ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheNewMrsB

TheNewMrsB DIS Veteran

Yay only 13 days to go! Currently listening to the Poly loop (old and new) and probably will be every work day between now and my last day. :)

Of course we're still two weeks out and who knows what will happen, but Accuweather is currently calling for straight-up rain our first two days. Well, then I'm sure we'll be able to get on rides that much faster! (Though let's not kid around - I'd still enjoy some pool time)

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Guitarob for not just slapping up a thread and being done with it. Did y'all notice the little extra bits of fanciness, such as the headers he created for each longhouse, restaurant, etc? Because my husband is a rockstar.

I'll be happy to pass on any further thanks you'd like to offer in the form of hugs, kisses, etc. Just let me know - it's the least I can do! ;)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. TheNewMrsB

TheNewMrsB DIS Veteran

That is amazing! I can't believe you managed to keep it a secret! You'll have to document the big reveal and share it with us. You must be bursting with excitement!!!

4. LoveMickeyMouse

LoveMickeyMouse Love taking my boys to see Mickey!!

I like your idea of looking at POLY CL so you can have more room, plus you can skip going to Captain Cooks for breakfast with 4 kids. That will save you time and effort before going to the parks. Plus, it is SO great to watch the fireworks from the POLY, and then put little ones to bed! You could watch from the CL lounge, which is nice when the weather is too hot or rainy.::yes::

5. TeamTilson

TeamTilson O'hana

We were enjoying the Nanea Volcano pool late one evening, after watching the EWP and MK's fireworks from the beach, and happy to be the one of the few families in the pool (I think it was around 10pm).

My DD10 swims up to me and DH (where we're relaxing on the shelf where the "waterfall" normally hits) and she says, "SHHH!!!! Do you hear that??".

We look at her confused. She says, "Go underwater!! And {whispering}LISTEN!"

DH and I shrug and stick our heads underwater with DD.

Sure enough, I could hear the sweet soundtrack of the Polynesian resort. The twangy guitar & ukelele playing. If it wasn't for my body screaming "get some air" I couldn't stayed under and listened to it echo under the pool for hours. So relaxing...

We three resurfaced.. and just amazed that we could hear the music so clearly underwater.

I tried again to "find the music", numerous times throughout our visit. But sadly, did not hear the music underwater anymore. Maybe the sound of the volcano slide/waterfall and multiple people in the pool masked the soundtrack underwater. I don't think it was a fluke accident that DD, DH, and I could hear it so clearly one night and then not be able to find it again.

Maybe that was our "magic moment" at the Poly? Something we three can put into "making memories" and smile and laugh about when we go and visit WDW again.

I've heard about the Big Blue Pool at AoA having sound/music/Finding Nemo dialog underwater...but didn't realize any other pool had it.

So after my long story... I want to ask my fellow Poly Lovers - do you hear the music?

6. TheNewMrsB

TheNewMrsB DIS Veteran

Yes! In fact I was just thinking the other day how I should bring snorkeling gear in order to be able to actually hear the Poly music during the day instead of the stuff they blast during the games. ;)

7. Babka

Babka Czeching out the DIS boards!

Do any of you Poly folks know if I can order Tonga toast minus the sugar on top?

Thanks!

8. whamma

whamma DIS Veteran

DD's 10th Birthday Surprise Trip Update:
    48 hours til we're in the air and the kids are STILL CLUELESS!!! I have to say--I am really proud of myself for keeping my mouth shut and not ruining the surprise. Helps that we're so busy with school and work to think about anything else. DD is going to flip. Every night she uses DH's phone to check the wait times at WDW on Mobile Magic--just because she can. Ha. Last night as she was going to bed she asked, "When are we going to Disney again?" DH and I both said, "We don't know since our next trip Disney trip is a cruise at spring break--not Disney World." ;) Wink-wink! She is not going to believe it when we pick her up from school on Thursday and tell her we're heading to the airport. :cheer2:

9. JVP1

JVP1 Mouseketeer

What a wonderful way to surprise them! I hope you will be able to do a trip report!

10. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

My grand daughter said she heard it while under water also ! ::yes:: Next time I'm going to go under water to see if I hear it :thumbsup2

11. TheNewMrsB

TheNewMrsB DIS Veteran

Sooooooo excited for all of you!

12. TheNewMrsB

TheNewMrsB DIS Veteran

Soooooo excited for all of you!!!

13. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Hate to sound stupid................but what is the Poly loop??

14. guitarob

guitarob Polynesian Obsessed

The loop is the music that plays on a continuous "loop" throughout the grounds at the Polynesian.

15. ChimneyJim

ChimneyJim Earning My Ears

Aloha everyone! First post here. Lurked for awhile. DW and I along with our DS4 and DD3 are making our first trip to the Poly and first trip overall to Disney since 91 in 17 days. We are soo excited! The information here has been wonderful you all have helped us quite a bit.

Thank you.
    Mike

16. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Oh, thank you so much!!

And if I am correct, I think I have been seeing from other threads that you are the one responsible for this thread.................Thank you for that, it's GREAT!!

Now, where can I listen to this Poly Loop??

So looking forward to our first stay there.

17. auntfrannie

auntfrannie DIS Veteran

Give him a scritchy-scratch behind the ears for me! I love the new thread and found it so helpful when deciding to make the switch from Contemporary TPV to Poly Club level. The fall room-only discount got me the club level at less money than the Cont.

I appreciate all the work that goes into starting and maintaining all the info!

Only 31 more days until we leave!!

18. guitarob

guitarob Polynesian Obsessed

You're quite welcome. I rather enjoy keeping this thread :)

As far as the music goes: I sent you a private message. If anyone else would like this information, please PM me.

19. walt's assistant

walt's assistant Once loved by the Tag Fairy

Yes, please pass along our thanks as well. We just returned from 8 days at the Poly (first time stay, concierge) and his information and presentation of it was immensely helpful to us in making our visit one of the best we've ever had.

So a BIG :thanks: to Guitarob! Great job, and thank you for your Disney passion!

20. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

ONE WEEK TO GO!!!! Life is good!!!

21. JohnNYC

JohnNYC Mouseketeer

Returning to the poly next week. Haven't been there in years. Do they still play the underwater music in the pool? Thanks in advance!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.