ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gaildmoody

gaildmoody Mouseketeer

5-7 minutes depending on where you are at the poly.:thumbsup2

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Gina99

Gina99 Earning My Ears

Hi everyone

I'm leaving on Friday for my first trip ever to Disney World and I'm so excited to be staying at the Poly! Thank you all for the great info on this thread!!!

Is there anywhere that would house a list of how long if takes to get from the Poly to different parks, etc??

Thanks so much!

4. gaildmoody

gaildmoody Mouseketeer

Well the monorail takes just a few minutes to MK and if you walk to TTC to get on the monorail to EPCOT its about a total of 15-20 mins. The bus rides to the other two take 15-20 mins but keep in mind the buses go to other resorts. ALWAYS plan on an hour travel time with the buses and 30 mins or so with the monorail/boats.:thumbsup2

5. glass half full

glass half full Mouseketeer

:banana:
    Hit double digits yesterday!!

6. The Fox Menagerie

The Fox Menagerie Mouseketeer

Woohoo!!!

7. Gina99

Gina99 Earning My Ears

Thank you for the advice!!! :)

8. DebbyLof428

DebbyLof428 DIS Veteran

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :love:

9. MichelinMan

MichelinMan I Am Speed - Ka-Chow!!!!

Got a quick question for you Poly lovers - do you need reservations for breakfast for Kona Cafe, or will we be OK without them - we will be going in July.

I was looking to have a quick bit of brekkie in the CL, but the wife is now saying she likes her big breakfasts on holiday, so I reckon we will end up in Kona some mornings at least.

10. gaildmoody

gaildmoody Mouseketeer

TOMORROW! I will be there tomorrow! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! :cool1:

11. silver236

silver236 Disney Vet

I would put some in. There were still some available about two weeks before our trip, but I would prefer to be in the better safe than sorry category. On the other hand, we ate at Cap'n Cooks most mornings and did fine. You can get the Tonga toast there as well other items. We never felt hungry and it was a little cheaper. Also had the advantage of me walking over there while everyone else was getting ready and we ate in our room. Big time saver (and made much easier considering we were in Samoa.)

12. cmesq61

cmesq61 DIS Veteran

Had to post to say 60 days till I return to my beloved Poly!!!! YAY!!! DBF & I are alternating now b/w the Poly and BWI--but I so love when it's my turn!

13. MindyLuvsMickey

MindyLuvsMickey DIS Veteran

Stopping by to do the happy dance. I'm down to 13 days on my countdown.:banana::banana:

14. longing4disney

longing4disney Mouseketeer

Can anyone advise if the Poly has kettle in the room for boiling water? Thanks! We leave in less than 30 hours! Yippee!

15. 1971DBday

1971DBday Keep moving forward!

No. You will have a coffee brewer and that is the closest. Not being a coffee drinker I don't pay much attention to it but I think it brews a cup at a time. It may be able to heat your water for you though. The other option would be to request a microwave. Plus, the only other "kitchen" item that you will have in the room is a mini-fridge.

16. longing4disney

longing4disney Mouseketeer

Thanks. We have requested a microwave, so may have to make do with it. :)

17. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

Even if there was a kettle, there would be no source of heat to boil the water with.

18. kathie859

kathie859 DIS Veteran

FWIW.....in many other countries, there's a self contained, plug in tea kettle along with the in room coffee service. I believe that is what was being asked.
    And no, there's no tea kettle.

19. Napria

Napria It really *is* the Happiest Place!

As I sit by my fireplace, happy to have the chill in the air today replaced by its warmth, and dreaming of our trip in about 7 1/2 months, I'm wondering how unbearable the heat & humidity will be mid July? We are planning only 1/2 day in MK; the rest of the time will be spent at the Pool (planning on getting a cabana), in the CL lounge and at restaurants.

We've never gone to WDW in July, but it's been pretty brutally hot in June.

Thanks.

20. Ferrentinos

Ferrentinos DIS Veteran

We leave for our first poly stay in 14 days!!!! Can't wait! A little nervous about our first flight with DD2 but so excited that I am trying to forget those nerves!!!!

21. HeatherLassell

HeatherLassell Queen of the PTR

Starting to plan our January 2014 trip and seriously considering staying at the POLY! Time to start researching this resort!!! :goodvibes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.