ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Thank you so much for providing all of this info. We are staying at the Poly for the first time in January. Since it is an anniversary trip without the kiddos (first time), can anyone recommend a particular longhouse or floor? we are looking for a lovely and quiet experience at our resort. Thanks!

Tahiti is delightfully quiet, great views, 2 minutes to TTC.

Darn! They said on the phone I can stay as long as I like that day so that's great to know. Thank you!!! :)

Unfortunately with the location of the regular cabanas even if they let you stay until the fireworks I'm pretty sure you would not be able to see them (there is a lot of foliage blocking the view of the lagoon from them).

If you rent the premium cabana you can rent it until midnight and would be able to view the fireworks. I'm not sure how the view is, as we didn't rent the premium one. I'm not sure how much longer the premium cabana will be available since I've been told that's where they are putting the hot tub.

If the premium cabana is still available for your trip (and construction hasn't started) based on Carlnix's review, their view of the fireworks wasn't completely unobstructed from there either - the little wooden structure on the end of the dock blocked it somewhat. Plus he complained that a lot of people kept trying to sit in their chairs and were quite rude with them!

All that being said, you can still watch the fireworks from the Poly without having to take your kids to the park. They pipe the sound track into the main beach. They also have a camp fire & movie on the beach every night. You could get the kids into their pj's, grab some lounge chairs early, watch the movie, EWP and then the fireworks. They will pause the movie when the EWP and fireworks both start.

Does the poly have windows that we can decorate from the inside?

I just want to sit two stuffed animals in the window really.

The Poly has interior hallways, so they don't have the windows like at Pop, for example, with the windows along exterior corridors that you can decorate and others can see. The room "windows" at Poly are large sliding patio doors. If you have a first floor room you may be able to sit your stuffed animals on a table in front of your slider otherwise, if you have an upper floor no one would be able to see them.

maiapapaya said:
Unfortunately with the location of the regular cabanas even if they let you stay until the fireworks I'm pretty sure you would not be able to see them (there is a lot of foliage blocking the view of the lagoon from them).

If the premium cabana is still available for your trip (and construction hasn't started) based on Carlnix's review, their view of the fireworks wasn't completely unobstructed from there either - the little wooden structure on the end of the dock blocked it somewhat. Plus he complained that a lot of people kept trying to sit in their chairs and were quite rude with them!

All that being said, you can still watch the fireworks from the Poly without having to take your kids to the park. They pipe the sound track into the main beach. They also have a camp fire & movie on the beach every night. You could get the kids into their pj's, grab some lounge chairs early, watch the movie, EWP and then the fireworks. They will pause the movie when the EWP and fireworks both start.

The Poly has interior hallways, so they don't have the windows like at Pop, for example, with the windows along exterior corridors that you can decorate and others can see. The room "windows" at Poly are large sliding patio doors. If you have a first floor room you may be able to sit your stuffed animals on a table in front of your slider otherwise, if you have an upper floor no one would be able to see them.

Thank you again! You really are amazing! :)

I apologize for going over territory already covered, but I've seen references to construction and to longhouse renovation but can't find the source material. Can someone review the upcoming changes and known dates, if any? TIA

Just completed my booking.

18 nights at the Poly (gv) - July 2013.

Very exciting:cool1:

Thank you Rob for the new thread! It looks great!

Question for those who have stayed at the Poly for New Years Eve...is there anything special that goes on? I know, obviously, I can watch the fireworks from the beach. We are staying theme park view - club level. Does anything special go on in the CL lounge?

This is the first time we are braving Christmas/NYE week. We will be spending most of our time at the Poly! We stayed at the Poly for the first time in July, and it was just fabulous! Thank you to everyone on this thread who helped me in planning!:goodvibes

Thanks Amanda--- all very good points! And I know we would LOVE WL.

The problem is I'm not sure I can sell DH on them... he has his heart set on Poly as the main stop. :lovestruc He went there as a kid with his parents and it's his "dream" to take his kids back.

I'm leery about us all in one room too for any major time frame- looking at doing CL so there's the option of the lounge for more space and entertainment options.

We don't usually stick around MK (or Epcot) for fireworks unless there's EMH afterwards, and then we stick that out until the end, so the traffic isn't as bad. But the last time we did all this it was without the baby---- sooooo, that has to be factored in.

She's pretty go with the flow for the most part, but August and the heat and being 2... well, I'm not counting on her being the best late night traveler! But that's also why I wanted Poly- to be closest (and easiest with monorail- not interested in CR) to get her home if we need to get out earlier than the other kids.

It's going to be a pain, no matter how we work it out I suppose.

I may have to lay this out with DH and give him the WL option. It's not a hardship at all to stay there- we love it. But he's just kinda set on Poly. We have stayed long term in a one room situation before and it's not horrible --- but it's not ideal for sure.

I think The Poly is the right choice because it is so easy to get to and from MK. I also think the CL is a good idea because the lounge will save you money on breakfast, drinks, snacks, ect. Also remember The Poly rooms are the biggest on property along with CR. You probably won't spend to much time in the room with having the lounge, the beach, two pools, and GCH. I would request a patio, it might feel like a little more space. Plus no stairs or elevator.

I am seriously about to kick Photobucket to the curve! It has crashed my computer three times now and I have lost two very long TR entries. I have gotten wise and typed onto a word doc and try to add my pictures later but Photobucket is not letting me resize the pics :furious:

I am no rookie and this stuff. Before Rob set up the Poly thread I did it and had no problems with adding multiple pics and so forth. UGH! I am trying to upload to a different site so we will see what happens. :confused3

:confused: I just want to share my TR :sad2:

Great new thread, Rob!

Just have to say that in just 72 hours :woohoo:we will be on a plane flying to WDW for our first stay at the Poly AND our first stay at club level. We will celebrate DD's 10th birthday next Saturday. DD and DS15 still have NO IDEA WE ARE GOING!! I am beyond proud of myself for being able to keep it a secret! Bags are packed and everything but they are clueless. I LOVE IT!!!

Great new thread, Rob!

Just have to say that in just 72 hours :woohoo:we will be on a plane flying to WDW for our first stay at the Poly AND our first stay at club level. We will celebrate DD's 10th birthday next Saturday. DD and DS15 still have NO IDEA WE ARE GOING!! I am beyond proud of myself for being able to keep it a secret! Bags are packed and everything but they are clueless. I LOVE IT!!!

Good for you for keeping the secret! We are doing the same thing and I know it is not easy! In 1 week and 1 day we will be revealing it too! :banana: That just gave me butterflies typing it out!

Hope you have a magical time!pixiedust:

I think The Poly is the right choice because it is so easy to get to and from MK. I also think the CL is a good idea because the lounge will save you money on breakfast, drinks, snacks, ect. Also remember The Poly rooms are the biggest on property along with CR. You probably won't spend to much time in the room with having the lounge, the beach, two pools, and GCH. I would request a patio, it might feel like a little more space. Plus no stairs or elevator.

Thanks- also great suggestions/input. The larger room makes me more comfortable with the set up. I don't spend a ton of time getting ready in the bathroom, nor do my kids- they are still too little for all the primping. It's DH in the single bathroom that could hold us up---you know how dudes can be. But thinking the lounge would give us some space to hang out in while he's doing whatever it is he does in there. Plus I like club levels. They make me feel extra spoiled. And while I can't afford going to 2 rooms, I could go up to CL.

:confused: I just want to share my TR :sad2:

And I just want to read it! Esp since I'm eyeing the same time you just went, annnnnddddd have always said "never ever ever in August..." ha! Hope photobucket starts to play nice!

Good for you for keeping the secret! We are doing the same thing and I know it is not easy! In 1 week and 1 day we will be revealing it too! :banana: That just gave me butterflies typing it out!

Hope you have a magical time!pixiedust:

:yay: HOW EXCITING Jenny!!! :yay: it will be an amazing reveal, I am sure!
Can't believe I've only got 25 days until the POLY....it's going so fast now! :eek:

Hello! Can anyone tell me what the updated breakfast options are in the club level lounge? I've seen photos of cream cheese Danishes and cinnamon rolls but I saw a recent video that didn't have either. :sad2: those are our favorite breakfast options... Help!

MiloMouse said:
Hello! Can anyone tell me what the updated breakfast options are in the club level lounge? I've seen photos of cream cheese Danishes and cinnamon rolls but I saw a recent video that didn't have either. :sad2: those are our favorite breakfast options... Help!

Breakfast is basically two types of pastries such as mini muffins, bagels, cinnamon rolls or croissants. They rotate two throughout the week. There is cream cheese, butter, and peanut butter available.

There is fresh fruit salad with melon and grapes. Hot oatmeal with dried blueberries or cherries and almonds and brown sugar.

There is a variety of cereals with milk, skim or 2%

Variety of juices like orange, and a punch mixture. Coffee and teas

You can ask for yogurt from the cast members. They also have apples, oranges and bananas available throughout the entire day.

If your child or you need soy milk or have allergies you should inform the IPO so they can make arrangements to have things available suited to your dietary needs.

I hope that helps!

I need to be making a room request. I was wanting Samoa, how hard is to get a request for Samoa in the middle of October ? I also wanted to know when we do online check in is there buildings to choose from for our room request ? What all is availbable to choose for requests on the online check in ?

today is my online check in day :cool1:

I may not sleep for the next 10 days :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts