of our resort days!!! One of those days is our 25th wedding anniversary!! We are SO excited!! I saw the fruit picture posted on another site and the pineapple looked delicious. Do they restock the fruit for you as well?

Dear KANGA1,
Just watched your 2010 video. You did a TERRIFIC job!! Your daughter is adorable........she looks like she is one that is ALWAYS in a good mood!!
She'll be 3 years older when you return in June.....it'll be great to see her expression now. I bet it doesn't change a bit!! Thanks for sharing. Our family really enjoyed it!!

mhsdhfsds56.jpg

That IS a different mug design than the beach scene ones. Wondering when this photo was taken.....this looks like Mickey is driving or riding a ride

Got the trip payed off today. :woohoo: Can't wait for our first poly stay!!

I reserved a third floor balcony in Tokelau. Now, I'm wondering if I should have chose 1st floor patio? Ack........what to do, what to do........I like the idea of walking straight out, but don't like the idea of people being able to just walk by the room. I value peace most of all.

Dear KANGA1,
Just watched your 2010 video. You did a TERRIFIC job!! Your daughter is adorable........she looks like she is one that is ALWAYS in a good mood!!
She'll be 3 years older when you return in June.....it'll be great to see her expression now. I bet it doesn't change a bit!! Thanks for sharing. Our family really enjoyed it!!

Ahh..thanks Janny! :goodvibes Yes, she pretty much is always in a good mood. Kind of a "go with the flow" kind of girl! Thanks for the compliment on the video. I keep starting new ones from trips taken after that one, but they never seem to get finished! Lol!:rolleyes1

24b6x7a.jpg

That was hilarious. I had seen the easywdw one the day before, too. Made my wife and I laugh really hard. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter