ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clanmcculloch

clanmcculloch DIS Veteran

Thank you!

Well this stinks. So basically, everything around the pools will be closed during my stay late February. OK, Tokelau will be open so not EVERYTHING at the quiet pool but pretty darned close. What's that say about the pools?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. sherekhan

sherekhan DLF>DNF>>DNS

Got this answer from the PHM thread:
    "I have not stayed at the Poly, but have run the race four times and it doesn't pass right in front, but after the MK it does come close. If you walked out the front door of the Poly through the parking lot and turned left you would be close. Hopefully some one has some better info will help out."

Sounds like maybe just going to the viewing area in the MK is a better plan, esp with little kids. The monorails should be running by then.

4. princessap

princessap DIS Veteran

I am worried about this too as we are there march 3-6....I am considering switching resorts due to refurbs and pool being out of commission, it is a lot to spend and not get the full enjoyment! how will we know for sure when refurb are being done?? I asked the CM once and she said there are none in the works so not sure if she knows or not..

5. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

I haven't seen anything regarding pool rehabs at all - hope not! I recall they did some work on the quiet pool after our January 2011 stay.

6. DebbyLof428

DebbyLof428 DIS Veteran

It surprises me that those of us on the Disboards know more than the people that work at the Poly do sometimes :confused3

7. denisekayt

denisekayt Better known as Alice

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad to see some Figi lovers out there! Sounds like it will be a good fit for us. Can't wait to be there! :thumbsup2

8. gaildmoody

gaildmoody Mouseketeer

I need some help... I leave in 10 days and we have a LV CL room (Hawaii bldg) and I was trying to decide which rooms to request but tikimans site doesn't really help because the pics are so old.

I only see one room that is LV on the 3rd floor? We really want the best possible view of the MK. We couldn't get a TPV CL room so I am hoping for a little magic.

Do you have LV CL Suggestions? :confused3

9. homer2210

homer2210 Earning My Ears

How can people afford to stay here?? There must be alot of millionaires out there. :confused3

10. DznyCrzy11

DznyCrzy11 "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference wh

Oh yeah, I wish! Even more so I wish I was one of them, lol. We stay here by saving and watching our spending like crazy, oh and using discounts that Disney offers.

Sent from my GalaxyS II

11. gaildmoody

gaildmoody Mouseketeer

we are hardly millionaires. Speaking for myself, I own my own Disney Travel Agency so we are always locating the specials and deals for our clients, and for ourselves! Getting 35% off rack rate makes it quite a bit more affordable! :thumbsup2

12. Wanna be Ariel

Wanna be Ariel DIS Veteran

No millionaire here. We have been saving and waiting for a good % off. It is hard to spend that kind of money, but we will have a 2.5 year old at the time we will be going there. We know that we will be spending a lot of time at the resort. So being that close to MK is worth every penny to us.

13. NicoleK1974

NicoleK1974 Mouseketeer

Lol! Millionares....?
    Far from it....and we are affording to stay Club Level this trip after staying just Theme Park View last time...

Watch for pin codes....I saw one not too long ago for 35% off and in my case I got a great 40% discount with the military salute discount!

Of course, I only have one child, which cuts Disney costs by a TON....
    Which was the reason I stopped at one....
    I wanted to be able to afford the nicer things for her, even on a meager military family budget....
    If we had 2 or more, we would DEFINITELY be moderate or value resort people.

I feel very lucky to be able to stay at the Poly as it is truly amazing, but "millionaires"????? FAR from it are we....!
    :)

14. NicoleK1974

NicoleK1974 Mouseketeer

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions, but when you get a good look at them first hand, will you let me know which is best?
    We are staying LV in Hawaii in 3 weeks and would love to know which is best.

An "insider" suggested a first floor close to the concierge desk is a great option....but I am always up for more opinions!
    :)

15. Turtlegirl

Turtlegirl <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

We LOVE the Poly but I do agree that the cost to stay there is getting out of control! But we're doing it anyway:)

On a different note, I was under the impression that a jacuzzi is being added to the pool area, and would be ready this Fall. Now I've read, though, that construction hasn't even started yet.

Can anyone comment on when and if a jacuzzi will be added at the Poly?

I did search this thread and the resorts forum but couldn't glean an answer.

Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving, fellow DISers!

16. sandym718

sandym718 DIS Veteran

. I'm sorry, I didn't say that clearly. What I meant was that having the patio and lawn area (most of Tokelau's rooms open onto grassy areas), made it Feel like we had extra space.

Definitely not. We live fairly frugally in our daily lives and splurge on vacations. We've decided to pass on things like new furniture, fancy electronics, and other things for now. I figure that eventually our kids (10 and 8) won't want to travel with us all the time, so for this time in our lives, we're making wonderful family memories. I figure I'll get new furniture when they're older ;)

17. tinkermommyof3

tinkermommyof3 DIS Veteran

You don't have to be a millionaire to stay at ANY of the WDW resorts. There are many room levels (standard, garden, water, etc.) to choose from at all of the resorts as well as discounts from time to time.:thumbsup2

18. VeroBeachGirl

VeroBeachGirl Mouseketeer

We switched from AKL to the Poly for our early December trip! It'll be our first time staying there! Will the pools be okay to use (weather wise) the first week in December?
    Also, we requested Fiji, third floorÂ…is that a good spot?

19. DznyCrzy11

DznyCrzy11 "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference wh

The weather can be iffy in December. Yes Fiji 3rd floor is a great location!!! There's the Marina view side which I love!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

20. TXPyroMom

TXPyroMom Mouseketeer

We are looking at staying here in December 2013 and I had a few questions.

We travel with my parents and they get a lot of use out of a balcony, so that is a must for us. I know that most of the longhouses don't have balconies, but we would be booking two MK view rooms and I was wondering what our chances are for getting balconies.

We stayed in MK rooms at CR in January and the view was amazing. DD could lay in her bed and watch the castle change colors and my parents would sit on the balcony and drink coffee in the mornings.

Any tips or recommendations you all can offer would be great :)

21. uagirl

uagirl Oh Toodles!

We love to stay deluxe, but typically go 2-3 years between visits. It takes us that long to save up enough to do it again.

Not millionaires, just penny pinchers. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.